The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

On 6/7/2018 at 12:25 PM, The Afro Samurai said:

I've bookmarked this thread as I've decided to give this a shot as well. There are various rigs, is there one that any of you recommend over the other and why?

Personally I'm still using the original rig supplied by turbo's tutorial,

I just set up constraints for the spine and limbs so they work in a chain when I move them to loc rot in the next position,

It helps me avoid the unnatural twisting of elbows and knees to a degree

6 hours ago, khyan69 said:

your animations are great, what do you want to do with them, a patreon?

No patreon. I'm not interested in that kind of thing. I'll probably upload them here, if I get them to look a little better.

4 hours ago, Anobis said:

Hey, i would like to create animations, but for some reason i cant get them to show up in game so i must be doing something wrong. In sims package editor, i dont have any CLHD files. Is that a probem ? 

I think those need to be in there. Try again and make sure they're included.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:16 AM, Anobis said:

They just won't show up. Instead i have UNKN files i. In the end i can't see my animations in game ...

Post screenshots. Did you import the blend file of your animation with sims 4 studio? Sims 4 studio was recently updated for the patch and for Seasons.

11 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Post screenshots. Did you import the blend file of your animation with sims 4 studio? Sims 4 studio was recent;y updated for the patch and for Seasons.

I did the whole sims 4 studio thing but i think package editor is the problem, i can't see CLHD files and even my XLM file when i import it is labeled as UNKN. On top of that this weird error pops up when i try to save it so maybe it would even work but package editor won't allow me to even save. 

rr.jpg

7 hours ago, Anobis said:

I did the whole sims 4 studio thing but i think package editor is the problem, i can't see CLHD files and even my XLM file when i import it is labeled as UNKN. On top of that this weird error pops up when i try to save it so maybe it would even work but package editor won't allow me to even save. 

rr.jpg

Try it again with a fresh copy of s4pe. Maybe something got corrupted, I don't know. It was said that extracting s4pe with anything other than 7zip will cause problems.

http://modthesims.info/t/559823

Okay... I need help, I created some animations but I'm stuck at the XML part, It's not really hard but, where is the supposed template that the image shows?

tumblr_inline_pabn9a4ziD1qfbezl_1280.png

I only have this 

image.png.86dae8ce31a523ad25527fefca7f7529.png 

EDIT: Nevermind, I saved the XML link, not the text, I feel like an idiot

@Zivyx

Dunno why on earth you are so hard on yourself!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very fussy about the things I make too,

But you've come a long way in a very short time and already you know far more about the Blender and it's features than I do,

Your animations are far better than you realize and not all that download them are so picky,

If I were you I'd be proud of the level your at as you are doing great and have potential to make a name for yourself,

You're becoming a lot bigger than you realize and you should put some thought into starting a thread so more can appreciate your progress,

Not everyone views these discussions outside of download section and a lot of people would find it hard to believe that this came from zero previous experience!

56 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

@Zivyx

Dunno why on earth you are so hard on yourself!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very fussy about the things I make too,

But you've come a long way in a very short time and already you know far more about the Blender and it's features than I do,

Your animations are far better than you realize and not all that download them are so picky,

If I were you I'd be proud of the level your at as you are doing great and have potential to make a name for yourself,

You're becoming a lot bigger than you realize and you should put some thought into starting a thread so more can appreciate your progress,

Not everyone views these discussions outside of download section and a lot of people would find it hard to believe that this came from zero previous experience!

^this

42 minutes ago, Anobis said:

What do I have to enter in "animation_clip_name" in xml file?

You put the name of the clip there.

clip.thumb.jpg.6bd61d0b6d5acdc3a86eecfc69767993.jpg

xml.thumb.jpg.fab0e8193ae36a75d1cccc562f94b230.jpg

2 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Time to revisit the pillow again?

15 hours ago, Zivyx said:

I'll consider it, and thanks. ?

The cycles modifier in the graph editor seems to very useful. I've been playing around with mainly on this animation.

You have some great animations! I am very impressed about how real they look. Mine still look real stiff, but I'm working on it.