Starting Over, Need Help

Queen Bee

Hey folks, long time member returning after a lengthy hiatus here. It's literally been over a year since I last played Skyrim, and in that time I have forgotten most of what I knew about installing mods and maintaining the load order, and so on. I would greatly appreciate some help.

This is NOT the Special Edition I'm working with.

I've already installed SKSE, MO, LOOT, FNIS, Bodyslide, HDT Physics, Realistic Ragdolls And Force, and the unofficial patches for Skyrim and the DLC.

The problem I always run into when modding is that I find a mod I want, and it requires other mods, that require other mods, that require other mods, that require...you see where I'm going.

I always get so overwhelmed that I don't know what to do, and I end up sitting at my computer staring at my screen like an idiot. I've already read up on a lot of tutorials, but a lot of them seem to be written in some dialect of English with which I am not familiar. I would appreciate some dumbed down, step-by-step how to's. It's okay if you talk to me like I'm a child, that really is the only way I'll understand.

The topics I need help on are:

1. TESV5: What The Fuck?
  2. Wryebash: No, Seriously, What The Fuck?
  3. Body Skins and Replacers: Skyrim Needs Prettier Women and Handsomer Men.
  4. Bodyslide, UUNP, HDT, and X32 Skeleton: Help! I'm Drowning In Options Menus And I Can't Swim!
  5. HDT Vaginas and SOS: How Do?
  6. ENBs: Tell Me How To Make Pretty Lights And Shadows.
  7. Armor Replacers: Which Ones Work With HDT and Bodyslide? Can I Make Them Work If They Don't?

There are, I'm sure, other topics that I need help on that I haven't thought of, but those do for now.

I realize I'm asking for a lot, and right after coming back without really getting involved in the community again. I get it, it's a little rude. But seriously, help me out here and I will sing your praises to anyone who listens. Because whose awesome? You, motherfucker. You.

If you have all of the DLC's should get rid of the single unofficial patches and just get usleep instead which all of the unofficial patches merged into one. Unless you have a old outdated mod that requires all of those single patches then you'll have to stay with them or get rid of the outdated one for something else.

TESV5 can be used to makes sure your load order is correct as it can tell you if you have master below a item needing it to be above it. Can also be used to alter .esp's but only do it if you know what you are doing.

Never used wryebash for skyrim but I have used it for oblivion and the oblivion one allowed you to look at all of my save files and tell me what the load order was for each save that was made so that I could set it back up that way if I wanted to go back to a older save.

You could download the all in one animated HDT body mod that is found here on LL that has everything you could ever want for the UUNP body including skins and animated vagina.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2476-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/

With bodyslide you can convert a non bodyslide outfit to a bodyslide version. There are tutorials on how to do it on youtube. I only use the outfit studios part for making and importing outfits.

1 hour ago, Queen Bee said:

The topics I need help on are:

1. TESV5: What The Fuck?
  2. Wryebash: No, Seriously, What The Fuck?
  3. Body Skins and Replacers: Skyrim Needs Prettier Women and Handsomer Men.
  4. Bodyslide, UUNP, HDT, and X32 Skeleton: Help! I'm Drowning In Options Menus And I Can't Swim!
  5. HDT Vaginas and SOS: How Do?
  6. ENBs: Tell Me How To Make Pretty Lights And Shadows.
  7. Armor Replacers: Which Ones Work With HDT and Bodyslide? Can I Make Them Work If They Don't?

two places  you can check for information is the STEP guide (google can find this super easy) and the Guide by Madmansgun 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

i will try to cover what i can of your points

1 - TESVEdit (TES5Edit) - is a utility program that can do some changes to mods, clean mods that need it, make a merged patch (conflict resolution between mods that cannot be 

done a different away), and more

2 - Wyrebash - utility that can be used as a mod manager, allows you to change the esp/esm switch on mods (very useful at times), and makes a bashed patch (this will handle

multiple mods changing the leveled lists so that you get all of those modification in the game at the same time, as well as gives a "missing master" warning for missing

master files and/or misplaced master files)

3  A - bodyskins - there are 2 main types of bodyreplacers CBBE or UUNP (there are many more but those are the main 2) both take a little work to install,

UUNP is a bit more technical than CBBE and it is a matter of personal taste mainly.

UUNP is installed manually piece by piece (body, skins, textures), CBBE is more plug and play (it does all that for you)

B - replacers - there are literally to many to even attempt to name here, you can find replacers for most of the games npcs  (a large selection here and nexus)

armor/clothing replacers are dependent on body type (section 3 A)

4 - A - UUNP - this is a body replacer and after installation it needs to have bodyslide run so that it appears correctly in game (CBBE should have it run also)

B - Bodyslide - utility program to change bodyshape and adjust armors to fit the adjusted shapes,  the STEP guide has how to install for MO users, and there are

a lot of tutorials on how to use

C - HDT - physics for in game use (bouncing parts on bodys, moving hair, clothes that move, and lots more that can do the same)

D - XP32 Skeleton - get the XPMSE skeleton by Groovetama it has all the feature of the regular XP32 and more, it has an installer (if you do not understand a choice just 

use the installers default recommendations and you should be ok)

5 - A - SOS - this is the naughty parts for men

B - HDT Vagina - this is dependent on your individual bodyreplacer (see 3A) but there is a couple of downloads that can guide you through the process for both

UUNP or CBBE.  i personalley use the one by  HeroedeLeyenda (link https://www.loverslab.com/profile/604914-heroedeleyenda/ ) and found it

easy to install, and it works for both CBBE and UUNP.

6 - ENB - sorry i won't be any help here i don't use an ENB

7 - Armor replacers - choose armor replacers to match your chosen bodyreplacer, and you will have to read the individual replacers to see if they are set to use HDT and 

Bodyslide (if the individual mod does not say it uses it it is safer to assume it does not).  you can (with some work) make any armor replacer work

with HDT and Bodyslide (but it is a daunting task if you have never done it before and can be very time consuming also).

hope this information is helpful 

lol took me so long looking up links and typing that Myuhinny beat me to posting by a miel (and then some)

On 11/25/2017 at 4:43 PM, myuhinny said:

If you have all of the DLC's should get rid of the single unofficial patches and just get usleep instead which all of the unofficial patches merged into one. Unless you have a old outdated mod that requires all of those single patches then you'll have to stay with them or get rid of the outdated one for something else.

TESV5 can be used to makes sure your load order is correct as it can tell you if you have master below a item needing it to be above it. Can also be used to alter .esp's but only do it if you know what you are doing.

Never used wryebash for skyrim but I have used it for oblivion and the oblivion one allowed you to look at all of my save files and tell me what the load order was for each save that was made so that I could set it back up that way if I wanted to go back to a older save.

You could download the all in one animated HDT body mod that is found here on LL that has everything you could ever want for the UUNP body including skins and animated vagina.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2476-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/

With bodyslide you can convert a non bodyslide outfit to a bodyslide version. There are tutorials on how to do it on youtube. I only use the outfit studios part for making and importing outfits.

Thank you, USLEEP is a very helpful file to have. TESV5 is fucking confusing. I've read the tutorials and I still don't understand how to make it work for me. I keep getting CTDs and game crashes, and I'm sure TESV5 would help, but I have no fucking clue how.

Also, thank you for the link to the HDT vagina. I wish I'd had that sooner, because I installed Naturalistic HDT Jiggle and Collision Set. I don't know if the all in one is better, but it certainly sounds easier (It took forever to get Naturalistic to work).

I know about Bodyslide, I just suck at using it. Also, it's really annoying when updating new armors so they jiggle correctly (i.e. leather and cloth but not metal). If anyone knows a simpler way, please dear god tell me.

On 11/25/2017 at 5:16 PM, valcon767 said:

two places  you can check for information is the STEP guide (google can find this super easy) and the Guide by Madmansgun 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

i will try to cover what i can of your points

1 - TESVEdit (TES5Edit) - is a utility program that can do some changes to mods, clean mods that need it, make a merged patch (conflict resolution between mods that cannot be 

done a different away), and more

2 - Wyrebash - utility that can be used as a mod manager, allows you to change the esp/esm switch on mods (very useful at times), and makes a bashed patch (this will handle

multiple mods changing the leveled lists so that you get all of those modification in the game at the same time, as well as gives a "missing master" warning for missing

master files and/or misplaced master files)

3  A - bodyskins - there are 2 main types of bodyreplacers CBBE or UUNP (there are many more but those are the main 2) both take a little work to install,

UUNP is a bit more technical than CBBE and it is a matter of personal taste mainly.

UUNP is installed manually piece by piece (body, skins, textures), CBBE is more plug and play (it does all that for you)

B - replacers - there are literally to many to even attempt to name here, you can find replacers for most of the games npcs  (a large selection here and nexus)

armor/clothing replacers are dependent on body type (section 3 A)

4 - A - UUNP - this is a body replacer and after installation it needs to have bodyslide run so that it appears correctly in game (CBBE should have it run also)

B - Bodyslide - utility program to change bodyshape and adjust armors to fit the adjusted shapes,  the STEP guide has how to install for MO users, and there are

a lot of tutorials on how to use

C - HDT - physics for in game use (bouncing parts on bodys, moving hair, clothes that move, and lots more that can do the same)

D - XP32 Skeleton - get the XPMSE skeleton by Groovetama it has all the feature of the regular XP32 and more, it has an installer (if you do not understand a choice just 

use the installers default recommendations and you should be ok)

5 - A - SOS - this is the naughty parts for men

B - HDT Vagina - this is dependent on your individual bodyreplacer (see 3A) but there is a couple of downloads that can guide you through the process for both

UUNP or CBBE.  i personalley use the one by  HeroedeLeyenda (link https://www.loverslab.com/profile/604914-heroedeleyenda/ ) and found it

easy to install, and it works for both CBBE and UUNP.

6 - ENB - sorry i won't be any help here i don't use an ENB

7 - Armor replacers - choose armor replacers to match your chosen bodyreplacer, and you will have to read the individual replacers to see if they are set to use HDT and 

Bodyslide (if the individual mod does not say it uses it it is safer to assume it does not).  you can (with some work) make any armor replacer work

with HDT and Bodyslide (but it is a daunting task if you have never done it before and can be very time consuming also).

hope this information is helpful 

lol took me so long looking up links and typing that Myuhinny beat me to posting by a miel (and then some)

I know what all of those programs are and what they do. Not to be rude, but I've been playing Skyrim for years, I'm not a noob. I'm just really rusty after over a year of not playing, and I've never really buckled down and tried my hand at the more major modifications. Things like ENBs and graphical upgrades that make the game look real pretty. I finally have a computer beefy enough to do that, but I just have no idea where to start or how to do it. I've asked questions on the LL Discord and had them answered by some very helpful individuals (thanks guys!), but the game doesn't look any better outside of the basics (like SMIM and so on). I'm rockin' a GTX 1070 with 16gb of ram, so it's not that.

And as I mentioned above, I'm dealing with constant CTDs on load and random crashes ("Skyrim has stopped working"), and I have no idea why. To top it all off, for some reason I can't get Papyrus to generate logs (the log folder doesn't even show up in my Skyrim folder - and yes, I'm looking in the right folder), so I can't even look at what was running when it crashed.

I'm tempted to wipe and start all over. It would only really take me another day of fiddling, and then I could do it more slowly, one mod at a time, to make sure everything works. But god, is that tedious and annoying. Oh well, such is the life of those who play modded Skyrim, right?

Crash on load sounds like you have too many scripts running at one time in your save file. Try this as a test.  Start the game and when you get to the start new game hit the ~ key to bring up the game console and type in COC testinghall this'll warp you to the in games testing hall. From here bring up the load game screen and try to load the save you trying to load that is causing the crash. If it loads without a problem then that'll tell you that your problem is too many active scripts in the save file.

When you start the game and try to load the save file right from the main screen when the save file starts to load up every single script file that you have active in that save file all start swinging their dick around trying to show how badass they are and try to be the first to load up.

This on older computers is especially bad because older computers can't handle all the scripts loading at the same time and it'll cause the game to crash. The warping to the testing hall is a trick used to bypass it as when you load the save file from their it bypasses all of those scripts loading at the same time.

If that is the cause then you can download the CTD on load fix on the nexus that'll help prevent it from happening.

Thank you on the CTD load fix mod, I got that and hopefully it'll help.

I decided to try unticking every mod box in MO and starting over, slowly ticking on mods in small batches (making sure to include any dependencies). Things are working fine now, except I keep getting this weird graphical glitch when on the road between Whiterun and Riverwood. The screen keeps flickering, and each time it does, my character suddenly switches to the swimming animation and I hear the rush of water. It even does it when I turn off all my mods. I don't get it.

Archived