The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

52 minutes ago, Zeusguy said:

So, I'd really like to get plumper, chubbier, fuller figured female figures in rigged blend files-- bigger breasts, hips, bellies, and asses--  so I can get a better sense of where the bits will line up for my curvier sims, which is most of them; preferably futa so every actor can fill whatever role and be fully animated.

is there anyone more familiar with blender that might be interested in doing this?  Is there some way I could do this, while keeping scale?

Just a guess but you might might be to do this on the fly by hitting s to rescale parts of the body in edit mode,

If you can resize the physique to a rough proportion of your Sim and save as your own rig edit!

In edit mode,

Press s then z to scale horizontal and s then x for vertical I think!

Guest Zivyx
1 hour ago, Zeusguy said:

So, I'd really like to get plumper, chubbier, fuller figured female figures in rigged blend files-- bigger breasts, hips, bellies, and asses--  so I can get a better sense of where the bits will line up for my curvier sims, which is most of them; preferably futa so every actor can fill whatever role and be fully animated.

is there anyone more familiar with blender that might be interested in doing this?  Is there some way I could do this, while keeping scale?

You can try these I think:

http://redheadsims-cc.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-sims-4-rigs-collection-for-blender.html

tumblr_ozislpF4OB1vwalgio10_r1_1280.pngtumblr_ozislpF4OB1vwalgio7_r1_1280.png

2+QUARTER.png

http://redheadsims-cc.blogspot.com/2017/05/sims-4-pregnancy-rigs-for-blender.html

6 hours ago, Zivyx said:

I don't like how the breasts clip through the guy's chest. It looks worst with big breasted and fat sims.

Can't you adjust the breasts after you've baked so they rest on top of the chest. (Bit more work on your part but the results may look better and you wont of wasted your time on an animation.) This is assuming you're using physics for the breasts, but if you're not you can just animate them normally without baking first.

Or you could pull the female up a bit so she is not as close to the male.

2 hours ago, doxian said:

It's difficult, but I'll improve. every day Ill make an animation. my goal is to get better than l666 

Nice work! You're improving and the only way to keep improving is to keep at it. Just watch out for those arms (and legs) as in real life they usually never become as straight as that as it looks "snappy" and for me personally whenever i see the arms/legs snap straight like that it makes my animation look very un-natural. Play around with her clavicle and think about how the force is being applied. For example, she would use the end of the bed to push herself back up and onto the males dick so the shoulders should come forward to emphasize that motion. Also a little trick i learned is focusing on the main motion loop first and once you're happy with it just copy and paste that loop a couple of times and then work on the face, head, eyes and mouth, etc... As this will give it a more natural look. Or you could work on the whole thing in one loop and then copy and paste everything a couple of times and then change up the secondary parts (face, head, eyes and mouth, etc...) so they are all different and brake out of said loop, but obviously remember to keep the first and the last key the same for the actual loop, as i'm sure you know.

19 hours ago, spoons666 said:

Nice work! You're improving and the only way to keep improving is to keep at it. Just watch out for those arms (and legs) as in real life they usually never become as straight as that as it looks "snappy" and for me personally whenever i see the arms/legs snap straight like that it makes my animation look very un-natural. Play around with her clavicle and think about how the force is being applied. For example, she would use the end of the bed to push herself back up and onto the males dick so the shoulders should come forward to emphasize that motion. Also a little trick i learned is focusing on the main motion loop first and once you're happy with it just copy and paste that loop a couple of times and then work on the face, head, eyes and mouth, etc... As this will give it a more natural look. Or you could work on the whole thing in one loop and then copy and paste everything a couple of times and then change up the secondary parts (face, head, eyes and mouth, etc...) so they are all different and brake out of said loop, but obviously remember to keep the first and the last key the same for the actual loop, as i'm sure you know.

first of all, thanks for the feedback 
I will use these tips in the next animations. I use some +18 gifs as a reference and an improved rig by dagger available in this forum is easier to use than all others I have tested (mainly nanashi / kimijo rigs). 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 2:27 AM, doxian said:

two questions:

what version of blender do you guys use?

and wheres Zivyx???

Hey! I'm using the version that's linked on Turbo's page, not sure about compatibility with other versions though so it might help to experiment,

Dunno where Zivyx went but everything is gone! Hopefully we hear something soon

2 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Also what happened to rigging the canine?

Been a bit quiet on that front for a couple weeks! Appears that the lack of moodlets may have been a deal-breaker

How do we access vanilla animation files? I was thinking of starting animating my self but I had a idea involving the pass out animation. Where they're on the floor and out cold. ?

Was going to build off those frames where they're on the ground and make some 'passed out drunk taken advantage of' theme animations.

1 hour ago, Darkening Demise said:

How do we access vanilla animation files? I was thinking of starting animating my self but I had a idea involving the pass out animation. Where they're on the floor and out cold. ?

Was going to build off those frames where they're on the ground and make some 'passed out drunk taken advantage of' theme animations.

Did YRSA do something like that once? With a conjuring animation?

On 5/24/2018 at 2:27 AM, doxian said:

two questions:

and wheres Zivyx???

I use version 2.76 and

i do hope Zivyx comes back as their animations were very promising. At they very least i wish them well.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:35 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Also what happened to rigging the canine?

I can personally rig the canine to have an IK/FK switch rig, but i have no idea how they managed to get the controller_rig to control the original_rig (That honestly blows my mind how they did that.) This is talking about the female/male rigs, but the same would apply for the canines as well since they'll probably be made with their original_rig and a control_rig like the male and females. (My guess is maybe drivers, but i'm not sure.)

4 hours ago, Zhon said:

Are you Zivyx? Because those first two animations are ones he/she posted here. (But have since been deleted for some reason because i believe they left? But i definitely remember them posting those first two animations.) If you aren't Zivyx and you just stole his first two animations and added your animation to the end then there is really no need to do this as you can tell by the quality of the first two animations and the last one that they are done by completely different people and i know this is a WIP animation thread, but Zivyx never released an animation preview that was not of the same quality to the first two animations in your post. (This is not a negative thing as many people have different skill levels and the only way to improve is to keep at it.) You definitely shouldn't be stealing other peoples animations though and claiming them off as your own because even if you feel like your animations suck, that's why you post them here to get feedback/show everyone what you're making. Everyone sucks at making animations their first time round, but it's the people who stick at it that get really good. (100% with out a doubt those first two animations are Zivyx's.) Hell, my animations are trash compared to Zivyx, but again, people learn at different paces.

My WIP Stage animations; (fixing the breasts physics still allude me and i think if i ever make a pack i'll just hand animate/fix the breasts at the start myself to stop that annoying "bounce".)

Spoiler
On 6/3/2018 at 3:58 AM, spoons666 said:

I use version 2.76 and

i do hope Zivyx comes back as their animations were very promising. At they very least i wish them well.

I can personally rig the canine to have an IK/FK switch rig, but i have no idea how they managed to get the controller_rig to control the original_rig (That honestly blows my mind how they did that.) This is talking about the female/male rigs, but the same would apply for the canines as well since they'll probably be made with their original_rig and a control_rig like the male and females. (My guess is maybe drivers, but i'm not sure.)

Are you Zivyx? Because those first two animations are ones he/she posted here. (But have since been deleted for some reason because i believe they left? But i definitely remember them posting those first two animations.) If you aren't Zivyx and you just stole his first two animations and added your animation to the end then there is really no need to do this as you can tell by the quality of the first two animations and the last one that they are done by completely different people and i know this is a WIP animation thread, but Zivyx never released an animation preview that was not of the same quality to the first two animations in your post. (This is not a negative thing as many people have different skill levels and the only way to improve is to keep at it.) You definitely shouldn't be stealing other peoples animations though and claiming them off as your own because even if you feel like your animations suck, that's why you post them here to get feedback/show everyone what you're making. Everyone sucks at making animations their first time round, but it's the people who stick at it that get really good. (100% with out a doubt those first two animations are Zivyx's.) Hell, my animations are trash compared to Zivyx, but again, people learn at different paces.

My WIP Stage animations; (fixing the breasts physics still allude me and i think if i ever make a pack i'll just hand animate/fix the breasts at the start myself to stop that annoying "bounce".)

Reveal hidden contents

Okay Spoons666. I'll make my own from now on?

On 5/24/2018 at 4:27 AM, doxian said:

I've updated my blender to 2.79a, but as it seems my sims studio doesn't support other than 2.70, so at the moment I can't get anything out from sims to help in animating... Everything exported before blender update works ... ON Blender at least... haven't tried to get anything into the game yet due the lack of time for animating... 

Spoiler

1611484721_Doctorsorderteaser1.jpg.8a704480ece5445da32806e91f2114eb.jpg

and I updated my blender due some wierdass graphic broblems witch re-doing my 2.70 blender didn't fix... I've tried to look and install never S4S but haven't had any luck with that, so I'm a bit stuck between too new and old enough tools for animating...

For the other guestion... I have no idea...

OK so I was thinking about starting basic with some toys. Noir and others got some so anyone know how to set it up? I'm thinking of this toy right here since Yrsa has some basic animations for it. That or this wall dildo by Noir which might be better since I do not need to mess with fingers for it just back up into the wall. heh heh

Guess I'll download Blender and figure things out.

This realistic wall dildo might be a good choice.

2044996576_06-04-18_1-24-14AM.thumb.png.a03ab573e813ed37b2c892b4419cace0.png

Yrsa is like the only one I know of that touched this toy. Showing one of their animations here with my kin.

1024774290_06-04-18_1-25-01AM.thumb.png.ba8364dfce812029efd8d02f6737a71a.png

On 6/4/2018 at 6:31 AM, Darkening Demise said:

OK so I was thinking about starting basic with some toys. Noir and others got some so anyone know how to set it up? I'm thinking of this toy right here since Yrsa has some basic animations for it. That or this wall dildo by Noir which might be better since I do not need to mess with fingers for it just back up into the wall. heh heh

Guess I'll download Blender and figure things out.

Reveal hidden contents

This realistic wall dildo might be a good choice.

2044996576_06-04-18_1-24-14AM.thumb.png.a03ab573e813ed37b2c892b4419cace0.png

Yrsa is like the only one I know of that touched this toy. Showing one of their animations here with my kin.

1024774290_06-04-18_1-25-01AM.thumb.png.ba8364dfce812029efd8d02f6737a71a.png

Good luck with your experimenting!

The wall dildo can be a tricky one too start with as objects will always generate on floor in centre of blender,

You'd need to simulate the position how it appears in game first which is pretty tricky,

I did this for a wall light so a lady of the night could be leaning in wait against a wall,

This took a lot of trial and error with a bunch of in game snaps of it lined up beside a door as reference to get a correct height,

Of course, if the lot you play has foundation, this will throw it out alignment so it wouldn't fit all houses,

Not impossible but requires some fiddling,

If I attempt this at some point (been thinking of it for time thanks to a blonde polish girl!) I'll try remember to send you a blend file of it in position

6 hours ago, Zeusguy said:

I was thinking of an animation for a bar that uses a glass... unfortunately, it seems all of the glasses move as one object.  Any recommendations/ideas that don't involve using an accessory attached to the sim itself?

Why not try downloading a glass decor object, and animate it? Will this work?

w-600h-450-2761520.jpg

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims4-objects-furnishing-decor/

1589681782_blender2018-06-0707-02-23-76.thumb.jpg.1ccf6ffc9b604e690be7c5f8a6670d03.jpg