jBS2BG - BodySlide to BodyGen Converter/Generator

17 minutes ago, OptionalLemon said:

MO2 doesn't make an esp for you, as you are creating an empty mod after all. It's nothing other than an empty Folder. The subfolder structure is necessary, as MO2 needs a file path for its virtual file structure. It doesn't write mods into your Skyrim\Data folder like Nexus Mod Manager did and I think Vortex does too? I have it set up and running this way (always have done it this way) using MO1/2 for Fallout and Skyrim.

ZZZ.esp is just an example name (I just used that in the example because that happens to be the last mod in my own loadorder.) In your loadorder that could be any other mod (maybe a "bashed patch, 0.esp" or something...). So your Folder structure then would then look like this: BodyGenMod\meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\ bashed patch, 0.esp containing morphs.ini and templates.ini.

Ok asa i get home ill try this ty for the info hopefully it will work now.

6 hours ago, OptionalLemon said:

Hope it works out. If you get stuck, maybe do give that link I sent you to "Unofficial Bodygen - docs" a quick read. It's explained very well there.

OK i got the problem fixed, it seem the skeleton xp has some inis with the same name morph and templates, seems they overwrite the other ones, by replacing them with ones from the jbs2bg it fixed, i really thank you for the patience and the help you proved. Hugs! 

• 6 months later...

What's the target for the player character? so far i've tried "Skyrim.esm|00014", "Skyrim.esm|00007", "Skyrim.esm|00000007" and  "Skyrim.esm|14"  and they haven't worked

my morph.ini:

All|Female=Athletic|BottomHeavy|cow|curvy|Hour Glass|Medium|Top Heavy|veryskinny
All|Female|OrcRace=Snusnu|SnusnuFlat
Skyrim.esm|00000014=Athletic

(i change the "00000014")

it works fine for the npc's i just want my PC to use a different body.

20210302020510_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, jewboy6969 said:

What's the target for the player character? so far i've tried "Skyrim.esm|00014", "Skyrim.esm|00007", "Skyrim.esm|00000007" and  "Skyrim.esm|14"  and they haven't worked

my morph.ini:

All|Female=Athletic|BottomHeavy|cow|curvy|Hour Glass|Medium|Top Heavy|veryskinny
All|Female|OrcRace=Snusnu|SnusnuFlat
Skyrim.esm|00000014=Athletic

(i change the "00000014")

it works fine for the npc's i just want my PC to use a different body.

20210302020510_1.jpg

|Necro Reply|
You have the right idea for the code, but you only need to put 14, or 7. (Pretty sure it's 14, but I realize I have both written in, on both FO4 and Skyrim files. Redundancy?)

You need to build your nude body, and all outfits using "zeroed sliders", and make sure you have build morphs checked.

Also, if you added bodygen files to your game AFTER having already generated a body, and played with x preset, bodygen may not morph your character....I think if you rebuild as zeroed, and then use re-saver to clean your save, you may be able to get bodygen to morph your PC....Don't @ me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure it bakes into the save if you didn't have Bodygen files for your PC prior to starting a new game...

Also, Suuuper Necro question here....
How would I get this amazing tool to work with Fusion Girl? Would love to get a settings json for that body, but I have -100 Coding skill, so I'm shootin in the dark here, and hoping someone has a solution. (The out of box, and available for DL bodygen kits are NOT my taste. I need meat!)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[HYPER MEGA ULTRA NECRO MOMENT]

I've just found out about jBS2BG and I already have set up mine 415 mod/250 plugin MO2 setup and all that's left is either converting body and every other BodySlide conversions I have using one preset or using jBS2BG and the BodyGen feature to have a variety which is the most preferable option.

I use [COCO]UUNP_Vagina_02 body and will use the attached -Zeroed UUNP- preset from the first page on this topic.
So I am going to build everything including body, armor conversions and some other misc UUNP stuff I have around this preset first and then I'm planning to do something like this;

Create two presets per all vanilla races and all custom races I have on my modlist to simulate the weight variety, something like NordA and NordB where A has sliders with lower values and B has sliders with higher values hol up, I don't need to, I can just use Edit SetSliders button in jBS2BG to set the min/max % values, so one preset per race now.

So the big question is, and I may be dumb, but I will read this topic and the other BodyGen topic few more times to make myself undumb a bit more. The thing I am thinking about is when I'll be creating my morphs, and I plan to simply create something like this;

All|Female|ArgonianRace|=ArgonianSlider    \      Also is using All|Female|XxxRace=XxxSlider few times in a row ok?
All|Female|BretonRace|=BretonSlider             =>Turns out it isn't, instead it should be (All| used before maybe?Female|XxxRace|=XxxSlider
All|Female|XxxRace|=XxxSlider                       /      

Spoiler

XxxRace, where Xxx is the name of the race, for example ArgonianRace
XxxSlider is the whatever name of the .xml file with your sliders you've saved from BodySlide

And like that until I'll include every race (alphabetically) I have in vanilla + mods combined. The big question is, do I need to also add All|Female|xxxRaceVampire| or can it just be All|Female|xxxRace| and said race Vampire counterpart will still use the BodyGen morphs that was set up for that race be it Vampire or not?

Also I understand that by using All|Female|xxxRace| I will be assigning the morphs to every female from that race, but if I have some mods like Bijin NPC's/Warmaidens/Wifes or Seranaholic and Valerica, or just any other mod that overhauls the NPCs that use vanilla race, or adds custom followers who use vanilla race then I will just need to add the following line to the morphs.ini file (if I want to exclude let's say one NPC from the Bijin Warmaidens mod, so she won't have her morphs changed) "Skyrim.esm|Mjoll=" or "Skyrim.esm|1336B=" don't know which one is correct EditorID or FormID, or maybe both. So in the end I will just need to repeat it for every NPC touched by mentioned mods and then I should be gucci I think.

I don't think I have anymore to add or ask, just did a little Necromancy here and if someone responds I'll be thankful, actually I am thanking @shoka for the original and @asdasfa for the rewrite of that nice tool. Also by writing all that I think I've learned a bit more how to use the tool and about BodyGen in general.

After careful reconsideration I came to conclusion that BodyGen race filters are either black magic of quantum physics.

Edited by MrZet
On 11/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, MrZet said:

All|Female|ArgonianRace|=ArgonianSlider    \      Also is using All|Female|XxxRace=XxxSlider few times in a row ok?
All|Female|BretonRace|=BretonSlider             =>Turns out it isn't, instead it should be (All| used before maybe?Female|XxxRace|=XxxSlider
All|Female|XxxRace|=XxxSlider                       /      

Are you putting | at the end of the filter? ( All|Female|XxxRace| )

I'm not sure if that's valid, but if it works, I guess it's just ignored by BG. If you are, don't do that though, just for proper practice.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, MrZet said:

"Skyrim.esm|Mjoll=" or "Skyrim.esm|1336B=" don't know which one is correct EditorID or FormID, or maybe both.

It's FormID, I don't think EDID will work, unless RaceMenu was updated to support that, which I don't think I've heard anything about.

This tool is really due for an update. Lots of new stuff came out recently that I have some ideas to incorporate with.

Like with SPID and CBPC, I might be able to associate certain body types with certain bounce configurations.

Maybe even assign skins or textures to each, like regular, muscular, skinny, etc...

1. You must also add:

All|Female|BretonRaceVampire=XYZ

Vampire is a different race, so you have to add a line.

2. You can combine "race" and "specific actor" lines.

Like:

All|Female|BretonRace=FRandom

skyrim.esm|00000007=None

Note: 00000007 is a Player. PC uses "None" template. "None" is a template, not some special command.

I don't know if order is important, but it works for me like that.

3 hours ago, asdasfa said:

This tool is really due for an update. Lots of new stuff came out recently that I have some ideas to incorporate with.

Like with SPID and CBPC, I might be able to associate certain body types with certain bounce configurations.

Maybe even assign skins or textures to each, like regular, muscular, skinny, etc...

Yeah, I just went and gave up using BodyGen for now.
I'll maybe use some features like that in the future when I will be playing Skyrim SE/AE or whatever new version of Skyrim Todd plans to release.
Though it's really a nice feature and I hope it will be fully updated someday or at least it would be nice if race filters worked without hiccups and we hade some proper documentation about the features BodyGen has.

Edit: It was fun playing with it, reading about it, writing my post and then coloring it tho ?

Edited by MrZet
  • 11 months later...

Is there a way to write it so that randomly affects NPCs based on their race, while still allowing for specific body types for certain NPCs? For instance, I would like Haelga to have a unique body, but I don't want to manually edit every NPC in order to do that. I want random bodies for female nords but if I do that it also seems to affect Haelga.  I've tried  using Experimental NiOverride Helper v3 to reset the morph but it dosen't seem to work. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance of taking the configurations for fallout 4 further?Fo4 Doesn't use the high/low weight system, and it'd be pretty handy if there was an NPC txt file for the fo4 female npcs too. I assume it was made by combing the base .esm files for names that're flagged female, and then conforming it to the txt file layout? 
Bodygen is pretty underappreciated in fallout 4 atm, I'd say the modding scene is about a 5-6 years behind in a lot of ways compared to Skyrim.
Even just rehosting this file on the fo4 side of the modding community would help bring awareness to bodygen as a whole

Edited by Tiptopbunman