4 hours ago, GDelscribe said:

Hey could someone supply me with a maya compatable version of the skyrim extended skeleton. I'll be posting screens of the objects soon.

Oh, are you planning to rig the meshes yourself? Or is it just to conform them to the body/skeleton before any further work?

I don't recall seeing anything about using Maya to work on Skyrim meshes past base mesh creation because AFAIK there's no available NIF export tools for it. It's either Max with the official plugin or Blender 2.49b with the old one. But I haven't really looked into it so I may be wrong.

If it's for reference only you should be able to skip the skeleton and instead export the base Cellan body as OBJ from NifSkope or Outfit Studio and import it to Maya; it will be in the base "T-pose" which is how you want to place your meshes prior to rigging. Otherwise, if it's for rigging, I could help with that as long as the meshes are not too complex.

Its for conforming things to the body and also re-posing the mesh to make sure that I don't screw up the vertexes in a dumb way on things like the shoulder armor.

A DAE of both the male and female skeleton would be really helpful, since I'd be using blender 2.49 for export, I just use maya for making the original models since I'm a dumbass when it comes to blender.

I might need your help with exporting later (I usually forget something and screw it up) so I may send you some of the models in wip later and get your oppinion.

I remember back when niftools accepted DAE imports before skyrim 1.5 and man I wish theyd never killed that feature because it used to save me so much damn time haha

But Im getting off topic. Anyway yeah I could really use those skeletons.

*Edit- These armors are being designed to work with any and all of BD's schlongs for yiffy age and the standard UNP body so they should be fully SOS -Revealing compatable and work with all of the digitigrade bodies. I'll also be doing boots so you wont have to just have bare feet forever. Fun times ahead.

So yeah please send me those skeletons asap because Im dumb as shit with blender and can't get 2.49 to work for the life of me.

22 minutes ago, GDelscribe said:

Its for conforming things to the body and also re-posing the mesh to make sure that I don't screw up the vertexes in a dumb way on things like the shoulder armor.

So... you only need the body meshes themselves, then? I'm a bit confused here, and I think you may be mixing up "skeletons" and "bodies".

If you want to alter the shape and placement of the clothing meshes to make sure they are where they should be and fit the body shape (which is what you want, right?), then you don't need the skeletons, just the body meshes in their base position. As I said, it's as simple as exporting the male and female body meshes from NifSkope or Outfit Studio as OBJ files and then importing those OBJs into Maya. Conform your clothing/armor meshes to those bodies in that pose, and that's it; next step is rigging, but more on that below.

Only reason for wanting to get the actual game skeleton itself (with the bones and armatures and stuff) into Blender would be to either create animations or to rig an armor mesh to said skeleton. The former is obviously not the case here, and as for the latter, I have no idea on how to rig Skyrim stuff in Blender; you would have to talk to Bad Dog about that since he does know blender-fu.

I usually export any meshes as OBJs from the modeling program and then import them into Outfit Studio and rig them there; all that's needed for it is to have the imported mesh in the proper base pose already.

TL;DR:

• Option A: I send you male and female bodies as OBJs, you fit your meshes to those bodies, and then you send me your fitted meshes as OBJs. I take care of importing into nif and rigging them in Outfit Studio.
  • Option B: you talk to Bad Dog about working with Skyrim meshes and rigging in Blender. He should be able to guide you through the process.

EDIT: for Option A, I can actually send you the body meshes in any format Blender can export to (Including DAE) if that's necessary, but since OBJ is so widespread I'd be really surprised if Maya does not support OBJ files, and I think it's easier to send it as OBJ right away from NifSkope/OS.

No I mean I'm literally asking for the skelton itself like, I have the bodies I'm using them as reference to make the new meshes, I literally just need the skeletons in a DAE format, if you could help me that'd be great. Thats all lmao

I'm not completely inept ;p

Its just my preferred platform to work with, really 

I'm not screwing anything up here or making a mistake I just, really need those files because I can't convert to and from nif effectively.

Its... really not important why I need them either?? I just know that for what I want to do I really need a copy of the male and the female skeltons to rig the mesh for posing and the only non nif files out there right now are .max which are a proprietary mess that is absolutely worthless for me.

So please. If you can help me, Please do.

25 minutes ago, GDelscribe said:

No I mean I'm literally asking for the skelton itself like, I have the bodies I'm using them as reference to make the new meshes, I literally just need the skeletons in a DAE format, if you could help me that'd be great. Thats all lmao

Oh, right. I get it now. Sorry for the mix up.

Then unfortunately I can't help you with that :classic_undecided:. As I said I don't touch anything having to do with bones and rigging in Blender, I only use it for mesh manipulation and the rigging stuff happens all in Outfit Studio. Again, you'll have to speak with Bad Dog for that, since he does seem to work with those tools.

Quick thought, though: have you tried importing the skeleton nifs themselves into Blender 2.49b and then exporting from there as DAE? I don't know if there's any special setting or step involved but I'd say that's basically what needs to be done to get what you want. Otherwise no, I haven't seen any Skyrim skeleton files apart from the Max ones you mentioned already (and I don't have Max anymore so I can't export those as DAE for you either).

• 1 month later...

Just started a new character, first start, the 3rd person camera went to the floor, quit the game, went back in, re-loaded the RaceMenu I made for it, then it worked, started as a shipwreck, swimming a long in 3rd person so I don't crash into anything then poof, 3rd person went into orbit.  Not had this issue with any other race, so I'm at a loss as to what is happening, I looked for prerequisites and there doesn't appear to be any.  I was swimming to where I guess the NPCs are in a boat, but I didn't get that far before poof, no 3rd person.

EDIT:  Checked textures, usually they cause chaos, but only one it compressed was Textures\ACTORS\character\CellanFemale\FemaleHands_S.dds

EDIT2:  It was the texture not being compressed.  As soon as I exited the initial character creation, bam camera hit the floor, but since it was compressed, no issues whatsoever.

EDIT3:  Well, actually no issues with the game camera, but the head/shoulder texture lighting seems "off" and not sure but the melee range on her seems to be very small, she can't punch a mudcrab bitting her feet unless her back is horizontal.5acc004287e6d_Apr9201814_31_20.thumb.jpg.c9607404cf3c4257a5110f7bc02ec1f3.jpg5acc00330802d_Apr9201820_03_36.thumb.jpg.4b5dbc1233c0c6996e6f10f1f1d30aae.jpg

Yes, I know... textures.  Really don't know how you all do that stuff, can't even fathom how you do it.

GuruSR.

You're telling me textures being off can cause problems with the camera? Never seen that. As for striking distance, I just copied one of the other races--probably khajiit--and didn't do much in the way of modifications (except for swimming). I think you have an odd skyrim install. 

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

As for striking distance, I just copied one of the other races--probably khajiit--and didn't do much in the way of modifications (except for swimming).

Actually the "Unarmed Reach" parameter in the Cellan race data is set to 1 instead of 96 as it should, so that explains it.

Ive actually also had some wierd issues with camera sometimes where the first and 3rd person camera will sit down at the bottom of the character's root, between the feet, until I save and reload. I dont think its this mod doing it but It keeps happening despite trying multiple times to do a full clean install.

Hey Bad Dog, mind if I ask you a question real quick regarding Cellans and potentially YA?

So my problem is this:

Every once in a while, it seems like the Cellan Sheath plugin just freaks out, and it will start rapidly shifting between all available meshes. I'm talking like flipping between 5-7 meshes in a second. In accordance with this, the BDSOSSchlong scripts throw a massive shit fit, to the point where I'll end up with a Papyrus log file that's 150MB+. Even if I then tell the game to give my player no schlong, it will actually just keep cycling, and occasionally the schlong will be removed at some points during this cycle, but mostly it just keeps freaking out.

If I mess with settings, I can eventually get it to stop cycling through meshes (though it still won't unequip properly) and it seems possible to get it back into working order if I go into SLA, manually set arousal to 0, go back to the game, go to SLA again, disable SOS integration, and then change schlongs in the SOS menu. If I then restart my game and equip the Cellan Sheath again, it'll be fine for a while, but any time it has to switch meshes, there's a chance it will start this process all over again.

The two relevant things I can salvage from this monstrous log file is that this is repeated about a thousand times

warning: Function BDSOSSchlongQuest..HandleAnimationEvent in stack frame 1 in stack 1862947 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save

On game load, followed by this ad infinitum

Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
 VM is freezing...
 VM is frozen
 Dumping stack 1925070:
    Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
    State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
     Type: Normal
     Return register: None
     Has stack callback: No
     Stack trace:
         [alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (4F035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - (requested call)
            [param 0]: [Actor < (00038258)>]
             [param 1]: ""
 Dumping stack 1880605:
     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
     Type: Normal
     Return register: None
     Has stack callback: No
     Stack trace:
         [alias thePlayer on quest BDSOSSchlongQuest (4F035C13)].BDSOSSchlongPlayer.OnAnimationEventEX() - (requested call)

Eventually the Return Register line changes to [Armor and then "sos" but I honestly have no idea what it's freaking out about, other than maybe parameter one. It's not actually blank, but it has an unregistered unicode character in the log

None of the other schlong addons do this if I use them, just the Cellan ones. I've tried reinstalling things in numerous orders, letting it overwrite things, letting it not overwrite things, and I just can't seem to get it sorted. I don't see anyone else here complaining about this either, so I feel like it's something I'm doing. But if I'm not mistaken, the Cellan Sheath addon runs off the same script as all the other addons included in YA, and I would assume uses the same logic, so why is it only freaking out about the Cellan addons?

Thanks for your time. Huge fan of your mods so far, but it's really frustrating having my playthrough grind to a halt because the script is freaking out about something and I have to fix it before I can continue.

23 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Could be an interaction between the high heels mechanism and the camera maybe? But none of the YA users have reported it.

Maybe due to the edited skeleton instead? I've never seen anything like what GuruSR and GDelscribe are talking about, but I've always replaced the digi skeletons with standard plantigrade ones so that may be the reason.

I run with the digitigrade skeletons. Are you guys running with XPMSE enabled? Which version? Could be some sort of version mismatch problem.

@Ryokentaru, that has been reported very occasionally. If you disable SLA/SOS integration, does the problem still happen?

Based on the various error messages it seems like your save is messed up. I would do a clean reinstall of SOS + SLA + the cellan schlongs and see if that helps.

(Go to a small inside area with few NPCs like a basement or cottage, save, exit, uninstall, restart, let everything settle, save, exit, clean your save, restart, let everything settle, save, reinstall.)

• 3 weeks later...

So update on my situation, I've found the culprit. FloppySOS does not play nice with ANY sheathed schlongs it seems. I recently had this issue start happening on a playthrough that had been going fine for several hours worth of play time as a Breton (which in this case is the Fennec race) and noticed that I started getting the same problem when I returned to my house in Markarth. The only thing I did between my last location and then was mess with FloppySOS' settings, mainly setting it from "Manual" to "Erection Detection" and also checking "disable HDTM.xml" as without it, the collisions that Bad Dog added to YA some updates ago causes the balls to fly off into space during most animations.

I'm not sure which of the two settings actually causes it yet, I will need to test some more and I'm out of time for right now, but I'll post an update once I've completely singled it out. That being said, at least for the time being it may not be a bad idea to list FloppySOS as incompatible with anything that uses the sheathing schlongs.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:47 AM, Bad Dog said:

I run with the digitigrade skeletons. Are you guys running with XPMSE enabled? Which version? Could be some sort of version mismatch problem.

@Ryokentaru, that has been reported very occasionally. If you disable SLA/SOS integration, does the problem still happen?

Based on the various error messages it seems like your save is messed up. I would do a clean reinstall of SOS + SLA + the cellan schlongs and see if that helps.

(Go to a small inside area with few NPCs like a basement or cottage, save, exit, uninstall, restart, let everything settle, save, exit, clean your save, restart, let everything settle, save, reinstall.)

Im using the standard release of xmpse thats on here,  however there could be an issue thats arising from installing the hdt vulva mod and then this if the skeletons are incompatible. Now that I think on it it almost always only happens as a lady.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, GDelscribe said:

Shit I didnt know that, I'll try fixing that

Bethesda decided to do a 1990's style physics engine with it tied directly to the frame rate. Its a symptom of them being a small studio and wanting to keep it that way (as are the bugs).

On 10/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, Rockat said:

Anyone having issues with clothes not following the bodyslide preset with female otters? No other race seems to be affected, and the body has the bodyslide preset applied correctly.

If you mean female Cellan bodies not using the same body meshes as the other races and/or ignoring the RaceMenu UUNP sliders, then that's because they have their own separate body paths and meshes. They use the UUNP Special body with the 7B Natural preset and have also been edited to match the original design of their lady bits (see the pics upthread), but don't have the proper morph .tri files so they can't follow UUNP sliders ingame.

If you want to fix it, you can edit their NakedTorso AA to point to the vanilla female body paths instead of their custom one, but then Cellans won't have proper otter bits anymore. Not sure if that would be an acceptable tradeoff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As mentioned in the Bird topic here's an Alpha conversion of the Cellan race to SSE.  schlongs probably aren't broken. there are some seams. Base race works though. Time to pass out and sleep. it's 8am. Why am I still awake? oh right, I'm an idiot who gets weirdly motivated when very tired.

CellanRace.7z

Edit: I did not have SexLab loaded when testing. It is why Schlongs are untested.

Edit2: I'm an idiot.