The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

4 hours ago, OceanRAZR-Official said:

Why are they in each other and in the air?

Ā 

Ā 

It looks like the root bone has been moved incorrectly,

When you append new actors, they must be set to pose mode first,

As default, things are appended in object mode and will cause this if the root bone is moved in this setting

Hello! This is my first time making an animation for Wicked Whims. I am trying to do a threesome FFM. I have the animation, and all of the files done, but it will not show up in game. I have another package that is done that works just fine, albeit the titles do not show up in the menu, my username is there, but not the title of the animation. Uploaded files if anyone could please help! The animation is still pretty rough, blender was messing up so I want to see what it looks like in game so I can finish it. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Ā 

PL_BFFBackstab_MFF.package

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_2449DA525B8AD052.xml

S4_220557DA_80000000_DC64736C384A407D.stbl

Okay, When I was doing my other package I kept getting the same error message when I put it through the XML checker, I put this one through the xml checker that turbodrive put on the tutorial and it didn't flag it. I can't figure out why it's doing that though. It was fixed somehow with my other animation. Not sure how to fix this one though. But thank you for taking a look!! I'll keep doing it till it comes out error free :-)

5 hours ago, G3SNM said:

Hello! This is my first time making an animation for Wicked Whims. I am trying to do a threesome FFM. I have the animation, and all of the files done, but it will not show up in game. I have another package that is done that works just fine, albeit the titles do not show up in the menu, my username is there, but not the title of the animation. Uploaded files if anyone could please help! The animation is still pretty rough, blender was messing up so I want to see what it looks like in game so I can finish it. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Ā 

PL_BFFBackstab_MFF.package

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_2449DA525B8AD052.xml

S4_220557DA_80000000_DC64736C384A407D.stbl

Ā 

Half of the info for two of your actors is missing,Ā 

Ā 

You'll need the full entry for each sim,Ā 

Also I think the max duration you can have is 60 seconds,

300 may be too highĀ :blush:

9 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Ā 

Half of the info for two of your actors is missing,Ā 

Ā 

You'll need the full entry for each sim,Ā 

Also I think the max duration you can have is 60 seconds,

300 may be too highĀ :blush:

Thanks Cool Cat!! It's "working" now! A little glitchy, butĀ  since you mentioned the missing actor information I know where to go next to fix it and when the interaction is first selected it takes a while for it to start. So still a lot of work to do! But thank you for taking a look at it!!!

1 hour ago, OceanRAZR-Official said:

And how can i find out if it is directly in the middle?

Is a little bit tricky to line up perfectly but is possible,Ā 

The middle is marked by an orange dot and to get it right will require viewing from a few angles,

Ā 

One thing you can do however,

Append a fresh actor,

Set to pose mode and lock rot the root bone,

Ā 

Now in the dopesheet,

Copy the freshly made root position (ctrl C)

Ā 

Then paste this to your existing actors dopesheets (ctrl V)

Ā 

One at start of animation and one at the end, if you have any in between then delete them,

Ā 

Now you have your rigs back in central position,

Ā 

Then you can delete the fresh actor and move the existing actors to the correct position.

Ā 

Ā 

In a nutshell, moving a rig in object mode is moving the centre of the animation,

While in this setting, the position that you move your rig too becomes the new centre and this is why the actors then appear offset in game,

Ā 

Ā 

Hope this helps and good luck!:blush:

54 minutes ago, G3SNM said:

Thanks Cool Cat!! It's "working" now! A little glitchy, butĀ  since you mentioned the missing actor information I know where to go next to fix it and when the interaction is first selected it takes a while for it to start. So still a lot of work to do! But thank you for taking a look at it!!!

Ā 

Hey you're welcome! Don't worry too much about the glitches as they'll smooth out as you learn,

Each new animation will teach you something new!

Sometimes animations can take some time to start but it's not always a fault with the package, could be just general game lag or a conflictive cc,

At times it may be simpler like having to wait for a sim to finish a conversation etc,

Ā 

Glad you got it to work and hope you have fun!Ā :tongue:

On 27.3.2018 at 12:39 AM, R-Lo said:

Ā 

You might need to try matching up the stbl names with the clip names I'm afraid! The list on the right in s4pe shows the data contained by clip files,

Ā 

Click on a CLIP file and the info will appear,

If you look at this, it'll display clip name... Artista da bastardo : posepack 260320181224676etc,

Then as you scroll down, just below the clip events, not far down at all...

You'll find the name of the blend file used for this animation

Ā 

Hope this helps and good luck! Lemme know if you need a hand!

Thanks for the reply... the more specific idea about scaling was if every player of this specific animation would get scaled rig, not just me... because it would in one hand give us way more interesting animations like where vampire uses hocuspocus forĀ breasts or for penis... doctor play, where patient gets breast enlargement or stuff like that... of course the rig would return into original state if the change is made only in animation, but...

I'll try tonight what's this animation is going to look like in game...

(also there is that players preferences on their charactersĀ are going to influence the possible out come of the animation... IF the scaling in blender transforms into the game it self...And there for some unwanted morph problems may happen...)

6 minutes ago, HKo_83 said:

Thanks for the reply... the more specific idea about scaling was if every player of this specific animation would get scaled rig, not just me... because it would in one hand give us way more interesting animations like where vampire uses hocuspocus forĀ breasts or for penis... doctor play, where patient gets breast enlargement or stuff like that... of course the rig would return into original state if the change is made only in animation, but...

I'll try tonight what's this animation is going to look like in game...

(also there is that players preferences on their charactersĀ are going to influence the possible out come of the animation... IF the scaling in blender transforms into the game it self...And there for some unwanted morph problems may happen...)

i think sims4 only support for movement and rotation only, but its not harm to try scalling

Need some help with my code.

Ā 

I thought I put audio in, but now it isn't working?

Ā 

It's one of those thing where I had it working, went into the file to adjust something little, and now the sound doesn't work and I don't remember what i've done. (I know the audio commands are not in chronological order, but they were also in that order when things wereĀ working.) (I have a hunch its an embarrassingly obvious problem, but I cannot figure it out so.) I uploaded it anyway, because my computer was having audio issues on my computer in general at the time, but now I have been able to test things properly and I am sure the audio isn't working in my game.

Ā 

WW_HeartbeatsAndBrainwaves_Animations.package

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

EDIT2: if you saw my previous edit, I tried something (deleting the existing audio and re-entering it from scratch) and it didn't work.Ā :cold_sweat:

I know we just got past the easter but Lemmy didn't make a comeback.... neither did my animations after updating the main package file...Ā 

Ā 

Has there been any changes into WW that would need new stuff in animation.packages? or did I just made a mess out from my xml?

On 3/30/2018 at 5:39 AM, OceanRAZR-Official said:

And how can i find out if it is directly in the middle?

Ā 

On 3/30/2018 at 6:59 AM, R-Lo said:

Is a little bit tricky to line up perfectly but is possible,Ā 

The middle is marked by an orange dot and to get it right will require viewing from a few angles,

Ā 

One thing you can do however,

Append a fresh actor,

Set to pose mode and lock rot the root bone,

Ā 

Now in the dopesheet,

Copy the freshly made root position (ctrl C)

Ā 

Then paste this to your existing actors dopesheets (ctrl V)

Ā 

One at start of animation and one at the end, if you have any in between then delete them,

Ā 

Now you have your rigs back in central position,

Ā 

Then you can delete the fresh actor and move the existing actors to the correct position.

Ā 

Ā 

In a nutshell, moving a rig in object mode is moving the centre of the animation,

While in this setting, the position that you move your rig too becomes the new centre and this is why the actors then appear offset in game,

Ā 

Ā 

Hope this helps and good luck!:blush:

another way round is

Ā 

press "SHIFT+S" then in sub-menu choose "cursor to center"

select root bone, then press "SHIFT+S" then in sub-menu choose "selection to cursor"

4 minutes ago, Zivyx said:

Ā 

I'll try to do more with it but I'm stuck.

Hey! Your doing well and have some creative ideas, if you're stuck it could be a good time to share a few!

Maybe point out a couple of parts you're not happy with and someone may have a nice solution with a hands-on look,

People generally watch the download section more than the discussion or work in progress!Ā :classic_biggrin:

49 minutes ago, Zivyx said:

Ā 

It's too rigid and I can't figure out how to proceed further with the animation.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks R-lo.

Sometimes you'll find that the characters in game can make it look better than the rigs can!

Also can help to vary the facial expressions some more to force a little more life into it,

Its tricky at times as some actions actually require very little movement but we can end up torturing ourselves by trying to add things and not have it appear as a lazy animation,

Ā 

Just remember that sometimes less can be more when two lovers are caught in a momentĀ :classic_biggrin:

Been very restricted for time as schools are closed and my evenings have been nonexistent!

Something I been working at,

Had a different motion in mind but couldn't pull it off!Ā 

So scrapped it and it became something elseĀ :sweat_smile:

jaymee.gif.db1b865ad8b3bdba7550cbd219df0054.gif

@ZivyxĀ it's very easy!

Ā 

In game, you'll need the cheat console,

Ā 

ww.enabledebug

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then click the item and get debug data,

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20180318_152304.thumb.jpg.0f509e61b933abb48ff98f3134c13c34.jpg

Ā 

You need to take a note of the 'object WWID'Ā 

Ā 

and enter this in the XML line for custom location

Ā 

Good luck and have fun!Ā :classic_tongue:

Guest Zivyx
49 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

@ZivyxĀ it's very easy!

Ā 

In game, you'll need the cheat console,

Ā 

ww.enabledebug

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then click the item and get debug data,

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20180318_152304.thumb.jpg.0f509e61b933abb48ff98f3134c13c34.jpg

Ā 

You need to take a note of the 'object WWID'Ā 

Ā 

and enter this in the XML line for custom location

Ā 

Good luck and have fun!Ā :classic_tongue:

Thanks R-lo.

Guest Zivyx
27 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

@Zivyx

Looks nice!

Did you remember to change the tick count and duration in s4studio under warehouse tab?

That may be the issue hereĀ :smiley:

I don't know anything about that part. What do I have to do there?