[TS3] Discussion about releasing the latest update of L666 animations.

Guest Redabyss

Do you want animations.. ok. Do it yourself. I said before and I said again, Patreon is not a problem is a solution because thanks to the patrons  the creators can  works all months  making new animations and new content or features for their mods,  and then the creators upload here new updates for all people, all months, or when the creators wants. Please, respect the work of others. If she want to share with us her work, is her decision, not yours. With these actions the creators will dont work or dont share anymore their efforts and at the end the all comunnity will lost their contributors and creators of mods. When she can, Im sure she share her work because she did her word.

Personally I upload new updates here for all people all months, only you need patience... But other creators can decided upload 2months or 3 months more later. But only the creator decide when share his/her work with all people.

Actually that's not completely accurate.  LL only hosts free mods, Patreon creators are no exception.  Ashal made it clear that a exclusive window for Patreon is OK but eventually the works should be released equally to all "within a reasonable time frame".  Authors don't have to publish on LL if they don't like the rule.

As to whether the remaining already-out-for-patron-but-yet-on-LL animations can be released by a third party OP should ask Ashal.  Probably won't be an issue if L666 is confirmed missing and unreachable after reasonable efforts.

Personally I believe not having the animations released would set a bad precedent that LL mods can be content/feature selectively locked behind a perpetual paywall.  Having that as default is pay-to-play, plain and simple. 

This is not specific to this topic nor targeting at any LL creator at all but frankly any Patreon mod creator threatens or forbids their patrons from sharing their mods are not worthy of patronage.  Without publisher consent mods cannot contain any commercial value so what can the creator do if you upload his/her mod to a public forum?  Quit?  Well, there goes the patron money so it's an empty threat.  The only reason creator made such threat is because they want to sell something they are not allowed to charge money for.  They are in it for the money.  They only see buyers of illicit goods and no such thing as patrons of creative endeavors. 

Do you want animations.. ok. Do it yourself. I said before and I said again, Patreon is not a problem is a solution because thanks to the patrons  the creators can  works all months  making new animations and new content or features for their mods,  and then the creators upload here new updates for all people, all months, or when the creators wants. Please, respect the work of others. If she want to share with us her work, is her decision, not yours. With these actions the creators will dont work or dont share anymore their efforts and at the end the all comunnity will lost their contributors and creators of mods. When she can, Im sure she share her work because she did her word.

Personally I upload new updates here for all people all months, only you need patience... But other creators can decided upload 2months or 3 months more later. But only the creator decide when share his/her work with all people.

Actually that's not completely accurate.  LL only hosts free mods, Patreon creators are no exception.  Ashal made it clear that a exclusive window for Patreon is OK but eventually the works should be released equally to all "within a reasonable time frame".  Authors don't have to publish on LL if they don't like the rule.

As to whether the remaining already-out-for-patron-but-yet-on-LL animations can be released by a third party OP should ask Ashal.  Probably won't be an issue if L666 is confirmed missing and unreachable after reasonable efforts.

Personally I believe not having the animations released would set a bad precedent that LL mods can be content/feature selectively locked behind a perpetual paywall.  Having that as default is pay-to-play, plain and simple. 

This is not specific to this topic nor targeting at any LL creator at all but frankly any Patreon mod creator threatens or forbids their patrons from sharing their mods are not worthy of patronage.  Without publisher consent mods cannot contain any commercial value so what can the creator do if you upload his/her mod to a public forum?  Quit?  Well, there goes the patron money so it's an empty threat.  The only reason creator made such threat is because they want to sell something they are not allowed to charge money for.  They are in it for the money.  They only see buyers of illicit goods and no such thing as patrons of creative endeavors. 

As I said before, the creators will upload their updates when they wants, they will decide not you. This topic it was debated more times with Ashal and he doesn´t have any problem with this. 

Lady666 only adversited or promotioned here some animations, but too much animations  dont were promotioned here.. She should be upload here only the animations that were promotioned here, and thats not includes the last updates that she made. She leave the promotion in the forum a long time ago and she doesn´t any obligation with animations that were not promises here. (She said she stopped working on the forum because of a problem she had with a person, I guess)

And I repeat again, without patreon too much creators and modders will be stopped their works... Patreon is a solution for mods that required a lot of work and new content all months. And at the end, all this work will be public for all people.... so What is the problem? If you want anything, more content, animations or as you want before...  you can do it yourself. Respects the work of other people, because I can assure you that L666 worked hard and many hours to do those animations.

PS: Recently I uploaded all my content for The Sims 3 that I had in Patreon... So only you need be patiente.

As I said before, the creators will upload their updates when they wants, they will decide not you. This topic it was debated more times with Ashal and he doesn´t have any problem with this. 

Lady666 only adversited or promotioned here some animations, but too much animations  dont were promotioned here.. She should be upload here only the animations that were promotioned here, and thats not includes the last updates that she made. She leave the promotion in the forum a long time ago and she doesn´t any obligation with animations that were not promises here. (She said she stopped working on the forum because of a problem she had with a person, I guess)

And I repeat again, without patreon too much creators and modders will be stopped their works... Patreon is a solution for mods that required a lot of work and new content all months. And at the end, all this work will be public for all people.... so What is the problem? If you want anything, more content, animations or as you want before...  you can do it yourself. Respects the work of other people, because I can assure you that L666 worked hard and many hours to do those animations.

Although I don't play games with your animations I do have the upmost respect for your output and appreciate your management of Patreon and LL presences.  The disclosures are concise and clear.  Had L666 done the same with his/her Patreon I doubt this thread will even exist.

However, if Ashal is OK with LL mods default to be behind paywall and solely at creator's discretion whether to share then that's the first time I have heard it.  Certainly something that important will be announced.  The only public comments from Ashal I've read is that he will not deviate from free only and he doesn't yet know what to do with ambiguous Patreon disclosures on LL.  The disclosures include the length of exclusive time window.  It is definitely not Ashal "doesn't have problem with this" with "this" mean pay-to-play. 

Sorry to selectively quote you:

"Patreon is a solution for mods that required a lot of work and new content all months. And at the end, all this work will be public for all people.... so What is the problem?"

This is certainly no true for all creators.  I know for certain there is one Skyrim mod creator (not on LL) using Patreon to sell mods, i.e. these mods will never be released to the public and here is the price list, show me your Patreon payment confirmation and I will email you the mods, and you are not allowed to upload my mods anywhere.  LL is very popular so the problem or rather the concern is that there will be mod creators looking to use LL to make money by using bait-and-switch.  This topic is not debated because people don't want to support mod creators via Patreon but rather about protecting LL. 

Even for free mods, what happens when the author is MIA?  Should patrons not be allowed to share said mod?  Author said it "will" be free to all, and "will" does not mean "never".  If author disappears then after some reasonable time the mod should be allowed to be uploaded based on the original promise. 

EDIT:

I am not sure if you are following this thread completely.  OP is not asking whether it is OK to release Patreon stuff in general but that L666 apparently has disappeared so what to do with animations that have yet to show up on LL but most likely would have had L666 is still around.

Guest Redabyss

I have the upmost respect for animators and I'm only happy that Patreon exists, because I can support them in some way, and people like mike are splendid and trustworthy. 

Actually that is the point:

EDIT:

I am not sure if you are following this thread completely.  OP is not asking whether it is OK to release Patreon stuff in general but that L666 apparently has disappeared so what to do with animations that have yet to show up on LL but most likely would have had L666 is still around.

And as I said I don't personally care whatever result we will have, I do instead think about other people who might want the full and final product, people who wanted to pledge but couldn't, and now can't have the last version.

I'm always excited for new stuff in this regard, so I can totally relate. The point of the discussion is debating if releasing that final package will do some harm or not. 

As my position for now, I still think that L666 already got supported November, so it's not like she is gonna lose anything, and I see no point not ever releasing a thing that may made other people happy. I still think that, after some months have passed, it's not totally unmoral release the final package.

I have the upmost respect for animators and I'm only happy that Patreon exists, because I can support them in some way, and people like mike are splendid and trustworthy. 

Actually that is the point:

EDIT:

And as I said I don't personally care whatever result we will have, I do instead think about other people who might want the full and final product, people who wanted to pledge but couldn't, and now can't have the last version.

I'm always excited for new stuff in this regard, so I can totally relate. The point of the discussion is debating if releasing that final package will do some harm or not. 

As my position for now, I still think that L666 already got supported November, so it's not like she is gonna lose anything, and I see no point not ever releasing a thing that may made other people happy. I still think that, after some months have passed, it's not totally unmoral release the final package.

At last wait for her corpse to get cold before distributing her work. It is not about money, it is about respect and trust, it always was.

I appreciate very much the L666 creations and we all know that some websites make directly money from mods. Sometimes they even aren't their creation. This is not the case of the creators we have in LL. They release their animations in LL and indicate to the user they can donate in Patreons. Doing so they are respecting the EA contract.

I agree with RedAbyss, she will loose nothing if the last release is done here. So I support RedAbyss proposal to release it by the end of this month.

Guest Redabyss

So... since there a lot of clashing point of views, I thought about a possible course of action.

From now one, please vote yes or no, no maybe or buts. Explain your reasoning a little, but vote one of these two options.

If, at the end of February, the number of "yes" votes will be the highest, we'll release the final package at the start of March. Of course if you all agree. 

This idea won't be valid unless you guys agree with it.

This should be plenty of time for L666's return, to vote and so on.

If ever L666 returns, and say something about this situation, the whole voting will be null, of course.

Starting from now, I will start editing the op with the new votes, the old ones will not count.

My vote is yes, and my reasoning being:

And as I said I don't personally care whatever result we will have, I do instead think about other people who might want the full and final product, people who wanted to pledge but couldn't, and now can't have the last version.

There is already every latest patreon release (whickedwhims, kinkyworld, etc) for free somewhere in the internet and creators can't do anything about it. It's how internet works.

This still doesn't change anything. Turbodriver still get these $3000 a month and kinky pretty the same. 

Maybe it's sad for you but the latest l666 animations will be released in the internet someday anyway. There is already the S18 version available for download without any cost (just search in google). 

Guest Redabyss

There is already every latest patreon release (whickedwhims, kinkyworld, etc) for free somewhere in the internet and creators can't do anything about it. It's how internet works.

This still doesn't change anything. Turbodriver still get these $3000 a month and kinky pretty the same. 

Maybe it's sad for you but the latest l666 animations will be released in the internet someday anyway. There is already the S18 version available for download without any cost (just search in google). 

This changes things. So it's just one version unreleased...

I was a patreon since ~4 months for L666 but since it was obviously a mod behind a paywall and she didn't want to use this forum anymore to give update even when she was active in patreon, i really don't mind to see her last update here. 

I don't like mod behind a paywall, this shouldn't exist and they are illegal judging the EA's contract of product. Yeah, maybe it's bad to share it because it's her mod, but she wouldn't have to prevent her mod to be behind a paywall. Every mod from patreon that are a bit too late to give a public release are available for download. Whickedwhims, kinkyworld are available in site such as some numberchan sites and you can't do anything about this.

Patreon is intented to be a platform to give support only, not to attract players with better update/better support/better information sharing poor free update every 6 months. There are some modders that use patreon well, like venusprincess, mike24, loverlab itself, CE0..., so if you want to use patreon, take an example from them.

There would have been no issues if these authors were giving free update with shorter release but it's not the case, so deal with it. 

Archived