Two things: 

I officially fucked up my install at some point and, I'm just starting completely from scratch despite this being a frustration for me It will be much easier to start over and redownload everything than troubleshoot the hell I'm going through.

2: Since I'm more than happy to just keep paying you, would you be willing to try your hand at a bird/raptor themed race after this is all said and done???

12 hours ago, GDelscribe said:

2: Since I'm more than happy to just keep paying you, would you be willing to try your hand at a bird/raptor themed race after this is all said and done???

I assume with "raptor" you mean "bird of prey", right? If so, it would not be easy at all.

It would require a brand new head created from scratch, period. Closest thing to a beak that's already available is the Argonian head and I simply don't see it being morphed to look avian without the result looking pretty bad. And we all know how much work creating new heads would mean (still possible, but that's a ton of work). Also wings would mostly be out of the question; perhaps they could be built using anton's Animated Dragon Wings as a base, but I don't know of any feathered wings mesh for that, so it would have to be created as well.

All in all, if Bad Dog is up for it, that would be cool and I will certainly do my best to help, but don't get your hopes up because chances are it won't happen.

3 hours ago, vistigious said:

Yo, trying to get this to work for the Race menu SOS plugin... but its not working.  Sliders wont show. Any ideas?

Whether the SOS Racemenu plugin works or not doesn't depend on the race you are using, so chances are it has nothing to do with the race itself.

Having said that, are you sure you enabled both the XPMSE.esp plugin and the dummy SOSRaceMenu.esp one? You need the first one to add the actual sliders to RaceMenu and the second one to disable SOS' internal scaling for the player so it doesn't overwrite your custom scales set in RM.

Oh, and yeah, in case you didn't know, the SOS RaceMenu plugin is now a part of XPMSE; you should not be using the original (old) one from the standalone release.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Oh, and yeah, in case you didn't know, the SOS RaceMenu plugin is now a part of XPMSE; you should not be using the original (old) one from the standalone release.

I didn't know that.

And it does work fine, I've got it running now.

As for a bird race, :classic_blink:

I do have some interest in creating a head with tris from scratch just cuz I'm a masochist and to say I did it. But wouldn't you rather have a minotaur? Or a horse? 

The advantage of doing a bird is that you're just not going to get a lot of movement out of a beak. So all the phonemes are going to be pretty much opening the beak to different degrees, which is way simpler than mobilizing a mouth. Plus it would probably be easiest not to give them a separate mouth--just animate a tongue inside the same mesh. Same with ears... no ears. Hardest thing might be to get the creature to show any expression at all.

For wings, sure, do a quick set of feathered wings for ADW. They should have some anyway. Or attach the wings to the arm as an additional body part. They'd have to poke through armor and weighting would be hard. They'd either look terrible or kind of cool. 

How would it work as a vampire? Poor thing would starve to death. 

Lemme wrap up the otters and do my dogs and I'll think about it. Post concept art meanwhile, maybe in a different thread.

About to post an update with the big balls version of the schlong. Here's how it looks.

Spoiler

5a634b074a52f_bigschlong.thumb.jpg.5a62618c4f37ee93aef5ba21cac5f53d.jpg

:smiley:

Heh, was playing around with SOS bone scaling and had to share.

Okay, for real:

BB3.thumb.jpg.ee4e65a9915d077fd5005a7d5d7deee0.jpgBB2.thumb.jpg.852659784dbae9c2b85187fb583402ec.jpgBB1.thumb.jpg.9daac6a3cae4ba6095d4137706abb996.jpg

So whaddya think? It's big, but not totally-break-immersion-omfg-big. Turns out the SOS bone weights set scale factor, not absolute size. So the bigger the schlong is the bigger the balls get in proportion. You can see that Smudge, the middle picture, has a smaller schlong and smaller balls. Slotter, the last one, is larger. 

Imma call this V1 but I'll still do tweaks if requested.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

IBut wouldn't you rather have a minotaur? Or a horse? 

I, for one, hope you eventually manage to make races for all the popular anthro types.

Avian, Equine, Bovine, I think those will be enough to fulfill the wants of the majority of modders.

Plus enough parts to make hybrid races like Griffons or Hippogriffs and so on

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

As for a bird race, :classic_blink:

I do have some interest in creating a head with tris from scratch just cuz I'm a masochist and to say I did it. But wouldn't you rather have a minotaur? Or a horse? 

To be honest, I would rather have equine or tauren/bovine races first too, since I'd say those would be a bit easier to pull off as a whole (but it's true they may need comparatively more work on the head and the morphs themselves). Although I may be a bit biased on this due to the fact I'm not too keen on avians.

In any case, any more races that you may want to work on next will be more than welcome and I'll help with all I can, so there's that :classic_shy:.

Well. I say bird but. Perhaps thats not the most accurate. Theyre more like bats with bird features. I have a whole host of beast races other than cellan to go off of for inspiration so if that doesn't sound within your scope for now by all means.

A faun/Satyrlike Kitsune race would actually be a totally cool thing to have for me lmao.

Spoiler

I just realized you asked for a different thread so I'll make one for that and we'll see where we can go from there.

But here's examples.

Talis "Bird" people.(I don't have a ref for the women but they're very similar with little to no tiddy)

Spoiler

5a63714f22d43_TalisMaleMalenKrell-Coloured.thumb.png.391bc9e73d932a4aef13ff6ffedf0d3f.png5a6371986ba34_KrellButt-1.thumb.png.29ef5c92362648b09433b3f1055590d3.png5a6371c7eb459_MalenKrell.thumb.png.466d77ecb04d938de8b134a7a3e53354.png

Kitsune (Double tits obviously optional lmao):

Spoiler

Lanaya-ShyFox.thumb.png.53575b2242e36d2f32ddaa4b971f4ef6.png5a637222260c8_Lanaya-DefaultFox2.thumb.png.edbbbcdfbe7cb6a50a057da46b7660ea.png1604453_SnowTaradien_fox_goddess.thumb.png.79291ca1cd28f44ff69f34c7ea5953ec.png

Im going to be really honest I personally don't have much interest in Equine or Bovine features myself. Deer on the other hand I would more than gladly get behind if y'all would be cool with that. And I'd be happy to have a sheathed or human dicked set of deer junk on its own if even nothing else.

There's also concepts for a bear or raccoon/tanuki race that I'd been mulling over for folks interested in that too I suppose.

No worries and no rush but I'm willing to take input.

As to the big nuts version, A+ I adore it. It looks fantastic. I'm really happy with everything and I really like what's been done so far. SO thank you so so much!

I finally got my install reset and cant' wait to try them out.

-Edit-

Here's a link to the other thread I just started 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/92341-talis-and-kitsune-race-concepts/

46 minutes ago, GDelscribe said:

[...]

Okay, let's see:

-Talis: don't really know what to say, it could work and look good... or not. No special interest in it but not a bad idea either. Whatever Bad Dog says, I guess.

-Kitsune: not a big fan of "take human/elf and give them X animal's ears/tail/wings/claws/*insert body part that's not the head*". Better than plain ol' hoomans, yes, but I'll go for anything more anthro as soon as I get the chance.

BTW, you should check out the MaTera races in the Nexus (both standard and Battle MaTera). You'll have to search because I'm on mobile and can't link, but should be easy to find them. Pretty close to what you want, so you could use them as-is and they won't require much tweaking if you still want to do some changes.

-Deer: oooh, right. Forgot about them. Count me in for that, yes :classic_shy:.

-Bear/Racoon/Tanuki: could work too, yes. Would need more info but I like the sound of those.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I assume with "raptor" you mean "bird of prey", right? If so, it would not be easy at all.

It would require a brand new head created from scratch, period. Closest thing to a beak that's already available is the Argonian head and I simply don't see it being morphed to look avian without the result looking pretty bad. And we all know how much work creating new heads would mean (still possible, but that's a ton of work). Also wings would mostly be out of the question; perhaps they could be built using anton's Animated Dragon Wings as a base, but I don't know of any feathered wings mesh for that, so it would have to be created as well.

All in all, if Bad Dog is up for it, that would be cool and I will certainly do my best to help, but don't get your hopes up because chances are it won't happen.

Whether the SOS Racemenu plugin works or not doesn't depend on the race you are using, so chances are it has nothing to do with the race itself.

Having said that, are you sure you enabled both the XPMSE.esp plugin and the dummy SOSRaceMenu.esp one? You need the first one to add the actual sliders to RaceMenu and the second one to disable SOS' internal scaling for the player so it doesn't overwrite your custom scales set in RM.

thats odd, it works for all my vanilla races just not custom ones.... maybe i broke somthing

Been playing with my otters and I'm still not happy with strip-when-swimming.

First problem was that they kept re-dressing before sex. That was because I was picking up an idle animation which triggered before the sex animation and SL seemed not to be admitting they were getting it on. I fixed that by not looking for idles, just moving animations. (And then SL started working right, which is odd.)

Trouble now is that I have the enhanced breezehome with steam room and hot pool. It's got a trigger so anyone enters the pool strips. The otters stripped and then re-dressed as soon as they took a step. 

I think I'll have to create a SwimmingFaction, add the NPC to it when they start swimming, and then only re-dress them if they're in it. I thought of giving them a special swimming ring or something, but adding them to a faction seems to be the usual way of handling such things. 

In other news, the digitigrade stuff seems to be working fine and the otters swim in the water but I don't know how. Seems like I lost all the scripting that was supposed to fix that. :classic_unsure:

Are you sure about the mustaches? In my game there are two cellen mustaches (really just khajiit mustaches), a bunch of khajiit options, and then KhajiitNoBeard which is no facial hair. I could add a CellanNoBeard option so it shows up sooner in the list.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Are you sure about the mustaches? In my game there are two cellen mustaches (really just khajiit mustaches), a bunch of khajiit options, and then KhajiitNoBeard which is no facial hair. I could add a CellanNoBeard option so it shows up sooner in the list.

Im unsure why but yeah Im locked into two mustaches. Two khajiit mustaches after that, and then nothing. Which is strange. It could be something else in the load. Ill try to find out and report back to you.

It was something ridiculous. Load order and an older hair mod I was trying out. Deleted it and its fixed now.

Good. 

I'm still obsessing over strip-on-swim scripts.

I created a Swimming faction and it works fine, the otters only put clothes on if they were previously swimming.

But I'm catching every movement animation trigger and checking to see if that actor had been swimming. So it seems like there's a lot of unnecessary ongoing overhead.

Another way of doing it would be to catch just the swimming animation. Then apply a Swimming magic effect to the actor. The magic effect would check every 5 seconds or so to ensure the actor is still swimming. When IsSwimming returns false, redress and remove the effect. Or turn on catching animation events for that actor--seems like, unlike RCAE, you can catch the events on just one actor. And those events would only trigger once, and that once is the one you care about (actor left the water). So that might be better.

Probably work at least playing with this.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm still obsessing over strip-on-swim scripts. [...]

I do think you are obsessing over it. I mean, is it that immersion-breaking that you have to add a custom system and the ensuing script load? Couldn't you do with the outfit-swap-on-package-start/finish workaround I suggested? If you really want to do it, then by all means go for it and I'll help if I can, but I still think it's too much.

Otherwise, if we have to work on something... Why don't we find a way for them not to need to undress while swimming? Just like I said for the sharks before, being practically "amphibian" and spending so much time in and around water, you would expect Cellan to have developed some kind of clothing and armors set that either 1) can be worn comfortably while in the water without hindering movement (think something like a wetsuit or lightweight form-fitting armor) or 2) can be taken off and put back on quickly and easily. If we go for #1, there wouldn't be any need for the undressing system.

For example, I've always thought the vanilla Dark Brotherhood armor would be a good base for it. Take the DB armor meshes, give them a new texture, cut some pieces here and there for extra skimpyness (or even make them ouright Revealing for SoS), and it's good to go. Maybe slap some pieces like pauldrons or belts from other vanilla light armors as a mashup so it looks more unique.

I should also mention that it would solve a small caveat with the labia rings: since they use Slot 52, if you don't use a revealing armor mod (and thus the Hide Armor is not tagged as "Revealing"), the slots conflict and female Cellan NPCs equip either the armor or the rings, but not both, so they end up naked (and with the rings) most of the time. If we gave them custom gear that would be revealing and leave the bits exposed, we could get them to wear both at the same time.

Also hasn't @GDelscribe stated that in-lore Cellan clothing is designed around the markings and intended to showcase them? It would thus make sense for those hypothetical custom items to be revealing while still offering protection (like your custom Revealing items or the Ancient Falmer/Ivory armor from YA).

Just my two cents.

I forgot about the markings. I'll make a skin or two with those.

And I'm open to using a different slot for the rings. My ladies don't seem to have a problem with them, though.

As for the script, it works now, so this is all modder wanking. Some sort of a wet suit option isn't bad but ( a ) furries don't like clothes and ( b ) it's a bunch more work. I could see a harness that would let them carry things (including weapons) in the water. The package thing is perfectly possible but the template I've used is a sandbox that picks one of several target markers randomly, so the NPC just sandboxes around from one to the next. This way I don't have to figure out if the next target is in the water or not.

Also, I just like have a general swimming fix. My vision for the group in Solitude was that they'd be all fooling around their boat, in the water as much as not. Then having them dressed in the water was an immediate nope. So yeah, it's that immersion-breaking.

I'll probably try the SwimEffect solution I outlined above just to see if it works. 

On 1/20/2018 at 3:59 AM, Blaze69 said:

Fixed that issue, turns out im insane, sorry for the confusion

HOLY CRAP that took effort

so, wackyness happens with a Jenga-esk  Ancient install of Skyrim

Aparently To get things to work perfectly i needed Race menu 2.9 and ece and ece more sliders.........     otherwise everything explodes... no i dont know why.... no i cant explain why i thought about installing those.... nor why it worked... but it did

so if your having issues with random body scale issues, and race menu forgetting your scales... and your otter changing height when changing shoes....

you need all this wacky shit.

hallellua      HOLY SHIT     im going to bed

v1 is up!

This contains all the functionality we've talked about. The NPCs in Solitude sandbox around their boat and strip to swim using the mechanism I described above. They get a magic effect when they start swimming that looks for when they leave the water and puts their clothes back on at that point. It's a simple one-shot timer, so it won't go crazy and run forever. A funny-nice side effect of this mechanism is they wait a few seconds to dry off after getting out of the water before putting their clothes back on. I think it's less load on the system than catching every swim animation. I'm happy with it--two simple scripts instead of one complicated one.

NPCs are there as before. There are six: Quicksilver and Limber are the leaders of the group, the oldest and most experienced. Slotter and Pearl are full adults. Smudge and Lithe are the youngest--this is their first trip out into the wide world. As full adults, Limber and Pearl have the tattoos but I haven't done much with them yet. I'm imagining that as the eldest, Limber should have a full set and Pearl should have a more minimal set, but I haven't done that.

Schlong varieties are regular SOS, BD Hoodie unsheathing, normal; and unsheathing big-balls versions.

Pussy jewelry should be craftable and is worn by the leaders (Limber and Pearl). Lithe hasn't earned hers yet. It's likely not to look good on anyone but otters.

Smudge and Lithe are supposed to be potential followers, but the dialog isn't triggering. Use a follower mod for now. 

GD, I'm thinking you'll take this and play with it and come back if you want tweaks, like more & different tattoo variants. Think about if you want them very sharp, as now and as in your concept art, or rougher with a more natural feel.