Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Hi, 

Testing some code with tV4.0 GetDeviceByKeyword & GetDeviceByTags don't return any inventory item for zad_DeviousArmbinder or zad_DeviousArmYoke.

Also not seeing zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow & zad_DeviousCuffsFront via these methods.

Wrist restraints now use the new common device keyword zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. Did you pass this keyword to the function?

Hi, 

Testing some code with tV4.0 GetDeviceByKeyword & GetDeviceByTags don't return any inventory item for zad_DeviousArmbinder or zad_DeviousArmYoke.

Also not seeing zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow & zad_DeviousCuffsFront via these methods.

Wrist restraints now use the new common device keyword zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. Did you pass this keyword to the function?

Wasn't aware of that, however testing with zad_DeviousHeavyBondage I only seem to be getting Armbinders.

When I try adding "Armbinder" to the suppressed list I get nothing returned.

Hi, 

Wasn't aware of that, however testing with zad_DeviousHeavyBondage I only seem to be getting Armbinders.

I am pretty sure we didn't add any new devices to the tag library yet. That's usually the very last thing we do before a release. This function is quite certainly not returning all it could at this point.

Hi, 

I am pretty sure we didn't add any new devices to the tag library yet. That's usually the very last thing we do before a release. This function is quite certainly not returning all it could at this point.

Ok - thanks :)

One annoying problem that I thought had been fixed has come back.

There's an event where your character tries to get past the chastity belt (+ restrictive corset in my case), but after the animation plays, it loops over and over again infinitely.

Can you please look into that? I am using the latest version of the beta.

There's an event where your character tries to get past the chastity belt (+ restrictive corset in my case), but after the animation plays, it loops over and over again infinitely.

And animation stoped if you use jump.

That did not fix it for me.

I had to use the masturbation animation from one of the sexlab mods to stop the animation and force another to stop it.

That did not fix it for me.

I had to use the masturbation animation from one of the sexlab mods to stop the animation and force another to stop it.

I understand. I don't know exactly but I think this jump is bug too. That's why i wrote it. 

Question/Idea to escape out of metal,  especially out of the iron handcuffs and iron ball&chain (xx02f51e and xx037c17)

Experienting a bit around with them today, I roleplayed how I would try to get rid of them without keys, without lockpicks and without any hope of struggling out of iron restraints.

It brought me to either trying my luck with some tools, talking discreeeetly to a smith or some interaction with the forge/workbench where I would try my own smithing skill while restrained.

If I got it right, neither of those is currently implemented? Or did I only miss it by chance (testgame, level 3 character)?

So it could work like

• smith: via dialogue. The vanilla convincing methods could apply (persuade, intimidate, bribe). A "sex" option could be included wink.png
  • tools: couldn't we use the vanilla hammer 0005cae1 or tongs 0005cae0 to try a "brute force" attempt? They would finally be useful at all.
  • forge/workbench: not sure about that, since it's all about crafting... it would imply some kind of "upgrading a locked item into an open item" .. not sure about  that one confused.gif
  • forge: anyway, I can always craft some lockpicks if all other funny methods are not applicable

The dialogue would rely on speech skill, the others on smithing maybe with the proper metal perks.

Of course the device should be destroyed or "broken" after an escape by any of these methods.

Would such "enhanced" escape routes be integral part of the DD framework or would we better need a specialized "Escaping DD framework devices" mod?

EDIT: By the way,  forge & workbench were inaccessible while being handcuffed. That feels completely perfect!

Question/Idea to escape out of metal,  especially out of the iron handcuffs and iron ball&chain (xx02f51e and xx037c17)

Experienting a bit around with them today, I roleplayed how I would try to get rid of them without keys, without lockpicks and without any hope of struggling out of iron restraints.

It brought me to either trying my luck with some tools, talking discreeeetly to a smith or some interaction with the forge/workbench where I would try my own smithing skill while restrained.

If I got it right, neither of those is currently implemented? Or did I only miss it by chance (testgame, level 3 character)?

So it could work like

• smith: via dialogue. The vanilla convincing methods could apply (persuade, intimidate, bribe). A "sex" option could be included wink.png
  • tools: couldn't we use the vanilla hammer 0005cae1 or tongs 0005cae0 to try a "brute force" attempt? They would finally be useful at all.
  • forge/workbench: not sure about that, since it's all about crafting... it would imply some kind of "upgrading a locked item into an open item" .. not sure about  that one confused.gif
  • forge: anyway, I can always craft some lockpicks if all other funny methods are not applicable
The dialogue would rely on speech skill, the others on smithing maybe with the proper metal perks.

Of course the device should be destroyed or "broken" after an escape by any of these methods.

Would such "enhanced" escape routes be integral part of the DD framework or would we better need a specialized "Escaping DD framework devices" mod?

EDIT: By the way,  forge & workbench where inaccessible while beng handcuffed. The feels completely perfect!

Gee, I'm bound at the wrists by metal cuffs and I'm standing next to a grindstone that I can power with my feet. Wonder if I could use that grinder to weaken those restraints. Warning! Grinders use friction and can make metals very hot.

-2 long dint read-

Gee, I'm bound at the wrists by metal cuffs and I'm standing next to a grindstone that I can power with my feet. Wonder if I could use that grinder to weaken those restraints. Warning! Grinders use friction and can make metals very hot.

Logic fail! Ha! Everything in Skyrim casts and/or breathes fire.

There are lots of DD content mods offering "helpful blacksmith" features already, so there is not a lot of need to put another such a feature into the framework.

That too.

On the latest beta, I tried to equip an extreme hobble dress, but nothing happens when I click on it in the inventory, it's marked as equiped, but ... nothing happens, my clothes don't change.  It's a bug I've had for a long time (even on 3.3), but this time I decided to get a log.  Mind that I have a very heavy setup and you might have to scroll a bit smile.png

Bodyslide is not the issue, I rebuilt everything before trying.

It's probably caused by one of the mods I use, I tried a MO profile with only DD and the extreme hobble dress worked as it should. 

Papyrus.0.log

On the latest beta, I tried to equip an extreme hobble dress, but nothing happens when I click on it in the inventory, it's marked as equiped, but ... nothing happens, my clothes don't change.  It's a bug I've had for a long time (even on 3.3), but this time I decided to get a log.  Mind that I have a very heavy setup and you might have to scroll a bit smile.png

It's probably caused by one of the mods I use, I tried a MO profile with only DD and the extreme hobble dress worked as it should. 

Hi, there is a ton of DD-related errors in that log. Right after the startup and then again around lines 2000 and then at the end (5100 onwards) for the hobble dress specifically. Something must be properly broken here. Did you by any chance update from release DD to the beta in that game? I haven't tried it myself, but I don't think updating will work with the wide array of changes to pretty much every item's script properties.

Hi, there is a ton of DD-related errors in that log. Right after the startup and then again around lines 2000 and then at the end (5100 onwards) for the hobble dress specifically. Something must be properly broken here. Did you by any chance update from release DD to the beta in that game? I haven't tried it myself, but I don't think updating will work with the wide array of changes to pretty much every item's script properties.

I started a new game right off with the beta, so no updating in mid-playtrough.  I suppose it's the great number of mods (also causing the big spam in the papyrus) that is somehow responsible, but maybe there's a rare use case with such a load order that causes some part of the DD script to fail.  I know I'm maybe the only one facing this, but who knows, maybe you'll manage to fix it...

On a similar note, normal hobble dresses work fine but bondage mittens scripts also fail : I can equip them, they show on the character, all good but I'm still able to remove/put clothes/weapons on.  I can provide another chaotic log if you're interrested biggrin.png

EDIT : Don't know if it could be related, but a few months ago I tried the mod "Equipitem Fix" (it has been removed from nexus since).  When using this mod, I would have the same problem for EVERY devious device.  If I remember correctly, it replaced the calls to some "equipitem" function to its SKSE version, and was aimed to correctly apply item buffs/debuffs. 

I just took a look at the descriptions for many of the commits on GitHub, and it really makes me excited for the next DD. Removing the quest from the chastity belt, revamping the escape system to be more intuitive, simplifying by eliminating Zaz dependency, giving more fine control to modders, all the new content, and even stuff like the July 24 experimental fix for animations breaking... feels like pretty much everything I ever hoped for from DD. You guys are awesome.

I just took a look at the descriptions for many of the commits on GitHub, and it really makes me excited for the next DD. Removing the quest from the chastity belt, revamping the escape system to be more intuitive, simplifying by eliminating Zaz dependency, giving more fine control to modders, all the new content, and even stuff like the July 24 experimental fix for animations breaking... feels like pretty much everything I ever hoped for from DD. You guys are awesome.

I agree 100% here, however I do still have a suggestions:

Would it be possible to integrate the lockpicking minigame in to the lock picking attempts? I know most people at best feel indifferent about the existing lock picking mechanics in skyrim but the current system is fairly un-engaging and now, with multiple means of escape attempts it feels like clicking off a checklist every game hour or so rather than trying different things. If it is possible but people find it too easy; would it be possible to add a timer, or multiple locks that need to be opened in quick succession, with various devious effects, effecting the difficulty?

Would a struggling minigame be feasible? Sexlab Defeat already has the framework for this type of system:

--- Resist

The player has the possibility of resisting a sexual assault attempt, to do so you need to press and hold your strafe left or right hotkey until you see the struggle bar appear and then you need to alternatively press strafe left and strafe right hotkeys to fill the bar, if you manage to fulfil the bar before the aggressor get you (5 seconds), you will make a resist move that depend of your first main resist skill chosen in MCM then you’ll get on your feet and the combat will restart.

With simpler devices being removed after a successful round of struggling, and more complicated ones requiring multiple rounds to loosen and finally remove a device.

Device cutting could also be enhanced with cutting attempts requiring a held weapon, having the chance of success being effected by the value of the weapon and failure being punished by a combination of self injury, dropping or even losing/breaking the weapon.

Of course this is all just fluff stuff, from what I have read here you are pretty busy on the back end stuff but if you do have the time to take a look at the escape systems; I think I a little engagement would add much to the immersion of the devious systems.

I started a new game right off with the beta, so no updating in mid-playtrough.  I suppose it's the great number of mods (also causing the big spam in the papyrus) that is somehow responsible, but maybe there's a rare use case with such a load order that causes some part of the DD script to fail.  I know I'm maybe the only one facing this, but who knows, maybe you'll manage to fix it...

On a similar note, normal hobble dresses work fine but bondage mittens scripts also fail : I can equip them, they show on the character, all good but I'm still able to remove/put clothes/weapons on.  I can provide another chaotic log if you're interrested biggrin.png

EDIT : Don't know if it could be related, but a few months ago I tried the mod "Equipitem Fix" (it has been removed from nexus since).  When using this mod, I would have the same problem for EVERY devious device.  If I remember correctly, it replaced the calls to some "equipitem" function to its SKSE version, and was aimed to correctly apply item buffs/debuffs. 

Yes, the "Equipitem Fix" has been proven to be imcompatible with DD by a few users, as far as I can remember. It certainly broke everything in DD when I tried it in my game with very similar effects to what you're describing (though for all devices, I think). Is this still the same savegame that you're using in which you tried out the Equipitem mod? Maybe something got baked into the savegame after removing it.

Have you already tried starting a new game with the same load order to see if the issues persist? That way you could rule out a savegame issue as the error source.

If none of that is the culprit, I think finding the error source could get rather complicated. You could still check your left panel in MO if any of your mods overwrites DD's scripts or other files (though I don't know of any mods that do that), and load your entire load order in Tes5Edit and check if anything conflicts with DD (though, again, I'm not aware of any mods that may do that). If those steps fail to yield any results, I'm afraid you'll have to go through your mods one by one and consider their mechanics, and then try starting new games without mods that might possibly have conflicting mechanics (such as forcibly removing equipment or using the extra body part slots that DD uses).

Or maybe somebody else has a better idea about what could be going on here?

File zadLibs.psc
1) It is two functions
Function ActorOrgasm(actor akActor, int setArousalTo=-1, int vsID=-1)
and Function Orgasm(actor akActor)

Both of them has code

Aroused.SetActorExposure(...
    Aroused.UpdateActorOrgasmDate(...

But function Orgasm(actor akActor) do not SendModEvent("DeviceActorOrgasm"

Is it correct?

2) Little optimizations
Function DeflateVaginalPlug(
and Function DeflateAnalPlug(

currentVal -= amount
            if currentVal < 0
                currentVal = 0
            EndIf

To code

if currentVal <= amount
                currentVal = 0
            Else    
                currentVal -= amount
            EndIf

Function SpellCastVibrate(

if vibStrength > 5
            vibStrength = 5
        EndIf
        if vibStrength < 1
            vibStrength = 1
        EndIf

To code

if vibStrength > 5
            vibStrength = 5
        ElseIf vibStrength < 1
            vibStrength = 1
        EndIf

3) It is inconsistency in Function SpellCastVibrate(
Spell with cost = 450
vibStrength = 5
duration = 45

Spell with cost = 501
vibStrength = 2
duration = 50

if cost <= 1 && !isShout
            return
        EndIf
        int duration = (cost * 0.1) as Int
        int vibStrength = (cost / 50) as Int
        if isShout != none || cost > 500 ;akActor.GetActorValuePercentage("Magicka") ; This would
            Log("Spell is in fact a shout.")
            vibStrength = 2
            duration = 5
        EndIf

To code

int duration = (cost * 0.1) as Int
        int vibStrength = (cost / 50) as Int
        If isShout != none
            Log("Spell is in fact a shout.")
            vibStrength = 2
            duration = 5
        ElseIf cost > 500
            Log("Too powerful Spell.")
            vibStrength = 5
            duration = 5
        EndIf

snip

Yes, the "Equipitem Fix" has been proven to be imcompatible with DD by a few users, as far as I can remember. It certainly broke everything in DD when I tried it in my game with very similar effects to what you're describing (though for all devices, I think). Is this still the same savegame that you're using in which you tried out the Equipitem mod? Maybe something got baked into the savegame after removing it.

Have you already tried starting a new game with the same load order to see if the issues persist? That way you could rule out a savegame issue as the error source.

If none of that is the culprit, I think finding the error source could get rather complicated. You could still check your left panel in MO if any of your mods overwrites DD's scripts or other files (though I don't know of any mods that do that), and load your entire load order in Tes5Edit and check if anything conflicts with DD (though, again, I'm not aware of any mods that may do that). If those steps fail to yield any results, I'm afraid you'll have to go through your mods one by one and consider their mechanics, and then try starting new games without mods that might possibly have conflicting mechanics (such as forcibly removing equipment or using the extra body part slots that DD uses).

Or maybe somebody else has a better idea about what could be going on here?

That equipitem event was a few months ago, I'm not using it anymore (so not on this save).  The three DD mods have top priority so it's not an override issue either.  It happens on every save, though, so I could corner it down but it would take me a lot of time :/

"White Blindfold (Custom)" is bugged:

Put one on, then try to take it off and bugs out every time. This may not be apparent until you put on another blindfold item, at which point you get the message that you can't wear two blindfolds and the white custom blindfold will be reequipped. afaik, the only way to get rid of them is to load an old save.

They're bugged in the live version as well and have been bugged for as long as I can remember. I tend to forget about it because it's just the white custom one, and not any other variant.

On a minor note: I noticed that "Black Ebonite Custom Blindfold" doesn't follow the naming convention of all the other items, i.e., "Black Ebonite Blindfold (Custom)"

"White Blindfold (Custom)" is bugged:

Put one on, then try to take it off and bugs out every time. This may not be apparent until you put on another blindfold item, at which point you get the message that you can't wear two blindfolds and the white custom blindfold will be reequipped. afaik, the only way to get rid of them is to load an old save.

They're bugged in the live version as well and have been bugged for as long as I can remember. I tend to forget about it because it's just the white custom one, and not any other variant.

On a minor note: I noticed that "Black Ebonite Custom Blindfold" doesn't follow the naming convention of all the other items, i.e., "Black Ebonite Blindfold (Custom)"

Another work around for the "White Blindfold (Custom)" is to have it equipped and use the Deviously Cursed Loot "Safeword" option. Make sure it is equipped in the inventory screen. This could be useful if you don't have a saved game handy. Might need to add it to your inventory again with the console.

Anyhow glad to hear its not just me with that problem :). Fingers crossed for easy peezy fix.