The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

2 hours ago, Zivyx said:

I don't know anything about that part. What do I have to do there?

You'll need to enter the warehouse tab and adjust the values for the clip and clhd files,

Generally s4studio seems to overshoot it by one frame eveytime :classic_blink: dunno how!

Set the correct number of frames, then multiply this by the tick length, 0.03333334

To get the correct duration,

Once these are set up, the loop should play without any seams if your first and last keyframes match 

1 minute ago, Zivyx said:

I added 6 more frames to the tick count, and multiplied it with the tick length. It's slightly better, but it still doesn't loop perfectly.

Looks fine to me! Just be aware that the game is prone to dropping/skipping the odd frame here or there with custom animations so it could just be that you're noticing, it tends to show more in faster paced animations and can also result in sounds being missed occasionally if it skips over a timecode

13 minutes ago, Zivyx said:

How do I name the clips in sims4pe? I honestly have no idea how to use this program.

00x.thumb.jpg.9e85f1c9d8e6535097067f6b03a78780.jpg

Just double click on a clip file and check both boxes to enable the text field then rename as appropriate,

This name will only show in s4pe when locating your files,

The blend and stbl names are not affected by this 

1 hour ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

wanted to do something with noir's f*tanari penis ? i wanted it look good without the dick as well, for versitility's sake, but i haven't checked if it does. very wip. i think the gif came out slightly slow as well whoops.

Well done! There's a very strong chance of it being universal gender, it looks nice and playful already, maybe outstretch the fingers on the ground to simulate the weight, keep that movement in the arm because some swaying is natural and try rotate the hand so it twists with the movement :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Well done! There's a very strong chance of it being universal gender, it looks nice and playful already, maybe outstretch the fingers on the ground to simulate the weight, keep that movement in the arm because some swaying is natural and try rotate the hand so it twists with the movement :classic_biggrin:

It would probably clip on a sim with balls, but i'll have a go seeing what I can do with them when the rest of this main loop is done. It'll be low priority.

Thanks for the advice with the arms! yeah ive gotta do something with the arms and fingers, if you look from another angle you can see the bottom sim is basically holding themselves up by their fingertips. its not great. and this'll give me somewhere to go when fixing that.

wip2.gif.80ac16d87546ef3c54a8ba296ad6aeab.gif

(unchanged animation since last WIP, just from a different angle)

8 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.

TS4_x64 2018-04-17 14-15-10-19.webm

Very nice work. May i ask how you managed to get the hands to follow the breasts because in SFM there was a way to lock specific bones to other bones so they'd follow their movements, but i'm not seeing how to do this in Blender or if it's even possible? If you hand animated that movement then even bigger props to you sir.

8 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Why has no animator given this shower tub combo love? I like the standalone shower and all but this offers more room and possibilities since it also has the tub.

Hide contents

I think I maybe able to edit a couple of my solo animations for the shower to fit this without too much headache,

I'm planning a lesbian couple in the shower too so will try also to include it  :blush:

Very WIP i'd say. Got a little stuck on the females head, neck and chest area as i'm not sure how it should move up the chain so i moved on to something else and will look up references later. 

Spoiler

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.070d3f28dad3d76b21478206ea0df008.gif

The snap back on the breasts is the start of the loop and I'm not sure how to bake the breast physics so they stop jiggling around all over the place and loop smoothly without that rubber banding at the start of the loop. (I have also tried baking the breasts in the physics tab, but to no avail and i still get the "jump" at the start.)) I'd say the male head also needs some work as it looks a little snappy. (I haven't offset much yet, only the hips, pelvis and bodies controller to try and get the rhythm correct.)

4 hours ago, Zivyx said:

--snip--

I wonder where the spoiler button disappeared to:confused:

Real nice. It looks like you spend a lot of time working on the pose to get it just right/perfect and it really shows in the quality of your animations. There are so many good animators here. #goals

Urgh, I did a couple pose last night and saved my work but when i opened it this morning they were in the t-pose. (I forgot to key the initial poses and just saved and quit.) 

(in my defence i was half asleep. :classic_sleep:)

On a side note. I'd love for the Sims to eventually get to Skyrim level of detail, as in animated genitals instead of just ramming into static texture. (vagina/anal) I doubt that will ever happen though, but never say never.

20 hours ago, spoons666 said:

Very WIP i'd say. Got a little stuck on the females head, neck and chest area as i'm not sure how it should move up the chain so i moved on to something else and will look up references later. 

Hide contents

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.070d3f28dad3d76b21478206ea0df008.gif

The snap back on the breasts is the start of the loop and I'm not sure how to bake the breast physics so they stop jiggling around all over the place and loop smoothly without that rubber banding at the start of the loop. (I have also tried baking the breasts in the physics tab, but to no avail and i still get the "jump" at the start.)) I'd say the male head also needs some work as it looks a little snappy. (I haven't offset much yet, only the hips, pelvis and bodies controller to try and get the rhythm correct.)

I like it a lot, it's very good, almost realistic looking!

Few things i still need to key/fix. (Like the males hands/fingers, eyes, head and just some general movement.) I focused mostly on the female and i'll probably need to fix that left foot as it looks a bit fast/sharp, but i've learned a lot with this animation i'd say.

Spoiler

Untitled1.gif.6ceb14b9af2909c2d2fb7be2c57735f5.gifUntitled2.gif.2c3d1bd5fd765aad6a8d64f745c285d3.gif5adbcf68af4f5_Untitled2.gif.6c282a09bff795e03fc038df89728dee.gif

I spent about an hour just on her right leg and i still don't like it. :dissapointed: Meh, time for sleep.

5 hours ago, Zivyx said:

That looks very good! Much better than what I did recently. It's a good idea to take breaks every now and then, and tackle it again. You'll get it right eventually.

Reveal hidden contents

blender 2018-04-22 01-23-18-88.webm

blender 2018-04-22 01-23-57-75.webm

blender 2018-04-22 01-24-11-45.webm

I differently wouldn't say that. You're too kind.

Your animations are very fluid. I'm happy-ish at where i'm at currently since i only started animating yesterday. (I've done a bit of of SFM animation) but never touched blender animation before because the Dope Sheet was a bit intimidating, but rather easy to grasp once i used it for awhile. Now the Graph Editor is very intimidating but i feel like i need to learn it eventually to get the most out of my animations.

I doubt i'll ever have an animation that i love because i'll always try to spot something that's wrong with it and it'll nag at me. 

13 hours ago, Zivyx said:

That looks very good! Much better than what I did recently. It's a good idea to take breaks every now and then, and tackle it again. You'll get it right eventually.

Reveal hidden contents

Another good idea might be to release an animation pack :smiley:

I DO have a question now.

Does anyone know of a way to link an IK Rig I've built into a pet, to it's rotational pivot bone structure that comes with it?

For example, I pull a dog and all it's Objects out of Sims 4 with Sims 4 Studio. It comes with little rotational dots I can use to animate. As I'm sure you know, those suck for animating.
I want to build an IK Rig, and then link it to those dots, so I don't have to weight paint the whole dog again. Basically use my Rig to attach to the EA Rig.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? lol, explaining it is harder than actually animating it.

You need to setup the rig so it has an FK/IK switch like they did with the female/male characters. This is pretty simple to do personally but about connecting the rig to the main rig is where my knowledge drops off.

Although, it's up to you if you just want to go with FK and/or IK, but it'd make the animators job way easier if they had the option for both.

Here is a video that'll explain the basics of the switch and it can easily be replicated into your project. It's basically like this;

Deform bones; These are the bones that have the weights assigned to them and should already be there. (The bones/weights your dog had when you imported it.)

FK bones; These are the FK bones and will allow you to move the dog in FK mode. (These are non-deform bones.)

IK bones; These are obviously the IK bones and will allow you to control your dog in IK mode. (Non-deform bones too.)

You'll use drivers to influence the FK/IK bones control over the deform bones and have a little switch to swap between the two.

But again, my knowledge sadly only goes as far as actually making a FK/IK switch from original bones because i use to make them for the SFM models.

Spoiler

5ae95d8e1891e_FKIKswitch.thumb.gif.02f6fbcc609879f1b6cad1c5c1b0a0e3.gif

Just opening one of the sims 4 rigs that someone has made looks like a lot more "knowledge" went into it than what i currently have, although they 100% used the FK/IK switch method as looking in the different armature layers will show you three different sets of the skeleton. (Deform, FK and IK.)

Either way, i'd say that video was really helpful as it taught me the basics of the switch. It's on a tentacle, but the concept can be replicated to anything.

1 hour ago, Zivyx said:
  Hide contents

The best chuckle I've had in a while lol.

TS4_x64 2018-05-02 10-52-06-45.webm

Whoa i've missed out on a lot! Didn't even know you're posting in this thread..  As always, your style is truly unique and the way you animate the actors is nothing short of perfect imo.