Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

38 minutes ago, Kimy said:

So you want the MCM slider to go all the way down to zero in Leeches mode?

I can do that!

Hey all,

talking about blindfolds...

Since I've started using an ENB, DD's blindfold effect is much to weak for me, even set at max. If I remember correctly, it has to do with not using the original post processing. I've tried switching that back on, but I don't really like the result and I've gone back to using the ENB's post processing. Is there any way for you to tweak DD to get a "stronger" DD effect, so that us ENB lovers out there can adjust it to get a better result?

thx for the help

I'm with Diziet. I'd like the option to boost the strength of the blindfold effect when using an ENB.

I particularly like the Dark Fog mode; keeping everything near you perfectly visible but making everything far away completely black seems not only like a great compromise for gameplay (you get to see your character just fine, but you can't navigate nearly as well), but it also feels believable (since you might get a rough sense of your immediate surroundings with your sense of touch and hearing).

Unfortunately it doesn't go fully black with an ENB installed, so yes, an option to force it to be even darker would be great, if it is at all possible.

I don't suppose, by the way, it is possible to make the effect not dependant on the camera zoom level? Right now, whether you see just arm's length around you, or literally 10 meters in each direction, depends on how you choose to zoom the camera. I don't know how this stuff works, but if you could somehow make it always be arm's length around you, independent of the camera, that would IMHO improve the effect greatly. But then again, you might not have that much control about how Skyrim renders...

So you want the MCM slider to go all the way down to zero in Leeches mode?

I can do that!

Funny.  Making the slider go to zero is the first thing I do in every new version of DDi...   Sometimes you just want to see what is going on clearly (what is the point all these beautiful bindings and animations if you can't see them well?).

You keep asking me that question and for some reason you seem to think that if you're just asking it often enough, my answer will be different one day. It won't. I said from the get-go, I won't include features in DD that rely on BETA versions of one of its dependencies. A quick check should have told you that SexLab 1.63 is -still- in beta. And not only that, but said beta isn't even available for LE/Oldrim. I know how ignorant you are, but still...really?

Sorry, sorry, sorry...

I am really ignorant, that is why I was asking (the last time I even checked my messages was nearly two months ago(world cup + traveling)).  I was just wondering if anyone had a vague idea when the next version of sexlab was coming out (2 months, 4 months, 6 months, a year? two years?).  If no one knows, that is fine.

I am tired of you, Cedec, and I will have no more of your rubbish. Take your hostile bash postings and stuff them in a really dark place. I won't read them anymore, because you will go on my ignore list now. I should have done that a year ago, really.

I am tired of it too.  You'll have to forgive that post on the flexible armbinder though.  I felt I owed myself one post complaining about it.  Unlike the sex system (which hopefully will be used one day when the sexlab comes out), the work I did on the flexible armbinder was a complete waste of time.  Writing about it once was cathartic and I no plans to do so again.

It really isn't your fault that I wasted that time by the way.  The way things get added to DDi changed (which is completely your right to do when you took over).  It is my fault for jumping into a project without realizing this or understanding how things now worked.  I am not happy I wasted that time, but this is something I absolutely don't blame you for or am mad at you about.  You are 100% not at fault for this.

Also, don't worry about more rubbish from me.  I will check this thread one last time tomorrow or after tomorrow, then I will be gone for another 2-3 months (unless someone has some news of an imminent sexlab release). 

Finally, great job on the new additions to DDi.  Pet suit, larger ball gags, and Transparent devices are great ideas.  The new Rope restraints sound interesting.  Also, it is great to see Event animations getting added back in.   (This is from reading the change log.  I will try the newest version DDi when the next sexlab comes out)

So, unless there is anything else, goodbye for a while.

22 hours ago, Diziet said:

Hey all,

talking about blindfolds...

Since I've started using an ENB, DD's blindfold effect is much to weak for me, even set at max. If I remember correctly, it has to do with not using the original post processing. I've tried switching that back on, but I don't really like the result and I've gone back to using the ENB's post processing. Is there any way for you to tweak DD to get a "stronger" DD effect, so that us ENB lovers out there can adjust it to get a better result?

thx for the help

There is a older post about the same issue, but I can't find it right now. The answer described in it work for me, so maybe it'll help you to:

Change 'UseOriginalPostProcessing' to 'true' in your 'enbseries.ini' file.

This could break some graphical ENBs, but if you're only using ENBoost (which I do) there are no noticeable differences.

I hope this helps

55 minutes ago, Kirre1000 said:

There is a older post about the same issue, but I can't find it right now. The answer described in it work for me, so maybe it'll help you to:

Change 'UseOriginalPostProcessing' to 'true' in your 'enbseries.ini' file.

This could break some graphical ENBs, but if you're only using ENBoost (which I do) there are no noticeable differences.

I hope this helps

I know, but i don't like the way the original post processing looks compared to the ENB's, that's exactly my dilemma. That's why I was asking if it would be possible to boost the original DD blindfold effect beyond the max limit it currently has, in the hope it will compensate for the ENB settings.

I was wondering if the 'self locker' belt/lock from 'Devious Keyholders' (old mod) could be something that would fit in the framework?

Basically it gives you a custom belt which allows you to set a certain time it will lock (x days, x hours and x mins) and a 4th wheel to set a punishing mode.

Something random could also be implemented so the wheels are set to the max amount so the day wheel on 5 could mean 0 to 5 days if random mode is selected.

The modes for the wheel in the mod are as follows (but can of course be changed)

0. Disabled.

1. Zap on removal attempt.
2. Add 1-4 hours on removal attempt.
3. Zap and add 1-4 hours on removal attempt.
4. Add 4-24 hours on removal attempt.
5. Zap and add 4-24 hours on removal attempt.
6. Add 1-2 days on removal attempt.
7. Zap and add 1-2 days on removal attempt.
8. Add 2-7 days on removal attempt.
9. Zap and add 2-7 days on removal attempt.

3 hours ago, Kanasaya said:

I do not know if there is a specific forum for this, so I am going to ask here. Can anyone provide an exact load order for everything I need, because no matter what I do, there's always something wrong. If there is a specific forum for this, can someone inform me?

There is no 100% complete load order master list. Such a project is flat-out impossible. There's only lists that sort "almost all of it", such as that of LOOT.

If LOOT isn't able to sort your stuff, you'll need to manually suss out where your incompatibility is.

Can we have a feature like in ZAP Framework for DD, that makes the PC moan all the time when gagged? In ZAP you can even set the type of moans, the frequency etc. of the sounds that play when gagged. 
I noticed ZAP no longer works with DD gags, but I love that feature since it makes the PC more alive. 
Would it be possible to have something like that for DD?

Like in the "Sounds" MCM Menue there could be:

- Play Sound while restraint in (list of device types) 

- choose sound type (Frustrated, Eager, Heavy Breathing, Frustrated (Gagged), Frustrated (Muffled) etc.)
- Frequency

- Volume

- stop while in Sexlab Sex Scene

Would totally love that... 

21 minutes ago, blacksheep12 said:

Hi DD Team,
I found something (tho it is for fallout), maybe just maybe, is it possible to add it to 4.2? :)   https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30595?tab=description
In any case, can't wait for the new update, thanks for the awesome content!
Any info regarding the relese date of the new ver? (probably 425 users already asked this, 2 lazy to check back 30 pages  :S )

There should be some all-new and modular catsuits coming to the DD Framework soon. Check the spoiler in this post. Thanks to Supertin these new suits were specifically made with various devices in mind, to avoid clipping and what not.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:59 AM, donkeywho said:

You want this, and I think Kimy said something about building in the functionality in a future release

SxLab GagSFX 1.04

This is not what I mean, I already use GagSFX for a long time.

It is about "moaning" outside of Sex Scenes when gagged (or wearing devices for that matter).

For example with a heavy bondage the wearer keeps struggling but remains completly silent.

And when wearing a gag outside of a sexlab sex scene characters also stay silent. 
That is just sad since it takes away the life somehow.

Anybody maybe knows a mod for Devious Devices that adds someting like "moaning" when wearing DDs? 

I just want to say, on the blindfold, while using an ENB ... the blindfold works excellently in "DD mode", even though it is not enabled by default.

I have MO profiles with Caffeine and Antique Dragon, and find it is great with both.

I turn the strength right up to max. I strongly recommend this. It reveals just how good the effect is, and it doesn't ruin gameplay at all, in fact, it improves it.

While "extra options" people are asking for are nice, please don't remove what is there.

Incidentally, to get DD mode working with Immersive First Person, I use an IFP configuration where I can hotkey IFP or standard Skyrim FPV.

This means that I can use IFP most of the time, and then, if I'm in a blindfold, I can use DD mode, still get crystal clear third-person sex scenes, and pop into Skyrim FPV when I want to move about.

I really love the way it gets darker as you look up, so you can look at the floor and see some stuff, but if you look straight ahead, you are practically blind.

It looks great!

I'm reposting this here, because nobody even said "Your suggestion is rubbish, we're going to do it ... X ... way."

I want to get some clarity on where keywords are heading, as it is relevant to what I'm doing. I really can't wait to be rid of Zaz myself.

Here's something I originally posted on the DCL forum, (as part of something else). I think it's more relevant to bring it up here.

Are we going to see a new DD with built-in factions to drive dialog and other mod functionality?

It doesn't need to DO anything much with them, it just needs to have them available, seeing as its an ESM that most devious modders can rely is present.

Personally, I'd love to see a replacement for all those badly designed ZBF factions that lacked any coherent documentation, and that nobody uses (except maybe SD+?).

What factions would we want if they are being added?

My personal motivation is for dialog conditions to be able to trivially recognise the player state, and past events, and respond to those. This is a basic of RPG design - the game must remember the player's actions (good or bad, win or lose) and commemorate them - if we are to create an illusion of consequence.

However, they can be used for much more than dialog, particularly the obvious ones like "Slave" or "Submissive."

Isn't it better to provide a rich framework, with something as cheap as factions, because once a mod is written without them, it's less likely they'll be added later, and if they aren't there to start with, they can't be added, or will be duplicated. Same argument as keywords really.

I came up with the following suggestions as a starting point:

• Dominant - dominant actors go in this faction (they enjoy domination, doesn't mean they are doing it)
  • Submissive - submissive actors go in this faction (they enjoy submission, doesn't mean they are slaves)
  • BondageLover - actors who like to be in bondage go in this faction
  • BondageMaster - actors who like to put others in bondage go in this faction
  • Reluctant - actors who say no, and deny they like things that they like (see other factions), but will cooperate if pressed
  • Slave - actors who are slaves go in this faction
  • Master - actors who are slave-masters go in this faction
  • Slaver - actors who like to buy slaves go in this faction
  • TopSlave - actors who are slaves who like to or are expected to, boss other slaves about go in this faction (this is mainly a job, not a disposition) - use this for slaves that are required to discipline other slaves
  • Broken - actors who have negligable willpower and will do whatever a dominant type tells them.
  • SexAddict - actors who cannot resist sex
  • SkoomaAddict - actors who have acquired an addiction to skooma, specifically
  • LactacidAddict - actors addicted to lactacid, specifically, and considered distinct from skooma
  • RubberFan - actors who like rubber, to wear, or to put others in - see their other factions for how they exhibit this
  • LeatherFan - actors who like leather, to wear or to put others in
  • ChainFan - actors who like chains, etc.
  • PonyFan - actors who like pony action (costumes and carts, but not necessarily sex with horses)
  • BeastSexFan - actors who like sex with dogs, horses, and other domestic beasts
  • MonsterSexFan - actors who like sex with nasty things, like chaurus, spiders, trolls, draugr, etc. (maybe this needs to be finer grained?)
  • VampireFan - actors who are hot for vampires, and probably want to be one - may in fact already be one and get off on the fact
  • WerewolfFan - see above, but for werewolves - the Companions, basically
  • MilkFan - actors who like boobs and milking - see their other factions for their role in this
  • MilkMaid - actor who produces lots of milk, whether they like it or not (see above for whether maid is willing)

The above are suitable for PC, general NPCs and followers. They are intended to drive dialog options, immersion text, comments, and perhaps quest choices.

They provide a simple all-or-nothing approach that you can easily test in Conditions, unlike the vague floating scales in CD, or the fast-moving DF willpower.

It's quite a few factions as a baseline, but anyone who doesn't care about them can simply ignore them - after all, they're just factions.

However, simply by putting PC or actors in these factions, mods can cross-communicate all kinds of info with zero-dependencies on anything except DD, and in a way that is really trivial to test in dialog conditions.

ZBF clearly intended to do this, but the factions it provides are ill-documented, poorly defined, and narrowly focused on simplistic master-slave relationships rather than the fluid come-and-go of many PC-NPC interactions. To be fair, ZBF was really only ever designed to suit the needs of one developer...

Some additional, more implementation specific factions might be:

• Caged
  • InFurniture
  • VisiblyBound
  • VisiblyChaste
  • -- Yes, I know there are other ways to detect a gag in dialog --
  • SpeechImpaired - gagged and speech is still sometimes possible (gag talk)
  • SpeechBlocked - gagged and speech is stopped entirely
  • OralBlocked - gagged and oral sex is stopped entirely (often set in combination with above)
  • FoodBlocked - gagged and cannot eat
  • DrinkBlocked - gagged and cannot drink
  • VisiblyFrustrated - actor is sexually frustrated to the point any observer can see it
  • Starving - food level critical - avoids having to know how a specific mod tracks hunger
  • Thirsty - fluid level critical - as above
  • Whipped - actor has been recently beaten, showing visible wounds, same purpose as above
  • SkoomaWithdrawal
  • LactacidWithdrawal
  • PublicSlut-<hold> - join this if the actor has been seen publically slutting around in the named hold
  • PublicWhore-<hold> - join this if actor has been seen whoring in the named hold
  • PublicRaped-<hold> - join this if actor has been seen being raped in the named hold
  • PublicBeastiality-<hold> - join this if the actor has been seen having sex with dogs, horses, goats, chickens, etc, in the named hold
  • PublicSlave-<hold> - join this if the actor has EVER been publically known to be enslaved (not just collared) in the hold
  • LegalSlave-<hold> - join this if the actor is legally considered a slave in the named hold
  • MilkSlave - actor subjugated to the level of a human cow, who acts, and is treated, like an animal
  • MilkBound - really wants to be milked somehow
  • GiantBoobs - has boobs of remarkably large size
  • SkoomaRavaged - actors has used far too much skooma for far too long, and visibly shows it
  • Ransomworthy - actors that are considered valuable booty, and can be ransomed back to relatives, the Jarl, the PC, etc. Such prisoners might not be abused, but would be kept securely (see captured princess for an example), and dialog can easily be adjusted to acknowledge this.

Some of these could/should actually bet set by DD (VisiblyBound, VisiblyChaste, SpeechImpaired), but the rest would be there in the hope that other mods would pick up on them.

It's pretty obvious how these could be used in general dialog conditions, by any mod, for amusing effect. A few simple factions like this can let any mod be surprisingly bondage aware, and do away with the current nonsensical dialogs we so often see now, in mods as varied as Sexist Guards, PoP, DCL, DF, etc.

Also, obviates the need for an over-complicated, somewhat unusable system like Sexual Fame, which does not deliver coding bang-for-buck. And if there was a sexual fame mod that simply helped update the factions, all the better, but I think the idea is that any mod that definitively knows a state can set you into (or out of) it.

e.g.  if DCL runs a public rape on you in Markarth, it knows for sure that you should be in PublicRaped-Reach, so it could/should add you.

You would never leave that faction. Once seen, it can't be unseen, and NPCs can remember and comment on it forever.

Some of these things can already be tracked through effects, but then they become mod specific, rather than something a shared resource might provide.

And yes, DD has a way to check if the PC is gagged, but it's fiddly to use in dialogs compared to a faction test.

By providing a simple UI, the player could set the "fan" factions on the PC, or possibly NPCs too. This would give a simple, discrete and easy to use version of the bondage preferences system that CD has - which never really seemed to do much. Never have an arbitrary integer where a boolean will suffice!

The various gagged flags above are tentative, in that it's not what people use at the moment, but it would be much simpler for developers, and splits by design, the different functions of the gag right from the start, so is cleaner. This puts some extra load on DD to update the factions when gags come on and off, but that's hardly a great burden - and can probably be done with a a small change to the generic gag script.

LegalSlave is a concept I'm really interested in right now.

It distinguishes neatly between a free person who got tied up by villains vs actors that are known to be slaves by the local populace, and are not allowed to wander freely without their master (or suitable restraints that prevent them running off and mark them a slave), they will be picked up by the guards and returned to their rightful owner, or sold off by the Jarl. The idea of facial tattoos or scarring might work for this. Very medieval. I'm building functionality around this, though I may never release it. I can imagine that DF, or LAL, etc, could easily incorporate it.

Due to the lack of DD furniture appearing, or any word about it beyond some vague suggestions that it's even a project, I'm looking at adding my own devices.

I believe one way forward, for some features, is to use a DD device, not furniture at all.

I want to replace the "chains to ceiling" effect in Simple Slavery, and as this can be made as an armor item with chains that go up a "long way", it can be implemented as a DD device.

A little custom script that allows the player to struggle, with no outcome other than "your struggles are useless" and that's it.

And of course, it has to lock player controls.

The obvious alternative, is a "sit in" furniture, which will nail the player down rock-solid, but there are many draw backs, and again, you must disable player controls in such cases, or they can just keep getting out of the furniture.

Zaz has plenty of suitable furnitures in it already. In this case there's no need for get-in, get-out animation, and the whole point is that I don't want to depend on Zaz.

Is there any idea what sort of approaches are going to be used in DD-furniture, if it's even a real thing? Is it going to be entirely about sit-in furniture? Or will there be other kinds of equipment?

What will be the primary "lock down" mechanic? Is it going to be "disable player controls"?

I guess there is no practical alternative to that, unless the aim is to allow a class of devices something like a "tether", where the player can move in a limited radius but not beyond. But this is not an unreasonable possibility given the general nature of chains :)

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

However, simply by putting PC or actors in these factions, mods can cross-communicate all kinds of info with zero-dependencies on anything except DD, and in a way that is really trivial to test in dialog conditions.

This makes sense and as a mod developer I agree: factions are by far the easiest way to check for conditions in other mods. In additions, factions would still be a relatively easy way to interact with other mods even while having DD itself as a soft dependency.