Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

I want to make something clear, very clear here!

This topic is called Passion and what ever replies here, should be about this mod and ONLY this mod!

Any issues installing a mod(s) in Sims 3 is not a part of this topic.

Any questions about anything but this mod, in this topic will be ignored.

40 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

Any questions about anything but this mod, in this topic will be ignored

Yeah, I don't like to post technical help not pertaining to the OP mod when possible and see it a LOT. If everyone would use the Sims 3 technical help section then ANYONE with the same questions, issues, etc. could benefit instead of useful information getting buried in a mod specific section which many might not scan.

I just recently 'referred' another Passion user back here (and I see a post of theirs a bit above this) whom was looking for help in an AMRA72 animations post concerning mod compatibility. AMRA72 isn't active in the Sims 3 section to my knowledge and they would've been waiting a LONG time for an answer.....

Animations can be played without a specific mod like Passion, KW, etc. as long as they have a 'player' to recognize the animations, like poses.

< Passion questions here.

> KW questions there.

\/ Sims 3 tech help over there. Everybody wins!

8 hours ago, Swornone said:

do passion and kinky world conflict with each other?

thanks for any help.

This is the most asked question!

I think that I should add the answer in the first page of the topic.

Do Not use this mod with Kinky Word because they conflict with unknown and unwanted results.

3 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

This is the most asked question!

I think that I should add the answer in the first page of the topic.

Do Not use this mod with Kinky Word because they conflict with unknown and unwanted results.

i did actually read the start of both passion and KW and was unclear about that.  it was clear about AW and KW not working together.  but i promise i did actually read things before asking.

I just update my Passion version from 2.7.4.2 to the most recent one, and I'm having an issue with the barmaid service. I have version 1.69.43 of the Sims 3, so I used the matching barmaid service but it keeps giving me this message at launch. 

31979046_Screenshot2020-11-28071618.png.51f91c88b646efc44e6a5f57b5ac5de5.png

I know I matched them and I even redownloaded Passion to be safe, still pops up. I'm apprehensive about pressing continue out of fear of corrupting my game. Am I doing something wrong, need to use one of the lesser versions, or is this something else entirely?

7 hours ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

I just update my Passion version from 2.7.4.2 to the most recent one, and I'm having an issue with the barmaid service. I have version 1.69.43 of the Sims 3, so I used the matching barmaid service but it keeps giving me this message at launch. 

31979046_Screenshot2020-11-28071618.png.51f91c88b646efc44e6a5f57b5ac5de5.png

I know I matched them and I even redownloaded Passion to be safe, still pops up. I'm apprehensive about pressing continue out of fear of corrupting my game. Am I doing something wrong, need to use one of the lesser versions, or is this something else entirely?

This means that the version of the core barmaids mod is not compatible with your game version.

Use the BarMaid_Service_v2.0.0.package that is not core modded. (Remove the disabled extension)

If you are interested to make a barmaid core mod compatible to your game version please tell me first

which version 1.69.43 you have (steam, Origin, CDs?)

and second if you upload the file gameplay.package, located at \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

I'll be able to make a core mod for this game version.

5 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

This means that the version of the core barmaids mod is not compatible with your game version.

Use the BarMaid_Service_v2.0.0.package that is not core modded. (Remove the disabled extension)

If you are interested to make a barmaid core mod compatible to your game version please tell me first

which version 1.69.43 you have (steam, Origin, CDs?)

and second if you upload the file gameplay.package, located at \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

I'll be able to make a core mod for this game version.

If the game version matches the mod version, how is it not compatible? Am I missing something? I'm honestly confused.

I'm using Origin version. If it matters, I did migrate from steam to Origin. Is it a big deal between having a core mod version or not?

gameplay.package

9 hours ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

If the game version matches the mod version, how is it not compatible? Am I missing something? I'm honestly confused.

I'm using Origin version. If it matters, I did migrate from steam to Origin. Is it a big deal between having a core mod version or not?

gameplay.package 24.9 MB · 0 downloads

A core mod is a modification of a game core and because the game has at least two versions it has at least two cores.

I use the 1.67.2 version of this game and I will not upgrade it to 1.69.43. I got the version 1.69.43 of Sims3GameplaySystems core from a member here and it seams that is not the correct one.

The game does not allow romantic interactions with any service sim except butlers.

The core modification change that.

Besides that, BarMaids mod is the same in every version.

Thank you for the package.

You helped to make a correct 1.69.43 version of this mod.

--Edit--

I modified the core of your version and I upload it here, if you want to test it.

BarMaid_Service_v2.0.1.69.43_Origin.package 

4 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

A core mod is a modification of a game core and because the game has at least two versions it has at least two cores.

I use the 1.67.2 version of this game and I will not upgrade it to 1.69.43. I got the version 1.69.43 of Sims3GameplaySystems core from a member here and it seams that is not the correct one.

The game does not allow romantic interactions with any service sim except butlers.

The core modification change that.

Besides that, BarMaids mod is the same in every version.

Thank you for the package.

You helped to make a correct 1.69.43 version of this mod.

--Edit--

I modified the core of your version and I upload it here, if you want to test it.

BarMaid_Service_v2.0.1.69.43_Origin.package 13.32 MB · 0 downloads  

Oh okay that makes sense. I was confused ?

I tested it and it does the same error thing as before. 

1 hour ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

Oh okay that makes sense. I was confused ?

I tested it and it does the same error thing as before. 

So this didn't came from barmaids mod.

The modified core comes from your own game now.

Do you have cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package installed?

This is also a core mod and not for your game version.

So if you don't use the above but you use cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43.package,

Passion has nothing to do with this message.

Any other mod that is a core mod?

Nraas ErrorTrap is a core mod also. If you have it, is it for your game version?

The message of Sims 3 speaks about a core mod that comes from another game version.

This  message also spawns if you have Sims 4 mod(s) installed. 

36 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

So this didn't came from barmaids mod.

The modified core comes from your own game now.

Do you have cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package installed?

This is also a core mod and not for your game version.

So if you don't use the above but you use cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43.package,

Passion has nothing to do with this message.

Any other mod that is a core mod?

Nraas ErrorTrap is a core mod also. If you have it, is it for your game version?

The message of Sims 3 speaks about a core mod that comes from another game version.

This  message also spawns if you have Sims 4 mod(s) installed. 

I have both these mods but I have only the 69 versions and only get this message when I add barmaids in. Could it be a conflict with those mods somewhere?

I do have other mods but I'm pretty sure those (errortrap and xcas) are the only core mods I have.

5 hours ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

I have both these mods but I have only the 69 versions and only get this message when I add barmaids in. Could it be a conflict with those mods somewhere?

I do have other mods but I'm pretty sure those (errortrap and xcas) are the only core mods I have.

When Sims3 finds a modification of one of its cores (9 in total) and one of them is incompatible, it spawns this message with out informing which mod is that.

Even if you add one lately, it checks all of them and this does not mean that the incompatible one is the one you added last.

To test you have to change the extension of any core mods that you have (add another one in the end such as .bak or .disabled) so it won't load any core mods.

Then start rename back to . package one by one and start the game to see when this message spawns.

hello, the mod works perfectly (thank you twilightstorm :) ) but I have one little problem, for some reason the female sim I'm playing always takes the male part when passioning, or playes the top/dom as well, when I click on the other sim and choose *switch position with* they only switch for a few seconds and they switch again so that she's top again, I don't know how to fix it because this never happened before. she doesn't even have a shemale Male flag or anything 

Hi my beloved Storm!

When my game don't work as it should I take out all mods and add half to check and just continue untill i find the culprit. Then i decide witch mod i can't be without. But i always do a check using Delphy’s Dashboard 

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006

from time to time.

Good luck The NeighborhoodSimmer

Lots of love Storm and thanks again for the new and improved mod.

By the way do you use any other Vampire mods?

Like https://modthesims.info/browse/ts3/414/?showType=1&tag=Vampire

Stay safe happy Advent and Merry Yule in advance and lots of Corona free hugs and kisses ❤️x3

Edit: Forgot to ask if you could ask the boss to add Clydie to the top where we find you and the other modders. He deserves it. ❤️

8 hours ago, wallow000001 said:

hello, the mod works perfectly (thank you twilightstorm :) ) but I have one little problem, for some reason the female sim I'm playing always takes the male part when passioning, or playes the top/dom as well, when I click on the other sim and choose *switch position with* they only switch for a few seconds and they switch again so that she's top again, I don't know how to fix it because this never happened before. she doesn't even have a shemale Male flag or anything 

This happens a lot to old Animated Woohoo versions because of old animated Woohoo XML system that had no genders.

KW animations changed that and Passion was able a long time ago, to read it.

So, remove any AW animations from your mods folder and start your game.

As about the SheMale flag...

It's not exist any more in Passion!  

Many changes happen after the removal of that flag interaction...

8 hours ago, MrsSanta said:

Edit: Forgot to ask if you could ask the boss to add Clydie to the top where we find you and the other modders. He deserves it. ❤️

Hi my dearest MrsSanta!

Pin a mod is something that the modder should ask, and not me.

The guys here will defiantly do it! I'm sure for that.

P/s Tell Santa that, I was a good "boy" this year and I wish for my wish to come true!

I want parties on Christmas Eve and New Years Day for each and any one of us

On what ever Nation, On what ever Country, On whatever City, On whatever Last village of the globe!

On 11/30/2020 at 1:34 AM, TwilightStorm said:

When Sims3 finds a modification of one of its cores (9 in total) and one of them is incompatible, it spawns this message with out informing which mod is that.

Even if you add one lately, it checks all of them and this does not mean that the incompatible one is the one you added last.

To test you have to change the extension of any core mods that you have (add another one in the end such as .bak or .disabled) so it won't load any core mods.

Then start rename back to . package one by one and start the game to see when this message spawns.

Did exactly what you said. Still isn't working, the moment I enable barmaids. It could just be a weird kink my computer has against it, now. Who knows? ?‍♂️ I'll just stick with the non-core version.

Thanks for all your help! ?

I'm not sure when I got Passion originally but it was a super old version. It was so cool to find this site, find an update, and experience something that was already great be a So Much Better!

I've used this ever since I started downloading cc in about 2018 and it's been wonderful! I assumed that I would never get to thank anyone because I figured the sims 3 side was dead. So nice to have updates for a game that I still play :) Thank you again! :D 

20 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

This happens a lot to old Animated Woohoo versions because of old animated Woohoo XML system that had no genders.

KW animations changed that and Passion was able a long time ago, to read it.

So, remove any AW animations from your mods folder and start your game.

As about the SheMale flag...

It's not exist any more in Passion!  

Many changes happen after the removal of that flag interaction...

thank you❤❤❤