Billyy's SLAL Animations (2024-4-1)

On 5/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, assassin394 said:

But I read on ABC page that it required animator work to make use of the anus movement. The Skeever anal animation have anub movement. Its is the first animation I ever see do that. That why I'm asking.

Yes, I use BakaFactory's rig made for BHUNP so I can control the anus to a degree going forward. I did a horse animation with it, but sadly the mesh doesn't like stretching too far without some clipping and deformation going on, so the effect may be limited.

......now that just sounds impractical, there are far too many preexisting anal animations around that will never get updated because there creators have retired.

does it at least have a backup hdt system setup for older animations?

57 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

......now that just sounds impractical, there are far too many preexisting anal animations around that will never get updated because there creators have retired.

I believe the issue was that HDT physics for the anus just looked terrible/silly - so he instead implemented the bones to allow animators to specifically animate anal gape.  I can imagine it would also be difficult to keep anal HDT from reacting to vaginal penetrations given their... proximity. 

I don't think there is any expectation for old animations to implement it, it's just an extra flourish available for current animations (and a really cool attention to detail touch IMO, so I do really appreciate it when I notice it).  It also does require the BHUNP body, but I doubt people using other bodies would have issues with the animations - I think they just wouldn't get a gape and the animation would look like any other anal animation.

That being said - it would be cool if there was a possibility of someone implementing a mod that triggers the BHUNP "gape" with a keypress or detection of an anal animation.  No idea if that would be possible within the context of a Sexlab animation that is otherwise not using those bones. 

22 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

While less relevant, that could've been said about ABC which has definitely been a game-changer for me, and it's also far more disruptive for anyone not using it. Currently only BHUNP uses it and I'm unsure there's any hdt stuff rigged into that, but the skeleton still probably has the bones so it could probably be done if desired.

Unfortunately it's very unfeasible to edit old anims for even my own stuff as it'd just be a huge waste of time if doable for little effect. However on the flip side it takes very little effort to add it into my own animations going forward, so it's kind of a no-brainer. No sense living in the past forever just because previous work wouldn't match. Very little seems to be advancing in the modding scene at least in terms of framework-tier stuff, so I'm not gonna just hold out for the 'best' solution to come out that may never actually come.

But again it's very little effort on my end, so i might as well do it even if people arn't using BHUNP.

4 hours ago, Billyy said:

While less relevant, that could've been said about ABC which has definitely been a game-changer for me, and it's also far more disruptive for anyone not using it. Currently only BHUNP uses it and I'm unsure there's any hdt stuff rigged into that, but the skeleton still probably has the bones so it could probably be done if desired.

Unfortunately it's very unfeasible to edit old anims for even my own stuff as it'd just be a huge waste of time if doable for little effect. However on the flip side it takes very little effort to add it into my own animations going forward, so it's kind of a no-brainer. No sense living in the past forever just because previous work wouldn't match. Very little seems to be advancing in the modding scene at least in terms of framework-tier stuff, so I'm not gonna just hold out for the 'best' solution to come out that may never actually come.

But again it's very little effort on my end, so i might as well do it even if people arn't using BHUNP.

Does it at least look good?
I heard different stuff :(

Would be a bummer to have anal animation working on some animation but then beeing forced to not use them anymore because it looks awefull. 
Everything related to anal gaping or stuff like that looked pretty gross and off. Dunno if this is different, seen only a couple screens and they were not promising. 

i hope i don't sound dumb but i definitely feel it :( Is there a Skyrim SE port of all of this, because i'm playing SE and i'm missing anims for skeevers and chaurus's and stuff and all these look sooo fun. if there is one could someone link it? i haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

4 hours ago, shipskylark said:

I'm downloading a modpack and it's asking the 3.2 version, anyone knows where can I find it?

I am going to assume it is in the dustbin of history, where the mod pack should be. Given how SLAL packs work, you download the 3.3 version and are happy you get a bunch more animations than someone stuck with the 3.2.

You can use the mod packs as guidelines, or suggestions of mods to download and perhaps what order to install them, but the whole problem with packs of mods is that the list maker doesn't update and then the pack is broken because it doesn't tell you to update everything else.  You're better off just seeing which mods are in the pack, reading about them, deciding if you like that actual mod or not, and then learning what it takes to install it.  In no time you'll be an old hand at modding, have things setup how you want and not with a bunch of other mods someone else thought was a good idea, and in control of your own destiny and gaming experience, not stuck on someone else's plantation no better than a console gamer. (that last was a little sarcastic, by the way... consoles can't mod, generally. )

13 hours ago, shipskylark said:

I'm downloading a modpack and it's asking the 3.2 version, anyone knows where can I find it?

what is a modpack and where do you download it?!

9 hours ago, karlpaws said:

You can use the mod packs as guidelines, or suggestions of mods to download and perhaps what order to install them, but the whole problem with packs of mods is that the list maker doesn't update and then the pack is broken because it doesn't tell you to update everything else.  

In general it should not be broken when u use all the mods in the pack combined and do not update any. 

As for SLAL packs. I dont know how "Mod Packs" as described are delivered, but it is absolutly save to install newer versions of SLAL packs without any possible problems or incompatibilites

4 hours ago, Nymra said:

In general it should not be broken when u use all the mods in the pack combined and do not update any.

Well that's the issue generally.  The modpack might have been put together 2-3 years ago and be full of now incompatible mods or just outdated suggestions as this person encountered. If you do not understand modding and how mods are updated and try to just follow the directions by rote, you're bound to run into problems. Either the mod you're looking for has been updated and you just need to be intelligent to pick the next, current version or one mod has been replaced by another and the others you get are updated to work with the new, better mod and won't work with the old.  I don't think the aroused/redux requiring mods are that bad, but that's an example.

13 hours ago, gerblshlatt said:

Hey i could use some help. When i engage with parthurnaxx and it goes through the anims. but then after wards i attempt again and it fails, so i go into the aroused creatures mod help MCM menu and it will say there are no anims?

the animation may not have ended correctly, or the game thinks the dragon is flying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where my screen is bobbing and I can't enter or exit first/third person during animations (scroll wheel won't move the camera and hotkey doesn't work). I haven't noticed this problem with other anim packs but have had scroll lock issues.

I tried looking it up but couldn't find threads with the same issue. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this or what might be causing it?

3 minutes ago, yencrown12 said:

I have Billyy's SLAL Animations 2.5 pack installed, should i update it by overwriting it or what....

Can someone explain how do i update to new pack without messing up.

Thanks.

Uninstall the old pack then install new pack. Just to be safe after updating open SLAL MCM menu hit disable all animations ->rebuild sexlab animation registry -> then enable all and click register animations

1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

Uninstall the old pack then install new pack. Just to be safe after updating open SLAL MCM menu hit disable all animations ->rebuild sexlab animation registry -> then enable all and click register animations

thanks, will try out... :)

1 hour ago, Namedyus said:

I'm having an issue where my screen is bobbing and I can't enter or exit first/third person during animations (scroll wheel won't move the camera and hotkey doesn't work). I haven't noticed this problem with other anim packs but have had scroll lock issues.

I tried looking it up but couldn't find threads with the same issue. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this or what might be causing it?

If the problem is just during the sexlab scene and not afterward, and the animation has an object or something else that might be added, the object is probably getting in the way of the camera.  Do you have the "toggle free cam" option set to a hotkey you can try, or have you tried using it through the MCM?

2 hours ago, karlpaws said:

If the problem is just during the sexlab scene and not afterward, and the animation has an object or something else that might be added, the object is probably getting in the way of the camera.  Do you have the "toggle free cam" option set to a hotkey you can try, or have you tried using it through the MCM?

Toggle freecam works, but the bobbing is like moving the cursor up and down. I have some first person mods so I was hoping to get it working with those (and just generally having the default view + zooming work is handy). When you say objects do you mean props like the animations with tables or regular world objects? I was outside for some of the animations with just trees nearby.

8 hours ago, Namedyus said:

Toggle freecam works, but the bobbing is like moving the cursor up and down. I have some first person mods so I was hoping to get it working with those (and just generally having the default view + zooming work is handy). When you say objects do you mean props like the animations with tables or regular world objects? I was outside for some of the animations with just trees nearby.

I meant props, but they are not all visible: armbinders, rope bindings, magic dildos, and stuff like that. Should be identifiable by the name of the anim though, or the group it is in. If all of the anims from this pack do that, they I'd say its something with Sexlab itself or your camera mods.  Do all anims from this mod do it? Do you have any anims from other mods?