2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

What's different about converting head parts?

For some reason they need to be converted in a special way that's different that the process used for any other non-headpart mesh, so they need to be separated from the others and converted with a special "Head Parts Only" toggle enabled in the SSE Nif converter. Otherwise, they cause crashes and bugs AFAIK.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

Is this a common bug or am I just unlucky? When I use the Female, the camera gets all way through the ground and seems to lock up to where I can't do anything.  Doesn't seem to do it with males.

Other people have reported that bug as well, but I don't know if a fix or workaround was found. What I do know is that it's probably caused by the digitigrade skeleton, as I've never experienced the bug myself after reverting the race to the vanilla skeleton path.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, Blaze69 said:

Other people have reported that bug as well, but I don't know if a fix or workaround was found. What I do know is that it's probably caused by the digitigrade skeleton, as I've never experienced the bug myself after reverting the race to the vanilla skeleton path.

How do you revert it?

15 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

How do you revert it?

You need to replace the skeleton files in the Cellan folder with the standard XPMSE ones, and also edit the feet meshes to remove the high heels transform data so it doesn't screw up your character's size and height.

I'll see if I can make a quick drag-n-drop patch to fix it, shouldn't be too hard.

EDIT: nevermind, seems like Bad Dog already uploaded a plantigrade patch. Try downloading the "CellanPlantigradeFixV01.00" file, it should take care of it.

• 5 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:52 AM, Blaze69 said:

You need to replace the skeleton files in the Cellan folder with the standard XPMSE ones, and also edit the feet meshes to remove the high heels transform data so it doesn't screw up your character's size and height.

I'll see if I can make a quick drag-n-drop patch to fix it, shouldn't be too hard.

EDIT: nevermind, seems like Bad Dog already uploaded a plantigrade patch. Try downloading the "CellanPlantigradeFixV01.00" file, it should take care of it.

Wow, sorry about getting back after so long... I kind of got caught up lots IRL situations...   Anyways, I tried the fix and it says it's not a appropriate file?  I tried open it up and it says it can't be opened, the file is corrupted.

5 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

Wow, sorry about getting back after so long... I kind of got caught up lots IRL situations...   Anyways, I tried the fix and it says it's not a appropriate file?  I tried open it up and it says it can't be opened, the file is corrupted.

Been a long time since I last used this, but I'm pretty sure the files are fine. Try downloading them again and using 7zip to open and extract them.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, Blaze69 said:

I completely missed the fix...can confirm as well. The camera doesn't bug out anymore.

2 hours ago, Rockat said:

I completely missed the fix...can confirm as well. The camera doesn't bug out anymore.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that because YA and Khajiit Overhaul use the same digi skeletons as this mod and they don't seem to have this issue, but using the plantigrade patch gets rid of it, so there's that.

4 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I'm having some trouble with the female Cellan. No matter what I do the body always looks like this, and none of the in-game body sliders work

Female Cellans use a separate body from the other races, and the default meshes for it are built with the 7B Natural preset. You can replace the "otterfemalebody" nifs in meshes\actors\character\Cellan with your current "femalebody" nifs if you want them to use the same naked body as the other races, but you will lose the custom otter bits if you do so.

I've already created a UUNP Bodyslide set for that custom body that keeps the bits but allows you to choose the shape you want, and I've sent it to Bad Dog. It should be included in the upcoming update, but I don't know when that will be, so I can't give an ETA or anything.

BTW, the final camera fix appears to be simply not using any digitigrade skeletons at all. Disabling Yiffyage's digit patch also solved the problem with the "camera through the floor" (I had it randomly break again).

3 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I think I'll wait until the update, I don't play that often as a female Cellan

One option that you have is to load up the 7B natural pre-set in bodyslide (it's good to have a clothing mod which also works with bodyslide-clothes also match up then), tweak it so that your characters body is to your liking, then click build, and your character is now customised.

• 4 weeks later...

The otter race file will not download at all  keeps saying failed  over an over again . I got the other two zip files though just not the race zip file.  Can I please get it as I would love to play as a otter in Skyrim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well my previous statement appears to be wrong. Re-installed everything (including Skyrim) to solve some long standing CTD, and the camera glitch came back again. And it was fixed this time by installing Enhanced Camera. No idea what is going on as apart from that, the mod list+load order is identical. I'll just chalk it up to the game having a lazily designed camera system.

Hi, I just wanted to say great work on this mod! I never thought I'd see playable mustelidae members in Skyrim! Unfortunately though I am having an issue with the webbed foot meshes. Whenever I equip and un-equip boots, my character instantly changes size.; While wearing boots she is about normal height/scale, but the moment I remove them, she is instantly scaled down as if using setscale in console. I installed the plantigrade fix, but it didn't work. My temporary solution is to use a foot mesh from a khajiit mod in place of the original, which fixes the scaling issue, but now I don't have the awesome looking webbed otter feet. I am also not using any skeleton framework mods like XP32. Any help or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Boots are a problem with digitigrade feet. The feet apply a scaling factor to the skeleton because they lift the actor a bit. The scaling factor reduces the height back to normal. The difference is small--maybe four inches in the skyrim world. Boots don't apply the scaling. They also look terrible. The mod is really designed that if you use the digi feet you don't wear shoes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, Bad Dog said:

Boots are a problem with digitigrade feet. The feet apply a scaling factor to the skeleton because they lift the actor a bit. The scaling factor reduces the height back to normal. The difference is small--maybe four inches in the skyrim world. Boots don't apply the scaling. They also look terrible. The mod is really designed that if you use the digi feet you don't wear shoes.

So, any ideas how I can make them have more humanlike/Khajjit type feet and have them look alright?  I really prefer plantigrade type feet. As I said, my temporary fix is simply swapping out the otter foot mesh with a khajiit mesh which works to fix the scaling, but the textures obviously don't look right. Also, I don't understand, what does the plantigrade fix file do? Anyways, it's still a well-made race mod and I appreciate all the work that has gone into it, so thanks!

10 hours ago, Sombah Dee said:

So, any ideas how I can make them have more humanlike/Khajjit type feet and have them look alright?  I really prefer plantigrade type feet. As I said, my temporary fix is simply swapping out the otter foot mesh with a khajiit mesh which works to fix the scaling, but the textures obviously don't look right. Also, I don't understand, what does the plantigrade fix file do? Anyways, it's still a well-made race mod and I appreciate all the work that has gone into it, so thanks!

Plantigrade feet are humanoid feet.