New version going up! (Going up in the OP, that is. It's there now.)

Blaze, none of those neet-o solutions worked. Every one gave me a vertex explosion. So I did ... something ... and now I have working feet. One thing I did was export to the nif through the blender scripts, import into OS and export the nif from there, then export the obj and make the _0 version and use OS to turn the _1 into the _0. So both _1 and _0 were exported from OS. Dunno if that made the difference. Also I didn't worry about the stringextradata until the end--I think that may have had a part in it.

Anyways.

• I made a few more eye colors and they all show up in racemenu for me.
  • I haven't adapted the hair yet. Check out the male with khajiit mustaches though--he almost looks good with them.
  • Female nose is cleaned up. I used Blaze's female head textures.
  • Female and male have fur tints. Only one complexion, but you shouldn't get locked into khajiit complexions. 
  • Female and male have half-assed presets. They need cleanup.
  • Race has been tweaked with some of the settings upthread. I didn't know how to do racial powers so I didn't. I gave them a variant of argonian waterbreathing that should require them to come up for air sometime. But it seems to be permanent. I also tried to let them fight underwater, but that doesn't seem to work for NPC races.

Still to come

• Vampires. 
  • Hair. Should otters have hair?
  • Intimate jewelry
  • Tattoos
  • Sheathing schlong
  • Plantigrade SOS-style feet
  • Cleanup on the races with the powers and such
  • NPCs

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I said I would make human feet with an sos texture mesh, but now I don't remember why. Is it really necessary? The current feet will work fine in plantigrade mode.

They will work fine when barefoot but will have bugs when wearing any boots or shoes that show the feet mesh itself (i.e. footwraps, sandals, Falmer boots, plenty of mod-added stuff). I mean, while it would be good to have the option, it's not critical for the mod, so I guess it's your call.

New version up!

This is basically all functionality. Both sexes, all body parts are implemented.

I haven't done tattoos yet because I don't know how. I looked at another tattoo mod and it appears to hook into racemenu, but it wasn't working for me and it's for the PC only. I'm not sure how to put tattoos on NPCs except just give them their own skin textures.

Ditto racial powers. I assume there's a hook from the race to a spell or a magic effect that does hmm hmm stuff but I don't really know what.

That's it for the main mod, though.

Just for grins and giggles, I made a small band of NPCs and gave them the smaller of the boats at the Solitude docks. You'll find two standing guard at all times, some in the water splashing around being otters, and sometimes they'll visit Solitude for supplies or to visit the Skeever. I'm intending for two of them to be potential followers, but I haven't got the dialog working right yet. 

It's still a beta so don't get committed to any game using them, but it should be stable.

BTW, I had no trouble at all with the schlong nifs. _0 and _1 weights generated from blender with no trouble. So I think there was something wonky about the meshes I was using earlier. I'm inclined to suspect the new scripts that import directly into blender 2.7*. I did try using them when I wasn't going to need the bone weights and though nothing obvious was wrong, I think they may have been buggered in some subtle way. This time I did all the imports and exports through the old scripts and nothing bad happened. So.

Oh, two more things.

The otters splash around satisfactorily, but they need to undress for swimming. There doesn't seem to be an "OnSwimming" event so I will probably have to catch the swimming animation event. I'm guessing some kind of racial power type spell that starts a magic effect that sets up catching the event. or something.

Also I want to do a big-balls version of the schlong and I'm not sure what's best. Scaling up the scrotum bone looks fine, but I can't see how to do that for NPCs. I'm thinking I'll have to do a special version of the schlong that has that bone scaled up. if anyone has a better thought, let me know.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Oh, two more things.

The otters splash around satisfactorily, but they need to undress for swimming. There doesn't seem to be an "OnSwimming" event so I will probably have to catch the swimming animation event. I'm guessing some kind of racial power type spell that starts a magic effect that sets up catching the event. or something.

Also I want to do a big-balls version of the schlong and I'm not sure what's best. Scaling up the scrotum bone looks fine, but I can't see how to do that for NPCs. I'm thinking I'll have to do a special version of the schlong that has that bone scaled up. if anyone has a better thought, let me know.

Ok two things, 1 I love this a hell of a lot~!  The girls look gorgeous.

Spoiler

20180115005109_1.thumb.jpg.d2f8b0b28bae8a490f12022562d2ff35.jpg20180115005116_1.thumb.jpg.ae3d1b7c460477e86e071b571117c180.jpg20180115005134_1.thumb.jpg.4694d897d8eed09acc624954229ca5e4.jpg

Second thing. As to the schlongs, as a personal thing for the big balled/lore version, is there a way to make it so just the head is sorta poking out of the sheath a little at all times for the big nuts version?

If not its no biggy, but otherwise Im happy with everything so far and, you've more than gone above and beyond what I'd imagined so thanks so much! Theyre just so cute.

1. Thank you!

2. Yes, easy. I considered that, because my dog and feline schlongs are made that way. But because these have the button at the top I figured they would more be entirely inside and then pop out all at once. But doing it the other way is easy too. Check out the first stage of arousal above fully sheathed--they'd look a lot like that, though I could pull it back and maybe shrink it just a bit.

Re swimming, it did occur to me that if I'm catching the swimming animation anyway, I could just make a nude swimming mod and let it work on everyone. Then I went to see what's out there:

So neither is quite what I want.

18 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I haven't done tattoos yet because I don't know how. I looked at another tattoo mod and it appears to hook into racemenu, but it wasn't working for me and it's for the PC only. I'm not sure how to put tattoos on NPCs except just give them their own skin textures.

Yeah, for NPCs simply stick to giving them their own separate textures with the tattoos painted on. Overlays are mostly meant for the player, and while they should work on NPCs by using something like SlaveTats, it's wonky and would create a (light) requirement. So just do it the "standard" way.

Ditto racial powers. I assume there's a hook from the race to a spell or a magic effect that does hmm hmm stuff but I don't really know what.

I can look into that, just tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do about it.

Just for grins and giggles, I made a small band of NPCs and gave them the smaller of the boats at the Solitude docks. You'll find two standing guard at all times, some in the water splashing around being otters, and sometimes they'll visit Solitude for supplies or to visit the Skeever. I'm intending for two of them to be potential followers, but I haven't got the dialog working right yet. 

For NPC followers to work, you need to 1) add them to the PotentialFollower faction, 2) give them one of the follower-enabled voice types (limited to a bunch of them in vanilla which you can find in the "VoicesFollowerAll" FormList, but with RDO pretty much all voices work with it), and 3) have their relationship rank with the player be 1 or higher. Make sure your follower-to-be checks out all three and they should work fine.

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

The otters splash around satisfactorily, but they need to undress for swimming. There doesn't seem to be an "OnSwimming" event so I will probably have to catch the swimming animation event. I'm guessing some kind of racial power type spell that starts a magic effect that sets up catching the event. or something..

If you don't need it to work each and every time they go swimming and just want them to undress while performing the custom AI package you gave them, you could add a script to the package that changes their outfit to an empty one when starting the package and restores their original outfit back when ending it. I did that for the edited NPCs at the Hot Springs in the shark race plugin and it worked mostly fine.

Only downside is there may be a slight hiccup when changing outfits, though: seems to be a bug in the engine with the outfit-swapping function.

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think the Global Variables with the bone names required by the SOS Addon setup are supposed to tell SOS how much to scale each bone when using the built-in scaling system (the one with the 0-20 slider in the MCM menu). So if you go to the NPCGenitalsScrotum global and set it to a higher number, the end result should be bigger ingame as long as the N/PC in question has a size higher than 0.

Got the otters to take their clothes off when they go swimming, and OMG what a bear.

Actually doing it is simple. There's a racial ability which has a script which catches the animations. It has to catch all the movement animations so that we get triggered when swimming stops, but it works fine. No cloak needed. 

The problem was debugging the damn thing. Is there some Skyrim thing where if a magic effect has a script it won't show up in the UI? Because I had a "strip" ability and it didn't show up so I thought it wasn't working. So I said fukkit and put the script on the waterbreathing ability--and then that one stopped showing up in the UI. !?

Also the effect was being triggered during the initial PC setup in confusing ways. I have to check and NOT collect the anims when it's the PC.

Oh hey that looks great. Imo.

Also to note, since these races were genned using Khajiit tags, apachi skyhair actually works with them.

Im kind of curious if theres a way to set all hairs to be usable by all races/sexes.

Anyway looks great to me!

*Edit

Is there a way to remove the fur from the balls? It looks good but it feels a little off, esp on the larger bag.

Yeah, the fur is getting scaled up with everything else, which doesn't really work.

Only issue with the hair is that the head is flatter than the khajiit head so sometimes the hairline doesn't work, and sometimes you can see that the hair isn't really attached. If the hair is bulky enough there shouldn't be a problem.

Bleaugh. Decided today to get rid of the cloak spell that makes hoodie schlongs work and instead give the schlong itself a magic effect that would do the swapping via script. Which all seemed fine until I discovered that RCAE only works on the player. 

So the player has to register the animations, which means there still has to be one central quest that makes the player an alias and that invokes the script where that's done. That might be okay... a low-impact quest like that wouldn't have much effect. But then the armor on equip has to report its 4 schlong levels. That's probably also okay... either a script on the armor or keep the magic effect and the script runs on that. Then then schlongs can keep track of their own levels and I don't need one master list of all schlongs and levels, which bugs me. Schlongs on equip report their levels to the main quest which may already have gotten the memo and might just ignore the notification, which is fine. Player registers the anim events once on main quest start and never unregisters them. Main quest gets the callback no matter what schlong is changing levels. So it still needs the common list, but it doesn't have to be stored, because schlongs will (I think) get an equip event when the game is re-loaded.

The only thing I lose is I'll still have to have a common ESM for all the schlongs, which I'd hoped to get rid of. Unless I can put the player alias on the SOS schlong quest. That might work. Then the player will register for anim events once for every hoodie schlong, but only on quest start. It could also be a unique standalone quest, one for each schlong. 

In other news, I can't get SOS to boost the size of the balls. I tried with and without the SOS Racemenu plugin, by boosting the _scrotum global. Had no effect. So I'll have to boost it in the mesh, which is irritating.