SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

13 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Ok.. here we go.... Any instructions for installing this or is it simply copy and paste?

it is a bit smaller than the oldrim dll...

Nothing special, just copy the dll in SKSE/Plugins like in Oldrim. About the size maybe the Oldrim dll was compiled in debug mode, the original source code was configured to compile in debug, for the x64 version i have compile the dll in release, that will explain the size difference.

Keep in mind i only migrated the dll, you still need to migrate other files like animations, meshes and esp/esm's

Comming back to the main theme of this threat:

Now we have 19 Pages and just a few minor problems with the beta itself, but a lot of stuff about mods that can or can not be ported:

With Fuz Ro Doh out for SE TDF is working properly for me now. I hope this will also solve some issues with other mods.

The DDi .dll file seems to be working fine for me as long as DDx is not installed.

The new .dll has just 1/4 of the size of the old .dll (152 kb instead of 739kb),

javier_himura wrote:

''Nothing special, just copy the dll in SKSE/Plugins like in Oldrim. About the size maybe the Oldrim dll was compiled in debug mode, the original source code was configured to compile in debug, for the x64 version i have compile the dll in release, that will explain the size difference.

Keep in mind i only migrated the dll, you still need to migrate other files like animations, meshes and esp/esm'''

The new .dll has just 1/4 of the size of the old .dll (152 kb instead of 739kb), Anyway as long my game crashes as soon as DDx get installed, too I can not say anything useful. It might be a problem with my port of DDx. 

Mods depending on Racemenu/Niooverride may work or not depending how they check for it and how they react if they don't find what they are looking for. For official ports the authors will have to check their checkers.

Mods depending on UIExtensions don't have mouse support in the menus.

Someone is working on Jcontainers. We better not disturb him or her.

Ashal wrote that he has added a feature for registering json files directly into the next version of SL(I hope it will be released soon), so we might not need jcontainers for SLAL Packs, but we still need them for the creature framework.

Some mods also check for SkyUI: They will send out a lot of error messages with 5.2 SE installed. Until now I haven't found one that didn't work, but the messages are quite disturbing.

33 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

The DDi .dll file seems to be working fine for me as long as DDx is not installed.

The new .dll has just 1/4 of the size of the old .dll (152 kb instead of 739kb),

javier_himura wrote:

''Nothing special, just copy the dll in SKSE/Plugins like in Oldrim. About the size maybe the Oldrim dll was compiled in debug mode, the original source code was configured to compile in debug, for the x64 version i have compile the dll in release, that will explain the size difference.

Keep in mind i only migrated the dll, you still need to migrate other files like animations, meshes and esp/esm'''

The new .dll has just 1/4 of the size of the old .dll (152 kb instead of 739kb), Anyway as long my game crashes as soon as DDx get installed, too I can not say anything useful. It might be a problem with my port of DDx. 

Not just you it causes my game to CTD when I install DDx the mcm menu loads but when I open it it crashes.

56 minutes ago, Watchman35 said:

Not just you it causes my game to CTD when I install DDx the mcm menu loads but when I open it it crashes.

One counter example. I have DDA, DDI, and DDX all loaded. The MCM menus look perfect. On the expansion tab, I disabled the bondage mittens.

All seems to look perfect. 64 bit DLL looks good so far.

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of the Devious devices yet. And I need to figure out how to get Urag to give me the DDi Quest.

That is an Oldrim problem, and not specific to Skyrim SE.

9 minutes ago, fred200 said:

One counter example. I have DDA, DDI, and DDX all loaded. The MCM menus look perfect. On the expansion tab, I disabled the bondage mittens.

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of the Devious devices yet. And I need to figure out how to get Urag to give me the DDi Quest.

ok... Its not only me...But why it is it me? It only happens after I installed DDx. Witout it the game is running fine. Can you give me your .esm file?

12 hours ago, t0m0ya said:

Ran a full questline instant i.e Committing Crime > Getting Arrested > Had Fun > Spend night at prison > Day at pillory > To Jarl > Back to Prison > Released. Without a hitch. 

Ill have to try it in a town.  Did a test in Ivarstead.  Tried some debug commands like move jailor to Pc etc, but did nothing.  Could be script lag, so Ill try it again.

Yeah, I've been having issues with the DDx too. I gave up after people said it was the .dll from the other DD mods. I could get the MCM to come up, but the game would crash after a little while no matter what. By the by, I also had SD+ menu too... Just tossin that pretty tidbit out there if this works...

Ok... DDx is working for me now, too. It has been a problem with my .ESM. 

I have tested a few of the clothes and found a problem with the detection of NIO and the boots. They don't get equpped, because Nio is not detected. 

It also seems that some of the dresses need some tweaking, they don't appear on the body. (solved that with nifscope)

40 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Ok... DDx is working for me now, too. It has been a problem with my .ESM. 

I have tested a few of the clothes and found a problem with the detection of NIO and the boots. They don't get equpped, because Nio is not detected. 

It also seems that some of the dresses need some tweaking, they don't appear on the body. (solved that with nifscope)

I have the same problem,Can you give me your .esm file?

14 hours ago, fred200 said:

4 hours ago, badboyqq said:

Answered in PM. Warning to others - I am not the one-stop conversion shop. I am willing to help specific individuals having troubles doing their own conversion - but you have to try first!

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

Answered in PM. Warning to others - I am not the one-stop conversion shop. I am willing to help specific individuals having troubles doing their own conversion - but you have to try first!

Not going to ask for your version as that it will just end up getting ridiculous. Can you pm the steps you took to convert the esm. I want to compare it to how I did it and see if im making a mistake somewhere.

I start to wonder, why sometimes conversions succeed and sometimes not. If I have to open the esp/esm files in the CK the filesize seems to explode...

I get lot of error messages. as if there is something wrong with my .ini of the CK.

On the other hand I usually don't even have to touch the esp's. They work out of the box.

15 minutes ago, Watchman35 said:

Not going to ask for your version as that it will just end up getting ridiculous. Can you pm the steps you took to convert the esm. I want to compare it to how I did it and see if im making a mistake somewhere.

Posting this again:

1) Download the mod to a convenient spot, like a folder on the desktop.

2) Use 7zip to unpack the archive to a folder of the same name.

3) Unpack any included BSA - then delete it. There are several tools around that make it easy.

4) If the mod includes any animations - the hkx files must be converted. Skyrim SE includes the conversion tool, and a batch file is available to do them all.

5) If the mod includes any NIF files - convert them There is a convenient conversion tool. DO NOT TOUCH THE FACEGEN DIRECTORY!

6) Use 7zip to zip the updated mod back up'

7) Use NMM to install the mod.

8) If the moid includes an ESM, use SSEedit to remove the ESM flag, then rename the ESM to ESP.

9) Load the ESP into the Creation Kit and make a minor change in the ESP. Then undo the change and save it.

10) Rename the ESP back to ESM and set the ESM flag - if it was an ESM.

11) Fire up the game and see if the mod works.

12) If all is good, copy the ESM / ESP back to your mod folder.

13) Repack it and use NMM to delete his version and reinstall it

14) Move on to the next mod - you are done here..

Note on the ESM/ESP conversions: I locate an object with a name, like a piece of armor. You know if it is from your ESP because it is tagged with an asterisk.

TES5Edit can also show you valid names. I modify the comment by adding an "x", save the item, reopen the item, remove the "x" and save it again.

Save the ESP and close the CK.

29 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Posting this again:

1) Download the mod to a convenient spot, like a folder on the desktop.

2) Use 7zip to unpack the archive to a folder of the same name.

3) Unpack any included BSA - then delete it. There are several tools around that make it easy.

4) If the mod includes any animations - the hkx files must be converted. Skyrim SE includes the conversion tool, and a batch file is available to do them all.

5) If the mod includes any NIF files - convert them There is a convenient conversion tool. DO NOT TOUCH THE FACEGEN DIRECTORY!

6) Use 7zip to zip the updated mod back up'

7) Use NMM to install the mod.

8) If the moid includes an ESM, use SSEedit to remove the ESM flag, then rename the ESM to ESP.

9) Load the ESP into the Creation Kit and make a minor change in the ESP. Then undo the change and save it.

10) Rename the ESP back to ESM and set the ESM flag - if it was an ESM.

11) Fire up the game and see if the mod works.

12) If all is good, copy the ESM / ESP back to your mod folder.

13) Repack it and use NMM to delete his version and reinstall it

14) Move on to the next mod - you are done here..

Note on the ESM/ESP conversions: I locate an object with a name, like a piece of armor. You know if it is from your ESP because it is tagged with an asterisk.

TES5Edit can also show you valid names. I modify the comment by adding an "x", save the item, reopen the item, remove the "x" and save it again.

Save the ESP and close the CK.

Only difference is I use wyre bash to convert my ESM ill try SSEedit and see what happens.

56 minutes ago, Watchman35 said:

Only difference is I use wyre bash to convert my ESM ill try SSEedit and see what happens.

Sseedit lets you edit the ESM Record flag, and literally just set / rest the ESM bit. Nothing else changes. No idea on Bash.

You might need to rename .esm to .esp also. Just change it back when done.

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Posting this again:

I think is better to use NifScan first and see what nifs are not compatible with SE and use the conversion tool only for those mods.

Also another thing that must be check before converting an esp. If the esp has another esp files as master (an actual esp, not a esp file flagged as master like unofficial patch) then it is necesary to change the master esp with SSEEedit/Wyre Bash to flag it as master file and then the plugin can be loaded in CK. It is better to use a copy of the esp file to flag it as the master and not the real esp that you will use to play. To make CK save an esp without broken it the esp must not be flagged as master and ALL their master must be flagged as masters

For example i want to convert an esp patch C for compatibility between mod A and mod B.

First i need to change mod A and mod B to make them flagged as masters, then load with CK C without flag and A and B with master flag, if you save C with the CK it will work in game. This is only needed to convert, in the real load order to play A and B must not be masters if it were not masters in the fist place. I recomend to keep a copy of the mods flagged as masters to use it every time you convert one mod that depend on those mods, also if you have a copy that means the original file, the one used to play, is not the one that will be edited, that means you cant broke the master files

But if you open in CK A, B, C with all flagged as plugins...C will loose the reference to their masters and it wont work.

I always have automatic free camera enabled and it has been working great up until now. When a scene starts, I get the locked camera, and every time I push the hotkey for free camera, it just snaps back to the locked camera view.

So, with relation to the DDx, when you loaded the .esp converted version into CK do people also get some error about some branch not being found in the DDi? A bunch of errors pop up (but I never paid much attention to those since they all do). I'm trying to isolate where my issue is. I got the converted 64bit dll in DDi too so that shouldn't be causing my issue anymore.

Just to be sure, I didn't see any facegen in the meshes so I optimized the entire folder. Beyond that, I think the .esm is the only thing in DDx that needs attention. Just to reiterate, DDi and DDa both seem to be happy. I'm just confused that somehow my DDx isn't converting when others are managing it, more just a "for my future reference" thing at this point versus "I NEEDS IT!!!". Oddly, PoP seems to register DDx.