[Stellaris] Modding Help, Ideas and Suggestions

I have that.  It's fine enough, except it turned the transparent background into black.  Which is visible in Stellaris rather than being invisible.  And doesn't help me with resizing the images without error.

I've tried XNResize, but it leaves weird shadows of the images in the resulting resized versions.

How about a mod that adds some Macro content. LV already has the Raunchy Titans event line, but there's no way to get the titans as pops, or just have your main species be the titans.

Ironically, I don't think it would have to be a very large mod. A few traits (likely involving a major housing penalty), some interactions (maybe some LV integration, Macro pops + Hybrid tech gives other pops Titanic Evolution?), maybe a few other odds and ends to round it out. It would probably make a good base for Micro stuff as well.

I'm not really a modder myself, more of an 'ideas guy'.

• 1 month later...

For custom race sets: Make sure your archetype in 'species classes' is set correctly.  With 3.0, Organic Pop Assembly(Example; Spawning Grounds, Cloning Bay) checks your archetype.  If your race isn't set correctly, your race won't be able to be assembled-the game will say 'there are no species able to be assembled'.

I'm trying to make a mod and having a hard time doing it can anyone explain to me how I would make a mod that changes the DLC nemesis, Ascension perk, become the crisis, to allow for a rogue servitor faction to take it I understand the general idea of why they made it so you can't by default but with my faction backstory as Rogue servitors we don't serve the Organics we treat them like pets and seeing as my goal is always endgame to conquer the entire universe because clearly the Organics are incapable and not intelligent enough to be anything more than pets becoming the crisis is perfect for my faction but the game will not allow it and I can't figure out how to change it in a way that will still allow me to play with my friends I tried changing the file directly that controls it and that work but it made it so my check some with some random ID that no other player could get.

7 hours ago, darkOmoon said:

I'm trying to make a mod and having a hard time doing it can anyone explain to me how I would make a mod that changes the DLC nemesis, Ascension perk, become the crisis, to allow for a rogue servitor faction to take it I understand the general idea of why they made it so you can't by default but with my faction backstory as Rogue servitors we don't serve the Organics we treat them like pets and seeing as my goal is always endgame to conquer the entire universe because clearly the Organics are incapable and not intelligent enough to be anything more than pets becoming the crisis is perfect for my faction but the game will not allow it and I can't figure out how to change it in a way that will still allow me to play with my friends I tried changing the file directly that controls it and that work but it made it so my check some with some random ID that no other player could get.

You can simply overrite the file with the ascension perks and remove the rogue servitor civic from the excluded conditions. That would technically allow you to get the ascension perk.

But I don't know what consequences that has for the crisis content and if you can still use it since it may not have been made with the rogue servitor in mind.

I'm making my own mod (so far, adding new traits to Lusty Void) and I can't for the life of me get the localisation working. I've saved it in the correct format (UTF-8 BOM) but the game completely ignores it. If someone would take a look at it for me, that would be great.

mod.zip

On 4/18/2021 at 2:28 AM, jwideman said:

I'm making my own mod (so far, adding new traits to Lusty Void) and I can't for the life of me get the localisation working. I've saved it in the correct format (UTF-8 BOM) but the game completely ignores it. If someone would take a look at it for me, that would be great.

mod.zip 2.51 kB · 1 download

So you're gonna kick yourself here, it's a really silly thing.

The file name of your localisation file has an uppercase i (india) in the name instead of a lowercase l (lima).

Have fun!

fixed localisation.7z

Rather than trying to make larger mods, just start making event packs.

A long event is more than enough to be its own download.

I am going to start work on this next weekend if im not working OT.

Ideas list:

1) Army infestation - If an army lands on a planet that you do not control and has a special planet trait like tentacles for example.

Must choose to Kill infested, quarantine on that planet, find a cure, or ignore it (spread).

2) Alien STDs - You must quickly complete a series of researches to find a cure as the virus rips thru your species. Maybe even a permanent shift to xenophobic.

2a) Help find cures for allies if they have the event.

2b) Weaponized STD - Infect an allied migration partner with a modified STD on purpose. Evil yes, but a fast way to weaken someone you were going to betray in a few years anyway ;)

3) Inter-marry Dynasties - Can convince an alliance partner to merge empires via marriage rather than normal vassal/integration. Power shift as civics will be blended for creation of new state. Will likely make it that you must be of same species group and have xenocompatability. Will be a 100 year event chain dealing with political squabbles, civilian revolts if your not xenophiles, finally resulting in a new ruling hybrid species. (this one is a long shot but I love crusader kings too much)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, Abominus said:

Since the actual patch just dont really let your production for slave get to the moon, I think about adding an enclave, where you could buy slaves. Is that a nice idea or do you think its aweful?

A enclave located at a habitated planet sounds nice, even they could sell it for cheap, but with the withdraw of some negative lewd traits.

Also, would like to ask if.. there was any interest to make a dragon mod.

21 hours ago, kiargo said:

A enclave located at a habitated planet sounds nice, even they could sell it for cheap, but with the withdraw of some negative lewd traits.

It would certainly be possible. But the best way to do it with an enclave would be to use the same diplomacy screen that the other enclaves have to buy certain amount of slaves.
Otherwise making it like the vanilla slave market screen would be too difficult.
Aside from there needs to be a planets selection too. So either send every bought slave to your capital or random planet.
And regarding traits it would be best to give the option of slave presets. So you could for example choose between "worker", "prostitute" "cows" etc.

I'm not gonna do such a mod but that's how I would to it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mikovic76 said:

Does anyone know a way/mod to add negative traits to species modification? 

You need the society research Genetic Resequencing that you get from the ascension perk Evolutionary Mastery, which is part of the Utopia DLC.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Population_modification

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Society_research#Genetic_Resequencing

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Traditions#Ascension_perks

Edited by Seeker10101
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy, I have some really weird stupid questions, because I cannot seem to find the information I need around online.
I'm currently working on a mod which adds premade empires for Lustful Void (and later there will be some for WL, Family Oriented..)
However, me being me I thought I would want to make it more interesting. I wanted to have empires that could potentially spawn

in the game which have specific dynamics (say, hating another premade empire off the bat) if they spawn.
I thought the way I would achieve this is by way of events. The event would trigger, check to see if empires X and Y exist, and

then set empire Y to be hostile to empire X. I thought "this will be easy, I'll just use is_same_empire in the trigger!"
This was my original code.

country_event = {

hide_window=yes
  is_fired_once=yes

trigger={
    is_same_empire=empireX
    exists=empireY
  }

immediate={ set_hostile=empireY }
}

Problem is that when this gets run Stellaris gets pissed and says is_same_empire and exists aren't being used right and that these defined empires aren't valid targets.
So, a few questions. Is this possible to do? Am I using these commands right? If I am not, how are they used, in what contexts?

Thank you so much for the help!

Hello, please help with the mod. I just recently started to make one mod for portraits. If in the brink, then they do not display portraits in races. Like everything I registered in common and in portraits in gfx. Please, please, go, otherwise it is a shame very much, having spent a day of my life in an empty one ((I can throw off my mod if necessary.

if anything, here's a screenshot:

Безымянный.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:03 PM, TIRAMISU2531 said:

Hello, please help with the mod. I just recently started to make one mod for portraits. If in the brink, then they do not display portraits in races. Like everything I registered in common and in portraits in gfx. Please, please, go, otherwise it is a shame very much, having spent a day of my life in an empty one ((I can throw off my mod if necessary.

if anything, here's a screenshot:

Безымянный.png

That's a though one. I also had blank portraits show up in the empire creation and it's difficult to find what caused them, at least for me.

The only way to find out why, is to look at the modlist and this specific mod.

1 hour ago, StarchildKiss said:

That's a though one. I also had blank portraits show up in the empire creation and it's difficult to find what caused them, at least for me.

The only way to find out why, is to look at the modlist and this specific mod.

Now he turned off the mods, left his current. All Equally no portraits.
Can I skip the mod to see what's wrong with it?