On 1/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

"Cultural Marxism is a branch of Marxist ideology formulated by the Frankfurt School, which had its origins in the early part of the twentieth century. Cultural Marxism comprises much of the foundation of political correctness".. political correctness being something this response reeks of by the way. Just an observation. I can't really argue with you on the "female only thread" part, other than to say I see thing, I get carried away sometimes.

Anyway who cares if there are stereotypes as long as they are based firmly in fact? To dismiss something simply because it bothers your feelings or goes against popular opinion is at the very height of ignorance.

Few of my own observations:

1. I'm talking about gender stereotypes as they are applied to treatment of women, not political philosophy. If you wanna talk political philosophy, that's an entirely different matter.

2. Your reply leads me to believe that you think political correctness is a bad thing. Why?

3. I care if there are stereotypes because they directly impact how I am treated because I am a woman. I have also never seen persuasive evidence that they are "based firmly in fact" in any case, even if I thought that argument held water.

4. I am not dismissing the existence of stereotypes at all. They don't "bother" me; they keep me from being treated equivalently to my male contemporaries. Very different level of harm.

5. Ignorance is lack of knowledge or information, not lack of edginess.

6. You seem emotional about this.

On 10/18/2017 at 12:22 PM, Lisa Tepes said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to posting on the forum and was wanting to make a topic for girls to get together and socialize, and to connect with and be girls. Guys are more then welcome to post in here. I'm not trying to single anyone out, but the primary point of this is so we girls can connect with other girls in the community. There doesn't seam to be that many females on here. Try and keep it under R.

HI,

I just signed up after lurking for ages, just finally gave in after email sign-up requirement.  Is this a health community for females.  I have seen some disturbing things and also what appear to be good people.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, flynn02 said:

HI,

I just signed up after lurking for ages, just finally gave in after email sign-up requirement.  Is this a health community for females.  I have seen some disturbing things and also what appear to be good people.

Thanks

Like anywhere, mostly good people.  But, being male, probably not the most knowledgeable.  Hopefully, one of the great women here will chime in. 

I was VERY reluctant to sign up here eight years ago.  But, I have had 99% positive experiences.

2 hours ago, flynn02 said:

HI,

Thanks

I have had great experiences with this site. It truly does have a great community. "Disturbing" is sort of a relative thing on this site, so not sure what you mean by that. If you mean Disturbing in terms of content...well yeah, it is a fetish/fantasy site with an open forum. If someone is harassing you, different story. The admins here don't stand for that and are great at kicking that in the rear...plus the LL boys always jump in to defend us. ? 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, submissive miss tris said:

curious where this quote comes from as it's absolutely ridiculous

It is absolutely ridiculous. It's also absolutely accurate except for timing. PC in the western sense is actually a conservative concept that was co-opted in the 90s by northeastern liberals to save the children from the evils of popular media and spread from there.

On 1/25/2022 at 3:39 AM, flynn02 said:

HI,

Thanks

I've had nothing but good experiences on here! Everyone's been nice, and I've never had an issue. I've met some great people who i still talk with regularly (mostly on discord so hit me up if you want to keep in touch) and have gotten plenty of help from the experts on how to solve issues. I generally just stick to the modding pages myself though and haven't delved to greedily or to deep into a lot of the other forum topics though.

If you ever want to talk or anything feel free to message me. There's also chat groups/clubs that range from talking about normal things to fetishs. let's be honest though, 99% of us are here for the kinky shit. 

As people have said, if anyone gives you shit, report it. Just don't go looking for a fight obviously.

15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm curious too. The first sentence is correct but the second seems to be just the opinion of the person quoted.

i would kind of like a source on the first sentence, and their definition of what cultural marxism is, cause that's usually just used as an antisemetic buzzword. thing is i ALSO don't want this thread to devolve into arguments about that and get ugly. i like the idea of having a thread for ourselves here

1 minute ago, submissive miss tris said:

i would kind of like a source on the first sentence, and their definition of what cultural marxism is,

Easy enough to search.

This is the original 'cultural Marxism'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_cultural_analysis

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/19/cultural-marxism-a-uniting-theory-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim

The other definition is just typical right-wing American hysterical nonsense for the dim.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Easy enough to search.

This is the original 'cultural Marxism'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_cultural_analysis

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/19/cultural-marxism-a-uniting-theory-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim

The other definition is just typical right-wing American hysterical nonsense for the dim.

ah i see, they just switched the words around a bit for the conspiracy version, thanks for the link ?

On 1/27/2022 at 11:26 AM, Lisa Tepes said:

I've had nothing but good experiences on here! Everyone's been nice, and I've never had an issue. I've met some great people who i still talk with regularly (mostly on discord so hit me up if you want to keep in touch) and have gotten plenty of help from the experts on how to solve issues. I generally just stick to the modding pages myself though and haven't delved to greedily or to deep into a lot of the other forum topics though.

If you ever want to talk or anything feel free to message me. There's also chat groups/clubs that range from talking about normal things to fetishs. let's be honest though, 99% of us are here for the kinky shit. 

As people have said, if anyone gives you shit, report it. Just don't go looking for a fight obviously.

Love the Lord of the Rings reference in this post lol.

4 hours ago, submissive miss tris said:

i would kind of like a source on the first sentence, and their definition of what cultural marxism is, cause that's usually just used as an antisemetic buzzword.

You don't want to have devolution but rely on an unfounded stereotype as your rote definition.

Sure, not ironic in the least.

4 minutes ago, 27X said:

You don't want to have devolution but rely on an unfounded stereotype as your rote definition.

You should be charged with crimes against the English language.

---------------

As for the quote itself, if you search for it you get a page of copy and pastes on different numpty websites.

To sum up: The original cultural Marxism originated in Europe during the interwar period and had crutch to do with political correctness as such. This new cultural Marxism originated in the US (where else) and is just right-wing conspiracy nonsense for people who know nothing about politics beyond Republican good; Democrat bad.

The Critical Race Theory suffers from the same sort of bollocks. It's a legal theory taught in law courses at university level. It's not something your average primary school pupil is going to wrap their head around.

• Guest locked this topic