On 7/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, w234aew said:

Leaving this here for others too. Skyrimfet seems to be taking a break from BAC, so there are two main versions available in this thread:

1: Experimental Release (1.8 prerelease 4, doesn't list a version name) - NOT very stable, doesn't play well with all ZAZ versions (especially in SE), but has more features.

Found in post #3175, bottom of page 127.

2: "Stable" Release (1.8 prerelease 3) - Older, less MCM options, but much more cross-compatible with other mods/game versions, fewer ZAZ errors. Located on page 87, post #2153.

Hope that helps.

What version do you recommend for SE? Are the new features worth it? I'm installing this on a "secondary" profile in MO, fully expecting there to be a variety of save-crushing bugs and crashes, so not too terribly concerned about that. I saw and downloaded a "ported" version of the mod, but I'm unsure if it works or not.

8 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

What version do you recommend for SE? Are the new features worth it? I'm installing this on a "secondary" profile in MO, fully expecting there to be a variety of save-crushing bugs and crashes, so not too terribly concerned about that. I saw and downloaded a "ported" version of the mod, but I'm unsure if it works or not.

You can give 1.8pre4 a try if you want, it does convert over alright, but it's extremely sensitive to different ZAZ versions from what I have tested. I run ZAZ8+, and it doesn't register any of the furnitures correctly, making the quests impossible. I personally use 1.8 prerelease 3, converted using CAO and the CK (also, take a look at the Tail HDT-SMP conversion if you run HDT SMP in Skyrim SE).

On 7/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, MysticDaedra said:

OK, yeah I was just going to ask about that. I have ZAZ 8.something, figured that would work as it fulfills the requirement... but the chair thingy doesn't spawn in paul's stable. Other than using 1.8pre3, is there any way to use the console to get by this part?

I don't think you can skip them like that, they're not just quest stages (event/item triggers need to be fixed too). I suspect there's a way to fix 1.8pre4 ZAZ8+ compatibility using the CK, but I don't think my skills with that are good enough to do it.

So I actually figured it out. You can skip stages cleverly (I had to flip back and forth between stage 30 and stage 40 a couple times), and the quest will proceed. You won't get the small nose ring from Paul, but everything else is gucci as far as the scripts are concerned. In fact, I believe you'll see a different dialogue when interacting with the hunters indicating that you aren't wearing a nose ring (not that it makes any difference! xD)

Now I'm trying to figure out what the trigger is for escaping. I've done several different things: run away (they're pretty good at keeping up with you), fast travel, and just wait. None of these seems to actually progress the quest. Any idea what the trigger is for successfully escaping?

55 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

So I actually figured it out. You can skip stages cleverly (I had to flip back and forth between stage 30 and stage 40 a couple times), and the quest will proceed. You won't get the small nose ring from Paul, but everything else is gucci as far as the scripts are concerned. In fact, I believe you'll see a different dialogue when interacting with the hunters indicating that you aren't wearing a nose ring (not that it makes any difference! xD)

Now I'm trying to figure out what the trigger is for escaping. I've done several different things: run away (they're pretty good at keeping up with you), fast travel, and just wait. None of these seems to actually progress the quest. Any idea what the trigger is for successfully escaping?

If I'm not mistaken, you have to kill them. That, or, I'm an exceedingly violent player.

yep, figured that one out too! I was just so underpowered before, I thought it might not have been intended or something.

Ever since installing both BAC and MME, some of my devious devices aren't functioning properly, specifically armbinders and yokes. I'm also starting to see gags not working. I've run FNIS several times with the proper patches, no errors. xEdit for conflicts, looks good. Nothing that I know of that could be causing this... and yet it is happening. Probably going to need to post this over with the DDx folks, but I thought I'd mention it here too, since this is the only mod I've added since testing my initial load order (I did use a fresh save when starting BAC and MME).

How much time is supposed to pass between each stage of growth? Or is there another trigger or metric used to determine when a new "part" is added? I went with the "slow" setting, and I don't mind it much, but I wish I had a clue as to when a change might happen lol.

EDIT: Also a bug report for the very latest version. After a while, Paul will start to only give milking, 20 milk, and mill tasks. Pole dancing, breast enlargement (love that one lol) and sell breast access to 5 people... haven't seen those in a couple hours (just been grinding because lul).

4 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

How much time is supposed to pass between each stage of growth? Or is there another trigger or metric used to determine when a new "part" is added? I went with the "slow" setting, and I don't mind it much, but I wish I had a clue as to when a change might happen lol.

EDIT: Also a bug report for the very latest version. After a while, Paul will start to only give milking, 20 milk, and mill tasks. Pole dancing, breast enlargement (love that one lol) and sell breast access to 5 people... haven't seen those in a couple hours (just been grinding because lul).

It's not time that matters for transformation, it's times milked. Get milked a bunch, and you'll change faster. Or, if you don't want to wait, you can look for the "cowlevelup" item, and just drink a bunch of those.

OK, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Is there nothing quest-wise after paying off the debt? I no longer see an amount in a notification anymore, but nothing is changing in regards to the demands of Paul.

EDIT: So I guess I basically played all the quests that BAC has to offer at the moment. My thoughts are... NICE. The enslavement quests were EPIC, scratched a bit of an itch that really no other SL quest mod has, but it was way too short. Honestly, even if there was just a ton more dialogue, and maybe a few simple one-room cells created to show the player being milked constantly, sold to new owners etc. before Paul finally comes riding in to save you. Like at the auction, as soon as I saw Paul walk in I knew it was almost over, and I didn't want it to stop (I'll be my character did though! ;) ). 

Huge kudos to skyrimfet, keep up the excellent work! Can't wait to see what new stuff you've got in store. I wish I had even a sliver of modding capability, then I'd offer my services, but in the meantime I'll be following very closely :)

7 hours ago, JoeSlays said:

Can someone help me out, I can not for the life of me find where the farm is on the who i am quest, I've been looking for far too long, thanks.

Spoiler

Whiterun Stables. After talking to Paul in Riverwood after growing horns, he'll walk over to Whiterun.

18 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:
  Hide contents

Whiterun Stables. After talking to Paul in Riverwood after growing horns, he'll walk over to Whiterun.

Appreciate that, I'm talking about after you've read the book about the origin of the cow curse. You are sent by the acolyte with a map to search around the river but i can't find anything

@warden239 the quest is bugged. Even if you have zaz8 and zap (which is virtually anyone using up-to-date sexlab mods anyways), the garotte dynamic device will not spawn. Tested multiple times on clean saves.

Found a... not really a bug, but an oversight. When you are being called by your master, you can lose your color vision, but ONLY if you do not have an ENB. If you have an ENB, you'll get the message, but the mechanic to change the colors to grayscale doesn't do anything. Suggestion would be to find an alternative (I think ConsoleUtils might work?) to make the grayscale work. Alternatively, you could just read the message and turn off your ENB until you get your color sight back.

Does anyone know if the horseshoes count as armor? Matters if trying to run unarmored perks. I'm not talking about the "armored horseshoes", just the regular ones you can get from Paul.

from where are the nose rings being called from ? i don't see any meshes for this in the BAC folder, nor ingame using Addititem at all. i don't even see it as an item you can make at a blacksmith, so i am curious where this ring is being called from, from which other mod ?

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

from where are the nose rings being called from ? i don't see any meshes for this in the BAC folder, nor ingame using Addititem at all. i don't even see it as an item you can make at a blacksmith, so i am curious where this ring is being called from, from which other mod ?

The rings have the non-playable flag, meaning they won't be visible in the inventory/containers, and can only be equipped through scripts or console. They have the item IDs xx005e4a, xx005e4b, xx005e4c. The meshes for them should be in the .bsa archive under the name "nosering1, -2, or -3"

1 hour ago, GrimReaperCalls said:

The rings have the non-playable flag, meaning they won't be visible in the inventory/containers, and can only be equipped through scripts or console. They have the item IDs xx005e4a, xx005e4b, xx005e4c. The meshes for them should be in the .bsa archive under the name "nosering1, -2, or -3"

any way to have them playable, to be visible in inventories ?

55 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

any way to have them playable, to be visible in inventories ?

I'm not sure, but you could try editing the record flags with TES5Edit? Dunno if that's all that's required, as I haven't ever tried it, I'm afraid. See which ones I mean in the picture below.

Gave it a quick try and it does appear to work, just keep in mind that it might cause some weirdness with the scripts of bac should you ever get transformed. And I have no idea how this would affect the scripts called by the quests.

edit flags.PNG

How do you actually start this mod? I know it has to do with Milk Mod Economy, but even after I put my character into a milking stand with Lactacid in her inventory, which should’ve made her a milk maid (and I did even get the MME notification that she is now a milk maid), the mod configuration menu for Being A Cow did not register any milk maids. 

41 minutes ago, DeeplyForbidden said:

How do you actually start this mod? I know it has to do with Milk Mod Economy, but even after I put my character into a milking stand with Lactacid in her inventory, which should’ve made her a milk maid (and I did even get the MME notification that she is now a milk maid), the mod configuration menu for Being A Cow did not register any milk maids. 

You need to milk 1 unit somehow. That could be through a milking machine, holding your notification key to just squeeze it out, reaching orgasm and having it force milk out, but somehow you have to have milked 1 unit. Then you will advance to stage 1 and the MCM will unlock.