Show Your Skyrim Counterpart III

guk's complaints are the same things you've been bitching about for donkeys years Jexsam, so I'm really rather impressed at your Solomon-like wisdom here. Was it painful? ;)

Time, age, and thought are a perfectly sufficient mixture to reevaluate one's opinions and beliefs.

...besides, I did say I could go on a spiel about image quality. There's definitely some people that seem like they should know better doing some... odd things.

Or alternatively, what tricks or methods do you guys use when taking character shots? I'm keen to know, since a lot of you guys have some really nicely lit faces in your shots. :)

SSAssist Tools is the only direct lighting mod I use. Facelight's fine in tighter shots where the lack of a light source isn't obvious, but in wider shots, and particularly in otherwise darkly lit areas, it can become obvious that there's just a phantom light source hanging in front of your character. SS Assist gives you droppable, floating gems that cast various colors of light, all of which are powerful enough to light scenes fairly well and be placed outside the view of the camera, making masking the sourceless light easy.

The advantage of having colored lights cannot be overstated. Placement can be tricky, but if you're patient, it's a great way to use light to juxtapose a character from the colors in the background, add a sense of warmth or magic to a shot, or enhance the existing colors of a shot.

I work waaaaaaaaaay to many hours to do all that fancy stuff to my images... heck, there are times when I just turn on my game and start taking screens...and it shows apparently... but, maybe i liked something about  that area or the way the sky looked, or maybe i had one to many glasses of wine after a hard day of work. In truth, I spend many more hours tweaking my main character than actually playing the game... My Lilly is almost purrrrrrfect to me ...yes, to me... she is MY Skyrim Counterpart.

More pics of my Lilly...

post-2013114-0-39626000-1505849030_thumb.png post-2013114-0-61070300-1505849101_thumb.png post-2013114-0-74664500-1505849164_thumb.png post-2013114-0-65233300-1505849209_thumb.png post-2013114-0-73569000-1505849252_thumb.png post-2013114-0-23704300-1505849364_thumb.png post-2013114-0-42724800-1505849478_thumb.png post-2013114-0-92292100-1505849564_thumb.pngpost-2013114-0-32727800-1505849601_thumb.png post-2013114-0-33165100-1505849689_thumb.pngpost-2013114-0-05477700-1505849756_thumb.png

Hope you have a wonderful day :D

Today, Freysha is going to show us all the magic she learned at the College of Winterhold.

(This should be interesting... I didn't even know she went to the College) 

Hi Freysha!

eNLTIh.jpg

Freysha doesn't like the robe she's wearing so I think she's going to pick something else

Hmmmm....

1IzXkF.jpg

What about this one?

I like your pointy hat, Freysha. 

6YGzBp.jpg

Freysha says she wants to summon something. Be careful not to summon something too dangerous...

eWsX6I.jpg

GAH!  What the heck is that thing?!?!?

3rwsYV.jpg

Quickly Freysha, kill it, KILL IT!

gXB68D.jpg

thought you said you knew what you were doing. Exactly HOW many years did you spend "studying" at the College?

LzpBOA.jpg

Three?!?!?  Somehow I'm not so sure....

Ok, let's try something else.

The Banquet Hall? Why?

Oh you're hungry.

You're always hungry

Yes, Freysha we see the delicious meal.

98bngz.jpg

No, I really don't think that it's a good idea to....

UVr6dX.jpg

... try to light the hearth with your Fireball....

Today, Freysha learned that using Fireball in the house violates several Eastmarch fire ordinances.   We also learned you'll be needing a shorter hairstyle for awhile.

8hXz7u.jpg

Freysha says she wants a bubble bath to get clean. Freysha in the bath? I wouldn't mind....

XKynwY.jpg

Freysha says she is all dry now.

You almost burned the whole house down but...

kq0JwQ.jpg

:wub:  ....All is forgiven. 

Do you guys use pose mods for taking these shots in the same install as SexLab? I can't seem to get them both working at the same time as FNIS seems to throw a fit about having too many animations to add to the game.

Anyways, to stay on topic - thinking about running around as a high elf mage for a change. Might make a nice change from my usual dunmer. Right?

post-872-0-57120700-1505856647_thumb.png

Edit: she needs a name! Any suggestions? Ooh! She needs a playstyle too.... hmmm..... Never done a scholar type before.

Today, Freysha is going to show us all the magic she learned at the College of Winterhold.

(This should be interesting... I didn't even know she went to the College) 

Hi Freysha!

eNLTIh.jpg

Freysha doesn't like the robe she's wearing so I think she's going to pick something else

Hmmmm....

1IzXkF.jpg

What about this one?

I like your pointy hat, Freysha. 

6YGzBp.jpg

Freysha says she wants to summon something. Be careful not to summon something too dangerous...

eWsX6I.jpg

GAH!  What the heck is that thing?!?!?

3rwsYV.jpg

Quickly Freysha, kill it, KILL IT!

gXB68D.jpg

thought you said you knew what you were doing. Exactly HOW many years did you spend "studying" at the College?

LzpBOA.jpg

Three?!?!?  Somehow I'm not so sure....

Ok, let's try something else.

The Banquet Hall? Why?

Oh you're hungry.

You're always hungry

Yes, Freysha we see the delicious meal.

98bngz.jpg

No, I really don't think that it's a good idea to....

UVr6dX.jpg

... try to light the hearth with your Fireball....

Today, Freysha learned that using Fireball in the house violates several Eastmarch fire ordinances.   We also learned you'll be needing a shorter hairstyle for awhile.

8hXz7u.jpg

Freysha says she wants a bubble bath to get clean. Freysha in the bath? I wouldn't mind....

XKynwY.jpg

Freysha says she is all dry now.

You almost burned the whole house down but...

kq0JwQ.jpg

:wub:  ....All is forgiven. 

She is too adorable :)

I work waaaaaaaaaay to many hours to do all that fancy stuff to my images... heck, there are times when I just turn on my game and start taking screens...and it shows apparently... but, maybe i liked something about  that area or the way the sky looked, or maybe i had one to many glasses of wine after a hard day of work. In truth, I spend many more hours tweaking my main character than actually playing the game... My Lilly is almost purrrrrrfect to me ...yes, to me... she is MY Skyrim Counterpart.

More pics of my Lilly...

Hope you have a wonderful day :D

Lilly is fantastic. I love her tiny body. The last picture in the first row is my favorite. :)

I always was very frustrated by the fact that most of adult content intended for females and it's quite hard to convert it for males (and also I don't like male body/face etc. stuff in Skyrim at all); so I decided to make a little experiment which turned out not bad in my opinion.

I'm not into transgender/crossdressing stuff, but making young elven boy from CBBE body turned out in quite pretty result and it's kinda the best solution with minimum efforts. x) Using it with practical female armors mod and BodySlide supported armours/clothing should do the thing.

Screen_Shot21.png

Screen_Shot22.png

Screen_Shot23.png

SSAssist Tools is the only direct lighting mod I use. Facelight's fine in tighter shots where the lack of a light source isn't obvious, but in wider shots, and particularly in otherwise darkly lit areas, it can become obvious that there's just a phantom light source hanging in front of your character. SS Assist gives you droppable, floating gems that cast various colors of light, all of which are powerful enough to light scenes fairly well and be placed outside the view of the camera, making masking the sourceless light easy.

The advantage of having colored lights cannot be overstated. Placement can be tricky, but if you're patient, it's a great way to use light to juxtapose a character from the colors in the background, add a sense of warmth or magic to a shot, or enhance the existing colors of a shot.

Went and took a shot at it, here's how it turned out:

erPqzTR.png

Compared to torch+magelight

U5kIyP0.png

It looks good! Compared to my usual method of hand-placing a torch and then casting a magelight, it looks a little less bright, but that can easily be handled with more lights! Thank you so much for this tip, I'd have never found this otherwise! :D

One thing though, there's an odd thing with my game now where dropping one of these gems spawns two in the world, and that odd behavior also extends to vanilla torches.

SSAssist says it conflicts with "SM Drop Lit Torches", but I don't have that mod installed.

I DO have "Equipping Overhaul" which causes drop torches to be lit though. Should I delete "aaaSSAToolsDropScript.pex" like the mod says to fix it?

5wbzSwIT_o.png

Birgit

Well i changed Birgit from Nord to Redguard and back, after that she had some glitches like a wrinkly mouth or clipping eyebrows with facial expressions. Turns out that the Female Facial Animation mod was causing this, after uninstalling that things were looking fine again.
Anyways that's why her lips are a bit weird in some shots and thicker in others, because i was editing her face with each session while testing various mods.

51602-1-1505657800.png

51602-0-1505694346.png

51602-0-1505696469.png

51602-0-1505659368.png

51602-0-1505657792.png

51602-0-1505658898.png

51602-0-1505697195.png

51602-0-1505698537.png

51602-0-1505699495.png

51602-0-1505697882.png

51602-0-1505694581.png

51602-0-1505700143.png

51602-0-1505696025.png

51602-0-1505696286.png

51602-0-1505695250.png

51602-0-1505658262.png

-----> Edit: Here are some archive pics of Birgit as Redguard (dark and light skinned), don't remember which or if any of these were posted here on LL before.
In any case, all her pics are in the user images of Fair Skin Complexion

51602-0-1491156082.png

51602-0-1491157830.png

51602-0-1494429688.png

51602-0-1493141355.png

51602-0-1499525007.png

51602-0-1499526294.png

51602-0-1494429870.png

51602-0-1491269130.png

51602-0-1493141608.png

51602-1-1494429742.png

Edited by guk

erPqzTR.png

U5kIyP0.png

It looks good! Compared to my usual method of hand-placing a torch and then casting a magelight, it looks a little less bright, but that can easily be handled with more lights! Thank you so much for this tip, I'd have never found this otherwise! :D

One thing though, there's an odd thing with my game now where dropping one of these gems spawns two in the world, and that odd behavior also extends to vanilla torches.

SSAssist says it conflicts with "SM Drop Lit Torches", but I don't have that mod installed.

I DO have "Equipping Overhaul" which causes drop torches to be lit though. Should I delete "aaaSSAToolsDropScript.pex"[/size]

like the mod says to fix it?

I used to have to double gem/torch problem too, but I just disabled "drop lit torch" in Equipping Overhaul. That solved it, plus I still seem to be able to drop lit torches. Not sure if another mod is doing that but oh well. Give that a shot first, see if it fixes it.

(...)

Yep the SS Assist Tools are pretty useful. Not just the lights but also the rings for quick access to daytime / timescale / weather.

My problems with it:

1. Dropping the gems in an optimal location is a huge PITA (perhaps better with a mod like Jakzonz Positioner, but i don't have space for its keybinds left)

2. Mostly with ENBs using a very natural color palette (like Rampage ENB), and when making shots in vanilla locations, the color and brightness difference between the gem lights and the rest of the scene is way too obvious. Tends to look like the character was photoshopped to the background.

What i currently use is Facelight Plus, with customized colors for a neutral white light (RGB 254/244/233) and the mesh fix from Better lighting for Face Light and Facelight Plus.

And there are some other alternatives like Rail Lights (don't have the link anymore, from a chinese modding site) and Sima Mod-Better lighting.

Results depend a lot in the exact ENB settings, but without any of these mods it would be impossible to make decent screenshots.

P.S.:

Just found a nice example how to use Rail Lights.

This is in the Work Studios mod by Monsto Brukes. The black studio already has three different directional lights, and the CGI-like highlight on the left side is added by the "epic" Rail Light.

The Rail Lights are not static, but move around the scene so you just set up the posing and make a few shots without having to fiddle with the light positioning for 20 minutes beforehand..

72837-0-1456933264.jpg

Breton_Thief.png

Breton Vampire Bandit

Haven't been able to play Skyrim since last November because all of my games (except Minecraft) crashed like crazy and no amount of trouble-shooting could fix it - so I played a lot of Minecraft (and enjoyed it) but missed Skyrim a lot. But now - new computer, new character, new play-through. She's a Breton who was bored in High Rock and didn't want to get married, so she came to Skyrim and became a bandit (kind of like Fjola in Mistwatch)-- and will get bitten early on. May use a mod that will let her have her own gang of girl bandits. Not sure about the hair yet -- still working on it...

erPqzTR.png

U5kIyP0.png

I DO have "Equipping Overhaul" which causes drop torches to be lit though. Should I delete "aaaSSAToolsDropScript.pex" like the mod says to fix it?

Can't you just turn off "Drop Lit Torches" in Equipping Overhaul MCM?

Why is everyone afraid of tweaking ENB?, just play with Direct/Ambient/Point lightning and they curves, just don't save the changes and load after you are done to have your normal settings back. Edit: they are under environment.

I always was very frustrated by the fact that most of adult content intended for females and it's quite hard to convert it for males (and also I don't like male body/face etc. stuff in Skyrim at all); so I decided to make a little experiment which turned out not bad in my opinion.

I'm not into transgender/crossdressing stuff, but making young elven boy from CBBE body turned out in quite pretty result and it's kinda the best solution with minimum efforts. x) Using it with practical female armors mod and BodySlide supported armours/clothing should do the thing.

-cough cough-

Why is everyone afraid of tweaking ENB?, just play with Direct/Ambient/Point lightning and they curves, just don't save the changes and load after you are done to have your normal settings back. Edit: they are under environment.

Thank you for this. I wanted to ask this question for a long time, but didn't know how to form the question in English. Now I know what to do. :)

-cough cough-

?

I saw this thread and actually femboy concept inspired me to find the way to avoid restrictions. x)

P.S. Few more shots of my new char, working SoS adaptation for technical "female" char was pleasant surprise, so atm I'm pretty pleased how he turned out.

Screen_Shot30.png

Screen_Shot36.png

Screen_Shot49.png

Screen_Shot54.png

Screen_Shot31.png

Screen_Shot59.png

Screen_Shot61.png