The main problem is now the boards.

As you know, Skyrim scripts don't allow to dynamically set a texture file into a nif... and, due to memory limitations, I can't simply put all the boards into the Mansion.

So, I need to find a way, or a selection of boards.

In fact, which board you wish to see in the Mansion ?

I wish also to make some quests about the characters... to explore their stories.

For example, Amélie's past in the thieves guild will find her back, and she'll need to deal with it. Carmen could have a secret love...

12 hours ago, Delzaron said:

The mod next planned content :

- some fixes (seriously, why my actor events doens't work ?)

- a repeatible quest about courtesans delivery (you'll visit some wealthy clients across Skyrim).

- a repeatible about informations collection for courtesans.

- a story quest with Amélie and her past in the thieves guild. I have some ideas, but I'm open to every proposal.

Sounds very convincing to me :D

A suggestion for the repeating quests: Radiant Prostitution has similar repeatable "jobs" a.k.a quest. But they clutter up your quest log if you don't edit the *.esp by yourself. 

For NMM could you create the quests straight from the start without that spam in the players journal?

Note to myself: think a bit about the thieves guild topic.. (have an idea is rising, a bit 007-style :D )

On 11/12/2017 at 9:34 AM, worik said:

Sounds very convincing to me :smiley:

A suggestion for the repeating quests: Radiant Prostitution has similar repeatable "jobs" a.k.a quest. But they clutter up your quest log if you don't edit the *.esp by yourself. 

For NMM could you create the quests straight from the start without that spam in the players journal?

Note to myself: think a bit about the thieves guild topic.. (have an idea is rising, a bit 007-style :smiley: )

I didn't understand. Can you reformulate, please ?

10 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I didn't understand. Can you reformulate, please ?

When you play the Radiant Prostitution mod, you can get so called  "jobs" from the your pimp (an inkeep). Some sound similar to the "repeatible quest about courtesans delivery"

E.g. so called "home delivery jobs" in the style of

• go to that nearby house
  • talk to the customer
  • have sex with him, maybe with his/her guests
  • optionally receive a tip
  • go back to the inkeep and get your money

Spoken in game mechanics: these jobs are little quests... and they are implemented to appear in your quest journal.

So far that's ok, but sooner or later they clutter up your quets log.

I think I can edit the *.esp file later to change to type of the quest (to "none" if I remember right, don't have my notes with me), so they don't do that anymore.

But my request is it to have the repeating courtesan quest by design with the right type. 

In terms of your mod idea, I like those! I like them in RP and I like the plan to have them in NMM! It's just the technical side of it, that's not perfect :smiley:

6 hours ago, worik said:

When you play the Radiant Prostitution mod, you can get so called  "jobs" from the your pimp (an inkeep). Some sound similar to the "repeatible quest about courtesans delivery"

E.g. so called "home delivery jobs" in the style of

• go to that nearby house
  • talk to the customer
  • have sex with him, maybe with his/her guests
  • optionally receive a tip
  • go back to the inkeep and get your money

Spoken in game mechanics: these jobs are little quests... and they are implemented to appear in your quest journal.

So far that's ok, but sooner or later they clutter up your quets log.

I think I can edit the *.esp file later to change to type of the quest (to "none" if I remember right, don't have my notes with me), so they don't do that anymore.

But my request is it to have the repeating courtesan quest by design with the right type. 

In terms of your mod idea, I like those! I like them in RP and I like the plan to have them in NMM! It's just the technical side of it, that's not perfect :smiley:

All my quests are set as "none", and stay in the quest log...

I think the "miscelaneous" setting allow to remove them from quest log.

Yes, the quest will be mostly that, except only with wealthy clients.

20 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

All my quests are set as "none", and stay in the quest log...

I think the "miscelaneous" setting allow to remove them from quest log.

Yes, the quest will be mostly that, except only with wealthy clients.

Ah, yes. Then it must have been "misc".

:smiley: That's why I see the mods in a perfect complement to each other.

The release of DD4 will lead me to a new playthrough and RP will be the first source of income for my no-hero-at-all character. NMM is a wonderfull development to continue the story where RP ends! :blush:

Ok, I have an idea for the NPCs stories :

- Amélie : former thief guild member, blackmailed by Vex because she left the guild with a note... You and Amélie will need to work with Amélie's mentor, Delvin Mallory, to make a special task, and find a way to blackmail Vex.

- Carmen : she's in love with a werewolf, and wish to bring him back to human.

- Caede : a story about forsworns background, for sure... you'll need to kill who sold her as slave.

- Iolia and Asilia : I don't know yet...

- Alpha Merilis : just alittle quest with her mom...

Edit : I think to supress the contant related to the Riekling girl. She's quite useless for the mod... What is your opinion ?

Edit : Argh, I got a bug from creation kit, linked to my esp... all the work I made for version beta 0.1 need to be redone from the beta 0.0 version, if I want to get rid of the bug (the cleaning by tescEdit doesn't solve the problem).

Thanks.

I'm doing now the boards system. I worked with CPU for the script, it should work... but it will more complex than the system used in fallout 3 (why bethesda dev didn't made dynamic scripts for pictures and textures ?)

By the way, I have a question :

What do you think about Axia Lilvahi look ?

I wish to make her "a woman from isles" but I don't really like her haircut.

Please send me your suggestions.

News : thanks to CPU, I have now a system to manage the boards.

I hope I could finish it in the month. Developing a version of the human cattle farm mod caused lot of postpone on my work on NMM.

The new update will also contain a new quest, and I hope I'll be able to create a good version of Axia Lilvahi.

I already don't get it.

So I hired Carmen, took her to Axia.  I then get a mission to just patrol the mansion - the quest arrows stay on Carmen and Axia.  I get some sort of quest called "Mansion's Problems..." with very little understandable instructions.  I get a dialogue that lets me tell everyone in the mansion there's a drunk client, and whoever I tell will make their way over to a room, but nothing else happens.  I get a quest instruction to check on things, but I see nothing to check on, and this quest stage seems to autocomplete.  Then it starts all over again.

So I don't understand anything that's going on.  Choosing to be a courtesan is a little more straightforward, but when I pick up a client and then lead them to bed, the two of us just stare at each other frozen for a while, and I'm told to pick upmy pay.  No sex triggers, and I know that Sexlab is working, as other mods like Scent of Sex, Slaverun Reloaded, and PSQ are working just fine.

(EDIT:  Changing into succubus form seems to allow sex to trigger:  Perhaps this mod isn't detecting something?)

17 hours ago, jonh999999 said:

Unplayable. Every time bugged when i try to serve customer. Window "not now; client; problems" pops up and quest marker is floating in air. Every time. Maybe future release will be good but now unplayable.

???

The client quest works.

I'm fixing the problem client quest.

Actor events can be blocked, I'm trying to fixit...

And there are still aliases conflicts.

Good new is, I done with the boards, and all the 146 scripts needed to manage them.

I wish also to modify the Mansion to something more Riften like manor, with a old vampiric part.

51 minutes ago, worik said:

:thumbsup:

Thanks.

I'll base the Mansion on the Blackbriar Manor, outside Riften... in bigger.

problem client quest fixed.

The main problem are now the aliases conflict (it can happen with NPCs involved as whores and as quest characters, like Axia, Amélie, or Carmen....) and the actor events (I made three quests based on actor events to have NPCs/NPCs interaction in the mansion (mostly whores getting clients and sleep with them)... but they don't really work. I'm lookin for a way to fix it, or to replace it by some quests (like Maria chosen for Maria eden, I'll ask the question).

In the mod SL Eager NPC, there is also a (on/off switchable) NPC-NPC interaction in a special location. Maybe @BeamerMiasma can give you a hint how he did that?

For some location inspiration: There are some supplementary location mods for Maria ClubRifton.esp (Rifton style) and PonyTailClub.esp (Solitude style). Both can be found Maria's download page.

I like them both, very nice style. Even when I play without Maria.

I'll base the Mansion on the Blackbriar Manor, outside Riften... in bigger.

Just to clarify: will you switch only the style or also the cell location of the mansion?

3 hours ago, worik said:

In the mod SL Eager NPC, there is also a (on/off switchable) NPC-NPC interaction in a special location. Maybe @BeamerMiasma can give you a hint how he did that?

For some location inspiration: There are some supplementary location mod for Maria ClubRifton.esp (Rifton style) and PonyTailClub.esp (Solitude style). Both can be found Maria's download page.

I like them both, very nice style. Even when I play without Maria.

Just to clarify: will you switch only the style or also the cell location of the mansion?

The style.

I wish to maintain it near Falkreath... near big towns, it can cause too lot of conflicts with other mods.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:21 PM, Delzaron said:

The style.

I wish to maintain it near Falkreath... near big towns, it can cause too lot of conflicts with other mods.

Your old interior setup has some conflict with various npc mods. I have an upper end rig and it stutters when I bring in various npc characters into mansion. Other mods have had similar problems so you might want to keep that in mind when tiling your new mansion.

54 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

Your old interior setup has some conflict with various npc mods. I have an upper end rig and it stutters when I bring in various npc characters into mansion. Other mods have had similar problems so you might want to keep that in mind when tiling your new mansion.

Adding occlusion planes may help? The big open main hall is possibly stressful for the engine anyway.

If you deliberately place some sight blocking walls/floors and lay an occlision plane through them, skyrim's engine won't render anything behind it.

1 hour ago, BigOnes69 said:

43 minutes ago, worik said:

Adding occlusion planes may help? The big open main hall is possibly stressful for the engine anyway.

If you deliberately place some sight blocking walls/floors and lay an occlision plane through them, skyrim's engine won't render anything behind it.

Occlusion planes ?

9 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

Occlusion planes ?

Sometime called Occlusion culling or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-face_culling

You should find them in the CK.... somewhere.

In example, mods like Skyrim Project Optimization  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32505/?

or ETaC https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13608/? make use of it.

EDIT

If you're in some vanilla dungeons and console-tfc throug hthe walls, you can sometimes see how everything disappears and you are suddenly in an empty void space. Turn back a bit and it suddenly reappears. That's when you pass through such a plane.

It's a rendering trick to lessen the load on the graphics engine.

Most things have worked okay for me so far, but there were a couple problems. Carmen would not follow me after talking to her. I tried just going to Axia to advance the quest, and it did, but Carmen is still just standing out front. Once I got to the "Mansion's Problem" quest, there is no npc at the marker. I can't find what I'm supposed to do now. I tried talking to the npcs around and reloading the area but nothing yet.

2 hours ago, Zach_696 said:

Most things have worked okay for me so far, but there were a couple problems. Carmen would not follow me after talking to her. I tried just going to Axia to advance the quest, and it did, but Carmen is still just standing out front. Once I got to the "Mansion's Problem" quest, there is no npc at the marker. I can't find what I'm supposed to do now. I tried talking to the npcs around and reloading the area but nothing yet.

When you meet her the first time, or in the final quest ?

The packages can be a little slow to respond... for me, I didn't get problems with Carmen following me during her recruitement.

Mansion's problem is quite simple : you talk to a drunk client (the bandit stuff don't work...) and you have the option to take care yourself ou send another girl...