SO! jsut an issue i wanan bring up, Good mod, i love what you do bad dog- i am having an odd problem with the female Textures/ Mesh. i dont know what the issue is exactly. I use CBBE, and when i choose the female of the Cellan, it does this odd thing where the nipples and clit on the model are streached a few inches from the body while the body itself looks saggy.... it's hard to describe, ill try to grab a screenshot

10 hours ago, Dragonhunter4321 said:

has an engorged clit, and the breasts are a little wonky

That's actually intentional. Female Otters use their own body. Here's an image of it loaded up in Nifskope

OtterNif.png.d87757cbdea7c46f041c2070cc38c82e.png

The vagina is a custom mesh created to be more animalistic I guess. Anyways, female Otters will use this mesh instead of whatever body replacer you have installed (in your case, you mentioned CBBE) in order to achieve that effect.

I'm assuming you downloaded the CBBE textures, but otterfemalebody_0.nif and otterfemalebody_1.nif (located in meshes\actors\character\cellan) need to be replaced with the proper CBBE meshes or else it'll keep using the non-CBBE body.

I'd actually completely forgotten about this, so I went and stuck together a CBBE body for the otters. But it should work without a patch whichever body you're using. 

Edit: So what do people want? I made a quick and dirty CBBE body but I'm not getting any physics on it--maybe because of the extra labia mesh? But I'm getting physics on the UNP body. So providing a CBBE body means debugging that, whatever it is, or else adding the pussy as a separate nif, maybe using SOS, or dropping them altogether. 

I'm inclined just to leave things as they are.

• 1 month later...

Hey, this is going to be a bit odd and nitpicky, but I figured I'd mention it.

I made a new Cellan intending to do a had-to-hand playthrough (unarmed) and was wondering why I could barely hit the enemies. I had to basically be hugging them to punch them, and even then it was spotty. After poking through my recent mods and finding nothing, I came back to this one and found that you set the Unarmed Reach value for the race and its vampire counterpart to 1 instead of 96, which explained a lot, lol.

Like I said, super minor thing, and I already fixed it on my end, but I thought I'd say something in case you feel it's worth uploading a fixed version for.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Let me start off by saying this mod is super unique, and awesome, and I really appreciate it. I just need a little bit of help. The question I have is about how to correctly remove the female labia extension. I know it's intended to be more anatomically correct, I'm just personally not fond of it. Prior to using the Cellan race mod, I had never used nifscope before, but just by tinkering around with it, I noticed that the labia had its own separate mesh, and I was actually able to successfully remove it simply by deleting the entire branch labeled, "NiTriShape Labia" in both the "otterfemalebody_0" and "otterfemalebody_1" files, and it worked perfectly. However, that was with the v1.01 version of the mod, and if I try to make the same modifications with the newer v2 versions, the game crashes if my character undresses. I did notice that with the newer versions there is now a file labeled “otterfemalebody.tri” which version 1.01 didn’t have. My assumption is that the game may be crashing because the body mesh files with my modifications now don’t match the .tri file, but that's just a guess, and I don’t how to edit .tri files, or what program I would need for them. Could somebody offer me some pointers or instructions on how to correctly remove the  labia extension/protrusion? I don't mean to sound demanding, or like I expect someone to do everything for me, I just have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Any help or instructions would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for this awesome mod! :)

Good question. That tri file has to do with making bodyslide modifications to the underlying body, but I don't actually know how to deal with it. If you copy the body you fixed from the prior version into the new version it might work? But I don't know where the tri file is referenced from.

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Good question. That tri file has to do with making bodyslide modifications to the underlying body, but I don't actually know how to deal with it. If you copy the body you fixed from the prior version into the new version it might work? But I don't know where the tri file is referenced from.

The path to the matching TRI is actually stored inside each nif as an extra data string (under one of the NiTriShapes, actually), so when you replace TRI-matched nifs with other nifs, there's two options: either the new ones don't include a TRI path and thus the TRI is ignored, or the new ones include their own TRI paths to wherever their original location was, in which case the TRI is ignored and the one in the original path is used instead. Either way, the TRI is ignored.

In this case this is an edit to the existing nifs so the TRI path should still be there, but a mismatched TRI shouldn't cause any crashes, it just means Bodyslide ingame morphs won't actually work on the otter body because the TRI won't load. Even if they were in SE (which I assume they are not) and the "mismatched TRI causes CTD" bug also applied to Bodyslide TRIs and not just head ones (which we don't know for now), the crash happens when the game attempts to apply the morphs, so in this case the crash would only happen if there's any Bodyslide-morph-applying mod acting on the player and, y'know, applying those morphs so the game tries to load them from the TRI.

On 12/25/2020 at 7:02 AM, Sombah Dee said:

the game crashes if my character undresses.

I'd say either corrupted nifs from the NiTriShape removal operation (do you have the latest version of NifSkope? Maybe try using Outfit Studio for that instead) or skeleton-related shenanigans (did you install XPMSE properly?).

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The path to the matching TRI is actually stored inside each nif as an extra data string (under one of the NiTriShapes, actually), so when you replace TRI-matched nifs with other nifs, there's two options: either the new ones don't include a TRI path and thus the TRI is ignored, or the new ones include their own TRI paths to wherever their original location was, in which case the TRI is ignored and the one in the original path is used instead. Either way, the TRI is ignored.

In this case this is an edit to the existing nifs so the TRI path should still be there, but a mismatched TRI shouldn't cause any crashes, it just means Bodyslide ingame morphs won't actually work on the otter body because the TRI won't load. Even if they were in SE (which I assume they are not) and the "mismatched TRI causes CTD" bug also applied to Bodyslide TRIs and not just head ones (which we don't know for now), the crash happens when the game attempts to apply the morphs, so in this case the crash would only happen if there's any Bodyslide-morph-applying mod acting on the player and, y'know, applying those morphs so the game tries to load them from the TRI.

I'd say either corrupted nifs from the NiTriShape removal operation (do you have the latest version of NifSkope? Maybe try using Outfit Studio for that instead) or skeleton-related shenanigans (did you install XPMSE properly?).

To answer your questions, if I replace the "otterfemalebody" files in version 2.6 with my modified ones from version 1.01, the game still crashes if the character is undressed. (regardless if the .tri file is in the folder or not.) Afterwards I receive this message:

"Skyrim has crashed due to a missing NiNode. This could indicate an incompatible skeleton, make sure you: 1. Have XPMS skeleton installed. 2. Don't have another skeleton overwrite XPMS in your mod manager. 3. Have run FNIS. If this happened while you removed a clothing item it's definitely incompatible skeleton."

I do not use any skeleton extension mod, I didn't notice it being mentioned as a requirement for the Cellan race on the mod page. The version of NifScope I have is "2.0 Dev7" and the way I removed the labia extension was just by right-clicking on the entire entry labeled "NiTriShape Labia [4]" then opening "Block" from the pop-up menu, and scrolling down and selecting "remove." If the issue is that I improperly removed the NiTriShape data, does anyone know how I should have done it properly? I just wonder why this method worked for version 1.01, but not the later ones. Also, I don't know if it matters here, but I do use FNIS, (Version 7.6) and I have run it.  

Again, thanks for all your help and suggestions. I really do appreciate it. (I rarely ever seem to get a response if I ask a question on the site that starts with an "N.") :)

(P.S, I meant to include Bad Dog in my response as well, but I couldn't figure out how to do multi-quotes.)

8 hours ago, Sombah Dee said:

I do not use any skeleton extension mod,

That's your problem. You NEED XPMSE.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE

I didn't notice it being mentioned as a requirement for the Cellan race on the mod page

That's true, but honestly, at this point in Skyrim's modding life everyone should know better and just always use XPMSE no matter what and no questions asked, period.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 2:53 AM, Blaze69 said:

That's your problem. You NEED XPMSE.

Sorry for the late response, but Installing XPMSE definitely fixed/resolved the issue. Thanks for the suggestion. 

On 12/29/2020 at 2:53 AM, Blaze69 said:

That's true, but honestly, at this point in Skyrim's modding life everyone should know better and just always use XPMSE no matter what and no questions asked, period.

As for why I don't have a skeleton framework installed, until now I've never used a mod in any of my serious playthroughs that specifically required one, and I've heard them to be notoriously finicky and difficult to work with, and that they can cause all sorts of issues, so I avoided using them if possible. I'm still fairly new to modding, and Skyrim is the first video game I've ever actually modded, (I didn't even have access to a gaming PC until 2014) so I had to learn absolutely everything from the ground up, and it was a lot to take in. So I apologize for my general cluelessness, and if many of the questions I ask seem like no-brainers, but whenever I run into an issue I at least try to learn how to fix it myself first, rather than expecting a mod author to solve it for me like I've seen some other players do. Modding in general, while super fun and fulfilling, can also be very daunting to learn, and requires quite a bit of time and effort put into it. Anyways, thanks for all the help. The Cellan race to me is one of the most unique and well-made race mods out there, and it's worth all the extra effort. To anyone involved in this mod, keep up the good work. I'd love to see mods for other members of the weasel family too, like a ferret or pine marten race mod.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

Would anyone happen to have a backup up of the previous Cellan Hoodies file for LE, before the new hoodies system was implemented (when it was a .esm file instead of an .esp) and is willing to share? Can't get any of these to work for any of the extra species mods that require it unless said mods have an SOS option (such as the recent Selachii mod and the ungulates mod) so I'm doing a rollback on those species that only feature the hoodie system and this is the only one I'm missing so far... Thanks in advance! :)

6 hours ago, zankurous said:

Hello!

Would anyone happen to have a backup up of the previous Cellan Hoodies file for LE, before the new hoodies system was implemented (when it was a .esm file instead of an .esp) and is willing to share? Can't get any of these to work for any of the extra species mods that require it unless said mods have an SOS option (such as the recent Selachii mod and the ungulates mod) so I'm doing a rollback on those species that only feature the hoodie system and this is the only one I'm missing so far... Thanks in advance! :)

I believe the old Ya <=9 SOS collection has a Hoodie .esm ?

19 minutes ago, MonVert said:

I believe the old Ya <=9 SOS collection has a Hoodie .esm ?

Indeed it does, but I already had the BadDogSchlongCore.esm. (core file) Now I'm only missing the .esp files of the cellan hoodies themselves (Normal and BB). Thanks anyway though! :)

11 minutes ago, zankurous said:

Indeed it does, but I already had the BadDogSchlongCore.esm. (core file) Now I'm only missing the .esp files of the cellan hoodies themselves (Normal and BB). Thanks anyway though! :)

Did you try the oldest copy on the nexus? I don't believe the BBSchlong was one of the original .esps

10 hours ago, MonVert said:

Did you try the oldest copy on the nexus? I don't believe the BBSchlong was one of the original .esps

Already checked those, no CellanHoodieschlong. esp in sight... :(

That's odd. I could have sworn there was a BBSchlong.esp that used the old system...

Once again, thanks anyway! :)

2 minutes ago, zankurous said:

Already checked those, no CellanHoodieschlong. esp in sight... :(

That's odd. I could have sworn there was a BBSchlong.esp that used the old system...

Once again, thanks anyway! :)

I don't think there ever was a separate Cellanhoodieschlong.esp until the most recent BDHoodie update.

• 3 weeks later...