Being a Guard WIP Alpha 0.94 (Female Version) (2017-01-02)

On 3/9/2018 at 7:25 AM, Heroic Intervention said:

Props to Mentalmike72 for typing it out in a previous page. Basically the text/link on the download page is not the full link, but something you have to add to the address to find the mod download location. 

This should be the full link: https://mega.nz/&#!B8QFXSRJ!-_QPnWFWEle3ZRR9mPtrEmd0zixVd_LZXEltNolFXIo

Thank you very much.:D

I played for a while with 0.9, then found this one and installed, but can not start the mod with the save which before install 0.9. So I had some try, finally, I load the save, go to whiterun, then save the game in whiterun and reboot skyrim, the mod can start now. Is this a necessary condition for the latest version?:sweat_smile:

Here is a "fixed" ESP for SSE.  I only corrected the broken references to Sexlab, Sexlab Aroused and switched it from using the Unofficial Legendary patch to the Unofficial Special Edition patch.  You still need the M2M animation package and any other 3rd party mods (clothing, etc.).  Mod still has bugs, lacks proper animation associations for some things (groping), has odd dialog and the female guard uniform is just a dummy mesh that has no graphics (you're visibly naked, but item has clothing keywords so SLA doesn't flag you nude).

Being A Guard.esp

• 2 weeks later...

Iam stuck in riverwood 'go to the giant inn' when speaking to the bartender he says lets talk in a room over there but never moves there.

Is it save to play this on will it eventually refresh? The dialoge about Gata is gone after a first talk with him.

Maybe release setstage commands?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Couldn't get "The Big Day Prep" part of quest to work.  It would signal and I would enter the hall.  I would be stuck in place with no access to inventory while Gata walked up to the Jarl and stopped.  Nothing else would happen.  I had to wait outside the hall and use cheat code to complete it before being told to head back to the barracks.  So it leaves me wondering what I missed.

Edit:  In the next part outside of Whiterun I get into a situation where I need to use cheat code to advance a bit again and console returns that no animation were found skipping to stage 70.  Am I just missing some animations that weren't included in the requirements? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't get the quest to start.

I started a new game.  I did the dragon rising quest and am a thane.  I got Lydia as my housecarl  and spoke to the guards in Whiterun.  No dialogue came up.

I have been summoned to Greybeards.  

Do I need the being a guard male version installed too?

How do I start quest?

Is there a MCM menu that is supposed to show?

5 hours ago, oldprv724 said:

That is the LE version.

How does the quest start?

I tried talking to guard after I became Thane of Whiterun and did not see any new dialogues.  I also spoke to the commander of the guards and no dialogues as well.

This was on a brand new character.

19 hours ago, Xuvish said:

How does the quest start?

I tried talking to guard after I became Thane of Whiterun and did not see any new dialogues.  I also spoke to the commander of the guards and no dialogues as well.

This was on a brand new character.

Looks like you have to speak to a regular guard, not the commander.  The conditions for the "I'd like to join the guards." dialog are:

• Not speaking to Commander Caius
  • Being A Guard quest G_Part1 (xx005901) is at stage 10
  • Speaking to a NPC in the GuardFactionWhiterun faction (0002BE39)
  • NPC is not sleeping.
On 9/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, oldprv724 said:

Looks like you have to speak to a regular guard, not the commander.  The conditions for the "I'd like to join the guards." dialog are:

• Not speaking to Commander Caius
  • Being A Guard quest G_Part1 (xx005901) is at stage 10
  • Speaking to a NPC in the GuardFactionWhiterun faction (0002BE39)
  • NPC is not sleeping.

I have all the required mods and am a Thane.

I started a new game and still can't get the quest to start.

Are there other mods in the download needed beside the one you linked?

Do I need the original Being a Guard installed as well?

Are there any other mods needed?

Is there a way to start quest in console?

14 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I have all the required mods and am a Thane.

I started a new game and still can't get the quest to start.

Are there other mods in the download needed beside the one you linked?

Do I need the original Being a Guard installed as well?

Are there any other mods needed?

Is there a way to start quest in console?

Besides the dependencies listed on the main page I don't know of any other requirements.  
I tried the following, which worked:

• Started skyrim
  • From the main menu did "coc whiterun" in the console instead of loading/starting a game. 
  • (One of the mods I have changed the starting char to female.  Otherwise "showracemenu" and change sex to female.)
  • Waited for all the mods to start up (waited for messages to stop).
  • At this point "sqv 8c005901" showed the quest active in stage 0 (where "8c"  is Being A Guard.esp's position in my load order)
  • Saved the game
  • Loaded the save
  • After waiting for the startup message to finish, "sqv 8c005901" showed the quest active and in stage 10. 
  • I was then able to talk to one of the Whiterun guards patrolling near the Honningbrew Meadery and get the "I'd like to join the guards" dialog. 
  • Talking through the "I'd like to join the guards" dialog told me to go see the commander and updated the quest to stage 20.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, oldprv724 said:

Besides the dependencies listed on the main page I don't know of any other requirements.  
I tried the following, which worked:

• Started skyrim
  • From the main menu did "coc whiterun" in the console instead of loading/starting a game. 
  • (One of the mods I have changed the starting char to female.  Otherwise "showracemenu" and change sex to female.)
  • Waited for all the mods to start up (waited for messages to stop).
  • At this point "sqv 8c005901" showed the quest active in stage 0 (where "8c"  is Being A Guard.esp's position in my load order)
  • Saved the game
  • Loaded the save
  • After waiting for the startup message to finish, "sqv 8c005901" showed the quest active and in stage 10. 
  • I was then able to talk to one of the Whiterun guards patrolling near the Honningbrew Meadery and get the "I'd like to join the guards" dialog. 
  • Talking through the "I'd like to join the guards" dialog told me to go see the commander and updated the quest to stage 20.

I tried all of the steps above.  I got the active quest in stage 0.  I saved the game, exited Skyrim, then reloaded.  The game would freeze up on the reload.

I didn't get a chance to see if the quest was in stage 10.

Should I have done a quicksave and reload?

Do I need to install the requirements from Being a Guard male, like KS Hairdos and M2M Gay animations?  

Was there more than one file associated with the download like a part 2?

Do you need to see my load order?

On 10/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, Xuvish said:

I tried all of the steps above.  I got the active quest in stage 0.  I saved the game, exited Skyrim, then reloaded.  The game would freeze up on the reload.

I didn't get a chance to see if the quest was in stage 10.

Should I have done a quicksave and reload?

Do I need to install the requirements from Being a Guard male, like KS Hairdos and M2M Gay animations?  

Was there more than one file associated with the download like a part 2?

Do you need to see my load order?

As far as I can see to when proceeding from stage 0 to 10 the quest is trying to update 2 NPCs to make sure they're alive an in the correct location:
1) The captain of the guard, which should either be Commander Caius (0003257) or Sinmir (000813B5) and is expected to be in the JobGuardCaptainFaction faction (000813B7). 
2) The "Strange Guard" added by this mod (8c205188) who is expected to be in the GuardFactionWhiterun faction (0002BE39) and located in the Cell WhiterunJail02 ("Guard Barracks" 000580A2). 
I would suggest checking whether you have any mods that change those NPCs, factions, or location. 
It does not appear that this mod requires the original mod, KS Hairdos or M2M Gay animations.

4 hours ago, oldprv724 said:

As far as I can see to when proceeding from stage 0 to 10 the quest is trying to update 2 NPCs to make sure they're alive an in the correct location:
1) The captain of the guard, which should either be Commander Caius (0003257) or Sinmir (000813B5) and is expected to be in the JobGuardCaptainFaction faction (000813B7). 
2) The "Strange Guard" added by this mod (8c205188) who is expected to be in the GuardFactionWhiterun faction (0002BE39) and located in the Cell WhiterunJail02 ("Guard Barracks" 000580A2). 
I would suggest checking whether you have any mods that change those NPCs, factions, or location. 
It does not appear that this mod requires the original mod, KS Hairdos or M2M Gay animations.

So, how do I 

#1 check the faction they are in?

#2 change them to the correct faction?

Thanks again for your help.

10 hours ago, Xuvish said:

So, how do I 

#1 check the faction they are in?

#2 change them to the correct faction?

Thanks again for your help.

From the console:

Commander Caius:
prid 00038258 (must use refid 38258, not BaseID 38257 for 'prid')
getinfaction 813B7
addtofaction 813B7 0

Strange Guard:
prid 8C205189
getinfaction 2BE39
addtofaction 2BE39 0 

Alternatively start up tes5edit, wait for it to finish building reference info, and enter the NPC BaseIDs (38527, 8c205188) in the "FormID" field and verify that their NPC record lists them in the needed factions and that no other mod is changing the NPC. 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:39 AM, oldprv724 said:

From the console:

Commander Caius:
prid 00038258 (must use refid 38258, not BaseID 38257 for 'prid')
getinfaction 813B7
addtofaction 813B7 0

Strange Guard:
prid 8C205189
getinfaction 2BE39
addtofaction 2BE39 0 

Alternatively start up tes5edit, wait for it to finish building reference info, and enter the NPC BaseIDs (38527, 8c205188) in the "FormID" field and verify that their NPC record lists them in the needed factions and that no other mod is changing the NPC. 

So, I started Tes5edit to see which factions the guards are in.  Commander Caius had 10 different factions and the strange guard had 4 different factions.

How do I know which faction it should be?  I don't have any previous experience with Tes5Edit.

I attached two screen shots of each NPC.

I don't want to make any in game changes until I know what I am looking for or changing in Tes5Edit.

Thanks,

CommanderCaius.JPG

Strange Guard.JPG

22 hours ago, Xuvish said:

So, I started Tes5edit to see which factions the guards are in.  Commander Caius had 10 different factions and the strange guard had 4 different factions.

How do I know which faction it should be?  I don't have any previous experience with Tes5Edit.

I attached two screen shots of each NPC.

I don't want to make any in game changes until I know what I am looking for or changing in Tes5Edit.

Thanks,

The factions look fine.  NPCs can be in multiple factions and you can see that the Commander is in the JobGuardCaptainFaction (8th faction) and the Guard is in the GuardFactionWhiterun (1st faction).  Further we can see that there are no other mods that removed these NPCs from those factions (the Commander is modified by the unofficial patch, but it doesn't change his membership in the JobGuardCaptionFaction.)

At this point I've run out of ideas.  Those two NPCs look correct so the quest should be able to start up but obviously something's changed them in a way that causes the game to crash.