Harder Devious Crafting - From Vol 2 Book

View File

Devious Crafting - From Vol 2 Book

Simple Description:

-       Using SkyUI for Read The Book Without Getting Caught?

-       Create A devious and Keys Item So Easily?

-       Avoid Forbidden Tome Quest because is Unnecessary?

This Mods Force Player To Complete “Forbidden Tome Quest” To Get “Devious Devices: Chastity Belts, Volume 2”.

Now To Create A Devious Items And Key, You Need That Book.

I Also Renamed A Price and Name of The Book. So It’s Looks more Expensive And Devious.

-       Devious Devices: Chastity Belts (Price 25 Gold)

-       Forbidden Tome: Devious Devices - Chastity Belts (Price 2500 Gold)

-       Devious Devices: Chastity Belts, Volume 2 (Price 25 Gold)

-       Forbidden Tome: Devious Devices - Chastity Belts, Volume 2 (Price 2500 Gold)

And, Replace A Vol 2 Book Text with Devious Ingredients. Looks Screen Shot to More Details.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/27/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Device Integration, Devious Deviant
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hi Black714,

To be honest I don't really like this quest, since it forces you to do the Dragonborn questline to finish this one. I'd be OK with this quest if the items would be in always accessible dungeons only.

There is something you could make though, which would help the players: the craftable items should be availbale only when the book is in the inventory of the player character. It would help tremendously with the clogged crafting menu.

For example the first book could allow access for the Devious Devices Assets items. The second book could allow crafting items from Devious Devices Expansion.

I expect this a lot of work, but I hope you consider. :smile:

Peace,

M

27 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

To be honest I don't really like this quest, since it forces you to do the Dragonborn questline to finish this one. I'd be OK with this quest if the items would be in always accessible dungeons only.

And (if I recall correctly) that's one of the reasons why the quest is removed at the moment. I also think the DD team mentioned maybe putting it back if they ever got around to fixing it up

1 hour ago, monsta88 said:

There were a couple of ways round that. Either save before seeing Urag then you could keep reloading until all three locations were in Skyrim or

Spoiler

wear a chastity belt and you could help yourself to the Forbidden Tome without the quest starting

I've used a spoiler as some folks are still using the older version

12 hours ago, Slorm said:

There were a couple of ways round that. Either save before seeing Urag then you could keep reloading until all three locations were in Skyrim or

Reveal hidden contents

wear a chastity belt and you could help yourself to the Forbidden Tome without the quest starting

I've used a spoiler as some folks are still using the older version

The couple of times I did this quest I always got Solstheim too, so I assumed it is hardcoded that way. Thanks for the info.

Anyway, what kept me from doing this quest lately was mainly the clogged crafting menu. I almost never craft any DDs, so having it filled with all the variations is really something I prefer to avoid.

My 2 cents: If you're actually intrested in this quest, i guess the DD team wouldn't mind if you'd change/support it. Don't know if you have any options here, just an idea. :smile:

second, i hardly craft anything ever because with several armors and stuff... i usually don't really have the patience to check through hundreds of entries until i find what i want to have. I know some armors enforce you to have the book in your inventory to even have the option for crafting stuff, so that would be great. :smile:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, nutsnuts said:

where to get the devious deviant mod?.

DD are no longer coming with it.

I'm sure you've long given up on this, but for anyone else who may still be possibly interested: This is the latest version I could find on the github: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDi/releases/tag/3.0beta1

I actually enjoyed this quest, I only got to play it once before they tossed it (it was a bit buggy), but it was also really cool. I'm hoping to go over it now, maybe fix it up a bit to make it work with SE.

EDIT: I just tested this, and it work pretty good with SE as is - I put the mod really high in my installation order and let LOOT put it where it wanted. All I did was re-save the mod in the CK and ran nif optimizer on the meshes folder just in case. The mod worked flawless except for the end.

If you choose to tell Urag to go screw himself at the end, when you finally give into his demands, run:

setstage zaddForbiddenTomeQuest 890

If you thank him for removing the device and raping you without complaint, run:

setstage zaddForbiddenTomeQuest 900

I let DD SE v4.3 overwrite anything from this mod along with any other LL mods I had installed and ran into no issues other then the broken code at the end (and it is broken, I looked it over - the last time I played thru this I'm pretty sure it ended properly, so I'm guessing a redesign was in the works and just never got completed, hence why it was removed from DD), I didn't even re-run FNIS.

Otherwise the quest won't end and he'll just keep acting like you just returned with the book. It's clear the code here is broken/messed up. I don't remember if he's suppose to give you the first book back or not. He never takes the second book from you either. (neither really matter - I think you HAVE to read the first book to get the quest start anyway, but if not, and you forgot to read it to learn how to craft the devices, just pull it form the console or use AddItemMenu or something to get another copy of the book).

I wrote a huge edit here, but in the end it just doesn't belong here and I think I'll keep those ideas to myself for now (I might rebuild this mod after all) or something similar anyway - probably a complete rewrite if I do, but will keep the same concept, guess we'll see in time.

TLDR: This mod is still easily playable if you wish to re-play it in SE.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Does this new update work with DDI 4.3, or do you nee the file in the link provided by nutsnuts?

Also, Devious Deviant is no longer available either, or at least I couldn't find it in LL.

I Take with an old 3.0 Version. Script with quest should be there too. It Should be Work with 4.3 DDi Version.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, Black714 said:

I Take with an old 3.0 Version. Script with quest should be there too. It Should be Work with 4.3 DDi Version.

Loved the quest.

I confirmed it did work with 4.3a DDi.

Thanks, 

• 8 months later...