[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

13 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

There are a few on_actions that send to the employers of both parties involved (on_marraige and on_bethrothal are my focus right now).  I don't know why I can't seem to get it through my head how to make it so that if both parties have the same employer that employer doesn't get the event twice.

If you don't use same sex marriage then you can block one of the characters with is_female condition

Spoiler

trigger = {
        new_character = {
            OR = {
                is_female = no
                NOT = {
                    employer = { character = ROOT }
                }
            }
        }
    }

otherwise you can block one of the characters with flag

Spoiler

trigger = {
        NOT = { FROM = { has_character_flag = some_flag } }
    }
    immediate = {
        new_character = {
            if = {
                limit = { employer = { character = ROOT } }
                set_character_flag = some_flag
                character_event = { clr_some_flag days=1 }
            }
        }
    }

3 hours ago, walperto said:

If you don't use same sex marriage then you can block one of the characters with is_female condition

Reveal hidden contents

trigger = {
        new_character = {
            OR = {
                is_female = no
                NOT = {
                    employer = { character = ROOT }
                }
            }
        }
    }

otherwise you can block one of the characters with flag

Reveal hidden contents

trigger = {
        NOT = { FROM = { has_character_flag = some_flag } }
    }
    immediate = {
        new_character = {
            if = {
                limit = { employer = { character = ROOT } }
                set_character_flag = some_flag
                character_event = { clr_some_flag days=1 }
            }
        }
    }

It is the employer I am trying to send the event to, not either of the ones being married/betrothed.  If the player is the employer of both parties involved, then the player gets the event twice.  That is what I am trying to figure out how to block so that the player only gets the event once.

3 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

It is the employer I am trying to send the event to, not either of the ones being married/betrothed.  If the player is the employer of both parties involved, then the player gets the event twice.  That is what I am trying to figure out how to block so that the player only gets the event once.

And that's exactly what those triggers do, they disable event firing second time, give it a try.

23 hours ago, walperto said:

And that's exactly what those triggers do, they disable event firing second time, give it a try.

Thank you!  It took me a full day to wrap my head around the concept and fully understand how your code worked.  In my mind, when it said the event was sent to both employers I envisioned parallel events firing, not sequential.  Once I understood that the events were sequential then it just all clicked and your code example finally made sense to me.  I have to run about 6 more tests on differing scenarios, but I believe I have achieved what I wanted thanks to your help.  (The event will give the player (only) the option of immediately making a betrothal into a full wedding.)

EDIT: This code will be useful when I revisit an old bug with the yiffics that I had never solved and just commented out in frustration.

character_event = {
    id = NoxDPAonActionEvent.110
    title = NoxDPAonActionEvent110_title    
    is_triggered_only = yes    # Triggers on a betrothal being agreed. Sent to employers of both parties

# ****************************************************************
    # * Thanks to @walperto of LoversLab for helping me wrap my head *
    # * around the filters to keep this from firing twice if both    *
    # * characters were under the same employer.                     *
    # ****************************************************************

Is it normal that a lot of buildings in the building menu don't have "normal" names but something in the form of 'nox_sex_slave_pit'. Also wondered if it's normal for the Shopping event not to work. You can click it but nothing happens.

Keep up the good work!

On 5/27/2018 at 10:45 PM, NoxBestia said:

Thank you!

My pleasure, i'm greatly impressed with your mod, in fact i registered on LoversLab to download it, so i'm very happy to help.

It'a pity i didn't have time to explain what that trigger does earlier, could've saved you some time, but today i did some tests on_marriage\on_betrothal, here's what i found

Spoiler

-on_marriage\on_betrothal fires two events envolving 2-4 characters, events are executed one after the other
     event_1 for employer_1 with employee spouse_1
     event_2 for employer_2 with employee spouse_2
-employer_1 gets event_1 in which
    employer_1 is ROOT    
    spouse_1 is FROM
    spouse_2 is new_character
-employer_2 gets event_2 in which
    employer_2 is ROOT    
    spouse_2 is FROM
    spouse_1 is new_character
-those events are fired when spouse_1 and spouse_2 aren't married\betrothed yet and no spouse've moved to another court

new_character = { is_married\is_betrothed = FROM } is false
-new fail_trigger_effect doesn't work in these events
-events are executed in the following sequence
    1. if event_1 wasn't blocked by pre-triggers and trigger it's immediate block is executed
    2. if employer_1 is ai or event is invisible (hide_window = yes) option and after blocks of event_1 are executed
    3. if event_2 wasn't blocked by pre-triggers and trigger it's immediate block is executed
    4. if employer_2 is ai or event is invisible (hide_window = yes) option and after blocks of event_2 are executed
    5. arrangement of betrothal or marriage\spouse relocation
           after that new_character = { is_married\is_betrothed = FROM } is true
           don't use add_spouse effect before this point, in on_marriage event this will result in ctd,  in on_betrothal event characters will be married and betrothed   

at the same time, betrothed can marry alert will never trigger and they will be showed as betrothed, untill you break the betrothal
    6. if employer_1 is player and event is not invisible event_1 is displayed
    7. if employer_2 is player and event is not invisible event_2 is displayed
    9. execution of the option chosen by the player and after block

As you can see we can eliminate getting two events displayed by either making event invisible or by making event_2 fail the trigger, and if we can't find a failing condition we can use immediate block of event_1 to create it.
If we are not adding same sex marriage to the game then it can be done with is_female condition
    trigger = {    #this will fail event in which FROM is female and both FROM and new_character are player's employees
        new_character = {
            OR = {
                is_female = yes    # change yes to no if you want female in FROM
                NOT { employer = { character = ROOT } }    # to ensure ROOT getting the event when FROM is female and employer_1 and employer_2 different chars
            }
        }
    }
But this trigger will be bad for same sex couples employed by one employer, resulting in both events passing the trigger for male couple, and blocking both events for female couple.
I may be wrong, but i think that there is no condition that can always distinguish same sex spouse_1 and spouse_2, therefore we'll have to create it in immediate block of event_1.
Just keep in mind that there is a chance of several marriages\bethrothals being accepted via diplomacy in one day, even for one character in case of polygamy, and you may block them all with a bad trigger.
In order to avoid the risk of unintentionally blocking some of the events with bad trigger i suggest handling same sex couples in other event fired from the decision that creates them and making on_action event only for opposite sex couples with this trigger
    trigger = {
        new_character = {
            is_opposite_sex = FROM    #this will make same sex couple not eligible for this event
            OR = {
                is_female = yes
                NOT { employer = { character = ROOT } }
            }
        }
    }

On 5/27/2018 at 10:45 PM, NoxBestia said:

The event will give the player (only) the option of immediately making a betrothal into a full wedding

character_event = {
    id = NoxDPAonActionEvent.110
    title = NoxDPAonActionEvent110_title    
    is_triggered_only = yes

Then if you haven't already done so, add ai=no pre-trigger to block ai employers from getting these events,

and don't create marriage in immediate block or make event hide_window = yes, or the couple will be married and betrothed at the same time and showed as betrothed

I'll be happy to try helping you solving some bugs,  post them here and i'll take a look when i have time.

18 minutes ago, walperto said:

My pleasure, i'm greatly impressed with your mod, in fact i registered on LoversLab to download it, so i'm very happy to help.

It'a pity i didn't have time to explain what that trigger does earlier, could've saved you some time, but today i did some tests on_marriage\on_betrothal, here's what i found

<---snip--->

I'll be happy to try helping you solving some bugs,  post them here and i'll take a look when i have time.

I finally have it working as I wanted!  A player (only) now has the option to make a betrothal into a marriage.  If both parties are employed by the player, then you can choose regular or matrilineal marriage.  Otherwise, it will hold you to the type of marriage matching the betrothal (which was a pain to code.) 

This feature will be live in the next release unless I find a reason for it not to be.  :)

EDIT: For now, any player can use this on any betrothal they do, but in the future I may add conditions to unlock this ability (such as having to be perverted or some such criteria).  I probably should have using it make a charter perverted if they already aren't, but so far there are no direct consequences.

4 hours ago, chb123 said:

Is it normal that a lot of buildings in the building menu don't have "normal" names but something in the form of 'nox_sex_slave_pit'. Also wondered if it's normal for the Shopping event not to work. You can click it but nothing happens.

Keep up the good work!

I have not gotten around to finishing either of those yet.  The buildings need a lot of love right now.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, dizzy12315 said:

my character is currently a futa but is unable to self impregnation 

This is pretty vague since there are multiple ways a futa can self-impregnate, but I'll run a couple of quick tests in a new game and see what happens.

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

Anyone else notice that the custom loading screens aren't working anymore?  For me, it is just black until the game is loaded and the menu appears.

This has always happened on and off for me. I'm not entirely sure of the cause, as it happens in both vanilla and modded play.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, dizzy12315 said:

my character is currently a futa but is unable to self impregnation 

8 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

This is pretty vague since there are multiple ways a futa can self-impregnate, but I'll run a couple of quick tests in a new game and see what happens.

As you can see from the screenshot, futanari self-impregnation worked just fine for me.  Did you set the correct game rule to allow self impregnation?  What troubleshooting steps did you take?  What steps are you using to try to impregnate yourself?  Are you running ANY mods other than NDPA, Dark World Reborn, and the DWR compatibility pack?

image.thumb.png.01294ae86423a0a4bf8d2021ddd3d98e.png

8 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

<---snip--->

I finally have it working as I wanted!  A player (only) now has the option to make a betrothal into a marriage.  If both parties are employed by the player, then you can choose regular or matrilineal marriage.  Otherwise, it will hold you to the type of marriage matching the betrothal (which was a pain to code.) 

This feature will be live in the next release unless I find a reason for it not to be.  :)

EDIT: For now, any player can use this on any betrothal they do, but in the future I may add conditions to unlock this ability (such as having to be perverted or some such criteria).  I probably should have using it make a charter perverted if they already aren't, but so far there are no direct consequences.

Because this option now exists for the player, I have raised the marriage age up to 13 in the defines:

NDefines.NCharacter.AGE_OF_MARRIAGE_MALE = 13					-- Male allowed to marry at this age.
NDefines.NCharacter.AGE_OF_MARRIAGE_FEMALE = 13					-- Female allowed to marry at this age.

More Bug Fixes and Changes: The Witchdoctor

For the next release, I am reducing the restrictions for the role of witchdoctor.  For the people who want the (eventual) option of not having herms in their game, the futa requirement is gone.  Also, unless the ruler is a furry they don't have to be canines anymore.  Furthermore, there will be 4 different types of witchdoctor: pack (tribal or nomadic), tribal non-pack, nomadic non-pack, and urban.  Certain ones will require special buildings built, but not all of them.  Also, they are no longe universally considered voters (tribal and pack ones are still voters though).

When I put out the next update, I'll need to be alerted to any events I miss that still reference futa witch doctors in the text (unless your witchdoctor happens to a futa).

9 hours ago, Pravus said:

This has always happened on and off for me. I'm not entirely sure of the cause, as it happens in both vanilla and modded play.

I deleted the Crusader Kings II/Dark World Reborn Data/gfx and Crusader Kings II/gfx folders and they started showing back up.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, jjnoc5 said:

Question, how do you get the new/special childhood educations working? I sometimes see the traits on NPCs but I can't see the new focuses.

If you are using Bigger Interface or Somewhat Bigger Interface then you need to set it as a dependency to see the changes. Any mod that does a similar thing will block them from showing up. Otherwise you would see them automatically.

If you never have done this before just change the name of the .mod files that come with NDPA to say .txt    - then open it up them up with notepad++ and add this;

dependencies = {

"Somewhat Bigger Interface"

}

change the dependant to what you think might be blocking it, change them back to say .mod and you should have everything working

the turn into fox, and turn into kitsune intrigue choice, can they be disabled or something, the it is notthat hard to misclick and it clutters an allready cluttered menu? also what does the noxshop menu choice do?.. I guess what im saying is, can you disable things that have no function, alot of chats and such aswell have "this has not been implemented" aswell, its just alot of clutter, I really like this mod, and I want to explore its options, but ive grown tired of clutter in my intrique menu along with large amount of clickable things, that does nothing.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:48 PM, jjnoc5 said:

Question, how do you get the new/special childhood educations working? I sometimes see the traits on NPCs but I can't see the new focuses.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, Alaratt said:

If you are using Bigger Interface or Somewhat Bigger Interface then you need to set it as a dependency to see the changes. Any mod that does a similar thing will block them from showing up. Otherwise you would see them automatically.

If you never have done this before just change the name of the .mod files that come with NDPA to say .txt    - then open it up them up with notepad++ and add this;

dependencies = {

"Somewhat Bigger Interface"

}

change the dependant to what you think might be blocking it, change them back to say .mod and you should have everything working

Also, I am aware that the new childhood traits don't properly become adult traits.  I haven't looked at that part of the code in a bit, but I expect I never wrote the events that actually make that happen, just as I haven't actually written and flavor text or multi-event chains for getting them.  Just another one of my numerous half-implemented features.  :/ 

DISCUSSION: Breeding Mechanics for Hermaphrodites & Male Pregnancies

For testing purposes (and a possible optional rule in the future) I wrote a small string of events that causes all male children born to be replaced with futanari females.  I then fired up a game and let it run in observer mode for 200 years.  Most of the great houses died out, though the Abbasids didn't and even at 250 years in they still had a string of female rulers and 20-30 living dynasty members.  The Byzantine family from the 769 start was still going strong too.  And all remained even after I sent the plague out over the world.

Before continuing, it should be noted that the CK2 engine will randomly create adult males and females if the population gets too dire, and I wasn't jsut killing all males off... this time.  This is why there are females at The Wall in the AGOT mod.

Back to the experiment.  At first it seems to show that the futanari mechanics work, right?  Not really.  The children were nearly all the product of male/female or male/futa matings.  There were very few futa fathers (though a few happened).  That means that I am going to need manual futa breeding mechanics.  I can already sense a lot of you cringing after my past several disastrous attempts at breeding mechanics.  This time, I am going to try to keep is sane, and to do that, I am opening up for suggestions and how to setup Futanari fathers.

To start things off, here are some thoughts I had:

1. IDEA: Any married futa will attempt to impregnate someone until they have at least one child. 
    DISCUSSION: The first problem with this approach, especially in a world of mostly herms and females, is an abundance of children being spawned. 
    1. There are many hetero marriages that don't produce children in CK2.  I am not fully sure what governs this, but it seems to be int he engine itself.
    2. I _could_ add a filter so that only "rulers" and lustful/hedonist/seductress futa characters get this mechanic.
    3. I could add a percentage chance (but what percentage?) for each time the event fires.
  2. IDEA: A variant of #1 where the number of children is scaled to a character's rank. 
    DISCUSSION:  To me this feels especially artificial, though mechanically seems more sound.
    1. A scaled number of children for a "normal" futa father based on tiers might look like this:
      1. 5 children - EMPEROR
      2. 4 children - KING
      3. 3 children - DUKE
      4. 2 children - COUNT
      5. 1 child for BARONS, COUNCELORS, and any other notable character that can be considered more than a commoner.
      6. MAYBE?: make it so that once every 2 years the rest of the futas have a low to medium chance to try to impregnate someone until they have 1 child
    2. Clergy that can't get married and don't get concubines would not try to father children unless they had of one of the lusty traits
  3. IDEA: yearly or every 2 years, give every futa a random chance of trying to father a child, regardless of how many children they have and independent of their tier.
    DISCUSSION: This seems the most "natural" approach, but I fear it could lead to the overbreeding we saw with my in-heat mechanics.
    1. There could be a hard cap for all futa fathers?
    2. There could be a tiered hard cap for all futa fathers?
  4. IDEA: ???
    DISCUSSION: ???
    1. ???

I think the way the game does it is something like this:

every month, every woman has a chance of being impregnated by a husband/lover, chance being a function of their fertility. This is forbudden if the woman has too many children (the meaning of "too many" being set in defines, I think). So I guess you could try to simulate something like this. Now the results would vary depending on the proportion of futa-woman vs futa-man vs futa-futa marriages.

3 hours ago, ngppgn said:

I think the way the game does it is something like this:

every month, every woman has a chance of being impregnated by a husband/lover, chance being a function of their fertility. This is forbudden if the woman has too many children (the meaning of "too many" being set in defines, I think). So I guess you could try to simulate something like this. Now the results would vary depending on the proportion of futa-woman vs futa-man vs futa-futa marriages.

Excellent information.  I found three relevant defines in addition to the 4 defines mentioned in the "Pregnancy" subsection of https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Breeding:

BASE_NR_OF_CHILDREN_PER_COUPLE = 2,
EXTRA_NR_OF_CHILDREN_FOR_PLAYERS = 2,
COURT_SIZE_CHILD_PENALTY_THRESHOLD = 30,

FERTILITY_BASE_MULT = 0.50,                        -- Base fertility multiplier to adjust the base chance of impregnation
SECONDARY_SPOUSE_FERTILITY_MULT = 0.50,            -- Applied to fertility of secondary spouses and concubines
NOT_SPOUSE_FERTILITY_MULT = 0.50,                  -- Applied to fertility when two lovers are not married
MARRIED_LOVERS_FERTILITY_MULT = 1.5,               -- Applied to fertility when lovers are married

Still too many questions left unanswered, such as what the actual penalty applied is if the court size is over the threshold and what penalty is applied when you have passed your base number of children.  I'm not as worried about players because of the numerous ways to manually encourage pregnancies that a player has.  Also, does it consider only living children in the base number or children, or total children?  

I'll give it more thought and see what I can come up with, but I'm still open to suggestions so that things don't go overboard.  I think I'll also add some temporary code to castrate all males so I can get a better feel for breeding only happening by event versus the game's internal engine.

21 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

I think I'll also add some temporary code to castrate all males so I can get a better feel for breeding only happening by event versus the game's internal engine.

Well, castrating all males doesn't seem to hurt game performance, but attempting to cull the gender can bring the game to a crawl.  The game definitely throws a fit if there aren't enough men in the world.  I _expect_ that most of this is hardcoded into the engine rather than events.  BTW, there are 1,093 instances of "create_character" in the CK2 files, and that doesn't count all the create_ranndom_[job] instances.  Most seem to center around creating characters for armies, but I have not really gone through them all that well.