Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1. Taking off the elbow binder seems to leave my girl with her arms permanently welded behind her back.

This is actually something I'm investigating right now. What method do you use to take it off? And does the same issue occur with other arms restraints? (yokes, normal armbinders?)

1. Taking off the elbow binder seems to leave my girl with her arms permanently welded behind her back.

This is actually something I'm investigating right now. What method do you use to take it off? And does the same issue occur with other arms restraints? (yokes, normal armbinders?)

It was a few days ago - I used either DCL's free me command, or the equivalent from DD Equip.   I did at the time try a yoke afterwards, and the animation reset as expected.

I will try to reproduce right now and give you a better sequence of how I broke it.

Only had that issue come up with the elbow binder.

Put it on the black elbowbinder from DDx by using additemmenu to add it to my inventory and clicking it.  The item went on fine with the arms positioned correctly.

Used DCR free me option, and device removed but arms did not reset.  I waited about a minute.  Interacting with furniture that poses arms would run the furniture animation fine, but when leaving the furniture her arms would go back to elbowbinder pose.

Tried putting on a normal armbinder, and arms stayed in elbowbinder position (I could see elbows poking through armbinder).  Took it off and no change.

Tried putting on yoke, and arms were then reset to the correct position, through the wrist holes in the yoke.

It's the straightjackets specifically that lack pictures for the non-black variants in the inventory - I'm guessing you guys just haven't gotten around to them yet since they're new :-)

Hmmm... I've heard reports (and was able to reproduce it) that asking NPCs for help would also result in the arms not going back to the correct position. Could you test that too? Also, what happens when you successfully escape the device using the inventory escape options?

Hmmm... I've heard reports (and was able to reproduce it) that asking NPCs for help would also result in the arms not going back to the correct position. Could you test that too? Also, what happens when you successfully escape the device using the inventory escape options?

Yes, using the "I've been locked in restraints, could you help me" dialog successfully gives the same issue.

And one other one - having a gag equipped and standing still, while in first person, causes the gag to appear in my vision.  I don't remember this being the case on the non-dev version.

Yes, using the "I've been locked in restraints, could you help me" dialog successfully gives the same issue.

And one other one - having a gag equipped and standing still, while in first person, causes the gag to appear in my vision.  I don't remember this being the case on the non-dev version.

Actually it does, at least in my game, but i'm not sure if it's a DDi thing or if it comes from a first person mod. Disappeared for me when i moved, though, imho nothing to worry about anyways.

Users can now pick a modifier to influence device difficullty for allgeneric devices and custom/quest devices if their creator enabled thisfeature for them.The modifer (max of +/- 75% on the values set by the device) affects:

items/methods that are set to 'impossible' should remain impossible with this, regardless of difficulty, right?

Users can now pick a modifier to influence device difficullty for allgeneric devices and custom/quest devices if their creator enabled thisfeature for them.The modifer (max of +/- 75% on the values set by the device) affects:

items/methods that are set to 'impossible' should remain impossible with this, regardless of difficulty, right?

Yes.

not to dredge up more controversy, but i do see a use case for more nuanced difficulty controls -- or at least a cooldown slider

i sometimes enjoy repeated failed struggling to escape, trying every single option but still nothing works... before she finally gets tired and wanders off deflated. 

i suppose i see the whole game as something more of a sandbox to create the scenes i want and less as a challenge to be overcome -- in this respect having a slider for each would be very beneficial (maybe this becomes a special 'sandbox mode' that exists along side 'game mode'?)

- Escape Chances- Cooldowns- Lockshield timer- Key break chance- Jam lock chance- Repair chance

Hi there, I started playing around with the beta version. First problem I encountered is that I cannot equip plugs. I tried a lot of them (not all though), anal and vaginal. When I want to equip one, I get a popup where I can choose to remove them, instead of equipping them.

EDIT: Mods like DCL can equip plugs on me without problems, I just can't do it myself.

I don't know if that qualifies me to request something, but would it be possible to put a chest somewhere (e.g. qasmoke), which contains all the items of dda,ddi,ddx? Would make testing much easier.

I don't know if that qualifies me to request something, but would it be possible to put a chest somewhere (e.g. qasmoke), which contains all the items of dda,ddi,ddx? Would make testing much easier.

you can use the additemmenu mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64905/? 2 clicks and it will stuff your inventory with every item of the specific esp

Wow, great, I should check out normal mods more often. With this I checked all plugs. I have the same problem with all of them, a menu with options "take them out" and "carry on" when I try to equip them. The only exceptions are lockable plug, where I just get the option "carry on".

Oksies this is a very weird issue and I'm not sure which stage of unequip is broken so I'm going to need you to do a very specific test for me.

1. Download the latest build
  2. Make sure your papyrus logging is enabled
  3. Equip an armbinder from inventory
  4. Unequip it from inventory using the escape menu
  5. Equip it from inventory again
  6. Use an NPC to free you
  7. Equip it from inventory again
  8. Use DCL's free me function
  9. Exit the game and post your papyrus log here (as an attachment)

Have you guys thought of adding some kind of devious earmuffs or magical earplugs?

Sounds silly I know but I'm thinking wearing them would mute all game sounds. they could prevent you from hearing npcs (Maybe stop subtitles for things like fuz ro doh so the npc is 'silent') so you don't know if their offering to help you or rob you etc.

Imagine been bound and blindfolded and having to traverse skyrim without sight or sound. Getting attacked out of nowhere because you couldn't hear that wolf growl or that bandit yell at you. Then finally getting to a town and with the gag in your mouth trying to ask for help when you can't hear someone respond and they can't understand you.

Just thought it would add another layer of helplessness and also work with the sensory aspect of bondage.

Oksies this is a very weird issue and I'm not sure which stage of unequip is broken so I'm going to need you to do a very specific test for me.

Done, mostly.

When I attempted to escape by clicking the equipped item from my inventory, it just showed me a message about the elbowbinder being very secure, and optionally equipped with padlocks.  There was no option to escape.  So I skipped that step and used first an NPC, then requipped and used the Free Me option from DCL.  The log should be pretty clean because I get all setup, then wiped the log and loaded the game.

https://pastebin.com/S49FdAfT

I noticed that the ring my character had equipped remained visible even when her hands were invisible, and it showed up outside the elbowbinder model.

post-1427224-0-81816300-1499652433_thumb.jpg

Done, mostly.

When I attempted to escape by clicking the equipped item from my inventory, it just showed me a message about the elbowbinder being very secure, and optionally equipped with padlocks.  There was no option to escape.  So I skipped that step and used first an NPC, then requipped and used the Free Me option from DCL.  The log should be pretty clean because I get all setup, then wiped the log and loaded the game.

https://pastebin.com/S49FdAfT

I noticed that the ring my character had equipped remained visible even when her hands were invisible, and it showed up outside the elbowbinder model.

No... no no no, I need that step, it's the control group ^^

Could you try a different device and go through all the steps this time? A standard armbinder will do.

I had a go at it too, Not sure what to make of the results though. This is what I've observed in my game (most recent DDi/x dev build and all dependencies, Cursed Loot 6.1, vanilla and EFF followers). I tested with the standard black armbinder from DDi, it was the only item in my char's inventory:

1) The equip dialog for the armbinder seems to have vanished. I click on it in the inventory and it equips right away, the three buttons (put on, manimulate locks, put away) are gone. Does that work as intended or is it a bug?

2) Unequipping through struggling works fine and ends the bound wrists animation set correctly.

3) Unequipping by follower (Cursed Loot) did nothing, not even remove the armbinder model.

4) Unequipping through Cursed Loot's safeword removed the armbinder model, but kept the animation spell locked on. However, it seems to be limited to the animation set, not other DD functionality. Cursed Loot reported "you're free from your bonds" and I could equip weapons again (which temporarily stopped the bound animation until I unequpped the weapon).

I'm attaching an annotated log. It's still quite long, particulary because it took me numerous struggles to escape the armbinder in the first experiment. The tasty bits are below line 500.

Papyrus_DD-Armbinders.log

Some other things I've noticed about the armbinder, but not related to the current issue I was testing:

- Are the MCM settings related to the armbinder (minimum struggles, struggle escape chance) leftovers from the old escape system? They seem to get overridden by the device's own settings. I had set it to 0 minimum and 100 chance and still had to struggle a dozen times.

- The "you're too tired to struggle" message pops up after the struggle animation has played for a second time after the first unsuccessful struggle, I think it may make more sense if it prevented the second animation from playing at all. (Seeing that it states "your're too tired to struggle")

Consistent with my local tests, I think I see the problem. For some reason, when a device is unequipped via our library-level removal code, the enchantment finish event is not triggered. This eliminates a couple of potential culprits.

Thank you <3 I think I'm finally on the right track.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug on the new builds. I'm working on a set of 4 custom items (gloves, catsuit, heels/socks and a mask).

When I put on the mask and suit no message appears. And when clicking it again one of the options is 'put on' as it was not detected.

One of the checks for the 'put on' is a keyword, namely zad_deviousuit in this case, are added to the items 'rendered' item in CK so that should be working.

I'm using the 'zadequipscript' as it's a custom item.

For the socks I used the ZadSlaveBootsScript and that does work like intended with the popup and proper dialogue box responses.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug on the new builds. I'm working on a set of 4 custom items (gloves, catsuit, heels/socks and a mask).

When I put on the mask and suit no message appears. And when clicking it again one of the options is 'put on' as it was not detected.

Make sure you are using the newest dev build. I fixed that bug yesterday or so. :D

A message should now appear for -every- item you equip from inventory.