Anybody else getting annoyed with Patreon "support"?

No worries,

It's what the majority of the site does anyhow and it's fine as some are shy in posting but it's ok if people find use for the mods ;)

I hope you'll continue to enjoy using the stuff shared here and remember that "freedom" also means having the option to survive while putting in the work and making financial and/or personal sacrifices to be a continued contributor this site.

Modders need food to eat too right??

Long live LL!

Agreed. It's not only the abundance of the pages, but also the users of this website not giving a crap about anybody who is not Amra72.

Patreon pages to blame are the ones that aren't trustworthy, or that does not release specific animations unless much later/not at all (Mike is a big example). There are also many that place unfair prices.

Not to keep it going but you're right. I remember early on in Wicked Whims development people actually whined about how many people we trying but learn to animate and complained that quality over quantity is better. There actually was thread started about it somewhere one here. You're supposed to rise above it but it is enough to make you want to keep animations and mods to yourself you know. They ran off alot of animators who were trying to learn and contribute. It's a shame as who knows what they could have done or have done and they just don't share anymore.

Agreed. It's not only the abundance of the pages, but also the users of this website not giving a crap about anybody who is not Amra72.

Patreon pages to blame are the ones that aren't trustworthy, or that does not release specific animations unless much later/not at all (Mike is a big example). There are also many that place unfair prices.

Not to keep it going but you're right. I remember early on in Wicked Whims development people actually whined about how many people we trying but learn to animate and complained that quality over quantity is better. There actually was thread started about it somewhere one here. You're supposed to rise above it but it is enough to make you want to keep animations and mods to yourself you know. They ran off alot of animators who were trying to learn and contribute. It's a shame as who knows what they could have done or have done and they just don't share anymore.

The double standards and contradiction is pretty upsetting :(

Also when quoting the rules at creators, people seem to skip over the first two...

Ashal

05 May 2011

The biggest and most important thing of this community, is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods. Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

Don't be a jerk. Seriously, does this really need to be said?

No modder at this community behaves like an elite and most are generally good natured so let's try keep them and encourage them to share rather than demonizing and upsetting people into quitting,

Redabyss is an example of this.

He single handedly DEVOTED a lot of time and energy to this forum, providing a lot of assistance and tutorials as well as animations and support,

Not once was he paid or did considered patreon for anything he did,

If anything, he supported more pages than anyone I known, financially and vocally,

Yet that's pretty much all taken for granted and very rarely would he receive any feedback for his own animations so he stopped creating, he's now one of the people no longer with us :(

The double standards and contradiction is pretty upsetting :(

Also when quoting the rules at creators, people seem to skip over the first two...

Ashal
05 May 2011
The biggest and most important thing of this community, is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods. Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

Don't be a jerk. Seriously, does this really need to be said?

No modder at this community behaves like an elite and most are generally good natured so let's try keep them and encourage them to share rather than demonizing and upsetting people into quitting,

Redabyss is an example of this.

He single handedly DEVOTED a lot of time and energy to this forum, providing a lot of assistance and tutorials as well as animations and support,

Not once was he paid or did considered patreon for anything he did,
If anything, he supported more pages than anyone I known, financially and vocally,

Yet that's pretty much all taken for granted and very rarely would he receive any feedback for his own animations so he stopped creating, he's now one of the people no longer with us :(

You couldn't have said that better and Red and I talked about that too. It's a true shame as he and Turbo were the only ones to really give a detailed tutorial on how to do animations in blender. I know people aren't supposed to do everything for you or less you won't learn but even back in Sims 3 it was almost as if giving animation help or tips was secret society stuff from some reason. It's a true blow to the Sims community if Red is gone. I thought maybe he was just lurking.... :(

Yea, not to mention that not every "creator" even update on patreon every month

or maybe at times they update very few stuff.

so they screw you over and stole your money

some pages should be closed (slimreaper) but they don't do anything!

I do no steal anything! Before you go accusing people of stealing check your facts my friend. For the record i update every month on patreon with a minimum of 8 animations. so for you to say i do not or don't upload much content is a lie. Just because your impatient and greedy you slander my name. Please keep my name out of your mouth. You should be banned from this site for lying and spreading rumors. Also i did not make the patreon for myself. People asked me to make it so they can support because they like my free stuff. So please stop spreading rumors. I only started animating because i appreciated the other sharing so i decided to share. I have my own life and bills and health to worry about, and animating is time consuming. Those who animate know this. Also just how you pay for early access and dlc for other games, patreon works the same so why is it a problem? Because you want everything free? its very simple, you support you get early access, you have some patience, you will get free stuff like you always do. Or dont support, thats the beauty of it. People like you make me want to stop sharing my work. I think i will report you to the moderators as well..

Hey Slim!

Good to see you're still active :)

Same here!

Patreon wasn't my intention and just like yourself I started mine after a lot of encouragement from others and a lot of hesitation on my part.

Although the comments against you are pretty harsh :(

It's another branch and consequence of the patreon support arguements and an easy mistake for one to make ;)

It's upsetting yes and a little too much was said but it's not really their fault or yours.

It may be difficult but try not take it too personal as it's an example of another issue.

People were upset with patreon previews and Updates been shown here...

So out of consideration it's stopped.

Then people got upset with being left out and not seeing these updates and previews...

So it starts again.

And people complain again.

That's another effect of this debate that is apparently for the community's benifit and supposed to help it thrive.

So sorry to read Red has gone. He was always so helpful and kind, and I loved his animations. I had wondered why he hadn't been around.

I don't begrudge the animators having Patreon at least they're not stealing content from IMVU and Second Life and putting them behind a paywall like a lot of Sim Patreons do.

Also don't like the use of ad.fly which is popular with some creators.

I just can't afford to support the animators here as much as I'd love to and I would never go pay myself as I've always been a free creator since 2009.

I'm not as active as I used to be as I went back to Sims 2 and don't play the adult game like I once did so don't make as much adult cc.

So sorry to read Red has gone. He was always so helpful and kind, and I loved his animations. I had wondered why he hadn't been around.

I don't begrudge the animators having Patreon at least they're not stealing content from IMVU and Second Life and putting them behind a paywall like a lot of Sim Patreons do.

Also don't like the use of ad.fly which is popular with some creators.

I just can't afford to support the animators here as much as I'd love to and I would never go pay myself as I've always been a free creator since 2009.

I'm not as active as I used to be as I went back to Sims 2 and don't play the adult game like I once did so don't make as much adult cc.

It is very saddening and a huge loss,

He's one of many too, like yourself that have shared a lot and receive little feedback or gratitude, despite having posted it all straight here and not to a paysite first.

We spoke about it and ultimately it's saddening to see on a regular basis that creators are being slandered and chased off etc that is the reason for his departure,

Taking the entire contents of this thread into account...

It seems that there is a problem with the "problem with Patreon support" argument and this is affecting Everybody :(

I do no steal anything! Before you go accusing people of stealing check your facts my friend. For the record i update every month on patreon with a minimum of 8 animations. so for you to say i do not or don't upload much content is a lie. Just because your impatient and greedy you slander my name. Please keep my name out of your mouth. You should be banned from this site for lying and spreading rumors. Also i did not make the patreon for myself. People asked me to make it so they can support because they like my free stuff. So please stop spreading rumors. I only started animating because i appreciated the other sharing so i decided to share. I have my own life and bills and health to worry about, and animating is time consuming. Those who animate know this. Also just how you pay for early access and dlc for other games, patreon works the same so why is it a problem? Because you want everything free? its very simple, you support you get early access, you have some patience, you will get free stuff like you always do. Or dont support, thats the beauty of it. People like you make me want to stop sharing my work. I think i will report you to the moderators as well..

I think the problem is, you haven't been updating HERE every month.

Patreon support was allowed on LL as long as those using it were updating every month with the new content they are releasing on Patreon. Your last update was back in August on LL. Moderators are allowing Patreon as long as that content is released every month for free on LL. When you stop updating your content on LL and only stick to Patreon, that is when the problems begin.

Patreon support was allowed on LL as long as those using it were updating every month with the new content they are releasing on Patreon. Your last update was back in August on LL. Moderators are allowing Patreon as long as that content is released every month for free on LL. When you stop updating your content on LL and only stick to Patreon, that is when the problems begin.

Spyder is correct and ALL Patreon creators need to take notice of this, it'll help avoid the majority of the upset.

Even if it's been a tough month,

A little bit of an update is better than nothing ;)

I just checked RedAbyss's guide for animating as I might finally try to do the ones I want myself and it looks like his account is closed..Damn.. :(

Damn indeed :s

All this creator hating stuff is what's pushed him.

He shared a lot of info with me so if you wanna try some stuff, you can PM me anytime and we'll put our affro's together and see what you can do :)

Thats completely understandable. Like i said for those of you who have commented on my page and gave the time to read it. Thanks! I am new to this site and modding. So wherever it said that i am not aware and it was not my intention to make patreon. RedAbyss being helpful and the first to say anything nice to me suggested pateron. That being said i have over 20+ free animations i have here for free! And yet only few care to comment or even say thank you. So yea i do appreciate my patreons and give them more of my focus and time because they show appreciation and give me the drive and inspiration to create more animations more frequent. It seems as if the people complaining are the impatient people who download and run and cant even drop any kinda feedback or gratitude for my time. I was a fan of Amra and mike for a while. Instead of hating amra for not being active and waiting for new stuff i got inspired by them and decided to share and grow creative. I am also a human being with my own job, bills etc, so time is crunched. Yes i have not updated recently, and the reason is my own. I do update here tho! I am troubleshooting animations for patreon and loverslab so it takes time. When i do update you all get 15+ animations at a time so i do not see what the fuss is about. If people do not have the patience, then make your own animations. Amra said it several times when asked to make specific animations. Do it yourself! To be fair i have not stopped updating here, some people are just impatient, and greedy.

I was planning on updating here closer to Halloween because i made a lot of vampire and succubus animations and just been busy with my new job. That might be my last update as well and i may close my patreon or find another route to share my work.

Calm down pepes, no one needs to leave lets just all go back to loving each oher, we all have opinions and sometmes they get heated but we all mean well we know we do, lets just accept the fact that patreon is obviously here to stay, if you like it then thats ok if you dont then dont use it thats ok too.

So for a while, I supported a lot of animators in Patreon, but it adds up fast. I think at one point I was spending like $50 a month on the site before I cut back. Some people have tiers and will give you content only when you are in a higher tier or you have to pay them and wait for a couple months to get the animations, which is bs. I like how Mike24 does it. His $5 tier basically has all animations and his $10 one has extra stuff that is not forced on you. I also admire Amra72. He puts out amazing animations but I have not seen him on Patreon. 

You're kinda contradicting yourself on the Mike stuff :s

Plus he never updated DF animations here... while other people did upload higher tier animations at one point.

D'oh.. I should have phrased it better. My point about Mike was about him having tiers that are not discriminatory like others. For eg. there is a animator(do not wanna name) who has $5/$10/$15. He basically updates one animation file but doesn't release the same one to all his tiers instead he does 3 which is really bad. Comparing this with Mike, he puts out the regular animations for all tiers but if you do a higher tier you get access to an extra package. 

Calm down pepes, no one needs to leave lets just all go back to loving each oher, we all have opinions and sometmes they get heated but we all mean well we know we do, lets just accept the fact that patreon is obviously here to stay, if you like it then thats ok if you dont then dont use it thats ok too.

Nicely said and thank you for the understanding :)

As long as we can all meet in the middle, interesting things happen and it's a nice site to visit!

And people.... If someone goes quiet or holding back on something toooo loooong... Give 'em a friendly poke and some encouragement :D

It's far more powerful than a spiteful blow and something good may come from it ;)

I know this started back with the Sims 3 animations, but now with almost 20+ different animators working on Sims 4 sex animations with literally more then half using patreon to paywall half of their animations - its become annoying.

I used to support Lady666 and that wasn't so bad ($5 a month here and there) but with nearly 14 different patreon accounts that adds up fast for the Sims 4.  This could be a serious issue if patreon continues to enforce and grow their "content guidelines" - or if a patreon page is simply shut down like Lady666 and the animator just vanishes.

I see this as an issue because if that happens, then we literally lose access those animations (that were never shared with the community) unless the creator decides to put them up here eventually which Lady666 never did.  So it can happen. 

More so there are already Sims 4 animators that have stopped updating not only their patreon pages but their files here too...so you basically DO have to pay if you ever want access to those animations.

Obviously how people spend their money is totally up to them and I'm not here to judge the creators - I'm just getting annoyed this is become the norm.

This isn't how the Sims modding community started, everything used to be shared freely.  Heck there used to be people that actually ripped and hacked the paysites out of spite.

Plus its getting to the point where I think i counted over 400+++ sex animations at the moment - there is a point where it just becomes repetitive and your basically deciding on who the better animator is (or did that position better if you will).

*rolls eyes* I am so sick of hearing people complain. I have played The Sim's for 17 years, I've downloaded custom content since it was even a thing. I have and will always support creators. The amount of time it takes to make things, depending upon what it is, is A LOT of time people take away from their lives to make content. Yet everyone is running around like spoiled brats screaming this isn't fair and at the same time sharing Patreon only content. It's sickening. If a creator decides to make content as their job hell yes I will support you if I can. When I had a tiny bit of extra money I have donated to some creators just to show my support before Patreon existed. I will continue to do this and hope to pledge to several more creators once I have the means. 

And you are complaining about too many animations really? It is up to YOU what YOU want in YOUR game you aren't being forced to download every single animation that exists. It is the responsibility of the player to download what CC they want and to take out what they don't. And yes thing's were different before but things change, the community changed and that's what happens in life. 

You are not entitled to anything in life and that is the same exact thing for CC. If someone is working hard and is asking for 5 bucks a month give or take, for support along with early releases etc you can't run around pouting saying it's not fair. 

*mic drop*

Patreon is supposed to be like alternative kickstarter.  The whole idea is to give artist and creators support to start up a business.  Its not supposed to be confused for a merchandise shop.  Your donating to the artist every month not really subscribing to a subscription for new content.  Its just a donation that comes with perks so, to answer the question, no I'm not annoyed of people trying to get other people to support them....

<_<

especially when they're nice enough to give out free content on here! I swear you give someone a snack they're gonna want the whole kitchen smh

Traditional art patronage tends to carry few if any perks. Only the largest donors might have a wing of a gallery named after them or are given preferred seating at fund raisers and other such minor rewards. Conversely, many games developed via Kickstarter or Patreon donations often include the names of their donors who give 25 USD or more in the end credits (or in these cases, it nets one a few bonus animations). That essentially puts every donor past a certain threshold in the same category with millionaire philanthropists.

Comparatively, Patreon is a pretty good deal, I'd say.

Paywalling has been definitely happening

Our dear "God" Mike has yet to post any DF animation,

And why would he? He makes $10 per patreon for those. If people really want their minds blown, go in and see how much some of the creators make a month. It's right on the front of their patreon page.

And it's not just this place. It's the whole S4 community that is jumping on this band wagon. Regular mod creators that make mods short of wrecking your whole game are charging for their mods. People are charging for anything from paintings to walls and floors (yea, shit that literally takes 5 seconds to make for someone who knows how) clothes, make-up..anything you can put in your game. 

Greed has become the black plague of the gaming mod community and Patreon is the catalyst.  

Nothing takes just 5 seconds to make. Even for make a recolor you need to know a few things. If make custom content or mods is that easy. Then why everyone is not making his own stuff instead of downloading the creations of other people?

Don't be ungrateful.

I know that for many years it was a normal thing get free content for a Sims game. But not for being a normal thing must be a law.

As I say once, no one is forcing anyone to pay for his stuff. Is just a choice.

Some days ago I received a message from another Creator. She/he sent me a link from a blog of someone who is updating content from Patreon. This person has the idea that the patreon pages needs to die and that all the content needs to be free. Someone with that mentality does not respect you, and for him, your time and work do not have any value. And he still wanted to receive earnings with the use of short links (publicity).

Does not matter if we talking about mods or something else. No one should tell or thing that the time and work of other is worthless or should not be rewarded.

Exist bad things from both sides, a patron may not receive as much as he wants, but also a creator can lose earnings with people how decides just plage one time, download all the rewards and removing his plage for paying nothing at the end of the month.

(As many says on this post) To be a creator you need skills and knowledge. For having those things you need days, months, years to learn and perfect. Especially if you are learning on your own. And that things are very valuable, and it is more the content or stuff that someone makes with them.

Don't be mad because a person wants to live off what it does,  because even if they are animations, recolors or whatever, still being the work of someone else.

Stop thinking that because is a digital element that you can't smell or touch needs to be free. Nothing on Internet it is free. Without noticing we pay more using the service that for having it. All the websites and companies earn money with the publicity that we watch every time that we enter to one of his pages.

Patreon has changed the game and it's not going anywhere and people have to accept it. Some creators I support and some I don't and it's about choice. The real problem is patreon and this forum. If you google Sims 4 adult animations  you don't get a full rundown of the creators patreon sites. So unless you have a killer blog with a ton of follows how will you get traffic to your patreon if you are going that route? Loverslab. I think a lot of long time Sims players are still stinging from the Sims 3 Kinky World episode and we don't need to revisit that incident. It's stated clearly in rule #12 of this site on how they feel but it's also a very grey area to enforce. You are not allowed to exploit LL to get traffic to your patreon hence you need to put something up here in a "reasonable" amount of time or close your thread and just stick to patreon only. It's good to have a healthy discussion about the topic but the last thing we need a flame war about it with mod intervention with a site upgrade coming so state your points but no digs just because someone feels differently than you do.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived