Fallout New Vegas = fun/good modding time?

Awkward Nymph

I've played a modded Skyrim before, but I was thinking about also trying out Fallout.  Vegas is supposed to be good, and it would be my first experience with the series.

Is a moddable one pretty stable?  Is there kind of the same idea behind it like with Skyrim and its managers?

Is there anything where you can have adult experiences with the monsters?  Thank you.

Most use FOMM (fallout mod manager) for fallout games. If you get fallout 3 and then use the TTW (tale of two wastelands) mod you can set it up to where you can play fallout 3 through fallout new Vegas and you'll be able to go back and forth between the 2 areas and fallout 3 will be able to use fallout new Vegas's engine.

Any game is moddable and stable but it will always depend on what you install. 

You have to have both fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas then use the TTW mod and it'll join both fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas together. When playing fallout new Vegas you'll find a subway that'll take you to the fallout 3 universe and you can go back and forth whenever you want and play both games at the same time.

There are also mods that are TTW compatible.

18 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Most use FOMM (fallout mod manager) for fallout games. If you get fallout 3 and then use the TTW (tale of two wastelands) mod you can set it up to where you can play fallout 3 through fallout new Vegas and you'll be able to go back and forth between the 2 areas and fallout 3 will be able to use fallout new Vegas's engine.

Any game is moddable and stable but it will always depend on what you install. 

I use Mod Organizer, and I think that, if Awkward Nymph is used to Skyrim, he'll find Mod Organizer easier to use.

For FNV+DLC a lot of mods are available. If you have a strong PC, you can go the TTW route. 

1 warning though.. The max number of plugins for FNV is half of what Skyrim allows.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, dborg2 said:

I use Mod Organizer, and I think that, if Awkward Nymph is used to Skyrim, he'll find Mod Organizer easier to use.

For FNV+DLC a lot of mods are available. If you have a strong PC, you can go the TTW route. 

1 warning though.. The max number of plugins for FNV is half of what Skyrim allows.

Thanks, and 'she.'  :smiley:

I love Mod Organizer, so that's good news.  Thanks everyone! 

Other tools that you might know from Skyrim also work on FNV, like LOOT and MergeMods. FNVEdit works just like TES5Edit.

So good luck and I'm sure people can help you, if you run into any problems.

Ow and sorry about the 'he'-thing. 'It' is so unpersonal, so I usually guess for 'he', as most users on this site are male.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, dborg2 said:

Other tools that you might know from Skyrim also work on FNV, like LOOT and MergeMods. FNVEdit works just like TES5Edit.

So good luck and I'm sure people can help you, if you run into any problems.

Ow and sorry about the 'he'-thing. 'It' is so unpersonal, so I usually guess for 'he', as most users on this site are male.

I'd feel worse about "It" I honestly don't understand people who use some labels actually like to be referred to in that way.  It's kind of demeaning.  :tongue:

Thanks! :3

On 2/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, dborg2 said:

TTW is what I play with about 200 mods installed(some merged) and I have about 200 hrs on my current character with barely 10% of the game "finished". Two fallout games and all dlc! Almost any mod for FNV will work without changes. All of the better mods for FO3 have been converted. Not to mention that a huge expansion mod is due for release in the next few months called New California. Do yourself a favor and just use TTW!!!:tongue:

One thing you WILL want to do is decrease the amount of experience you gain or just increase the amount needed to level or you'll be level 50 in no time.

• 4 weeks later...

If this is your first time getting into Fallout and New Vegas is your first game, I'd suggest just playing the game with minimal mods so you can see it first. Don't go overboard with TTW or any major overhaul mods, seeing as you've never played any of the Fallouts before. It would just be very confusing. As your first time into the series, just go basic at first. Then after you've enjoyed the game and want more, then start going mod crazy.

Sex mods are fine, texture overhauls, models and such, some UI changes if you want, just some basic things. You want to enjoy Fallout New Vegas as Fallout New Vegas. Play the game first, enjoy it, then worry about all the major overhauls later.

Archived