jBS2BG - BodySlide to BodyGen Converter/Generator

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been using this in LE, SE and FO4 for some time, thank you for this awesome tool! I was wondering if it is possible to exclude certain NPCs from having Bodygen data applied to them, so I just keep tweaking their body presets in their own bodyslide templates, as an example, the Bijin series NPCs where I can add a unique body mesh for each character?

Another thing I was wondering about, will CBBE presets apply correctly to 3BBB meshes? Thanks!

22 hours ago, OptionalLemon said:

So I've been using this in LE, SE and FO4 for some time, thank you for this awesome tool! I was wondering if it is possible to exclude certain NPCs from having Bodygen data applied to them, so I just keep tweaking their body presets in their own bodyslide templates, as an example, the Bijin series NPCs where I can add a unique body mesh for each character?

Another thing I was wondering about, will CBBE presets apply correctly to 3BBB meshes? Thanks!

You can build their body meshes without morphs enabled.

Or you can try not assigning any template on a morph: (I don't know if this works for LE, but it should for SE and FO4)

Skyrim.esm|00000007=

It would probably work for 3BBB. Try previewing the presets on BodySlide using 3BBB body.

19 hours ago, OptionalLemon said:

Great, thank you for your lightning fast reply! That gives me something to go on. The 3BBB previews always look fine in Bodyslide using CBBE presets, I just wasn't sure if  extra nodes 3BBB has over CBBE would be missing some data in-game. Time to go experiment...

Yeah. And just in case, here's an experimental MCM plugin I've written for SE for resetting NPC morphs:

GDrive link,

since we still don't have a way of purging morphs in SE.

It's experimental, so tell me some issues you might encounter.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:09 PM, Z@rkn3ss said:

The most disadvantage in SSE are the NetImmerse Override Cleaner not support yet (did someone working on this???), without it, you can't apply the morph in exist save and you can't do anything when something goes wrong or want replace new body morph, the only way is making a new game or use another preset and throw away npcs morph.

Experimental MCM plugin for resetting NPC morphs.

4 hours ago, asdasfa said:

Yeah. And just in case, here's an experimental MCM plugin I've written for SE for resetting NPC morphs:

GDrive link,

since we still don't have a way of purging morphs in SE.

It's experimental, so tell me some issues you might encounter.

Nice, I was just seeing if there was a way to reset it via racemenu functions. I probably won't be able to give you any feedback for a while though, I'm still knee deep in setting up a massive mods list though.

Hey asdasfa,

So, of course I couldn't resist trying your NiO Helper out and in my testing scenario it is working perfectly. For your reference, here's what I tried:

• Two separate sets of morphs.ini and template.ini (NPCs only).

• Started in a testing cell straight from the main menu  (cow CWSiegeTestWorld 0,-4))

• Entered 'showracemenu' in console (not sure if that is necessary to get morphs initialized?)

• Spawned all NPCs that are altered by the Bijin NPCs mod into a testing cell

• Saved and Exited to swap templates and morphs

• Reloaded save, first testing ClearMorphs on single NPCs, then for Cell NPCs.

I tried this several times, first with Bodies and Armors using only CBBE and then with CBBE built Armors and 3BBB Nude Bodies.

Everything worked simply perfectly. I didn't try any of the other options in your MCM yet, I suppose they apply to the Player Character?

Do you plan on releasing this publicly any time soon?

Anyway, super useful mod you've made here, if there's anything else I can test out, let me know.

I don't think showracemenu is necessary.

They apply to anyone. Anyway, those are just NiOverride function calls I've included that I don't really have any use case for, but perhaps can have a use for other mods.

I'll probably make it public once I'm done with the jBS2BG update.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:58 AM, OptionalLemon said:

Hey asdasfa,

So, of course I couldn't resist trying your NiO Helper out and in my testing scenario it is working perfectly. For your reference, here's what I tried:

• Two separate sets of morphs.ini and template.ini (NPCs only).

• Started in a testing cell straight from the main menu  (cow CWSiegeTestWorld 0,-4))

• Entered 'showracemenu' in console (not sure if that is necessary to get morphs initialized?)

• Spawned all NPCs that are altered by the Bijin NPCs mod into a testing cell

• Saved and Exited to swap templates and morphs

• Reloaded save, first testing ClearMorphs on single NPCs, then for Cell NPCs.

I tried this several times, first with Bodies and Armors using only CBBE and then with CBBE built Armors and 3BBB Nude Bodies.

Everything worked simply perfectly. I didn't try any of the other options in your MCM yet, I suppose they apply to the Player Character?

Do you plan on releasing this publicly any time soon?

Anyway, super useful mod you've made here, if there's anything else I can test out, let me know.

Experimental NiOverride Helper v3

GDrive link.

- Added "Get Morphs" function for listing morphs in the console.
- Added "Reset Inventory" toggle.
- Inventory swap still occurs on cell NPCs reset sometimes, so I've added some handling for this case.
And in the case you might still encounter this, you can just enable "Reset Inventory" and just reset the affected NPCs (using ClearMorphs).
- Increased alias array capacity.
- Tweaked re-equipping.
- Tweaked timings.

Tried out the inventory function on and off, cell and single NPC's. Also tested alongside an NPC Outfit manager:

(https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28736)

Using all the options for outfitting an NPC it always changed back correctly. I tested the Cell NPC Morphs reset (plus inventory reset option) on approx, 65 NPCs and after a coffee, I came back to find it had finished successfully.

I'm surprised this tool is not used more! (I don't like my elfs thicc and I don't want my nords and orcs slim XD ) so finding the  bodygen functionality is a godsend. and to find a tool that help with that. BETTER!

btw a quick noob question (since I just started using this) is it normal that the more voluptuous (bigger breasts, butts etc) side of the morph is with low weight, and the slimmer on high weight? or did I just messed something on the installation lol

ie: any normal preset would make the slimmer on less weight and more thicc on high weight, but on my bodygen these are inverted, slimmer on 100 weight thicc on 0 lol

just asking to know if I should flip values on all my presets. or to fix my error lol

thanks in advance and keep up the good work (n_n)b

16 hours ago, elfdrow said:

ie: any normal preset would make the slimmer on less weight and more thicc on high weight, but on my bodygen these are inverted, slimmer on 100 weight thicc on 0 lol

That's not how you normally make a preset but if that's how you want to do it, then it's still valid. The values will still be read accordingly.

Just use "Edit SetSliders" to set the target weight of the preset.

53 minutes ago, asdasfa said:

That's not how you normally make a preset but if that's how you want to do it, then it's still valid. The values will still be read accordingly.

Just use "Edit SetSliders" to set the target weight of the preset.

ok now I'm confused. so the bodygen would still make weight 100 more thicc right?

if so. then I messed up somewhere on the installation lol

or the bodygen only applies 1 weight?

is it random weight based on a range?

(O_o)> *scratches head*

lol anyway thanks XD

4 hours ago, elfdrow said:

ok now I'm confused. so the bodygen would still make weight 100 more thicc right?

if so. then I messed up somewhere on the installation lol

or the bodygen only applies 1 weight?

is it random weight based on a range?

(O_o)> *scratches head*

lol anyway thanks XD

BodyGen doesn't have weight. It'll apply exactly what's in templates.ini.

The random range (denoted by a colon), is optional.

32 minutes ago, asdasfa said:

BodyGen doesn't have weight. It'll apply exactly what's in templates.ini.

The random range (denoted by a colon), is optional.

oh you meant that.

what I meant is that an npc still retains their weight. bogygen applies the body form but the individual weight is still applied by by the creation engine when it's loaded (I think... that is  still trying to figure it out lol)

I  just started to use the setnpcweight in the console to test the range on orcs/etc and noticed that weight 0 were chubby, and weight 100 were slim. that was what I meant. even if I restricted the range with your tool (that is a Godsend btw lol ) I wanted to understand what I needed to make to keep slim or thicc bodies on different presets.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, OptionalLemon said:

Great, thank you for your lightning fast reply! That gives me something to go on. The 3BBB previews always look fine in Bodyslide using CBBE presets, I just wasn't sure if  extra nodes 3BBB has over CBBE would be missing some data in-game. Time to go experiment...

There is actually a jBS2BG settings file specifically for 3bbb in the optional files of the bodies of skyrim mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21029?tab=files

Author states that it includes necessary changes for the extra sliders included in 3BBB body.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, zergface said:

Hello friend, so far this worked perfectly using Vortex, but i moved on to MO2, but ive been having so much trouble getting it to work. Any idea how or what steps i need to take in order to make this work using MO2? 

Thank you in advance

What would the difference be in doing a Bodygen setup in Vortex vs MO2 (I don't know Vortex very well)? If you could be a bit more specific, it'd be easier to help you.

This thread has good info:

And the 'Adult channel' in Lexy's LOTD modding guide Discord has a great setup including Read me's pinned by a user (called MCSmarties I think) that you could use as a template if you like.

You can find the link to the Discord on this webpage: https://lexyslotd.com/

31 minutes ago, OptionalLemon said:

What would the difference be in doing a Bodygen setup in Vortex vs MO2 (I don't know Vortex very well)? If you could be a bit more specific, it'd be easier to help you.

This thread has good info:

And the 'Adult channel' in Lexy's LOTD modding guide Discord has a great setup including Read me's pinned by a user (called MCSmarties I think) that you could use as a template if you like.

You can find the link to the Discord on this webpage: https://lexyslotd.com/

What i meant is that when i used vortex all i did was drop the bodygen folder and create and update.esm and the bodygen worked (literally just followed the instructions), now with mo2 i have no idea where to drop the folder, already tried creating a mod, dropping them inside the racemenu mod fold, inside the game directory and nothing works its like if mo2 is not reading the inis so all characters got that ugly zeroed slider body...technically i have no idea how to install this with mo2 and make it work...i tried what the other guy a few pages ago did and worked for him but not for me

8 minutes ago, zergface said:

What i meant is that when i used vortex all i did was drop the bodygen folder and create and update.esm and the bodygen worked (literally just followed the instructions), now with mo2 i have no idea where to drop the folder, already tried creating a mod, dropping them inside the racemenu mod fold, inside the game directory and nothing works its like if mo2 is not reading the inis so all characters got that ugly zeroed slider body...technically i have no idea how to install this with mo2 and make it work...i tried what the other guy a few pages ago did and worked for him but not for me

You can right click in the left panel of MO2, under "All mods" select "create empty mod" and give it any name you want. Let's say you call it "BodyGenMod". This Folder needs the following subfolder structure: BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\

Pick one of the last esp names in your load order (right side Panel in MO2) to use as a Folder name to host your morphs.ini and templates.ini. So if the last mod would be called ZZZ.esp for example, you would place your ini's into : BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ZZZ.esp

23 minutes ago, OptionalLemon said:

You can right click in the left panel of MO2, under "All mods" select "create empty mod" and give it any name you want. Let's say you call it "BodyGenMod". This Folder needs the following subfolder structure: BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\

Pick one of the last esp names in your load order (right side Panel in MO2) to use as a Folder name to host your morphs.ini and templates.ini. So if the last mod would be called ZZZ.esp for example, you would place your ini's into : BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ZZZ.esp

The subfilder doesnt need to start with data/meshes/actors/character/bodygendata/zzzz.esp? Is zzzz.esp the name of the mod created with mo2? Cuz mo2 will create an esp with this new mods name

1 hour ago, zergface said:

The subfilder doesnt need to start with data/meshes/actors/character/bodygendata/zzzz.esp? Is zzzz.esp the name of the mod created with mo2? Cuz mo2 will create an esp with this new mods name

MO2 doesn't make an esp for you, as you are creating an empty mod after all. It's nothing other than an empty Folder. The subfolder structure is necessary, as MO2 needs a file path for its virtual file structure. It doesn't write mods into your Skyrim\Data folder like Nexus Mod Manager did and I think Vortex does too? I have it set up and running this way (always have done it this way) using MO1/2 for Fallout and Skyrim.

ZZZ.esp is just an example name (I just used that in the example because that happens to be the last mod in my own loadorder.) In your loadorder that could be any other mod (maybe a "bashed patch, 0.esp" or something...). So your Folder structure then would then look like this: BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ bashed patch, 0.esp containing morphs.ini and templates.ini.