1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

v1 is up!

This contains all the functionality we've talked about. The NPCs in Solitude sandbox around their boat and strip to swim using the mechanism I described above. They get a magic effect when they start swimming that looks for when they leave the water and puts their clothes back on at that point. It's a simple one-shot timer, so it won't go crazy and run forever. A funny-nice side effect of this mechanism is they wait a few seconds to dry off after getting out of the water before putting their clothes back on. I think it's less load on the system than catching every swim animation. I'm happy with it--two simple scripts instead of one complicated one.

NPCs are there as before. There are six: Quicksilver and Limber are the leaders of the group, the oldest and most experienced. Slotter and Pearl are full adults. Smudge and Lithe are the youngest--this is their first trip out into the wide world. As full adults, Limber and Pearl have the tattoos but I haven't done much with them yet. I'm imagining that as the eldest, Limber should have a full set and Pearl should have a more minimal set, but I haven't done that.

Schlong varieties are regular SOS, BD Hoodie unsheathing, normal; and unsheathing big-balls versions.

Pussy jewelry should be craftable and is worn by the leaders (Limber and Pearl). Lithe hasn't earned hers yet. It's likely not to look good on anyone but otters.

Smudge and Lithe are supposed to be potential followers, but the dialog isn't triggering. Use a follower mod for now. 

GD, I'm thinking you'll take this and play with it and come back if you want tweaks, like more & different tattoo variants. Think about if you want them very sharp, as now and as in your concept art, or rougher with a more natural feel.

I'll give the new update a try tomorrow when I get home :smiley:

Hey so I think I fucked something up along the way, and am reverting to an earlier mod state for skyrim again oops, but anyway all aside it LOOKS great. I'll let you know more when I actually fix the hell game to a non crashing state. I think I fucked something up during install order for a different mod... anyway I love how everything looks.

If only you could import racemenu details to npcs I'd love to help design some hahah. Anyway thanks again! I'll give you more info asap.

*edit*

Out of curiosity, is there an equippable texture for the markings for racemenu? That should probably be available in the final release.

I dunno nothing about equipable textures. Maybe something you could apply through racemenu? I don't know how that works, but I know it exists at least.

If you save your character settings, I *think* there's a way to load it back up either into CK or racemenu or something. I did very little with the presets and would be happy to improve them.

10 hours ago, GDelscribe said:

If only you could import racemenu details to npcs I'd love to help design some hahah. Anyway thanks again! I'll give you more info asap.

*edit*

Out of curiosity, is there an equippable texture for the markings for racemenu? That should probably be available in the final release.

You can create character presets in RaceMenu and then import them into the NPC you want in the CK. Simply create the character you want and then open the console and type "spf *character name*". This will create a file named *character name*.npc in the base game folder (where the .exe files are), and there's an option in the NPC window in the CK to import appearance data from those .npc files.

Do note that while the import should get the skin tints and shape sliders right, it usually screws up the head parts (like hairs or eyes) and either loads the wrong ones or doesn't load any at all, but you can manually select the proper ones after importing to fix that.

Also note that for CharGen presets you only need the base NPC data but for actual ingame NPCs you also need their FaceGen data (meshes and textures). RaceMenu includes a "Sculpt" tab with Import/Export functions that allows you to export your current character's head mesh and tint in the FaceGen data format. If you don't want to risk the CK's own FG generator screwing up the NPC's tints or meshes, you can export them manually from RaceMenu before using the spf command and then use the RM-exported files (instead of the CK ones) to make sure they look the way they did when you created them ingame.

As for turning the markings into RaceMenu overlays, it wouldn't work because of RM/NiOverride limitations. AFAIK overlays only work on head, hands, body and feet. Tails are not supported, and I think I read something about extra NiTriShapes in the body nif not picking up the overlays, so the labia mesh wouldn't get the markings either. With the current markings, the only one that would actually be visible would be the "bullseye". Everything else is on a non-overlay-supported mesh.

I could be wrong about those meshes not being supported, though; and BD could always create new makings that only cover the supported body parts, but for now it simply wouldn't work.

Howdy!

I gave a try with the race yesterday and I like it! However, I'm not sure if it's because of Yiffy Age, but when my character wears anything to his feet, it is getting swapped with feet of the other races. 

Aside of this issue, everything seems to be working fine. I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

27 minutes ago, XanderK9 said:

However, I'm not sure if it's because of Yiffy Age, but when my character wears anything to his feet, it is getting swapped with feet of the other races. 

Yup, that's due to Yiffy Age. The Cellans are set up to use Khajiit meshes for items, and since in YA Khajiit are set up to equip the same feet meshes for all footwear (effectively making the items "invisible"), then you get Khajiit feet when equipping anything in the Feet slot as a Cellan.

There's unfortuately no way around it that I know of, outside of creating a "YA patch" for the Cellans that gives them the YA feline feet meshes and textures so the feet don't change when wearing boots or shoes.

20 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

With or without the plantigrade patch? The digitigrade feet pretty much don't work with shoes.

Both, actually.

13 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Yup, that's due to Yiffy Age. The Cellans are set up to use Khajiit meshes for items, and since in YA Khajiit are set up to equip the same feet meshes for all footwear (effectively making the items "invisible"), then you get Khajiit feet when equipping anything in the Feet slot as a Cellan.

There's unfortuately no way around it that I know of, outside of creating a "YA patch" for the Cellans that gives them the YA feline feet meshes and textures so the feet don't change when wearing boots or shoes.

I see! I guess that explain why I notice such issue with the Lungaris as well and not with the Selachii?

It's not a big problem anyway. I'll just have to not equip any boots in the meantime. XD

7 minutes ago, XanderK9 said:

I see! I guess that explain why I notice such issue with the Lungaris as well and not with the Selachii?

Yeah, that's it. Lungaris and Cellan are set up to use Khajiit meshes because their head shape is roughly similar to the Khajiit one (moreso in the case of Lungaris than Cellan, but still). That way you get the Khajiit helmet/circlet meshes, and while those are not an exact match for the two races, it should at least be free of clipping and similar bugs.

The Selachii, on the other hand, have a human-like head shape and so are able to use most human meshes just fine (face-covering items do clip with the snout but there isn't much to be done about it). Bad Dog left the setup for human meshes (both head and feet items) still in place when building YA so that human/humanoid races could still be used alongside it if properly built; thus, even with YA the sharks use the human meshes for everything and don't get the bug with the feet.

That's good to know, thanks!

Is that an hard-coded thing or is that something that could be resolved by scripting/modding/whatever? If it's the latter, would it be complex to make another setup that uses both human and Khajiit meshes?

I mean, I'm very rusty when it comes to that kind of stuff, but I could give it a try if the time allows me. ^^;

32 minutes ago, XanderK9 said:

Is that an hard-coded thing or is that something that could be resolved by scripting/modding/whatever? If it's the latter, would it be complex to make another setup that uses both human and Khajiit meshes?

It's an all-or-nothing scenario, unfortunately. In the race data you can specify which race to use as a template for the item meshes (this is called ArmorRace), but you can only select one and it will be used for everything. Even if you try to set up separate meshes for Cellan and Khajiit, for example, the game will completely ignore the Cellan ones and use the Khajiit ones for both Cellan and Khajiit, because as far as the game knows, Cellans *are* Khajiit when looking for which meshes to load.

The only way around it would be to not use any ArmorRace at all, in which case you would have to manually add the Cellan entry to the "Compatible Races" list of each and every single equippable item in the game. While this is technically doable, and would potentially allow the Cellan (or any other custom race set up that way) to use completely different meshes from the other races, it would require a ton of work and would also cause incompatibilities with any other mod that edits armor records. Last, but not least, it would mean custom items would not load on Cellans without a compatibility patch for each specific armor mod.

I see! 

So the other option is to make and addon that makes both races compatible with the Khajiit assets, which I assume that would require to edit textures and swap the feet?

Definitely not the ideal solution since that would remove the custom feet for the Cellan, but that will make it fully compatible with Yiffy Age, at least?

39 minutes ago, XanderK9 said:

So the other option is to make and addon that makes both races compatible with the Khajiit assets, which I assume that would require to edit textures and swap the feet?

Yep. Basically replace the custom Cellan feet with the standard feline ones used by Khajiit in YA.

Alright, so after trying to get the Creation Kit working and a bit of searching in the files and comparing with Yiffy Age's data, I was able to make an addon that swaps the feet with the feline one (although I had to overwrite the main file for the Lungaris because it's an .esp and non an .esm?).

Just to be sure, all I had to do is to swap the meshes for the feet and assign the skeleton used for Yiffy Age, correct? Of course, the other step would be to edit the feet's textures, but whatever. XD

8 hours ago, XanderK9 said:

Just to be sure, all I had to do is to swap the meshes for the feet and assign the skeleton used for Yiffy Age, correct? Of course, the other step would be to edit the feet's textures, but whatever. XD

IIRC the skeletons should be the same across both mods so you didn't actually need to change them. As for the meshes, you could simply take the YA Feline(Fe)MaleFeet_x.nif meshes, rename them, and use them to replace the Cellan feet meshes right away without the need to edit the plugin itself.

Yeah, you need to replace the feet textures with the feline ones. You could try using the Sabrelion feet textures as a base; since the Cellan textures were created using the Sabrelion ones as a base, you should be able to get the feet textures to match the bodies with some tweaks to Hue/Saturation/Brightness/Contrast.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

IIRC the skeletons should be the same across both mods so you didn't actually need to change them. As for the meshes, you could simply take the YA Feline(Fe)MaleFeet_x.nif meshes, rename them, and use them to replace the Cellan feet meshes right away without the need to edit the plugin itself.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot I had the plantigrade fix installed. XD

I should have just renamed it for the meshes, but it's either I like doing stuff complicated or I thought there was more to it in the first place. Besides, I had to do it for the Lungaris since they don't have digitigrade feet, anyway.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yeah, you need to replace the feet textures with the feline ones. You could try using the Sabrelion feet textures as a base; since the Cellan textures were created using the Sabrelion ones as a base, you should be able to get the feet textures to match the bodies with some tweaks to Hue/Saturation/Brightness/Contrast.

Got it! Thanks!

Alright, the colors are not perfect, but it's fine for the moment. I don't see any issues so far. The adjustments to the Lungaris are working too (redirecting to the new feet mesh and textures is what all I believe I had to do).

Now I can going back playing with my Cellan. XD