[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

On 6/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, JesusKreist said:

You do assume that "No answer" is the same thing as "Yes".

That is plain wrong.

Period.

It does not matter whether you rob someone, steal something or ask a simple question.

Wow, please relax, this is not always true. The author has chosen the GPL, so actually already has given his consent. This is more like asking for permission before entering a pub. As long as the conditions are fullfilled, like being old enough, you don't need someone telling you, yes you can enter. Here you can enter as long as noone tells you to stay out.

He just wants get in contact with the original author, even though the author already stated on github, everybody can make modfied versions of it. Nothing to get angry with him, even if he fails to get in contact with Regularitee, as everybody has already the okay.

https://github.com/Regularitee/MASSA/blob/master/LICENSE

4 minutes ago, Count_Zero said:

Wow, please relax, this is not always true. The author has chosen the GPL, so actually already has given his consent. This is more like asking for permission before entering a pub. As long as the conditions are fullfilled, like being old enough, you don't need someone telling you, yes you can enter. Here you can enter as long as noone tells you to stay out.

He just wants get in contact with the original author, even though the author already stated on github, everybody can make modfied versions of it. Nothing to get angry with him, even if he fails to get in contact with Regularitee, as everybody has already the okay.

https://github.com/Regularitee/MASSA/blob/master/LICENSE

When you already have a blanket permission but you ask to do something anyway you actually discard the blanket permission to get a specific one.

In your specific example if you ask the bouncer if you can enter the pub and he says no his word is the ruling. You cannot go back to use the blanket permission if the answer is not what you expect.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:29 AM, JesusKreist said:

"If he says yes or doesn't reply" ...

That's not how it works.

That's exactly how GPL works. Why create drama about Principles? Author clearly states he want others to mod the shit out of it.

Wolfie asking for permission is just a courtesy; nothing more. He don't have to.

First of all, Love the Mod. its made the game soo much more fun. But since last game update I haven't seemed to have any of the planet modifiers or anomaly events in any of my games. did something happen with 2.02 that messed this mod up? the actual random events are still going strong its just anything that effects planets or systems doesn't seem to be working for me

22 hours ago, NoGodsorKings19 said:

First of all, Love the Mod. its made the game soo much more fun. But since last game update I haven't seemed to have any of the planet modifiers or anomaly events in any of my games. did something happen with 2.02 that messed this mod up? the actual random events are still going strong its just anything that effects planets or systems doesn't seem to be working for me

Paradox completely rewrote how anomalies work in Distant Stars. Even if you don't have the expansion the base game now uses the new code.

47 minutes ago, DarkTeletubby said:

Paradox completely rewrote how anomalies work in Distant Stars. Even if you don't have the expansion the base game now uses the new code.

damn. well that explains that then, all there is to do now I guess is wait for this mod to get an update.

On 7/6/2018 at 5:31 AM, NoGodsorKings19 said:

damn. well that explains that then, all there is to do now I guess is wait for this mod to get an update.

StayStayStellaris has uploaded an updated 00_anomaly_categories.txt, bringing the mod up to the new anomalies logic. See his post here: 

Best regards

Kalderon

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I haven't had the time or energy to work on the mod. You (as in anyone who wishes to) have my blessing to make any version/submod/add-on/etc you like. Just remember to give credit when its proper. =P

I honestly don't know when I'll be able to resume work on MASSA, but going forward I'll try to make myself available to answer any questions anyone may have and to render some support to other mods in development.

5 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Unfortunately I haven't had the time or energy to work on the mod. You (as in anyone who wishes to) have my blessing to make any version/submod/add-on/etc you like. Just remember to give credit when its proper. =P

I honestly don't know when I'll be able to resume work on MASSA, but going forward I'll try to make myself available to answer any questions anyone may have and to render some support to other mods in development.

I'll probably be borrowing bits and pieces in the near future here as I'm working on a sort of mod pack atm. Not going to be making direct copies of anything if I can help it, but I'm going for a sort of modular compilation pack of things I've enjoyed from the current mods with my own adjustments and thematic twists to them. As well as a bit of synergy between features that doesn't fully exist currently where I can manage it.

Nothing.

It is more or less a placeholder showing that there will be some tentacle stuff coming in the future.

And by the way in case you wondered:

The last update of this mod was 17.2 in april.

Shortly after 17.3 got pushed onto the Github. But it has not made its way to LL. Likely because it was/is not ready.

The latest commit there is late april as well.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:45 PM, Raana said:

I'll probably be borrowing bits and pieces in the near future here as I'm working on a sort of mod pack atm. Not going to be making direct copies of anything if I can help it, but I'm going for a sort of modular compilation pack of things I've enjoyed from the current mods with my own adjustments and thematic twists to them. As well as a bit of synergy between features that doesn't fully exist currently where I can manage it.

honestly Raana i can't wait for your mod

8 hours ago, justhere2look said:

honestly Raana i can't wait for your mod

Not sure how soon it'll be ready since I'm still sifting through things and teaching myself how events work as I go, but right now my plan is to have a main 'Core' mod with currently five add-ons for: species portraits, species and leader traits with related events, government specifics (civics, policies, edicts, etc) with related events, general empire and anomaly events, and lastly some premade empires.

All interconnected, but separate enough for people to pick and choose what they actually want to use.

What's probably going to take the most time is the species portraits (since I've set up about two dozen types), and event pictures (which I'm actually making my own artwork for).

One advise from me would be to wait for the coding until you see what the next patch of stellaris will bring. They will most likely rework the population and trading system from the sneak peaks they revealed so far.

Otherwise i will wish you good luck in your endeavor to create your mod

PS: This video will give you an overview about the new stuff

34 minutes ago, Draonir said:

One advise from me would be to wait for the coding until you see what the next patch of stellaris will bring. They will most likely rework the population and trading system from the sneak peaks they revealed so far.

Otherwise i will wish you good luck in your endeavor to create your mod

PS: This video will give you an overview about the new stuff   

I'm going wait and see how that stuff is fleshed out before passing judgement on it, but right now I'm leaning towards being "not all that thrilled" with what I've seen. I rather like the current tiled planet system, and thanks to AI mods I have never experienced performance issues that didn't come from empires being at war.

Personally I'd rather they actually try to fix up and enhance the existing system (something modders have proven can be done) rather than completely gutting it and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Same for me, also not that thrilled so far...

With that change, Stellaris becomes more like Endless Space 1+2, or Master of Orion (the two originals)... and frankly, why should I play Stellaris, when MoO and ES are far superior (MoO has the better battle system and ship design options, ES the better empire management even after the proposed changes, as far as I can tell currently).

For us sex modders and sex mod users, all depends now on the actual modability of the new system, especially the Job system: If new jobs can be added, and also buildings the jobs require, with traits helping or hindering the performance of certain jobs, sex slaves and dairy cows, markets and brothels with appropriate visuals are still possible.

Well, I'll look forward to the upcoming dev diaries with the description of the new system... and abondon ship if Stellaris just becomes MoO light.

Best regards

Kalderon

31 minutes ago, Kalderon said:

Same for me, also not that thrilled so far...

With that change, Stellaris becomes more like Endless Space 1+2, or Master of Orion (the two originals)... and frankly, why should I play Stellaris, when MoO and ES are far superior (MoO has the better battle system and ship design options, ES the better empire management even after the proposed changes, as far as I can tell currently).

For us sex modders and sex mod users, all depends now on the actual modability of the new system, especially the Job system: If new jobs can be added, and also buildings the jobs require, with traits helping or hindering the performance of certain jobs, sex slaves and dairy cows, markets and brothels with appropriate visuals are still possible.

Well, I'll look forward to the upcoming dev diaries with the description of the new system... and abondon ship if Stellaris just becomes MoO light.

Best regards

Kalderon

All we can do right now to stellaris is implementing lewd pictures, adding lewd traits and writing lewd events.

The new system implements jobs and knowing paradox it will be possible to mod/add jobs. That means after the patch (not necessarily hours) we can find mods that add whores, sex/bdsm slaves, pimps, ...

I played MoO, MoO 2 and wargamings rebooted MoO. I see no "danger" of stellaris being mashed into MoO light.

As said in Sexual gameplay mod thread, I think it will be the best of 2 world if they keep the current tile building system (adjacency bonus, must build next to xxx, etc.), but move the population into the new job system (you no longer have to physically put a pop in the building menu).

1 hour ago, Kalderon said:

Well, after some more digging in the twitter teasers, I found this interesting pic: https://t.co/FjPbeUZfhL

Notice the cutoff tab at the bottom of the pic, looks like its named "Slave Market"...

The new changes suddenly became a lot more interesting...

Best regards

Kalderon

Suddenly?

That teaser is two weeks old ...

ASpec has two videos where he goes into details and speculations about the upcoming patch.

56 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Suddenly?

That teaser is two weeks old ...

ASpec has two videos where he goes into details and speculations about the upcoming patch.

Suddenly for me, not the world. Draonirs post was the first info I got about the upcoming changes, 'cause I don't follow on Twitter unless searching for something specific, and the Stellaris Dev Diaries (the only source of news I follow regarding Stellaris) are currently on hold 'til August.

Thanks for the video links. I'll check them out and bring myself up to speed...

Best regards

Kalderon

Greetings, comrades!

I´d like to ask how the massa event triggering works. As I see it there is such an formula "@tier1materialreward = 6 @tier1materialmin = 100 @tier1materialmax = 500" as well as which ethic, how much time and so on, but my primary reson is the max and min value. My question is, is the event triggering bound to my resources, influence and so on or not and if yes, then how does it work for anomalies does the trigger only work while getting 100% of the anomaly surveyed or in the same moment as I found the anomaly?

With best regards,

cmacDr