jBS2BG - BodySlide to BodyGen Converter/Generator

Didn't feel right to post my problem in two threads, but maybe you can help me out too.

Basically, I used your fantastic tool to create bodygen inis (and it works!) but it seems as though the bodygen data is saved on npc outfits and not on their base bodies. I used the manipulator mod and the uunp morphs aren't saved on the npc's body while naked. I can fiddle with the sliders to change the body without them being clothed and it persists while putting and taking off the clothes.

Am I missing a specific setting in the nio.ini or something?

2 hours ago, KuroSoraNeko said:

Basically, I used your fantastic tool to create bodygen inis (and it works!) but it seems as though the bodygen data is saved on npc outfits and not on their base bodies.

Morph data are neither saved with the body or outfits. It is saved with the NPC itself.

BodyGen morphs will apply to both naked and clothed, assuming the meshes have their .tri files.

2 hours ago, KuroSoraNeko said:

I used the manipulator mod and the uunp morphs aren't saved on the npc's body while naked. I can fiddle with the sliders to change the body without them being clothed and it persists while putting and taking off the clothes.

I'm not exactly sure how The Manipulator morphs or affects an already morphed NPC.

What persists? I don't quite get it. What exactly is the problem?

Perhaps provide some screens showing the problem.

Edit: I've read your other posts, looks like it's a problem with your naked body mesh. You sure you built it right?

Having both .nifs and .tri in the same folder isn't all that actually.

Using NifSkope, check if the path of the .tri is correct inside both .nifs.

niftri.png

I attached 3 screen shots I made just in case. I checked and my my body nifs point towards the tri files just like that.

Basically problem is when clothes are off, zeroed slider body appears.

I can use manipulator to manually change the sliders so that the body stays the same, both clothed and unclothed.

bodygen1.jpg

bodygen2.jpg

bodygen3.jpg

path.JPG

5 hours ago, KuroSoraNeko said:

Basically problem is when clothes are off, zeroed slider body appears.

I can use manipulator to manually change the sliders so that the body stays the same, both clothed and unclothed.

Well, that's certainly odd... The body should morph with any outfits.

Have you tried it without The Manipulator? Could be clashing functionalities, otherwise I'm not sure what's up.

13 hours ago, asdasfa said:

Well, that's certainly odd... The body should morph with any outfits.

Have you tried it without The Manipulator? Could be clashing functionalities, otherwise I'm not sure what's up.

I can't imagine what would clash with it. Maybe the weapon style cloak from XPMSE? I also 'tried' without The Manipulator as I noticed it when sexlab would un-equip the clothing and armors.

I also tried the nio cleaner, yet it seemed like nothing was really cleaned. That body on Adrianne is the same body before and after I used the cleaner. I have changed cells as well and advanced time.

5 hours ago, KuroSoraNeko said:

I also tried the nio cleaner, yet it seemed like nothing was really cleaned. That body on Adrianne is the same body before and after I used the cleaner. I have changed cells as well and advanced time.

The cleaner should clear the .skse co-save file where all NiO related data are stored.

You use the cleaner to allow you to apply a different morph to an NPC, because once BodyGen has morphed an NPC you encountered in-game, those morphs are baked into the .skse file, restricting you from reapplying another BodyGen template to it until you clear it.

Since you said your outfits seem to morph fine, while your naked body doesn't, this definitely seems to be a naked body mesh problem.

If it is anything other than that, both clothed and naked wouldn't even work.

4 hours ago, asdasfa said:

The cleaner should clear the .skse co-save file where all NiO related data are stored.

You use the cleaner to allow you to apply a different morph to an NPC, because once BodyGen has morphed an NPC you encountered in-game, those morphs are baked into the .skse file, restricting you from reapplying another BodyGen template to it until you clear it.

Since you said your outfits seem to morph fine, while your naked body doesn't, this definitely seems to be a naked body mesh problem.

If it is anything other than that, both clothed and naked wouldn't even work.

I was able to get it to work now. I did a whole bunch of things that I have no clue what fixed it.

I just scrapped everything and started from scratch, built all the nifs and tris like twice, cut down the amount of presets to 5 using your tool (I don't mind as long as it works!), used the XPMSE.esp instead of Alternative Start (since it is always highest priority in both sections in MO), and started a completely new game.

I appreciate the tool and the help you gave; I may test using more presets later.

I gave the new version a try. I'll probably use this one now. 

Had no idea about the script, but I did find the file. 

You, sir, are awesome. I did a quick mess around with it. I ran it in my renamed TES5Edit "FO4Edit". The only issue is it won't output the .txt file...says can't write it as it's trying to place it in system32. BUT...that's really not much of an issue as you can just copy and paste from the window into a text file you make.

I didn't edit anything.

So...this script means we can just create a file of NPCs from our whole mod list O_O

I didn't read much on the download page as I'd used the previous version so missed the bit about the script. This is awesome.

Now I just need to look and see if there's a way to reset the body shape. On skyrim you could just spawn a new version of the NPC and it's re-randomize. I'm still messing around with FO4 to see how it's all handled. Been downloading various Presets to have additional options for randomization.

2 hours ago, Naynay said:

Does the "All|Female" custom target morphs every female children also or does it exclude them?

I think it does, not sure, assuming their meshes are morphable, which is rarely the case.

I don't think there's an exclusion filter as far as I know.

Children uses separate races (NordRaceChild, BretonRaceChild...), so maybe you can try using races instead, "All|Female|NordRace", "All|Female|BretonRace"...

1 hour ago, Eireamhoin said:

Had no idea about the script, but I did find the file. 

You, sir, are awesome. I did a quick mess around with it. I ran it in my renamed TES5Edit "FO4Edit". The only issue is it won't output the .txt file...says can't write it as it's trying to place it in system32. BUT...that's really not much of an issue as you can just copy and paste from the window into a text file you make.

I didn't edit anything.

There's an actual FO4Edit for FO4: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/, you should use that instead of renaming TES5Edit.

The .txt file should usually go inside your Edit installation folder, in my case TES5Edit is in my Skyrim folder, so the .txt file is created there. Don't know why it's trying to put it in your system32 folder...

1 hour ago, Eireamhoin said:

Now I just need to look and see if there's a way to reset the body shape. On skyrim you could just spawn a new version of the NPC and it's re-randomize. I'm still messing around with FO4 to see how it's all handled. Been downloading various Presets to have additional options for randomization.

Don't spawn a new NPC duplicate, for Skyrim, use NetImmerse Override Cleaner instead. It will clear all morphs in your save.

For FO4, I'm not sure how a morph is reset. Maybe it can be done with a script mod, but not that I know of.

Does FO4 have a co-save file, just like .skse in Skyrim? If it does, maybe you can just delete it, if it doesn't, I dunno, look around the FO4 or LookMenu forums maybe.

11 hours ago, asdasfa said:

Don't spawn a new NPC duplicate, for Skyrim, use NetImmerse Override Cleaner instead. It will clear all morphs in your save.

For FO4, I'm not sure how a morph is reset. Maybe it can be done with a script mod, but not that I know of.

Does FO4 have a co-save file, just like .skse in Skyrim? If it does, maybe you can just delete it, if it doesn't, I dunno, look around the FO4 or LookMenu forums maybe.

Just read about the cleaner, so I'll see how that works. i was kinda wondering if there was something similar for FO4, but I'll look in the files and such as well.

Thanks for the help and the great app!

There does seem to be an accompanying .f4se file with the regular saves for FO4. Could always rename one, load it up, and see what happens.

Does look like nuking that file works. I renamed it and loaded up the associated save. My companions had none of their scaling nor did any NPCs around me. All "zeroed" bodies.

Walk outside and now they have their scaling. I'd also read that you can also just load up looksmenu for an NPC and adjust sliders, not tried that. Think I also know a method of possibly reapplying it via looksmenu presets as well.

What all does a co-save contain? Just your skse/f4se settings?

4 minutes ago, Eireamhoin said:

What all does a co-save contain? Just your skse/f4se settings?

Mostly NiOverride data. Actually that's the only thing I know that puts stuff into the co-save. Still be careful though, if your Player character have NiO data applied to it, you'll lose that too. Although the cleaner can exclude the PC from being cleared.

10 minutes ago, asdasfa said:

Mostly NiOverride data. Actually that's the only thing I know that puts stuff into the co-save. Still be careful though, if your Player character have NiO data applied to it, you'll lose that too. Although the cleaner can exclude the PC from being cleared.

Good to know. I was mainly wondering for renaming/deletion of file but sounds like there's work arounds.

How can I change your TES5edit Export NPC List script where it doesn't add every plugin name to it's filename after creating it? Adding all my plugins always causes the script to fail since the file name ends up being too long I think.

Edit: nevermind, I just create with 8-10 plugins at a time; it takes some time but works. 

I have another question now though how do I know outside the game which children meshes or other npcs meshes are morphable?

3 hours ago, Naynay said:

I have another question now though how do I know outside the game which children meshes or other npcs meshes are morphable?

By their body mesh files, the ones you build with BodySlide with Morphs enabled(*.nif and *.tri). As long as they use a body mesh with morphs, then they can be morphed.

1 hour ago, Naynay said:

Okay, probably my last question now. If I use custom targets like "All|Female|BretonRace" and "All|Female|NordRace" along with "All|Female" will all morphs from All|Female get transferred to the other custom targets as well?

"All|Female|Race" will be picked over "All|Female".

Put it simply, more specific targets will be prioritized: "Master.esm|XXXXXX" > "All|Female|Race" > "All|Female".

• 2 weeks later...

Updated

v1.1.0:

Changed calculation for inverted sliders, should result in a more accurate conversion for both CBBE and UUNP. A new base body is required.
BodyTypes of Skyrim JSON conversion support.
Separate UUNP settings file, tick UUNP checkbox to mark a preset as a UUNP preset. This means you can have both CBBE and UUNP morphs in-game.
Enable/Disable sliders from "Edit SetSliders".
Selective Fill Empty.
Defaults are now applied dynamically instead of baking it into the imported preset on import. Presets needs to be re-imported to be covered by this.
File Chooser preferences are now separated by jar location.
File Chooser title bar name for saving fixed.
Moved the Templates and Morphs generation to a separate thread to prevent unresponsiveness when processing large quantities of entries.
Clear generated templates and morphs text area every time a change occurs.
"Edit SetSliders" buttons' text colors makes more sense.

As of v1.1.0, inverted sliders are calculated differently, so instead of zeroing all sliders, a new neutral preset is required for building the base body, armors and clothing.

Use the following presets for building your base bodies and outfits.

CBBE-Zeroed CBBE-.xml

UUNP-Zeroed UUNP-.xml (This is already included in the UnifiedUNPPresets.xml in BodySlide, but just in case...)

(Remember to check the UUNP checkbox in jBS2BG if the imported XML preset is for UUNP)

Clams of Skyrim: Zeroed Clams of Skyrim + Settings.7z

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if its on my end, recently updated to the latest java and suddenly this tool doesnt seem to be able to startup anymore. Had worked previously. could you check if its something on my end by updating your java to the latest version?

Fixed, problem on my end

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2018 at 7:11 AM, luffyboy said:

not sure if its on my end, recently updated to the latest java and suddenly this tool doesnt seem to be able to startup anymore. Had worked previously. could you check if its something on my end by updating your java to the latest version?

Fixed, problem on my end

Can you tell what needed to be fixed? It's not working on my computer. BTW it's on Windows 10 with JRE 8 installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to share a hard won bit of knowledge, I've been dinking with this for a couple days until an epiphany dawned... Your skse_nioverride.log is invaluable when trouble shooting this. If you see anything about invalid IDs in there, you need to get those resolved or the morphs won't be applied.  And if you see your preset name with the last character missing, then you need a carriage return after the last line in the morphs.ini. Same thing seems to apply to templates.ini if you see the log complaining about not find your settings.\

Hope this helps someone.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finding an error in my skee64.log like this:

BodyMorphInterface::ReadBodyMorphTemplates - Error - Line (4) could not parse morphs from Meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp\templates.ini. (Must have value pair with @)

I attached my log file and my templates.ini and morphs.ini here. Is this saying that the syntax that the tool gave me is incorrect? Any help would be most appreciated.

skee64.log

morphs.ini

templates.ini

14 hours ago, perrisloquis said:

Thank you for doing this!   What happens if you don't use a body with zero sliders?

You'll most likely get visually different morphs than the ones in the preset.

4 hours ago, jdods13 said:

I'm finding an error in my skee64.log like this:

BodyMorphInterface::ReadBodyMorphTemplates - Error - Line (4) could not parse morphs from Meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp\templates.ini. (Must have value pair with @)

I attached my log file and my templates.ini and morphs.ini here. Is this saying that the syntax that the tool gave me is incorrect? Any help would be most appreciated.

Huh, I can't seem to find anything peculiar in the files. This only happens in RaceMenu SE, I assume?

What happens in the game? Does it work or not or does it just crashes?

I'm not sure what's causing this. Try renaming the presets to have simpler names, shorter, no spaces, no numbers, maybe?