SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Just looking for a little insight.

After installing BETA9 in place of BETA8, I CTD after a few seconds. In every case, the last log line is:

[08/15/2021 - 09:16:31AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: 243 -> 183.

What is Sexlab doing here - and is there anything I can do to make it's job easier?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, glock88 said:

Having an issue where expressions play but mouth does not open for non-oral animations with Beta 9. Installed MFG fix and the most recent SLSO patch.

For me probably it's the same, I see expressions on the face, mouth also doing some little expressions, but not opening as it should I guess, no doubt it's my setup doing this, had same problem with Beta8 also.

2 hours ago, glock88 said:

Having an issue where expressions play but mouth does not open for non-oral animations with Beta 9. Installed MFG fix and the most recent SLSO patch.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

For me probably it's the same, I see expressions on the face, mouth also doing some little expressions, but not opening as it should I guess, no doubt it's my setup doing this, had same problem with Beta8 also.

Try Expressive Facial Animation - Female Edition see if that fixes it.

3 hours ago, glock88 said:

What you meant, the LipSync or the OpenMouth? Because the OpenMouth is just for the Animations that comes with the OpenMouth flag. At lease be called by some other Mod.

4 hours ago, fred200 said:

Just looking for a little insight.

After installing BETA9 in place of BETA8, I CTD after a few seconds. In every case, the last log line is:

[08/15/2021 - 09:16:31AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: 243 -> 183.

What is Sexlab doing here - and is there anything I can do to make it's job easier?

Thanks.

When the cleaning Actor storage happen at the same time that the update process usually cause CTD.

You have to wait for the end of the cleaning Actor storage before start with the update of the SexLab.

So open the Saved Game with the BETA 8 installed instead of the BETA 8,

then wait until the Cleaning Actor Storage be completed and save the game,

close all and try to update again.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

When the cleaning Actor storage happen at the same time that the update process usually cause CTD.

You have to wait for the end of the cleaning Actor storage before start with the update of the SexLab.

So open the Saved Game with the BETA 8 installed instead of the BETA 8,

then wait until the Cleaning Actor Storage be completed and save the game,

close all and try to update again.

Thank you so much!  That timing issue "feels" right.

I tried loading older saves, until I found one that does not CTD. From what you said - I should be GTG. Everything seems good.

I confirmed that the facial expressions not working are due to beta 9, as in beta 8 they work.

I solved the issue copying the files with ''expressions'' in their name from SKSE/Scripts of beta 8 into that of beta 9. Now expressions work once again.

Voice system is somewhere broken, characters start voicing only at last stages of animation and being completely silent at the begining. Used almost completely 'stock' mod setup for testing this.

UPD Seems like only mild voice set is affected, also sometimes voices are doubled, played twice within 0.5 second from each other despite delay being set to 3+ seconds.

Edited by BreadDain

People are so used to cannibalize the SexLab than don't care about do the update process on the right way. 

Mix the files of different versions is the worst idea, even if seems to work.

The only real issue that have the BETA 9 is about the Moaning and the Lips Sync and the fix for that is already on the GitHub waiting for conviene. The rest of the problems are just because the users are not following the install or update recommendations

None of the BETA 9 files can be replaced by another file. The only Mods that are being updated and are allowed to replace the BETA 9 files far as I know are the last SLU+ and the SLSO that is on the support thread of his SE version. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, OsmelMC said:

Not in this case because the PapyrusUtil included on this version of SexLab is a new version and isn't released yet. So the latest version is the one that comes with the SexLab BETA 9 and not the other.

In case of doubt y always check modifications date of the DLL files and use the Mod with the newest DLL.

That's going to be a slight problem then, as i also have PapyrusUtil installed and very low in my mod order, usually overwriting Beta 8 obviously, since the PapyrusUtil version was outdated in Beta 8. the thing is, there are many other mods who require PapyrusUtil to be low enough to not overwrite outdated version of it. I can't bring Sexlab down further in the mod order since way too many mods need it to be high enough to run. so there is a catch 22 here.

so what would be the suggested band-aid solution to this problem, (even if or when a new version of PapyrusUtil happens to be released) ---let Papyrus overwrite sexlab ? or remove it completely and use the one included in Sexlab beta 9 for all other mods requiring PapyrusUtil ?

26 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

That's going to be a slight problem then, as i also have PapyrusUtil installed and very low in my mod order, usually overwriting Beta 8 obviously, since the PapyrusUtil version was outdated in Beta 8. the thing is, there are many other mods who require PapyrusUtil to be low enough to not overwrite outdated version of it. I can't bring Sexlab down further in the mod order since way too many mods need it to be high enough to run. so there is a catch 22 here.

so what would be the suggested band-aid solution to this problem, (even if or when a new version of PapyrusUtil happens to be released) ---let Papyrus overwrite sexlab ? or remove it completely and use the one included in Sexlab beta 9 for all other mods requiring PapyrusUtil ?

The PapyrusUtil will be eventually released as separate mod but for now you can use the one of the SexLab or the one of the GitHub server and place it on the position where you have the previous PapyrusUtil.

But right now the only Mods that need to be placed after the SexLab on the mod list are the SLSO and the SLU+ so you can move the SexLab without issues. 

Remember that the Mod list and the Plugins list are two different things on the Plugins list the SexLab.ESM is always one of the first on the list because is a master Mod and that's usually what the Mod author's means when they said that the SexLab need to be loaded before.

The only Mods that need to be placed after the SexLab on the mod list are the Mods like SLSO or SLU+ that replace few of the SexLab scripts files. But almost all the Mod, Patch or Fix in this situation (except the new SLSO and SLU+) are not longer required and should be removed or placed before the SexLab to prevent problems.

4 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The PapyrusUtil will be eventually released as separate mod but for now you can use the one of the SexLab or the one of the GitHub server and place it on the position where you have the previous PapyrusUtil.

But right now the only Mods that need to be placed after the SexLab on the mod list are the SLSO and the SLU+ so you can move the SexLab without issues. 

Remember that the Mod list and the Plugins list are two different things on the Plugins list the SexLab.ESM is always one of the first on the list because is a master Mod and that's usually what the Mod author's means when they said that the SexLab need to be loaded before.

The only Mods that need to be placed after the SexLab on the mod list are the Mods like SLSO or SLU+ that replace few of the SexLab scripts files. But almost all the Mod, Patch or Fix in this situation (except the new SLSO and SLU+) are not longer required and should be removed or placed before the SexLab to prevent problems.

LOL sex mods aren't the only mods who use PapyrusUtil. it's why i have most things after Sexlab anyway. but i will try and grab the GitHub version of the standalone and use that one in place of the current Nexus version. could you provide me with a link to it please ?

5 hours ago, Izolenta said:

I have updated the Russian translation of the MCM menu for version 9. If it does not change in the future, you can add it to the release version. Or let me know, I'll update it again before release.   SexLab_RUSSIAN.txt

Thanks. It should be included in the next update.

WOAH!! A update it's been awhile thank you!

Beta 8 works super good :P least for everything ive tried to do!

Is there any place for any type of changelog for beta 9? "Alot of shit i can't remember" gave me a good laugh lol 

Still use skse version 2.0.17? link goes to 2.0.19.

2.0.19 causes my game to not launch reverting back to 2.0.17 instantly fixes it, not sure if its due to SL's .dll or another mods (think i got a couple that need 2.0.17)

Any issues with 9? I read a few pages something bout lip sync being off or something? Seems to be pretty accuracte in beta 8 with the default voices. it would be a bummer to loose that. 

Other then that cheers! Thank you for all you do the amount of entertainment hours are endless thanks to people like you ❤️