Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Bug: All silver DD variant gear is missing the "(Silver)" tag in the armor name, can't easily search for them with additem.

Question: the pony gags with "(Blinders)" were they supposed to be used/usable with blindfold mechanics?

Question regarding SelectValidDDAnimations:

- Added: A library function for selecting DD-aware sex animations: sslBaseAnimation[] function SelectValidDDAnimations(Actor[] actors, int count, bool forceaggressive = false, string includetag = "") DD mods can now use this to pick SexLab animations valid for the devices worn (e.g. armbinders and chastity gear). Animations returned by this function are guaranteed to be valid and will not be overridden by the DDI animation filter. DD modders are encouraged to use this function to select sex animation, as it will improve user experience when playing with bondage items. Note: This function works for DD devices only. It will not recognizes items from other bondage packs, e.g. ZAP.

Looking at zadLibs.psc, I found this:

line 724:

; Note: At the time of writing this, there are no bound animations for more than two actors. In other words, the result will -always- be None, if more than two actors are passed to this function and one of them is bound.

Is this still valid? I personally don't need it, but I can see this getting in the way of some authors using this function.

PS are there really no 3 party animations in any of those animation packs that can handle one party member being gagged or armbound? is that really weird that such an animation doesn't exist with DD's popularity?

is the final test closed? i can't find any download link.

You have the download it from the Github "development" branch, links are in the first post :)

i've just realized that this is the framework thread and not the cursed loot one and i was searching for the github version of it... thanks mate!

line 724:

; Note: At the time of writing this, there are no bound animations for more than two actors. In other words, the result will -always- be None, if more than two actors are passed to this function and one of them is bound.

Is this still valid? I personally don't need it, but I can see this getting in the way of some authors using this function.

PS are there really no 3 party animations in any of those animation packs that can handle one party member being gagged or armbound? is that really weird that such an animation doesn't exist with DD's popularity?

There are really no bound Sexlab animations for more than two actors. Nobody ever made some, and our own animator is super-busy making struggle/walk/combat animations.

The more devices the batter. But I think I'm unable to accept global settings affecting escape difficulty removed. I choose DCL rather than CD just because DCL‘s various variables can be set out set in great detail by PLAYER.

I like to think I explained multiple times why we felt it was necessary.

Btw, CD can be customized, as well.

line 724:

There are really no bound Sexlab animations for more than two actors. Nobody ever made some, and our own animator is super-busy making struggle/walk/combat animations.

The more devices the batter. But I think I'm unable to accept global settings affecting escape difficulty removed. I choose DCL rather than CD just because DCL‘s various variables can be set out set in great detail by PLAYER.

I like to think I explained multiple times why we felt it was necessary.

Btw, CD can be customized, as well.

Can't we have a poll or something because I think everyone need to have a say at this, it's not totally up to (your) decision because it's up to the people that using it. It's espeically unacceptable you remove it even so many people are opposing it..

Can't we have a poll or something because I think everyone need to have a say at this, it's not totally up to (your) decision because it's up to the people that using it. It's espeically unacceptable you remove it even so many people are opposing it..

This is not a democracy. Modders are free to make unilateral decisions at will.  

See this post

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page-26?do=findComment&comment=1947583

"The avalanche has begun, it is too late for the pebble to vote" - Kosh

than he shouldn't work on something such as a framework but on his original mod such as cursed loot who had pretty good configuration, oberviosly he just expose his true face after taking over the framework now and I can't believe that the other modder in DD team is with him. #I am getting a bit personal and I am quite angry

it's like tara's zaz. Kimy should leave framework

Nobody gives a hoot what're you're angry about, when you're spouting absolute nonsense about things you know nothing of.

The only person who should leave is you.

It's not like we don't have some control over difficulty with the new system, it's just that we get a global difficulty setting instead of per-item settings.

See screenshot taken from the current public beta version. There's also 4 more levels not shown in the screenshot, 2 on each side.

post-1144974-0-25396300-1507509225_thumb.jpg

than he shouldn't work on something such as a framework but on his original mod such as cursed loot who had pretty good configuration, oberviosly he just expose his true face after taking over the framework now and I can't believe that the other modder in DD team is with him. #I am getting a bit personal and I am quite angry

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/?p=6248 --- Read Rule #1

You don't want to continue with what you've started, it'll only get you in trouble and you don't need that.

Edit: If you really must have what was removed, you ARE free to create a mod to add it back but in any contest between a modder who is providing content here and a consumer who is complaining about how that content is changed the consumer is going to lose because the content creators are the people keeping this place alive.

This is not a democracy. Modders are free to make unilateral decisions at will.  

See this post

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page-26?do=findComment&comment=1947583

"The avalanche has begun, it is too late for the pebble to vote" - Kosh

I don't see you taking the time to program this stuff and giving modders the tools they need to to make their own mods. And thats what DDa, DDi, and DDx arte, framework and tools for other modders to use to create their own mod. DCL is a end user mod more so than the 3 DD mods are but the 3 DD mods again are frameworks and Kimy and team is creating the DD mods to give modders more control and options for when they create their own mods. You are welcome to create your own framework mods or stick with current release DD mods, just don't expect support for them as much.

You don't want to continue with what you've started, it'll only get you in trouble and you don't need that.

Edit: If you really must have what was removed, you ARE free to create a mod to add it back but in any contest between a modder who is providing content here and a consumer who is complaining about how that content is changed the consumer is going to lose because the content creators are the people keeping this place alive.

Cool, I will do that.

It depends on how the beta is defined. Our "beta" is really a total misnomer but we're calling it that because if we didn't, people would probably call it that anyways.

What you see here is actually the Development version, the same that we are working on. We opened our development to the public November last year because our own internal testing model was flawed so we decided we'd get better results just being upfront about everything we do and letting anyone who's interested test features in real time, as they are developed, and provide meaningful, experience-driven feedback.

It's not like we have any competition that's going to run away with our ideas and cost us millions in projected profits. So really we have nothing to hide.

A real beta, on the other hand, would be a separate build, specifically put together for the purpose of testing and usually only once the development process had finished. The purpose of a real beta would be only to catch last-minute bugs. User feedback regarding features would at that point be irrelevant and unwanted. What you'd see in the beta would most likely be what the release version would have.

So to answer your question, technically it's not a "beta". As for the development process, it takes as long as it needs, we set and schedule our own milestones and reach them when or if our busy personal lives allow. Release happens when we decide that it should happen, not a nanosecond off.

TL;DR: we are not beholden to any external rules, expectations, fiscal timelines or publishing deadlines. Everything we do is arbitrary, sometimes even whimsical.

Am I too late to join up for beta testing or it won't matter considering we're nearing the release of DD 4.0?

You can download the current dev Beta build from the first post via GitHub.

Remember to start a new game and run FNIS 7 before reporting errors and such ;)

Beside the gagtalk the latest build is playable with some things here and there like a beta would be.

Just to clarify that: They can certainly make any changes to the DD mods they wish for PRIVATE PURPOSES, but I will totally not tolerate a fork of DD being posted here or anywhere else. The DD license does not allow publishing changed version of its files, and I fully intend to enforce that clause.

Nobody gives a hoot what're you're angry about, when you're spouting absolute nonsense about things you know nothing of.

The only person who should leave is you.

I second that.

Just to clarify that: They can certainly make any changes to the DD mods they wish for PRIVATE PURPOSES, but I will totally not tolerate a fork of DD being posted here or anywhere else. The DD license does not allow publishing changed version of its files, and I fully intend to enforce that clause.

It could be done as an add-on mod.

To be honest I see this as a reaction to the use of the new versions with old DD mods that have obviously not yet been updated to take advantage of the new features. I suspect once this is released and new releases of the mods using DD items come loose this will turn into a non-issue for most people.

Better though to have someone develop a mod to restore what they are missing though than for this to turn into yet another unnecessary and useless conflict.

It could be done as an add-on mod.

To be honest I see this as a reaction to the use of the new versions with old DD mods that have obviously not yet been updated to take advantage of the new features. I suspect once this is released and new releases of the mods using DD items come loose this will turn into a non-issue for most people.

Better though to have someone develop a mod to restore what they are missing though than for this to turn into yet another unnecessary and useless conflict.

I fail to see how it would be possible to make changes to the new DD escape system in other ways than via a patch against the original DDI scripts. Which is explicitly disallowed by the DD license to redistribute. Yes, I will ask the mods to take down any such mod as soon as I spot it. Particularly if a rude, immature, self-entitled, arrogant jerk like SIMESONW publishes them. Not that I'd believe for a second that a person like that would possess the skills to actually pull it off in the first place. But the last thing any framework needs is having multiple forks with different features around.

Btw, the new escape system is perfectly backwards compatible with existing mods. At least I haven't yet heard a single report saying the opposite. That's definitely NOT an excuse to cause drama just because some people disagree with the direction DD is taking. People who don't like DD for one reason or the other are welcome not to use it.

I fail to see how it would be possible to make changes to the new DD escape system in other ways than via a patch against the original DDI scripts.

[...]

You do realize you come off as incredibly arrogant when saying it that way? WaxenFigure somewhat approached that very issue, so I'll say it with other words: it's not because you can't conceive of a way that there is no way; it's not because you chose a path that everybody will like it.

Has WaxenFigure said, a lot of the badmouth comes from a

- You are very protective of the framework, but people also are very protective of how they consume content. Usually, when frameworks or programming languages fade a feature out, they release "in between" versions with the old stuff still working but unmaintained and slap a "DEPRECATED" warning for every call to the old api. I get that it may not be doable though.

Also I don't really care what is done with the framework, as long as the current gag talk goes away or can be easily disabled. The other stuff is for modders to figure out.