Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Not sure what your referring to about Assets, both branches on git are the same (but contains changes that has yet to be uploaded here. Well, just a single bugfix for cbbe, but still...)

Have you used any other version of DD on your save?

Are the development branches on git, i.e. https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx/tree/development the correct versions to be using? Anyway, after deleting and reinstalling the files, I started a new game, added the white ebonite armbinder, and put it on (choosing not to manipulate the straps and just snapping myself into it like an idiot). Using "Take it off" returns:

You try to get the armbinder off, but the combination of straps, knots and padlocks keeps it securely in place. There is no way it will come off anytime soon by itself.

"Struggle":

Despite your best efforts, the armbinder defeats you soundly, holding your arms helpless behind you. Eventually it is obvious that you will not be able to struggle out of this one. You resolve to find a different way to escape your bindings.

I summoned a random NPC (Redguard Woman), which gave me the dialogue option to remove the armbinder, and once again she just asked "What is it?" and the dialogue closed.

I should probably have led with this, but here's my modlist:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
WM Flora Fixes.esp
JSwords.esm
AmethystHollowsMaster.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Campfire.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
daymoyl.esm
paradise_halls.esm
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
MoreBeastRaceWarpaintsHD.esp
FISS.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
EnchantedArsenal.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
NusbieVoices.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
AK- Placeable Statics.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Lanterns on the Roads (50% less lanterns).esp
Better Vampires.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
Northern Bathhouses.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
UltimateCombat.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
AmethystHollowsUpdate.esp
SexLab More Creatures.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
zdd.esp
HorrifiedFemalePrisons.esp
buildablehouse.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Phenderix Magic Evolved.esp
Frostfall.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
SKSE Hotkeys.esp
HornyWerewolves.esp
Midas Magic Expanded.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp
Missives.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor.esp
KS_beastHairlite_27.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
FNISspells.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves.esp
Tirashan.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
LustmordVampireArmor.esp
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
RGMsAlchemistsCompendium.esp
Magelight Multi Cast.esp
Hunterborn.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
TrueStorms.esp
Dovahkiin Mercenary Armor and Weapons CBBE.esp
EdhildilsWitchDoctor.esp
TERAArmors_CBBE.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
HornyDragons.esp
VioLens.esp
BDIC.esp
BDIC SkyTEST Patch.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
TakeNotes.esp
RND Of Course.esp
USLEEPSurvivalModPatch.esp
Hunterborn_Campfire_Patch.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_WearableLantern-Patch.esp
ScrimshawExpanded.esp
Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
SLA Monitor Widget.esp
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
SLPleasure.esp
SLPrivacy.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
SexLab Enchantress.esp
LoversComfort.esp
SexLab_Solutions.esp
SexLabTools.esp
SexLabWerewolves.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabSquirtR.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
TBOS.esp
dc-untamed-000.esp
animal_mansion_redux.esp
PuppetMaster.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
SD Addons.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Simple Slavery Defeat.esp
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
FtM_3.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
zHauntedHouse.esp
PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp
Slavewaymanor.esm.esp
paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp
PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp
Hunterborn_CACO_Patch.esp
ScrimshawExpanded_CHPatch.esp
ScrimshawExpanded_IAPatch.esp
ScrimshawExpanded_IWPatch.esp
ScrimshawExpandedCampfire.esp
CACO_RND_Patch.esp
CACO_SkyrimImmersiveCreatures+DLC2_Patch.esp
CACO_SkyrimImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ScrimshawExpandd_ASLALPatch.esp
XPMSE.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I'm wondering if Captured Dreams or Paradise Halls is replicating old behavior... I can start pulling out mods and testing if you like, any idea where to start?

I would suggest loading your full order in tes5edit and see if any mods make changes to the items.

I did however notice that you're running dd for him, is that one updated for the dev version? If not, I'd bet it is reverting quite a lot of the changes.

Captured Dreams and DD for Him do not replace scripts on devices though DD for Him would not have any keyword changes or a script change if the script was replaced with a different one entirely. If the existing script was changed then some properties may not be filled but would be there. As for CD, the standard devices are taken directly from DDi or DDx, only quest devices would not have any script/keyword/property changes. As for Paradise Halls, so long as it is using the base devices and getting them from DDi or DDx and did not just replicate them then only custom items would be affected, same as CD would be.

With the number of complaints I would suggest checking the dialogue conditions in DDi/DDx and make sure they are correct, do not have holes in them  or are not missing links to other dialogue.

I have had complaints from my testers that the armbinders are not being removed by my removal scripts (base devices or quest devices) if they are using the beta but the removal functions work fine with the release version. The scripts are based around the DDi commands of GetWornDevice and GetRenderedDevice so either the primary device keyword has changed on them or these commands are no longer working properly.

*snip*

I would suggest loading your full order in tes5edit and see if any mods make changes to the items.

I did however notice that you're running dd for him, is that one updated for the dev version? If not, I'd bet it is reverting quite a lot of the changes.

Captured Dreams and DD for Him do not replace scripts on devices though DD for Him would not have any keyword changes or a script change if the script was replaced with a different one entirely. If the existing script was changed then some properties may not be filled but would be there. As for CD, the standard devices are taken directly from DDi or DDx, only quest devices would not have any script/keyword/property changes. As for Paradise Halls, so long as it is using the base devices and getting them from DDi or DDx and did not just replicate them then only custom items would be affected, same as CD would be.

With the number of complaints I would suggest checking the dialogue conditions in DDi/DDx and make sure they are correct, do not have holes in them  or are not missing links to other dialogue.

I have had complaints from my testers that the armbinders are not being removed by my removal scripts (base devices or quest devices) if they are using the beta but the removal functions work fine with the release version. The scripts are based around the DDi commands of GetWornDevice and GetRenderedDevice so either the primary device keyword has changed on them or these commands are no longer working properly.

I'll start off by saying that I never mentioned Captured Dreams, mainly because I don't this that is part of his issue...

I did however just download and install DD for him to see if that could be an issue. And I've confirmed that DD for him WILL break, or at least undo, the changes made in the DD dev versions on a lot of items, including armbinders.

*snip*

I'll start off by saying that I never mentioned Captured Dreams, mainly because I don't this that is part of his issue...

I did however just download and install DD for him to see if that could be an issue. And I've confirmed that DD for him WILL break, or at least undo, the changes made in the DD dev versions on a lot of items, including armbinders.

I mentioned the mods I did as they were mentioned by the original poster. I also said that DD for Him would not have any changes made in the dev version. I take it that a keyword has been added / changed with the item (or possibly something else) that the dialogue conditions look for.

Also, the issue I mentioned with armbinder removal in CD with the dev version still stands as it uses the primary device keyword for an item to retrieve information and have been told that those keywords are still on the device. The primary parts of the function is this:

RI_WornDev = libs.GetWornDevice(TARGETACTOR, RI_DevKeyword) as armor
RI_RenderDev = libs.getrendereddevice(RI_WornDev) as armor

libs.removedevice(TARGETACTOR, RI_WornDev, RI_RenderDev, RI_DevKeyword)

Note that RI_DevKeyword is given in the main body of the function and is determined by which item you are calling to be removed. Other than quest items (I have a similar version of this for those) this function can remove any device and has been in use for some time in CD. The only reason the armbinder should not be removed is if the primary keyword for the device type has been changed.

Has it?

I mentioned the mods I did as they were mentioned by the original poster. I also said that DD for Him would not have any changes made in the dev version. I take it that a keyword has been added / changed with the item (or possibly something else) that the dialogue conditions look for.

Right, I see... I was mostly focused on the actual issue he had with the armbinder itself, since he's getting the old escape/struggle system and messages, since dd for him was putting the old script back on instead of the new one. 

Also about the dialogue, the one that comes with DDi (starts with "Can you help me?"), it is disabled according to what has been said by the dd team.

Also, the issue I mentioned with armbinder removal in CD with the dev version still stands as it uses the primary device keyword for an item to retrieve information and have been told that those keywords are still on the device. The primary parts of the function is this:

Note that RI_DevKeyword is given in the main body of the function and is determined by which item you are calling to be removed. Other than quest items (I have a similar version of this for those) this function can remove any device and has been in use for some time in CD. The only reason the armbinder should not be removed is if the primary keyword for the device type has been changed.

Has it?

The old "zad_DeviousArmbinder" looks to still be there, alongside the new "zad_DeviousHeavyBondage" that seems to be common for all devices that restrain the arms in some way.

Right, I see... I was mostly focused on the actual issue he had with the armbinder itself, since he's getting the old escape/struggle system and messages, since dd for him was putting the old script back on instead of the new one. 

Also about the dialogue, the one that comes with DDi (starts with "Can you help me?"), it is disabled according to what has been said by the dd team.

Has it?

The old "zad_DeviousArmbinder" looks to still be there, alongside the new "zad_DeviousHeavyBondage" that seems to be common for all devices that restrain the arms in some way.

At this point I am at a loss as to why the Armbinders in particular are not being removed by my script with the dev version. If it was a keyword change with the devices then the items would not have been equipped and if the GetWornDevice() or GetRenderedDevice() functions had been changed then none of the other items would have been removed (belt, plugs, collar, bra, arm cuffs, leg cuffs, restrictive boots and corset) as they are all removed using the same function. My playtesters that have reverted back to the release version of DD have said that the armbinder is removed properly. All of the devices are standard DD devices and pulled directly from DDi and DDx.

At this point I am at a loss as to why the Armbinders in particular are not being removed by my script with the dev version. If it was a keyword change with the devices then the items would not have been equipped and if the GetWornDevice() or GetRenderedDevice() functions had been changed then none of the other items would have been removed (belt, plugs, collar, bra, arm cuffs, leg cuffs, restrictive boots and corset) as they are all removed using the same function. My playtesters that have reverted back to the release version of DD have said that the armbinder is removed properly. All of the devices are standard DD devices and pulled directly from DDi and DDx.

I did notice that something has changed with the GetWornDevice() function, it looks like it's no longer looking at all the keywords, but only the main keyword the device is claiming to be in scripts. Also keep in mind that they have removed all the zaz keywords at this point.

I think the old functionality has been moved into GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch(), where it will look at all keywords. At least that was the solution I found to fix one of the mods I'm using to work with the dev versions.

I still think armbinders report themselves with the "zad_DeviousArmbinder" keyword as the primary, but I'm not at home right now to check in tes5edit.

The primary device keyword for wrist restraints has changed and made consistent with how DD implemented other device keywords. zad_DeviousHeavyBondage is now used for all wrist restraints. Wrist restraints were the only device class using more than one basic device keyword. Keywords like zad_DeviousArmbinder and zad_DeviousYoke are now used as sub-type classifiers (much like zad_DeviousStraitjacket and zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt are sub-types of zad_DeviousSuit). These keywords are still present on the devices, but all functions making references to the DeviceKeyword property will now return zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. This change was mandated by the new wrist restraint implementation.

In short, you should now pass zad_DeviousHeavyBondage to all DD API functions when manipulating wrist restraints.

Apologies for any inconveniences that might cause, but AFAIK that's one of the few mentionable things in 4.0 isn't 100% backwards compatible with 3.3.

Dumb question from bicobus here: if it is a subclass, doesn't that means it is assumed to also be zad_DeviousHeavyBondage? Something like "I'm a yoke, but I'm really am DeviousHeavyBondage".

It means "I am a wrist restraint, and more specifically, I am a yoke."

You CAN assume that every item tagged with one of the wrist restraint subclasses has zad_DeviousHeavyBondage as main device keyword. If you write code doing that, it would work.

I currently use zad_DeviousHeavyBondage as a way to know that the player's hands are not free. But many wrist restraints do not meet that condition and your hands are not restricted at all.

So am I misunderstanding, or does DeviousHeavyBondage no longer mean "hands are not free" ?

I currently use zad_DeviousHeavyBondage as a way to know that the player's hands are not free. But many wrist restraints do not meet that condition and your hands are not restricted at all.

So am I misunderstanding, or does DeviousHeavyBondage no longer mean "hands are not free" ?

I am not aware of any wrist restraint in DD that doesn't actually tie your wrists.

It seems there's a bug in the animation filter for sexlab scenes.

From what I can see, based on the log entries, by the time it gets to this block the "actors" array still has nothing in it.

if actors.Length != originalActors.Length || solos.Length >= 1
    libs.Log("Requesting actor change to " + actors.Length + " actors.")
    i = 0
    while i < actors.Length
        libs.Log("Actor ["+i+"]: "+actors[i].GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
        i += 1
    EndWhile
    i = 0
    while i < solos.Length
        libs.Log("Solo ["+i+"]: "+solos[i].GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
        i += 1
    EndWhile
    NeedsRebuild = True		
Elseif !NeedsRebuild
    Controller.SetAnimation()
Endif
If NeedsRebuild
    Controller.ChangeActors(actors)
Else    
    Controller.RealignActors()
EndIf
Code is from zadBQ00.psc

So it goes into the if section, since "actors" is empty, and "originalActors" in this case has 2.

And then proceeds to try and tell sexlab to changeactors with an empty array, though I have no idea what sexlab does in that case.

Either way it does not switch to an animation that fits whatever devices is on the player.

Papyrus log:

[09/13/2017 - 01:40:43AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - Entering Making State
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:43AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Nim) -- TRUE -- MISS
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:43AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Nim] SetActor([Actor < (00000014)>]) - [sslActorAlias <alias ActorAlias004 on quest SexLabThread00 (06061EEF)>]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:43AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Brother Verulus) -- TRUE -- MISS
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:43AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: Brother Verulus Seeded Stats: [55.388145, 122.704849, 76.362267, 102.860641, 52.622429, 3.690190, 2.000000, 17.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 19.000000, 0.000000, 80.000000, 176.417816, 86.772858, 19.420267]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Brother Verulus] SetActor([Actor < (0001BB8F)>]) - [sslActorAlias <alias ActorAlias003 on quest SexLabThread00 (06061EEF)>]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - GetByTags(ActorCount=2, Tags=Anal, TagsSuppressed=Aggressive, RequireAll=TRUE)
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - GetByTags(ActorCount=2, Tags=ForeplayAnal, TagsSuppressed=, RequireAll=TRUE)
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStarting
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Adjustment Profile - BretonRaceF.ImperialRaceM
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Brother Verulus]  - Waited [1] cycles for MarkerRef[[ObjectReference < (FF000E2C)>]]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Nim]  - Strip: [True, True, True, True, True, False, False, True, True, True, False, True, False, False, False, True, True, True, False, True, False, False, False, True, True, False, True, True, True, True, False, False, True]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:44AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Brother Verulus]  - Strip: [True, True, True, True, True, False, False, True, True, True, False, True, False, False, False, True, True, True, False, True, False, False, False, True, True, False, True, True, True, True, False, False, True]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Nim]  - Equipment: []
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Nim] RemoveHeelEffect (NiOverride) - [0.000000, 0.000000, 6.000000]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Brother Verulus]  - Equipment: [[Form < (00107106)>], [Armor < (000BACD7)>], [WEAPON < (0001397E)>]]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Nim]  - Scales[0.997500/ DISABLED] Voice[Breathy (Female)] Expression[Sad] BaseEnjoyment[0]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Brother Verulus]  - Scales[1.000000/ DISABLED] Voice[Neutral (Male)] Expression[Sad] BaseEnjoyment[1]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(Prepare) - Lag Timer: 28.477005
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStart
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] [Zad]: OnAnimationStart()
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] GagSFX: OnAnimationStart()
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] GagSFX: Hooked Controller arg:0 controller is [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread00 (06061EEF)>]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] GagSFX: actors involved are:
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:45AM] GagSFX:  - Nim [Actor < (00000014)>] Sex is 1
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] GagSFX: existing voice is:[sslBaseVoice <alias RegistrySlot373 on quest SexLabQuestRegistry (060664FB)>]
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] GagSFX: forced voice to :22
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] GagSFX:  - Brother Verulus [Actor < (0001BB8F)>] Sex is 0
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] GagSFX: voice left untouched
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] GagSFX: end
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: PermitAnal TRUE
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: PermitVaginal TRUE
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: PermitBoobs False
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: PermitOral False
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: NoBindings False
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: IsCreatureAnim False
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: UsingArmbinder TRUE
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: UsingYoke False
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: Actor(s) are bound. Trying to set up bound animation.
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: Overriding animations.
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] [Zad]: Requesting actor change to 0 actors.
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:46AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(startUp) - Lag Timer: 9.233002
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:47AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(Sync) - Lag Timer: 9.399002
[09/13/2017 - 01:40:47AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - StageStart

Should be fixed now.

I am not aware of any wrist restraint in DD that doesn't actually tie your wrists.

I'm thinking of all the arm cuffs. They use Zad_DeviousArmCuffs. I use that keyword too for every Virgin device I refer to as a Wrist device.

So if these devices are not now to be treated as zad_DeviousHeavyBondage, then no problem :) Do I have that right?

so what happened to the elbow binder? it still seems broken in my tests....  when you try and take it off all that appears is a screen that says "carry on"

Can't confirm this. Seems to work on my build.

I'm thinking of all the arm cuffs. They use Zad_DeviousArmCuffs. I use that keyword too for every Virgin device I refer to as a Wrist device.

So if these devices are not now to be treated as zad_DeviousHeavyBondage, then no problem :) Do I have that right?

Arm cuffs not tying your wrists are NOT tagged with zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. Your code should work fine. :)

The primary device keyword for wrist restraints has changed and made consistent with how DD implemented other device keywords. zad_DeviousHeavyBondage is now used for all wrist restraints. Wrist restraints were the only device class using more than one basic device keyword. Keywords like zad_DeviousArmbinder and zad_DeviousYoke are now used as sub-type classifiers (much like zad_DeviousStraitjacket and zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt are sub-types of zad_DeviousSuit). These keywords are still present on the devices, but all functions making references to the DeviceKeyword property will now return zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. This change was mandated by the new wrist restraint implementation.

In short, you should now pass zad_DeviousHeavyBondage to all DD API functions when manipulating wrist restraints.

Apologies for any inconveniences that might cause, but AFAIK that's one of the few mentionable things in 4.0 isn't 100% backwards compatible with 3.3.

Noted, won't be an issue when updating for the next release of DD as it is easily changed.

All riiiiiight, we're ready for a final testing phase of the entire thing. With one notable exception, all planned features for version 4.0 have now been implemented!

If you want to test, please make sure you have installed the NEWEST FNIS 7.0 version and built your animations with it. DD 4.0 requires it. Also make sure to test with a new save game. DD 4.0 does NOT work with a save game that had a previous version of DD installed.

If you find any issues, please report them here. We will fix them as they get reported.

Known issues:

- The new gag dialogue is still incomplete and not working.

Changelog:

Version 4.0 Beta 1

- Added: Straitjackets and new struggle animations for them. 26 variants in total, including open (breast exposed) and closed top, variants with legbinder and two hobble-dress/straitjacket combos!
- Added: Handcuffs worn in front and new struggle animations for them.
- Added: Breast bondage yoke. This yoke variant will lock on a subject's breasts instead of her neck.
- Added: 30 new pony items: Bitgags and pony harnesses.
- Added: A very strict version of the armbinder that binds the arms of a subject so tight that her elbows will touch inside the glove. This item is very hard to escape without help. Six new variants.
- Added: Silver and gold variants of chastity gear. 12 new items.
- Added: Many items from the Cursed Loot item library have been backported to the base framework to make them available for a broader audience. Catsuits, gloves, boots, hoods, yokes, ankle shackles. 105 new items.
- Added: New escape system. Players can now try to escape a device by struggling, lockpicking or cutting it open. The difficulty can now be set by the modder on a device level! One escape attempt can be performed once in a given period, also defined on the device level. If no local statements are made, default values are used. Players can now also attempt to repair jammed locks. The old (legacy) escape system is no longer selectable in MCM and has
been disabled. Global settings affecting escape difficulty have also been removed. Custom messages can also be defined on the device level, overriding standard framework message, if desired.
- Added:  New key break and jam lock mechanics. Key break and lock jam probabilities are now also set on the device level. By default, keys do not break until the item creator sets this value to higher than zero. Also, the modder can now set a property that will destroy the device and/or the keys upon removal. This does not affect removal by scripting. The corresponding global MCM controls have been removed.
- Added: New system for handling quest devices. DD quest devices are now much harder to remove by 3rd party mods, even when trying to brute force them off via standard API calls instead of the DDI API. This function should break all existing features that allow removal of such items. Yes, that's intentional.
- Added: New debug function that can be triggered by the user, which will remove -all- DD devices, including quest devices. This function will also send a new ModEvent DDI_Quest_SigTerm to signal content mods to terminate their quests. DD modders should register to that event and call the appropriate functions on their end, to allow the user to cleanly end DD quest, if they so desire.
- Added: A library function for selecting DD-aware sex animations: sslBaseAnimation[] function SelectValidDDAnimations(Actor[] actors, int count, bool forceaggressive = false, string includetag = "") DD mods can now use this to pick SexLab animations valid for the devices worn (e.g. armbinders and chastity gear). Animations returned by this function are guaranteed to be valid and will not be overridden by the DDI animation filter. DD modders are encouraged to use this function to select sex animation, as it will improve user experience when playing with bondage items. Note: This function works for DD devices only. It will not recognizes items from other bondage packs, e.g. ZAP.
- Added "Manipulate Locks" feature. Players can now chose to disable a generic DD device's locking mechanism when voluntarily equipping a device. This means they can remove it at any time they wish. Modders can override the feature, and it will not work for quest/custom devices. Also added a new API function ForceEquipDevice() to zadlibs, that will NOT fail if a device of the same type is already worn, but attempt to remove the conflicting item instead. This will work for generic devices ONLY. Quest items will not get removed by this function.
- Added: New chastity belt idles: These idles are now getting played during regular belt events, instead of them just displaying a text. There is a new API function in zadlibs to trigger the feature directly, too.
- Added:  Added difficulty modifer to MCM. Users can now pick a modifier to influence device difficullty for all generic devices and custom/quest devices if their creator enabled this feature for them. The modifer (max of +/- 75% on the values set by the device) affects: all escape methods (struggle, cut, lockpick), Escape cooldown, Unlock cooldown, Repair cooldown, Lockshield timer, Key break chance, Jam lock chance, Repair chance. In return, all individual MCM controls affecting the escape system have been removed.
- Added: Ability to pass generic tags to OnDDIEquipDevice()
- Added: Easier registration of custom events and fixed reset of custom events registry on load.

- Changed: Removed ZaZ Animation Pack as a master for Devious Devices. All functionality formerly handled by ZAP is now done by DD itself. Some bound animations developed for DD but distributed via ZAP have been moved to DD.
- Changed: The animation filter no longer recognizes ZAP items.
- Changed: DD devices are no longer tagged with their corresponding ZAP device keywords. As a consequence, mods using ZAP but not DD will no longer be able to recognize DD devices.
- Changed: New implementation of wrist restraints. This makes it much easier to implement new wrist restraints. No more extra quests and extra effect scripts modders have to deal with! Wrist restraints now use the exact same code every other restraint is using. They no longer prevent viewing the inventory, but you still cannot equip weapons or armor while wearing one. This gives wrist restraints much more flexibility, as they now also can use the standard escape system, allowing things like lockable armbinders or cutting out of them, even. Old devices should still work the old way. The only change to them is that they also allow inventory access. All wrist restraints now use the standard keyword zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. Their exact type can be determined with secondary keywords, such as zad_DeviousArmbinder or zad_DeviousYoke. Modders may need to adjust their code, as zad_DeviousHeavyBondage is now the main device keyword for these devices.
- Changed: Disabled the standard yoke/armbinder "Help Me" dialogues, as they were not compatible with the new wrist restraint implementation, and are redundant with numerous similar features in DD content mods.
- Changed: It is now impossible to struggle out of restraints other than wrist restraints with tied hands.
- Changed: Removed obsolete SkRe compatibility patch.
- Changed: Equipping chastity belts will no longer start a device quest.
- Changed: Replaced global lock shield feature with a device-based one. Defaults to a value between 1 and 5 hours, which is very tame and shouldn't break anything. I guess? Scripts bypass the check anyway.
- Changed: Removed "Hardcore Effects" toggle from MCM. All devices now use hardcore effects.
- Changed: Most items had their item weights adjusted.

- Fixed: Bound NPCs should no longer execute sandbox packages breaking their animations.
- Fixed: Prevented event processing while the player is in a SexLab scene.
- Fixed: NPC can no longer remove items when they shouldn't.
- Fixed: Panel gag message not having a "Carry on" option.
- Fixed: Armbinder not hiding the ring slot
- Fixed: Plugs not having a "Put in" option.

great work team! So when the DD 4.0 comes out of beta gag talk system will be implemented?

We will not launch with known broken features. smile.png

What about those of us testing now? Does it mean that we'll still be using the old system, or a not working system?

I tried the Devious Device Beta and noticed the following:

The Black Ebonite Gag Panel (Harness) is showing a mix of 2 different material when equipped. (Normal Leather and Ebonite divided exactly on the middle).

- Does it happens with anyone else?

If you manipulate the locks on the piercings you cannot remove them easily. Tested with iron nipple piercing and common soulgem vaginal piercing. (Don't now if it is a bug)

If you manipulate locks on mittens and unequip it, you receive the message about the key first, them the message about manipulating the locks.

The world model from the red mittens seems to be the same one for the red ebonite one. (displayed when examining the object on inventory)

I tried the Devious Device Beta and noticed the following:

The Black Ebonite Gag Panel (Harness) is showing a mix of 2 different material when equipped. (Normal Leather and Ebonite divided exactly on the middle).

- Does it happens with anyone else?

If you manipulate the locks on the piercings you cannot remove them easily. Tested with iron nipple piercing and common soulgem vaginal piercing. (Don't now if it is a bug)

If you manipulate locks on mittens and unequip it, you receive the message about the key first, them the message about manipulating the locks.

The world model from the red mittens seems to be the same one for the red ebonite one. (displayed when examining the object on inventory)

The panel gag problem happens to me all the time. It's an armoraddon problem that hasn't been rectified, no matter how many times I've requested it.

Vaginal piercing is a problem as well. (Cannot remove because of a non-existant harness being equipped is a pain in the ass. Or vagina as it were.)

Great to see the new version imminent! I've been playing around with the beta a little and it's fantastic. Particularly the prisoner chain. Love that.

One slight issue, however. The new system that prevents certain items being equipped or removed when wearing wrist restraints is a great idea, however it applies to strap-ons equipped by sexlab. While obviously bound characters are less likely to be wearing the strap-on, if they do it gets removed at the start of every animation stage.

Having noted this, I tested to see what would happen to a bound character with a schlong from SOS. It's a similar issue. For example, if your character has a schlong (either male or female) and is wearing armour or clothing that conceals it, when a sexlab animation begins and removes the armour or clothing SOS automatically equips the schlong. If also wearing a devious wrist restraint, DD immediately removes it. SOS then re-equips it, DD removes it, and on into infinity. You get caught in an endless loop of equip/unequip, complete with sound effect and an incomplete "was removed." message spamming the top left corner of the screen, where the schlong appears to be rapidly phasing in and out of the space-time continuum.

It also happens if wearing something like the straight-jacket and marking it as revealing so the schlong is visible.

I understand that DD is intended only for female characters without any extra tackle, but I thought it might be worth a mention anyway.

Thanks!

I noticed that you can "unlock" anything even if you do not have the keys. The attempt will fail but the message that pops up says something about being unable to insert the key in to the lock. I can imagine this could get rather annoying with something like DCLs specialized keys, as there would be no way of knowing, if you have the right key or not.

I tested the piercings again and noticed the following with the manipulate lock options.

- Manipulate locks first and you have no key in inventory -> You're not allowed to remove it. (No unlock option shows)

- Manipulate locks first and you have piercing keys in inventory -> You're able to remove the piercings and you receive the message about "being able to remove due to manipulating the locks".