The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

1 hour ago, kortjakje said:

@Zivyx, where should I polish more? Could you be more specific? Are you referring to the fingers clipping in, or more blinking, more expression on the face?

Certain areas such as the hands for example, move too slow. The head movement is stiff, work on it some more. Remember that parts of the body don't all start and stop at the same time:

Take a look at this:

http://blog.animationmentor.com/follow-through-and-overlapping-action-the-12-basic-principles-of-animation/

22 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Certain areas such as the hands for example, move too slow. The head movement is stiff, work on it some more. Remember that parts of the body don't all start and stop at the same time:

Take a look at this:

http://blog.animationmentor.com/follow-through-and-overlapping-action-the-12-basic-principles-of-animation/

Hi Zivyx,

I have just recently seen some of your animations in this thread. I really like how smooth your animations look.  Is it because you make sure that different parts of the body don't all start and stop at the same time?  If so, how do you space them out to make the animation smooth like that?  Also, do you ever plan on creating a WickedWhims package and sharing your animations with the community?

11 hours ago, millionserved said:

Hi Zivyx,

I have just recently seen some of your animations in this thread. I really like how smooth your animations look.  Is it because you make sure that different parts of the body don't all start and stop at the same time?  If so, how do you space them out to make the animation smooth like that?  Also, do you ever plan on creating a WickedWhims package and sharing your animations with the community?

That's right. You can offset the keyframes. I like to use the graph editor as well.

When my animations suck less, I guess.

2 hours ago, doxian said:

amazing.  how would the futa version be? >D

Probably about the same. The other rig is suppose to be asleep. I might still have to make minor adjustments.

16 hours ago, Zivyx said:

When my animations suck less, I guess.

I know I'm jumping in here at random, I largely just lurk, but man, you gotta work on your ability to take pride in your talents. I know you won't believe anyone who tells you this, but your animations are objectively good. I would use the hell out of them in my game lol! Have you considered how discouraging it might be for a newer animator to see someone of higher ability shit on their own work?

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying because I also used to constantly deny my own talents when I was much younger, I've been there. I had my reasons for engaging in that behaviour, and I'm sure you have your reasons. But you are allowed to feel good about your work, even if your work isn't perfect, or turns out isn't as good as you thought it was, you're still allowed to feel good about it. Being a perfectionist isn't an excuse to be horrible to yourself.

That being said, it's also ok if you just don't feel ready to make a download page. Do things on your own terms, that's cool. Keep up the awesome work :) 

On 7/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, Sierrebrarc said:

From what I understand you just animate the object like it was a character. Then make a save for it just like you would for a male, female, extra, etc..

What I'm not sure about is if you keep the rig for the prop when you animate it. I remember someone saying something about it in this thread, but I can't recall the answer.

As for the larger breasts, ass, etc, your animation will only line up with what you specifically set it to. Each persons size choices will cause varying levels of clipping or missing. Oh if only we had fixed body types like Morrowind lol.

OH!!! and I keep looking for different ways to tweak things.

Newbie tip: If you made an animation that is too fast you can grab all the keys that are part of it, and hit "S" then stretch it out. Just remember to line up the first key where you wanted it after you are done. Everything else will be spread out evenly.

Nice tip, that you can stretch a certain part of the animation. But can you do this the other way around? (I will have to experiment on that)

3 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Occasionally (I'm very lazy). I'll do it last in case I have reposition the rigs.

Hide contents

TS4_x64 2018-09-13 01-25-09-47.webm

Wow, again your animations are really good.  I really like how smooth they are.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:10 AM, Zivyx said:

Occasionally (I'm very lazy). I'll do it last in case I have reposition the rigs.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah doing the object animation last is best I find too, can just use child of restraints in the right places and bake that in so it all matches perfectly with the speed and pattern of the finished animation. I probably didn't need to tell you this but someone else might read it and learn. :)

I tried last night to find related discussion about CC objects used in animations, but failed until got headache... 

I found the talk about custom locations and the use of WWID, but this is(?) not what I'm looking for... or is it?

I know some one of you made animations with CC dildos, but failed to remember who for PM... 

But my question is as simple as: what do you need to use CC objects in your animations, and are the CC used as characters or as objects?

and are basically all CC ( dildos in this instance ) usable in animations as long as you get their info into the XML correctly?

Aand what's the info you need to get for CC animations/ where to get it?

31 minutes ago, MiniGiles said:

Awesome object usage  R-Lo! I had wondered how that worked.

Thank you!

To be honest I had not really thought about how I was gonna animate it after making that pose!

Was some trial and error but it's coming along now (phew!) ?

15 hours ago, satanicnug said:

Testing the waters in animating. So far so good, I think? xD

Is there a way to make the nodes disappear and reappear, in blender, just to get a better look at how things are positioned?

Good luck!

I hope you're having fun with it,

On the top right block where you select the rigs and meshes etc, there's a "eye" icon, just click it to toggle it on/off