View File

Deer Hooves and Ears Resources

tumblr_ov5ha3bI2W1vnsppco3_400.png

These are a set of resource meshes I put together for "deerfu" characters, inspired by this old blog post by DreamBurrow. The download consists of a set of hooves and ears taken from the vanilla elk mesh and weighted to the human skeleton as well as a UUNP Special based UNPB body mesh with the lower legs removed to accommodate the hooves. The file also contains a barebones .esp packaging the resources into a mod for testing purposes, with the hooves occupying the feet slot, the body occupying the chest slot and the ears (attached to a set of Nuska's antlers to save biped slots) using biped slot 50. The hooves and ear textures are based on modified versions of 530gothic25's whitetail deer textures colour matched to Setribb's deer body textures which they've shared on their package of Nuska's deer hooves and tail. The body I've supplied uses the default femalebody texture path and probably won't match these resources without those or similar textures installed.

Modified Body Textures:

deer body textures.zip

The armor pieces can be obtained through the console "help deer" or with a mod like AddItemMenu.

Why resources, if I've provided a mod to make use of them?

• The mesh and texture work I've done isn't very well polished.
  • The weighting is shoddy in that the knees crinkle up a bit depending on how far they're bent, and as the hooves aren't level with the vanilla feet I couldn't get the hooves weighted to the foot bones without deforming badly so they're fairly static below the knee. To keep the hooves from sinking into the ground HDT or NiOverride High Heel offsets will likely have to be used.
  • There's no difference between the low- and high-weight hoof meshes. When I tried shaping the hooves for the higher weight I kept getting weird issues with the edge vertices turning transparent in game when zooming out on the character. I think the mesh normals were probably getting fudged between the two meshes but when nifksope's "Mesh" > "Face Normals" didn't fix it I gave up on weight slider support.
  • The "rough fur" cutoff texture around the top of the hooves and the really dark texturing of the back of the ears leaves a lot to be desired. Art's not my bag, baby.
  • Only UNPB meshes are provided. Unlike Nuska's hooves these require the body mesh to have the lower legs removed to prevent clipping, so the female body and the skin in any skimpy armors would have to be replaced on a per-character basis to be compatible. This is the biggest justification for resourceness, as I have no plans to undertake the creation of a custom race or armor conversions based on these legs. It's up to the downloader to decide and figure out how they want to use them.

With all that out of the way, feel free to use or improve these as you see fit, provided they are not used in mods which have been monetised in any way.

Cheers!

Credits:
Bethesda for the vanilla elk mesh
530gothic25 for the whitetail deer base textures
Setribb for providing their deer body textures
regenbot03 for PureSkinTexture which I used in my modification of the body textures
DreamBurrow for the idea of using vanilla elk parts
HoneyVanity who I believe may have coined the term "deerfu"
Everyone else posting their deerfu characters for giving my high opinion of elves a run for their money (elves are still better)
Nuska for all the fantastic resources which made sexy deer girls possible

it work for cbbe

i just make texture *_1  as slavetat and convert mesh to cbbe hdt ( bodyslide) and add slot 32 and body to the hooves

and it work now !! no need foe race , only bodyslide and slavetat

and this what i have done

link = https://www.mediafire.com/file/gnbm28ta8b14pls/hoove_cbbe.7z

you need copy manual file to salvetat and bodyslide and genrate file and use slavetat deffu for head and hand and body enjoy !!

yhank you very nice work ^^

brilliant ill morph the hooves to match my custom body and see how they turn out i get bored playing skyrim from time to time so having something to experiment with like this is pretty cool so thank you :)

also it may be a stupid question but do you have the body textures to send me? i cant seem to open the link in your description on my end its not invalid it just wont load D: i only use cbbe but if its not too much to ask could you send me the body textures id like cbbe but if they are unp i can try convert them to cbbe for myself if im asking too much you can simply ignore this message i won't hold it against you anyway thank you again for the great resources :)

brilliant ill morph the hooves to match my custom body and see how they turn out i get bored playing skyrim from time to time so having something to experiment with like this is pretty cool so thank you :)

also it may be a stupid question but do you have the body textures to send me? i cant seem to open the link in your description on my end its not invalid it just wont load D: i only use cbbe but if its not too much to ask could you send me the body textures id like cbbe but if they are unp i can try convert them to cbbe for myself if im asking too much you can simply ignore this message i won't hold it against you anyway thank you again for the great resources :)

It's strange that it won't load for you as it's just a nexus mod page and a google drive link. Can you load other nexus pages? The google drive download might say preview unavailable but that's just because it's a zip file. The blue download button will still download the file normally.

Only unp textures are available on Setribb's page, so that's probably all that's available sorry. They'd have to be adapted to CBBE and that's not something I have the ability to do.

It's strange that it won't load for you as it's just a nexus mod page and a google drive link. Can you load other nexus pages? The google drive download might say preview unavailable but that's just because it's a zip file. The blue download button will still download the file normally.

Only unp textures are available on Setribb's page, so that's probably all that's available sorry. They'd have to be adapted to CBBE and that's not something I have the ability to do.

sorry for the delayed reply and i figured out why it wasnt loading it was just a bad gateway error but for some reason it'd effect some nexus pages but not all, luckily it seems to be fixed now and thank you for the google drive link its much appreciated :)

i soley use cbbe and at this stage unp is not an option as i have a lot of custom texture mashups i put together over the past few weeks for myself but all are cbbe only D: ill try bring this texture to cbbe or combine it with the fair skin texture to have the benefits of the two and give a hybrid vibe (i get bored a lot so i tend to throw things together randomly lol)

anyhow thank you again for the info and the great mod if i dont get around to converting the skin to cbbe the hooves will look great on my demon texture mashup so im happy with that :)

if your interested here is the conversion to cbbe so far with the hooves from the back the body is one i made to look really nimble to coincide with the theme of the race  so far the back of the textures are partially done the front not even close lol it still needs a lot of work though lol also ignore the tattoos and hands as they still need to be removed/edited 

(im editing the texture to try match both hoove types starting with these)

post-258540-0-59810500-1503947137_thumb.jpg

What body texture are you using? The one in the link you posted doesn't have nipples.

I'm using the same one, the only difference being I just did the best I could to blend the breasts from PureSkinTexture onto it in Paint.net.

Edit: And actually, now that I've checked, both mod pages' permissions say it's okay to share modified files with credit, so as long as nobody minds more of my shoddy texturing it shouldn't be a problem to add the modified body textures to the top post.

Edited by TheOniNinja

Would it be possible to use it on a male character?

Not really. I didn't bother shaping them to male characters because I had no plans to use them in that capacity and didn't even know if there were male deer textures available.

You shuld try to set it as a skin... so it will create a human deer race... perfect for a wildling themed mod.

Hum...I face ctd everytime i try to wear the deerbody... I use a breton female.

Anyone else is welcome to create a new race or whatever they want with these resources, just credit the original authors of the textures. I likely won't be making an actual mod to use them and the one I included is only intended for testing because I personally just use a Custom Vanilla Race mod for most of my characters now and overwrite the meshes and textures in each character's Mod Organizer profile with the ones I want. 

That's weird that it crashes when you wear the body though, I tested it fine and the character in my screenshots uses a modified Breton race as the base. I assume you probably have XPMSE skeleton installed so you're not missing any bones the body uses. Can you try temporarily replacing your main body meshes to see if it's a mesh issue or an .esp issue? Also, did you try it on a new save or an existing one?

Has anyone else testing these run into CTD from the body?

it work for cbbe

i just make texture *_1  as slavetat and convert mesh to cbbe hdt ( bodyslide) and add slot 32 and body to the hooves

and it work now !! no need foe race , only bodyslide and slavetat

and this what i have done

link = https://www.mediafire.com/file/gnbm28ta8b14pls/hoove_cbbe.7z

you need copy manual file to salvetat and bodyslide and genrate file and use slavetat deffu for head and hand and body enjoy !!

yhank you very nice work ^^

in slave tats no files

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, NexusVetX94 said:

if your interested here is the conversion to cbbe so far with the hooves from the back the body is one i made to look really nimble to coincide with the theme of the race  so far the back of the textures are partially done the front not even close lol it still needs a lot of work though lol also ignore the tattoos and hands as they still need to be removed/edited 

(im editing the texture to try match both hoove types starting with these)

post-258540-0-59810500-1503947137_thumb.jpg

Any update on this? I only use CBBE as well and I'm interested in making a deer character!

• 1 month later...

Fun little modder's resource! I put it to use by turning all the female Woodelf NPCs into faun girls on my version of the game. A couple of examples:

5aa1b6d974b73_bandicam2018-03-0813-55-13-036.thumb.png.c1a6298eb1ffb16b6760b15f3251c9fa.png5aa1b70875ee0_bandicam2018-03-0815-58-55-544.thumb.png.b77fcae742947795f67d0a780b410898.png

Yeah, they aren't nearly as cute as TheOniNinja's deerfu. But my face editing skills are kind of meh,  there is only so much mileage you can get out of CK's face editor tools, and I didn't feel like taking an eternity painstakingly editing all 20+ woodelf girls faces while hoping CK doesn't decide to troll me with a crash.

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, MrEsturk said:

Fun little modder's resource! I put it to use by turning all the female Woodelf NPCs into faun girls on my version of the game. A couple of examples:

5aa1b6d974b73_bandicam2018-03-0813-55-13-036.thumb.png.c1a6298eb1ffb16b6760b15f3251c9fa.png5aa1b70875ee0_bandicam2018-03-0815-58-55-544.thumb.png.b77fcae742947795f67d0a780b410898.png

Yeah, they aren't nearly as cute as TheOniNinja's deerfu. But my face editing skills are kind of meh,  there is only so much mileage you can get out of CK's face editor tools, and I didn't feel like taking an eternity painstakingly editing all 20+ woodelf girls faces while hoping CK doesn't decide to troll me with a crash.

how you made it ? Including the vale elk fur ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:48 AM, XcOm04au said:

is it possible someone make this a playable character race?

Anyone can do anything they want with these resources provided the result isn't monetised in any way. If anyone just wants the hooves though better meshes have been uploaded by other people since I shared this one, such as those used by Mihail's Succubus Mod on the nexus which I keep meaning to adapt to my deerfu or to a Satyr character if I ever get back to Skyrim.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...