• 2 weeks later...

Something about modding, when you work on one of your mods and you have a bunch, working too much on one mod can cause others to complain you're not paying attention to the others you've made, plus switching focus on another mod usually requires you to re-remember everything you were working on, getting your notes switched out for the one you're working on, plus any new changes you made to code bits you use all over, need to be imported into the mod you're working on now, which adds time and testing duration.  Just because the author isn't responding, doesn't mean the mod is abandoned, I have mods on the Nexus that are over a year without an update (because they don't need one like my Divorce mod, a few years since that last update, 100% bug free so no update needed).

Just have to be patient, make sure to note any issues with a BUG: comment so when the author is scanning the thread looking for issues, they're easy to find, sadly, there is no bug tracking or wiki built in here, so tracking bugs and writing a FAQ is difficult.

GuruSR.

Amazing mod. But I just found out there is 1.8 version. Is it possible to update main mod page with new version? Currently you can download only 1.7e-g versions, but 1.8 is nowehere to be found, but on forums (here on page 128).

hey i have a problem wiht the certificate quest, i get on the milker but nothing procs, avernio just wait in the room as time passses i get no procking of milking or such, i tried using the debug multiple times and enabling and disabling avernio

21 hours ago, Rdwd19 said:

Amazing mod. But I just found out there is 1.8 version. Is it possible to update main mod page with new version? Currently you can download only 1.7e-g versions, but 1.8 is nowehere to be found, but on forums (here on page 128).

the 1.8 version is very buggy though

17 hours ago, Madness1 said:

hey i have a problem wiht the certificate quest, i get on the milker but nothing procs, avernio just wait in the room as time passses i get no procking of milking or such, i tried using the debug multiple times and enabling and disabling avernio

When you installed Milk Mod did you tick to install the zaz furniture sandbox patch?

19 hours ago, Madness1 said:

hmmm i think so i mean the other milker worked so unlees thereps been and update or something

I had this problem one time pefore when updating MME,  the cart from being captured and the basement with proventis wont milk unless the sandbox patch is installed with MME

currently stuck in the cart after being captured by the hunters. i am trying to see what happens if i don't try to escape. but nothing happens. i know this mod has a waiting period, but what is supposed to happen if i don't escape the cart. what do the hunters do and how long do i have to wait until something happens ?

15 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

currently stuck in the cart after being captured by the hunters. i am trying to see what happens if i don't try to escape. but nothing happens. i know this mod has a waiting period, but what is supposed to happen if i don't escape the cart. what do the hunters do and how long do i have to wait until something happens ?

I don't think anything will happen.......you just have to escape to proceed to the next "chapter"

On 6/26/2020 at 11:16 PM, Rdwd19 said:

Leaving this here for others too. Skyrimfet seems to be taking a break from BAC, so there are two main versions available in this thread:

1: Experimental Release (1.8 prerelease 4, doesn't list a version name) - NOT very stable, doesn't play well with all ZAZ versions (especially in SE), but has more features.

Found in post #3175, bottom of page 127.

2: "Stable" Release (1.8 prerelease 3) - Older, less MCM options, but much more cross-compatible with other mods/game versions, fewer ZAZ errors. Located on page 87, post #2153.

Hope that helps.

ok, a bit.. frustrated here. i have gone to Paul at Whiterun and asked him to make a nosering for me. he tells me to sit and wait. so i sit and wait. after 10 minutes of NPC's clapping and stuff out front in the road, i get a "paul the blacksmith timeout" message. i have reloaded my save for over 2 hours, trying to get a different result and it's the same thing each and every time.

i have no clue what is going on or how to get by this. all i know, is i get caught by hunters about 8 hours game time after this Paul timeout message. and eventually they bug too, i'm either frozen in the cart, or they don't speak, or walk away and they timeout. which is another bummer, since there is no real outcome to staying in the cart. nothing happens, you don't get carted away to some new owner or any fun storyline like that. so it's a bit disappointing.

so any help or clarificcation on the various quests and what's supposed to happen and when, would be helpful at this point. otherwise this mod even with so much potential, is a waste of time for me if it won't work. and that would be a shame.

6 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, a bit.. frustrated here. i have gone to Paul at Whiterun and asked him to make a nosering for me. he tells me to sit and wait. so i sit and wait. after 10 minutes of NPC's clapping and stuff out front in the road, i get a "paul the blacksmith timeout" message. i have reloaded my save for over 2 hours, trying to get a different result and it's the same thing each and every time.

i have no clue what is going on or how to get by this. all i know, is i get caught by hunters about 8 hours game time after this Paul timeout message. and eventually they bug too, i'm either frozen in the cart, or they don't speak, or walk away and they timeout. which is another bummer, since there is no real outcome to staying in the cart. nothing happens, you don't get carted away to some new owner or any fun storyline like that. so it's a bit disappointing.

so any help or clarificcation on the various quests and what's supposed to happen and when, would be helpful at this point. otherwise this mod even with so much potential, is a waste of time for me if it won't work. and that would be a shame.

You need Zaz Animation Pack ver 8, and after that chat with Paul, stocks in left part of stable(close to building) will spawn. You have to lock yourself there and only then he will approach you.  Without ver 8 nothing happens, as ver 7 doesn't have those specific stock/device models. Chair is very misleading as it is not about sitting, but rather locking yourself in previously mentioned stocks.

When it comes to hunters - they should start dialogue with you. Perhaps there are some animations that prevent you from talking. I know that animation of getting into milk machine should be fine. It was drinking animation that was preventing me from having the chat with hunter pop out. Also, if you manage to have a chat with hunters - there are 2 seperate dialogues, and then wait for them to go to sleep.

5 hours ago, Rdwd19 said:

You need Zaz Animation Pack ver 8, and after that chat with Paul, stocks in left part of stable(close to building) will spawn. You have to lock yourself there and only then he will approach you.  Without ver 8 nothing happens, as ver 7 doesn't have those specific stock/device models. Chair is very misleading as it is not about sitting, but rather locking yourself in previously mentioned stocks.

When it comes to hunters - they should start dialogue with you. Perhaps there are some animations that prevent you from talking. I know that animation of getting into milk machine should be fine. It was drinking animation that was preventing me from having the chat with hunter pop out. Also, if you manage to have a chat with hunters - there are 2 seperate dialogues, and then wait for them to go to sleep.

i see. thank you. i think i'll pass since this also breaks simple slavery as well .

IDK who I should @ to get this update implemented/patched, but I went and looked at the models I created for the udders and I realized they had flipped normals on one of the teats. SkyrimFet and others flipped the normals best they could in the exported files, but it wouldn't surprise me if they missed a face on one part (happened to me too).

Fortunately, the newer version of blender gives me a clear indication of where flipped normals were, and I was able to completely fix it. If anyone wants to retry texture-wrapping/bodyslide implementing them, the .obj and originals are included here.

UdderModelsUpdated.zip

On 6/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, tacopalooza said:

Anybody know how to fix the nose ring? I just got the nose ring applied when i was captured by hunters and it is sticking in the top of my lip, not through my nose, and it looks kind of wierd. Cant move it with racemenu sculpting

In case you haven't already figured it out yet, you can use the OutfitStudio in BodySlide, or NifSkope, to move the ring (if you use NifSkope, make sure to right-click->Transform->Apply, before saving). You'll need to use a .bsa unpacker to get the nose ring meshes from the .bsa archive, and you should probably import the head mesh you're using to help align the ring properly, then remove it again before exporting the ring.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:21 AM, Rdwd19 said:

those stocks, are not there at all. i have zaz 8, it seems to be working fine on for me, but on reloads, upon reloads, new game starts, no stocks in the left stall period. no matter how many times i speak to paul, no stocks, and paul timesout. (tried on 1,7, 1.8pre and 1.8G versions and same results).

so at this point i am wondering if i am missing a requirement that is not listed, some kind of bridge or something. or if i should play with the load order manually to see if that does something. even though i know nothing about load order rules, what mods need to go where or even why but hell, it's the last resort to try and get this mod to work.

i do want to know why there are no stocks in that stall for me though

So I usually don't post anything but I thought in order to save others the trouble I just leave this here:

If you like the first tail you get but not the one you get after that and as such do not want to disable all tails, what you can do is:
Go into bac.bsa and under meshes->bac find the file called "cowtail01.nif".
While this is oddly named, in my case (tested with 1.8 pre3),this file was responsible for what the FIRST tail looks like. Since I liked the first tail, but not the rest of them what I then did is find the files named "tail_cow_0.nif" and "tail_cow_1.nif" (also in meshes/bac), deleted them/backed them up and then made two copies of the prior file "cowtail01.nif" and renamed these copies "tail_cow_0.nif" and "tail_cow_1.nif". I am not sure why there are two files so take this with a grain of salt and rigorously back your files up.

The result was for me, that the later tails looked just like the first one and had apparently the same physics as the first one which is what I personally wanted.
I personally am using loose files instead of the bsa now for easier mod organizer handling, but I am not entirely sure of potential future effects.

If you simply want to get rid of the tails but don't want to use the latest(and from my experience buggy), version you can simply delete all the tail.nif files and the tails won't show up. Again make back ups I am not a modder I am not sure of potential negative effects.

TLDR:
To have later tails look like the first one:
Go to your bac.bsa
Go into meshes/bac
Replace "tail_cow_0.nif" and "tail_cow_1.nif" with accordingly renamed copies of "cowtail01.nif"
Have fun and make backups (tested with 1.8 pre3)

Edit: corrected typos