The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

Yeah, so after several days of pain and misery, I was finally able to make the animation work by using the original rig that I hadn’t made any change with, so I think maybe some of the changes I made cause the animation to mess up. I can finally move on to my next project, but before that I have some questions I want to ask you guys :

1.    Do you guys have any way to move the crotch area without moving the entire lower body? I really need this as it makes my process of animating the thrusting animation a little less painful, I can animate it without the worry of having to adjust its legs’ position every time I make a slight movement with the pelvis bone.

2.    How to bake Rigify keyframes into the main rig, if it’s possible? I made a Rigify armature quite a while ago, but when I tried animating it and put it into the game, my sims would just stand still in the rest position, so it looks like S4S doesn’t recognize keyframes on rigify armature. I honestly want to work with the rigify armature more cuz it helps me create more natural pose, plus I made a lot of change to that file to help with my animation process and it will be such a shame if I can’t use it. I don’t really understand what baking does. They seem to add a bunch of keyframes into the rig so that S4S can recognize all the data of the rig. And I see a lot of people on this topic saying to “bake animation on the control rig into the main rig, then delete the control rig”, so i guess maybe you can transfer the keyframe from the control rig into the main rig with bake animation. I just don’t know how. I tried to use the bake option on the S4S rig and it worked fine. But I could also just add 2 keyframes on all the legs and arms bones and it worked completely fine too, so I find it kinda redundant to do. Please tell me if you can bake keyframes from rigify bones into S4S rig and, if yes, how to do it?

3.    How to add sound? I want to add like custom moaning sounds to the animation but I don’t really know how to convert it into the data that S4S can use.

4.    I want to make jiggle physics for more parts than just the chest (like thighs, butt, etc.), but I am unsure if the game will recognize it. So I want to ask how to add jiggle physics into the game? 

Hope someone can help me with these questions. Thank you very much!

21 hours ago, D.A.M said:

Yeah, so after several days of pain and misery, I was finally able to make the animation work by using the original rig that I hadn’t made any change with, so I think maybe some of the changes I made cause the animation to mess up. I can finally move on to my next project, but before that I have some questions I want to ask you guys :

1.    Do you guys have any way to move the crotch area without moving the entire lower body? I really need this as it makes my process of animating the thrusting animation a little less painful, I can animate it without the worry of having to adjust its legs’ position every time I make a slight movement with the pelvis bone.

2.    How to bake Rigify keyframes into the main rig, if it’s possible? I made a Rigify armature quite a while ago, but when I tried animating it and put it into the game, my sims would just stand still in the rest position, so it looks like S4S doesn’t recognize keyframes on rigify armature. I honestly want to work with the rigify armature more cuz it helps me create more natural pose, plus I made a lot of change to that file to help with my animation process and it will be such a shame if I can’t use it. I don’t really understand what baking does. They seem to add a bunch of keyframes into the rig so that S4S can recognize all the data of the rig. And I see a lot of people on this topic saying to “bake animation on the control rig into the main rig, then delete the control rig”, so i guess maybe you can transfer the keyframe from the control rig into the main rig with bake animation. I just don’t know how. I tried to use the bake option on the S4S rig and it worked fine. But I could also just add 2 keyframes on all the legs and arms bones and it worked completely fine too, so I find it kinda redundant to do. Please tell me if you can bake keyframes from rigify bones into S4S rig and, if yes, how to do it?

3.    How to add sound? I want to add like custom moaning sounds to the animation but I don’t really know how to convert it into the data that S4S can use.

4.    I want to make jiggle physics for more parts than just the chest (like thighs, butt, etc.), but I am unsure if the game will recognize it. So I want to ask how to add jiggle physics into the game? 

What happens is that the vast majority here uses the dagger's rig, I recommend that you also use it, since apparently it is what you are looking for. 

Regarding sounds, Turbo has a tutorial Adding Native Events to Animations [6] - WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)

3 hours ago, Swee3 said:

What happens is that the vast majority here uses the dagger's rig, I recommend that you also use it, since apparently it is what you are looking for. 

Regarding sounds, Turbo has a tutorial Adding Native Events to Animations [6] - WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)

Ok thank you so much!! Just one dumb question though :)))))

image.png.9bb96f8b843f016c7ecd5dff9e58d414.png

How to change the mesh's texture into the human skin. I remember there is a hotkey you can press to change the texture of the mesh, but I tried every button and couldn't seem to find it. Can you help me please?

6 hours ago, D.A.M said:

Ok thank you so much!! Just one dumb question though :)))))

image.png.9bb96f8b843f016c7ecd5dff9e58d414.png

How to change the mesh's texture into the human skin. I remember there is a hotkey you can press to change the texture of the mesh, but I tried every button and couldn't seem to find it. Can you help me please?

click the body mesh in object mode and go to the material in the properties tab and pick the material there, make sure the mesh is actually selectable first using the filters in the outliner

On 2/22/2024 at 8:39 AM, D.A.M said:

4, not sure if you can make jiggle physics for the thighs or butt, because there's only a limited amount of bones you can use, but if its something you're really interested in trying to do try asking @Khlas,i think they are more knowledgeable in this field.

The main common problem (sorry guys) is people don't wanna learn anything even about the software they use and they try to find the "make it cool" button. There is no such button, no easy way, you need to learn, learn, try and try...

This makes me personally skip questions if I see that the person has not tried to learn anything.

6 hours ago, KatsuKitty said:

click the body mesh in object mode and go to the material in the properties tab and pick the material there, make sure the mesh is actually selectable first using the filters in the outliner

Hi, thank you for your reply! I did it like what you said and found out that the mesh didn't have the human skin texture. So I copied the texture from my old rig .blend file and put it into this file. It turned out pretty good. I still need to do some test to make sure that the rig can work in the game, but overall, I think I'm ready to make my own animation package now. I really appreciate you guys' help. Thank you!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, i am new to this great community. Reading trough all the pages i also saw that some use besides the DaggersControlRig_FemaleBoobPhysics_Blender3.3 rig 
also an similar for the male with genital physics. Would be great if someone could share the link. (BCD rig was it called if i am not mistaken)

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what might be the cause of my animation being ever so slightly off in game but is perfectly aligned in blender. See screenshots below.
For reference, the XML doesn't have any positional offsets. Both the male and female blend files are the same tick count, tick length, and total duration. In the Blend file, both rigs are also at 0,0,0 and never moved the origin. I can't tell if its one of the models being offset, or if its something with mismatch animation speeds that arent lining up.

I saw someone had the same question/issue back in like 2017 on page 2-3 of this topic but never saw a resolution get posted.

Any thoughts?

03-27-24_7-01-36 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-27 190849.png

Edited by Swizzle_Sims
17 hours ago, Swizzle_Sims said:

Does anyone know what might be the cause of my animation being ever so slightly off in game but is perfectly aligned in blender. See screenshots below.
For reference, the XML doesn't have any positional offsets. Both the male and female blend files are the same tick count, tick length, and total duration. In the Blend file, both rigs are also at 0,0,0 and never moved the origin. I can't tell if its one of the models being offset, or if its something with mismatch animation speeds that arent lining up.

I saw someone had the same question/issue back in like 2017 on page 2-3 of this topic but never saw a resolution get posted.

Any thoughts?

Fixed my own issue.

When I first started my blend file, I keyframed Loc/Rot/Scale on frame 1 so everything was ready to animate. As I was going through clicking random bones, I noticed that some bones would just randomly have small changes in their Location X/Y/Z.

Needless to say, I just had to spend the time, clicking every bone that isn't meant to be positional changed, and deleted those keyframes, and reset all those values to 0. Once I did that and went through the export and package building, everything lines up in game now.

I never move bones with the position gizmo outside of ones like the hips, hands, feets, etc. But somehow the various penis controls were getting randomly positions of like 0.000485 and that was enough to throw it off in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello animators! Hope everyone is doing well. My question today is a bit different for this thread as it's not a technical issue I want to raise, but just a general question to all of you. How do you guys keep yourself motivated to keep producing animations? There are animators her on LL that have released hundreds of animations and continue to churn out more. I on the other hand started animating about 3 years ago and have managed to make about 10. I find myself with a million and one ideas about what to do and yet can never bring myself to actually make them, as I always seem to convince myself I have something better to do. How do you guys do it?

3 hours ago, Nelandros said:

Hello animators! Hope everyone is doing well. My question today is a bit different for this thread as it's not a technical issue I want to raise, but just a general question to all of you. How do you guys keep yourself motivated to keep producing animations? There are animators her on LL that have released hundreds of animations and continue to churn out more. I on the other hand started animating about 3 years ago and have managed to make about 10. I find myself with a million and one ideas about what to do and yet can never bring myself to actually make them, as I always seem to convince myself I have something better to do. How do you guys do it?

i ask myself the same question lol, i think it all come down to discipline, or that they really enjoy what they do, i also struggle finishing animations because of all of the different ideas i had, but one tip i'd give you is to just start small, like with a looping animation, because those are the easiest to make, it will make you feel way more accomplished and motivated to make more animations in the long run if you start small. i also think it has to do with time management , which is another thing i suck at lol , they're really good at managing their time, but your the first person to ask a question like this on this thread,  i honestly thought i was the only one who felt this way , glad im not alone haha

On 4/16/2024 at 12:02 AM, KatsuKitty said:

i ask myself the same question lol, i think it all come down to discipline, or that they really enjoy what they do, i also struggle finishing animations because of all of the different ideas i had, but one tip i'd give you is to just start small, like with a looping animation, because those are the easiest to make, it will make you feel way more accomplished and motivated to make more animations in the long run if you start small. i also think it has to do with time management , which is another thing i suck at lol , they're really good at managing their time, but your the first person to ask a question like this on this thread,  i honestly thought i was the only one who felt this way , glad im not alone haha

Maybe that is my problem. I've always been a perfectionist which basically destroys any concept of time management for me. The fact that I always like to overcomplicate things really doesn't help either I suppose! Unfortunately none of my ideas are simple (there's one in particular I've had in mind since the beginning as my "ultimate", final animation, but I dread to think how long it would actually take me now that I know how time consuming animation actually is!)

I remember that me and a group of friends got into writing, and we agreed that if any of us got lazy and didn't accomplish anything then the others were allowed to come over to that persons house and punch them! Wouldn't that be an interesting motivator for animating! 😂

17 hours ago, Nelandros said:

Maybe that is my problem. I've always been a perfectionist which basically destroys any concept of time management for me. The fact that I always like to overcomplicate things really doesn't help either I suppose! Unfortunately none of my ideas are simple (there's one in particular I've had in mind since the beginning as my "ultimate", final animation, but I dread to think how long it would actually take me now that I know how time consuming animation actually is!)

I remember that me and a group of friends got into writing, and we agreed that if any of us got lazy and didn't accomplish anything then the others were allowed to come over to that persons house and punch them! Wouldn't that be an interesting motivator for animating! 😂

i think we might be the same person, i struggle with being a overcomplicating things too , also i think i need to be punched.. several times lol that would probably be helpful. i have a lot  of unfinished bigger projects, i just try and put the bigger ideas to the side and make something simple because then all of my time gets consumed by that one big animation project and if i dont end up liking the end result i scrap it and start over because im a perfectionist, this is why i barely finish anything. :classic_sad: 

Edited by KatsuKitty

Hiya, I've been trying to get back into animating and I'm trying to wrap my head around the new rigs and the latest blender programme.

I'm confused by the new list of items to pick when appending a sim.

I'm in object and I'm supposed to select the body parts and ignore lamps or cameras, but now there are these items saying shape. Following the original turbodriver tutorial, I did my best to follow but the tutorial doesn't seem to apply to the rigs I'm using.Screenshot2024-04-23155553.png.453a93a7e2752ab3f6e55a8b4f00c462.png

This is what happens when I click the objects I think I'm supposed to use.

Screenshot2024-04-23155622.png.3786e4ea221f58ec0d75c6f664c43aff.png

This is a lot busier than I remember and I can't select anything to move or rotate. What exactly am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me please? I'd really appreciate it x