Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

I came back from testing and I found my character became opaque when wearing the transparent zipsuit (catsuit) UUNP HDT. The new catsuit boots are now called gloves when taking them off which is silly. I noticed that the catsuit ballet boots sounded too normal so I checked TES5 Edit and noticed that none of the new boots in the Armor add-on have a footstep sound set up for it yet.

Couldn't reproduce transparent catsuit issue. Maybe try to rerun Bodyslide?

SCNR (on Darkpig's screenshot):

Mara: Approach, my child, and ch... What in the ass?!

Prisoner: I own a prop...

Mara: And here I thought I've seen it all. What kind of freakin mod is that?!

Prisoner: I own a property in one of th...

Mara: Screw this, I need a drink. Or a smoke. Better both, just to be sure. Ta-ta! (disappears)

Prisoner: ?!.. Help?

[Abandoned Prison Exterior, 9:17 AM]

(Remote scream): Somebody help me!!!

I came back from testing and I found my character became opaque when wearing the transparent zipsuit (catsuit) UUNP HDT. The new catsuit boots are now called gloves when taking them off which is silly. I noticed that the catsuit ballet boots sounded too normal so I checked TES5 Edit and noticed that none of the new boots in the Armor add-on have a footstep sound set up for it yet.

Mara: Screw this, I need a drink. Or a smoke. Better both, just to be sure. Ta-ta! (disappears)

Tried that. I even decided to Click preview on bodyslide and the regular zipsuit looks fine but the HDT zipsuit looks just like the one you see in the screenshot. Clearly the body texture didn't load or something. :lol: the story by the way.

Tried that. I even decided to Click preview on bodyslide and the regular zipsuit looks fine but the HDT zipsuit looks just like the one you see in the screenshot. Clearly the body texture didn't load or something. :lol: the story by the way.

Yep. See it now. Somehow the file \CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\DDRubberSuitsUUNP\ZipSuit\ZipSuitHDT.nif got corrupted.

EDIT: (typos) Likely ZipSuitHDT_.nif in that folder was meant to replace it.

Yep. See it now. Somehow the file \CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\DDRubberSuitsUUNP\ZipSuit\ZipSuitHDT.nif got corrupted.

EDIT: (typos) Likely ZipSuitHDT_.nif in that folder was meant to replace it.

Thank you for the detective work with the suit and boots!

The invention of that Ghost Armor happened purely by accident. :shy:

And I love that Mara dialogue! ^_^

Hello. I don't mean to be "that" guy, but I'm looking into doing another Skyrim play through, and obviously DD has to be included. My question is, is there a new DD / DCL release version somewhere on it's way, or am I better off just using whatever is currently available? I don't want to miss out on potential new features, but I know Skyrim doesn't like adding and removing mods mid-save. Thanks for any response.

I just have a quick question. How many items and animations have been added? What I have seen, it must be a huge amount. Specifically, the file size for the development version of expansions is more than 50% larger than before.

It's easily the largest ever update for DD. Which is funny, because the last release also was the largest ever DD update. :D

I still remember when it was supposed to be just a "3.4" content update.

...I don't remember when and why exactly we decided to skip all of 3.x and do another largest ever thing

When we decided to change literally -every- subsystem in DDI and added loads of new items and loads of new animations? :D

Oh yes that. I think it started with the words "you know since we're already changing this, we might as well..."

What's wrong with us?

I guess it was a clear case of changing one thing and stumbling over the next that also needed/warranted changing - like when you tried to add the elbowbinder and figured out that the wrist bondage implementation is weird complex, and wouldn't even let us add more types of wrist restraints without massive hardcoded workarounds. So we changed the entire thing.

The biggest catalyst for the mass feature review was probably our decision to shed ZAP dependency after the ZAPastrophe. And yeah, tbh, the new escape system alone would have warranted a new major version number. For THAT one we actually made a conscious decision to change it, even! :D

In ZadEquipScript (literally the most amazing script ever)

libs.zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show() and zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show() is never excuted.

I edited to that on line 172

{line 163}          If !DisableLockManipulation && !deviceInventory.HasKeyword(libs.zad_QuestItem) && !deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_QuestItem) && !deviceInventory.HasKeyword(libs.zad_BlockGeneric) && !deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_BlockGeneric) 
				Int Choice = 0
				If zad_DD_OnPutOnDevice
					Choice = zad_DD_OnPutOnDevice.Show()
				Else
					Choice = libs.zad_DD_OnPutOnDevice.Show()
				EndIf
				If Choice == 1
					isLockManipulated = True
{line 172}			Else
					If zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG
						zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show()
					Else
						libs.zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show()	
					EndIf
				EndIf 

This is so that if the user puts DD on willing (not played with lock) it will play libs.zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show() and zad_DD_OnEquipDeviceMSG.Show()

Edit: I signed up for github and post a solution that's a little more neat. (if it is a bug, I could be confused I'm new at this)

Edit2: Deleted/Deleting my github patch it was worse than above because I put it in a place where it activate even if someone else equipped it (above works but it feels better when the message appear when you see the device on the character which above does not do)

Edit 3: I do have a question, I'm making a mod atm (first real one). I'd like to use devices/features from the beta. Is that ok? or should I stay with old DD stuff.

suggestion on the "Examine Device" while restrained: what you think about an immersive MCM option for PC wearing blindfolds, so you don't actually know if the locks/materials (besides being an expert at bondage/getting restrained) are hard/easy to exploit just by glancing at them?

btw, loving the new direction DD-Integration is going :)

suggestion on the "Examine Device" while restrained: what you think about an immersive MCM option for PC wearing blindfolds, so you don't actually know if the locks/materials (besides being an expert at bondage/getting restrained) are hard/easy to exploit just by glancing at them?

I love the idea, reminds me of Aelie's escape games :3

My apologies if it has been asked before, I read the first post but found no answer, will a clean save be required for those new versions ?

Due to the huge amount of changes, I'm pretty sure it will be, if not required, strongly recommended.

I love the idea, reminds me of Aelie's escape games :3

ohhh, i loved those! :D

My apologies if it has been asked before, I read the first post but found no answer, will a clean save be required for those new versions ?

It absolutely will. We changed about every single subsystem in DD and I can't see stuff NOT breaking in existing games.

There a changelist for the beta somewhere?

Going to start adding feature suggestions:

1. When blindfolded replace NPC names with ? until you try speaking to them (associating possibly known voice with a name).

2. Why are keywords only associated with the hidden armor? This makes keyword based behavior inconsistent with the unlocked items.

Hi love the direction this is heading. and the new items are awesome,. couple of suggestions for features

1. possible to have the legbinder as its own separate restraint? maybe linked to a corset or a harness instead or completely on its own. love to use that with the elbow binder!

2. A armbinder harness, where the armbinder/elbow binder is now linked fully into the harness making it require more keys and much harder to struggle out of

3. if guys are willing dunno if you already have it planned, but some reverse prayer restraints would be great to see

4. finally speaking of Aelie games, in the most recent one they had dresses that completely cover the arms. that would be awesome to see.

cheers guys for reading i know its a lot, just wish i had the time to learn to mod. either way keep up the great work and sorry if any of this has been mentioned before

Armbinders from DDX (red ebonite armbinder, red armbinder,white armbinder, white ebonite armbinder) does not bind arms of my PC (i mean animation).

"Black armbinder" and "High security armbinder" works fine.

Armbinders from ddx dont have keyword "zad_deviousHeavyBondage".

Is this intended ?

New development builds of DDi and DDx available!

• Fixed bound AA turning animations
  • Added new struggle animations to all wrist restraints, replacing the old ZAP struggles
  • Changed the struggle sequence: reduced the number of animations played from 2 to 1 and increased the overall length from 10 to 30 seconds
  • Fixed DDx armbinders missing the HeavyBondage keyword
  • Added a more specific equip message to Prisoner Chains
  • Removed the prototype tag from BBYoke

Feedback we are looking for: since the duration of struggling has been increased across the board, the chances of successful escape will need to be adjusted. Currently it's still using the old values. Anyone who complains about struggles "taking too long and being too hard" is going to receive the Captain Obvious Award of 2017 and will never be taken seriously again <3

girl-angry-lop.gif

If you'd like to help, please tell us roughly (on average) how many struggle attempts you feel it should take to escape each of the following:

• Armbinder
  • Handcuffs (front)
  • Elbowbinder
  • Yoke
  • Breast Yoke
  • Prisoner Chains
  • Straightjacket

Updated Princess to-dos:

• Gather feedback on the new struggle animation length vs escape difficulty
  • Rework gag dialogue (conceptualisation finished, ready for implementation)
  • Standardise AA application methods across hobble dresses and wrist restraints
  • Clean up instances of redundancy and overcomplicated interactions between the wrist restraints mechanics and the AA system (optional, optimisation and polishing phase)

New development builds of DDi and DDx available!

Neato :)

girl-angry-lop.gif

*Dangles out a harnass gag* no more biting for you lady :D

If you'd like to help, please tell us roughly (on average) how many struggle attempts you feel it should take to escape each of the following:

Do you want to know with and without available lockpick on heavy restraints? Or is that not (yet) implemented as a 'bonus' while struggling?

Do you want to know with and without available lockpick on heavy restraints? Or is that not (yet) implemented as a 'bonus' while struggling?

I'm not sure if it is... was it supposed to be? Anyways, for now without. This estimate is meant to be balanced around the default difficulty and assumes no modifiers (harmful or helpful) are in play.

• Added new struggle animations to all wrist restraints, replacing the old ZAP struggles

All the yokes I tried (heavy, steel, high security) used the old animations, not sure if that was intended. Boob yoke worked fine though with the new animation.

New animations look really good anyway. Rest of the wrist restraints worked with new animations.