[TS3] Discussion about releasing the latest update of L666 animations.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

I was a patreon since ~4 months for L666 but since it was obviously a mod behind a paywall and she didn't want to use this forum anymore to give update even when she was active in patreon, i really don't mind to see her last update here. 

I don't like mod behind a paywall, this shouldn't exist and they are illegal judging the EA's contract of product. Yeah, maybe it's bad to share it because it's her mod, but she wouldn't have to prevent her mod to be behind a paywall. Every mod from patreon that are a bit too late to give a public release are available for download. Whickedwhims, kinkyworld are available in site such as some numberchan sites and you can't do anything about this.

Patreon is intented to be a platform to give support only, not to attract players with better update/better support/better information sharing poor free update every 6 months. There are some modders that use patreon well, like venusprincess, mike24, loverlab itself, CE0..., so if you want to use patreon, take an example from them.

There would have been no issues if these authors were giving free update with shorter release but it's not the case, so deal with it. 

So you agree with the hypothetic release?

Anyway, I agree: I view Patreon as a way to support mike, Omaster, TURBODRIVER and whoever else I can XD

I was a patreon since ~4 months for L666 but since it was obviously a mod behind a paywall and she didn't want to use this forum anymore to give update even when she was active in patreon, i really don't mind to see her last update here. 

I don't like mod behind a paywall, this shouldn't exist and they are illegal judging the EA's contract of product. Yeah, maybe it's bad to share it because it's her mod, but she wouldn't have to prevent her mod to be behind a paywall. Every mod from patreon that are a bit too late to give a public release are available for download. Whickedwhims, kinkyworld are available in site such as some numberchan sites and you can't do anything about this.

Patreon is intented to be a platform to give support only, not to attract players with better update/better support/better information sharing poor free update every 6 months. There are some modders that use patreon well, like venusprincess, mike24, loverlab itself, CE0..., so if you want to use patreon, take an example from them.

There would have been no issues if these authors were giving free update with shorter release but it's not the case, so deal with it. 

It wasn't like she did that from the start, what happened was some people got angry when the animations began to be on pateron. 

A lot of arguments here and there which lead to the removal of them on here. 

I vote no, and as I said earlier if she decides she's not coming back she should come in here and release them herself. As far as I know she's not banned from coming here. Whatever happened with people from here happened and if she says ok come in here and edit your threads to say defunct and/or final and make it a parting gift. Just my thoughts.

Guest Redabyss

I vote no, and as I said earlier if she decides she's not coming back she should come in here and release them herself. As far as I know she's not banned from coming here. Whatever happened with people from here happened and if she says ok come in here and edit your threads to say defunct and/or final and make it a parting gift. Just my thoughts.

Of course she's not: problem is she won't reply, she disappeared ever since she PM'ed me and other people around three weeks ago. 

All this matter is very concerning, since she should've been very active, after her Patreon got closed. Yet she wasn't.

Anyway, I also wanted to point out that since, apparently, getting her S18 package is easy with some online researches, it's just one update, and probably not even that, that is not public.

That doesn't change the consent part, on which I totally agree on... but I think that we should also keep in mind that someday it will just be a matter of doing online researches, outside of LL :/

Of course she's not: problem is she won't reply, she disappeared ever since she PM'ed me and other people around three weeks ago. 

All this matter is very concerning, since she should've been very active, after her Patreon got closed. Yet she wasn't.

Anyway, I also wanted to point out that since, apparently, getting her S18 package is easy with some online researches, it's just one update, and probably not even that, that is not public.

That doesn't change the consent part, on which I totally agree on... but I think that we should also keep in mind that someday it will just be a matter of doing online researches, outside of LL :/

Well maybe she just needs space but I still say no.

Guest Redabyss

Well maybe she just needs space but I still say no.

Oh, I wasn't refering to you (that's why the space), I was just talking in general and to give people more infos when posting!

It wasn't like she did that from the start, what happened was some people got angry when the animations began to be on pateron. 

A lot of arguments here and there which lead to the removal of them on here. 

But that didn't stop her from using this site to promote her Patreon page. If she had a problem with this site she should have had the thread closed or removed and made her intentions clear. I too strongly dislike mods behind paywalls.

I vote yes.

After a certain length of time, it's safe to assume that there's no further version on the way, which makes it as close to finished as it's ever going to be. And since it was intended to be (and indeed, was) available freely to anyone before, I feel safe assuming that it's still intended to be available freely to anyone now.

It would be disrespectful to release her work under someone else's name. But as long as the animations remain clearly attributed to her and she is given all the (genuinely well-deserved) praise and credit for everything she worked so hard to produce, then it's not disrespectful at all for someone else to make it available. It's frankly amazing work that set a very high bar for Sims animators, it deserves better than to vanish into obscurity.

Guest Redabyss

I vote yes.

After a certain length of time, it's safe to assume that there's no further version on the way, which makes it as close to finished as it's ever going to be. And since it was intended to be (and indeed, was) available freely to anyone before, I feel safe assuming that it's still intended to be available freely to anyone now.

It would be disrespectful to release her work under someone else's name. But as long as the animations remain clearly attributed to her and she is given all the (genuinely well-deserved) praise and credit for everything she worked so hard to produce, then it's not disrespectful at all for someone else to make it available. It's frankly amazing work that set a very high bar for Sims animators, it deserves better than to vanish into obscurity.

Very interesting point of view :)

I have a question: if we reach complete parity of votes, how do we proceed? We wait for another vote?

I vote a big NO.  Some here forget, that being a Patreon, supporting , in this case, a very talented creator, is not to PAY for her work. But to provide her the financial flexibility to give her more time for more animations to work on....

It's definately disrespectful to release her work without her approval and/or blessing.

xx

It's definately disrespectful to release her work without her approval and/or blessing.

Please explain how we acquire her "approval" since she no longer communicates with anyone.

It's not that she didn't communicate. It's the fact that she benefited from having her Patreon page on LL in order to promote it while portraying it as a free mod, then after that she failed to communicate on the forum while continuing to keep her Patreon page on here. That is the sign of a mod that is behind a paywall, as she could have, at the very least, removed the link for her Patreon page if she no longer wanted anything to do with LL. I do support some artists on Patreon and agree with the concept of it but it all depends on their conduct. That is why I cannot bring myself to support KW, even though it was tempting; it has the same issues. If it was a free mod as she says it was then all of the content should be made free, unless she specifies that she changed her mind and that it is now a paid mod. Even then, websites like SimsCave and PMBD could put up her paid content because EA does not give consent for CC creators to charge for their content.

Guest Redabyss

And if she does decide to come back some day, don't you think that she is going to be pissed off that this was released without her consent?

Exactly !!

That's why I specified that, if she ever comes back, this whole thread will be null! But what if she doesn't?

As I said... she said she was in a very difficult situation, because she lost basically what was her job, yet she disappeared for three weeks. That's strange if you think about it. That's why we should consider the possibility that she never will come back.

Three weeks is nothing compared to all her time she'd put in her work.  I call it impatience from some around here, three weeks out of the picture and all of sudden people want to put her latest files (from a Patreon) without her consent here on LL??.....that's just disrespectful , almost piracy. 

xx

Guest Redabyss

Three weeks is nothing compared to all her time she'd put in her work.  I call it impatience from some around here, three weeks out of the picture and all of sudden people want to put her latest files (from a Patreon) without her consent here on LL??.....that's just disrespectful , almost piracy. 

xx

You don't see the point.

She hasn't said anything even if she should've been a lot active, given the circumstances she said.

Could be nothing, could be anything else. But, in the meanwhile, her products become inaccessible, thus illegal. 

So, it's just organizing, nothing more nothing less.

Archived