Modified FF Race

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe i looked dumb asking this here because even the author of this mods hasn't found a solution for this.

How to fix the hair clipping problem? I read the entire post about hair issues but there are no people who found a solution or attempted to fix it. I am ready to fix all of them if i know what to do. I know basic blender and nifskope. I've just tried to edit nitrishape and changed the z translation to 1.0000 but it didn't change a thing. I knew its not that simple.

Any help and suggestion will be appreciated? or you can link me to the tutorial regarding this problem.

Maybe i looked dumb asking this here because even the author of this mods hasn't found a solution for this.

How to fix the hair clipping problem? I read the entire post about hair issues but there are no people who found a solution or attempted to fix it. I am ready to fix all of them if i know what to do. I know basic blender and nifskope. I've just tried to edit nitrishape and changed the z translation to 1.0000 but it didn't change a thing. I knew its not that simple.

Any help and suggestion will be appreciated? or you can link me to the tutorial regarding this problem.

Mai has the tutor for those SKS clip

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8677

but well, you should do it all by yourself :P

but well' date=' you should do it all by yourself :P

[/quote']

Thank you, i'll try right away

but well' date=' you should do it all by yourself :P

[/quote']

Thanks, i'll try right away

Yep, if moving the hair doesn't fix clipping for you be sure to scale the hair to your headmesh, then realign it again.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty awesome mod, love the face shape, really good base that makes it a lot easier to make good looking characters. My only little nitpick is that the body texture wasn't quite to my flavour, and when i swapped it out for one of Ozmo's high res textures, of course there would be a seem :\

BUT(t), deciding to not be lazy for once, I fooled around with the face texture a bit and made the shading of it a little more darker/yellow so it matches ( at least a lot better than before ) to Ozmo's high res textures. There's a still a small seam, but it's not as noticeable as before. If I feel like it I may actually try and perfect it one of these days.

Hopefully OP and the original author don't mind, it's just a small edit ( microscopic ) compared to the masterful work done in making the actual texture by the original author.

So, TL;DR,

I made a minor edited face to be used with Ozmo's textures, in case you like nipple/pubes variety.

( Hopefully OP adds this to the OP post so people don't have to dig for it )

FF13_Ozmo_Face.rar

Pretty awesome mod' date=' love the face shape, really good base that makes it a lot easier to make good looking characters. My only little nitpick is that the body texture wasn't quite to my flavour, and when i swapped it out for one of Ozmo's high res textures, of course there would be a seem :\

BUT(t), deciding to not be lazy for once, I fooled around with the face texture a bit and made the shading of it a little more darker/yellow so it matches ( at least a lot better than before ) to Ozmo's high res textures. There's a still a small seam, but it's not as noticeable as before. If I feel like it I may actually try and perfect it one of these days.

Hopefully OP and the original author don't mind, it's just a small edit ( microscopic ) compared to the masterful work done in making the actual texture by the original author.

So, TL;DR,

I made a minor edited face to be used with Ozmo's textures, in case you like nipple/pubes variety.

( Hopefully OP adds this to the OP post so people don't have to dig for it )

[/quote']

Even if the textures are just perfect, we cannot seem to remove damnable neck seam once and for all, which is shame. So I don't care about the color difference between the neck and the body. Thanks for the file anyway. :D

Even if the textures are just perfect' date=' we cannot seem to remove damnable neck seam once and for all, which is shame. So I don't care about the color difference between the neck and the body. Thanks for the file anyway. :D

[/quote']

Let me introduce you to Seam Mender

Seam Mender will remove visible mesh seams between any two meshes (it doesn't do anything for texture differences, of course).

Neck seams are a bit tricky to repair - importing head meshes into Blender using nifscripts renders them unusable in Oblivion (there is a work-around, but it's long).

So what you want to do is as follws:

0. Install Seam Mender and the Blender True Normals Patch

1. Import a head mesh (you won't be exporting it again)

1.a. Delete the armature

1.b. Seelct the head mesh

1.c. Tab into edit mode

1.d. hit a until no vertices are selected

1.e. hit control alt shift m to select all non manifold vertices. Conveniently, this includes the vertices on the neck seam

2. Import your upper body mesh

2.a. Delete the armature

2.b. Seelct the upper body mesh

2.c. Tab into edit mode

2.d. hit a until no vertices are selected

2.e. hit control alt shift m to select all non manifold vertices.

3. Select the torso and then shift select the head mesh.

4. Run Seam mender.

5. Delete the head mesh

6. Import Armature

7. Export neck seam free upper body.

Note: The current version of Setbody Reloaded includes meshes with no visible seams for the writst, waists, and ankles. Unfortunately, I had not yet figured out a good approach to eliminating Neck seams when I released 1.20.

The 1.25 release will contain meshes with improved neck seams.

Actually, I tried it before, but failed bcause it seemed to be impossible to work without proper egm and tri file. I can easily mend their seams *in blender* but I don't know how to generate egm/tri file.

(The conformulator does not seem to be made for this purpose I guess)

Actually' date=' I tried it before, but failed bcause it seemed to be impossible to work without proper egm and tri file. I can easily mend their seams *in blender* but I don't know how to generate egm/tri file.

(The conformulator does not seem to be made for this purpose I guess)

[/quote']

Just match the upper torso to the wonky vertices in the neck mesh and you'll be fine. No need to touch the head mesh at all.

Now, I *have* successfully edited head meshes before. Let me know when you're ready to hop down the rabbit hole and I'll share with you the very dark art of editing Oblivion head meshes without everything going to hell.

*here's a taste of the horror that is editing Oblivion head meshes*

As far as EGM files go...they are incredibly nasty to edit (it can be done via Python and Pyffi or a hex editor). They basically contain all of the facial animations...animations that are keyed to the specific vertices and vertex order of the original vanilla Oblivion head mesh. You don't want to mess with them

The trick is to import a vanilla Oblivion head mesh in a manner that does not in any way modify the number of vertices or their vertex order. You can do this by exporting an obj file from the head mesh in NifSkope and then doing an OBJ import with the "preserve vertex order" selected. You then do your work but *DO NOT* change the number of vertices...no matter what.

Then do a boneweight copy from another oblivion head mesh imported the normal way, and do your export. You have to be careful with the export as well. Some normal settings need to be disabled...I don't remember which ones off hand.

This way you can use the original egm file and don't have to go through the insane ordeal of purchasing facegen and generating one yourself.

Just match the upper torso to the wonky vertices in the neck mesh and you'll be fine. No need to touch the head mesh at all.

Now' date=' I *have* successfully edited head meshes before. Let me know when you're ready to hop down the rabbit hole and I'll share with you the very dark art of editing Oblivion head meshes without everything going to hell.

*here's a taste of the horror that is editing Oblivion head meshes*

[/quote']

Uh oh. Seems like worth trying but yeah horrible. I mean the way you mentioned in the spoiler. It's more or less as horrible thing if I should edit every last upperbody in the setbody.

Uh oh. Seems like worth trying but yeah horrible. I mean the way you mentioned in the spoiler. It's more or less as horrible thing if I should edit every last upperbody in the setbody.

You know...I actually did that. Several times. Before the 1.20 release I actually chopped and mirrored every single mesh in that package' date=' redid the BB weighting from scratch, repaired random holes and gaps in the meshes, etc. It was a crazy crazy process.

As you might imagine, the absurdity of that project is what convinced me to learn Python and start automating this crap.

I went ahead and tried creating an obj for the head mesh in this package and importing it...I'm getting a very weird seam (the back of the skull is not connected to the rest of the mesh)that makes me thing that something went wrong.

On top of that, that neck seam has some serious problems. It's pretty much unfixable without changing the vertex count.

I think I'm going to see if I can use the lattice generator on a Ren06 head to see if I can create a reasonable approximation of this mesh.

***Edit***OK, here it is...completely untested. This is a conversion of a Ren Head 06 to the shape of the modified FF race head using the Transformation Lattice Generator.

Mesh neck seam was made as invisible as possible using Seam Mender to match up the neck weights, vertices, and vertex normals to a Setbody Reloaded standard neck seam.

note: I *think* I included the right tri and egm files for the Ren06 head, but I'm not 100% certain. If you happen to have a Ren06 head installed and this one doesn't work, try replacing the egm etc files in this package with yours.

I guarantee nothing.

Head06Hack.zip

Oh dear lol their UV map are different.

And for some reason my head is invisible.

Oh well, I probably screwed up somewhere. It's been awhile.

I may have included the wrong egm and tri files.

Also...look under ground for your head using tfc...I may have gotten the skeleton import wrong and left your head on the ground.

No I cannot find it even at far beyond the floor or ceiling.

Crap. I'll try again tomorrow. I probably overlooked something basic.

In the meantime, here's a tutorial if you want to give it a shot yourself.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37209

OK...I'm fairly certain I included the wrong egm (grabbed it from a race folder)

Get the good stuff here

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20166

This time what I got:

Indeed something on the skeleton is screwed I guess.

======

Ok, I think I fixed that by importing a fresh skeleton.

But the seam is still present. (+ UV) or I forgot something related to the vertex normals. Recommended export options?

Edit2: Uh oh. On reflection, I should export it as an obj keeping normals and import it via NifSkope right?

=====

Edit3

Exported it as obj (rotate x90 disabled/ normals enabled)

and Imported it

One strange thing is when I import an obj into a nif its UV gets broken.

Anyway finally what I've got