So the intent behind this edit is probably obvious.

SleepwearOutfitStudio.png.615a20a639779bd91c999a00547d26b0.png

First made the edit to the hem of the shirt, and it seemed fine. Of course then I see the outfit in-game, and I find that the body has a masked and deleted bit for what would be both under the shirt and panties, but not visible, even with the panties zapped. In-game shot(Futa/Trans character).

Spoiler

SleepWearEdit.png.58a665bd1adbb83e3ccd5055cbfbe9c4.png

So then I imported the default UUNP special mesh to replace it, and the result in Bodyslide itself...

SleepwearBodyslide.png.62cf7e0e2a07f0bbde3186da13c8e1e9.png

Edited by Kuroyami
  • 3 weeks later...

Building BHUNP outfits is rather slow. I'll have to be a lot more efficient than Build All 1500 outfits, but it's a lot slower compared to 3BA. When I check task manager bodyslide often drops down to 20-30% cpu usage from the 90% (or whatever it takes to max my cpu usage) it would use while building 3BA. Is there a solution to this other than not building 1500 outfits at once?

On 8/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, fp205022 said:

When I check task manager bodyslide often drops down to 20-30% cpu usage from the 90% (or whatever it takes to max my cpu usage) it would use while building 3BA. Is there a solution to this other than not building 1500 outfits at once?

Look at Task Manager or Process Lasso, or comparable tools - and enable the disk i/o column. Bodyslide seem to generate very heavy i/o load, so if you cpu is idle it's probably that your storage device cannot keep up. That's certainly true for my setup, I'm using an old laptop hdd - and it takes hours to run through 2500+ bodyslides for a full build.

1 hour ago, BillyG said:

Look at Task Manager or Process Lasso, or comparable tools - and enable the disk i/o column. Bodyslide seem to generate very heavy i/o load, so if you cpu is idle it's probably that your storage device cannot keep up. That's certainly true for my setup, I'm using an old laptop hdd - and it takes hours to run through 2500+ bodyslides for a full build.

i am afraid not. when it goes quickly it will use a decent amount of cpu but i'm on a gen 3 qlc nvme drive so it's reasonably fast. faster than a sata ssd.

it's especially bad with predatorrj's and just 150 individual bodyslides can take 3 minutes. i'm on an 8700k where i was able to do 2000 (mostly 3ba) bodyslides in just a few minutes. if nothing else, the solution would just be to use bodyslide intelligently. however i would like to be lazy, and at the end of the day this process is still way slower per outfit than it used to be. if there is another option, which is unlikely, i'd like to discover it 

1.png.a7c45f51aa31ae1962ac0c4f4332b2d4.png

3 hours ago, fp205022 said:

i am afraid not. when it goes quickly it will use a decent amount of cpu but i'm on a gen 3 qlc nvme drive so it's reasonably fast.

I'm no expert, but I faintly remember that esp. ssd have problems with a lot of small files and/or prolonged, heavy i/o workloads - the buffer for the (cheap) qlc overrruns, and/or the ssd overheats - resulting in a bottleneck. The screenshot from taskmanager might just indicate that BS wants to write a lot of data, but the ssd doesn't allow it.

Or is the low disk i/o starting from the very beginning of the BS batch build? If so, I'm out of ideas, and maybe BS simply isn't optimized enough. Well, I know my BS builds take a looong time, so I can do something else during that time.

Edited by BillyG
18 hours ago, BillyG said:

I'm no expert, but I faintly remember that esp. ssd have problems with a lot of small files and/or prolonged, heavy i/o workloads - the buffer for the (cheap) qlc overrruns, and/or the ssd overheats - resulting in a bottleneck. The screenshot from taskmanager might just indicate that BS wants to write a lot of data, but the ssd doesn't allow it.

Or is the low disk i/o starting from the very beginning of the BS batch build? If so, I'm out of ideas, and maybe BS simply isn't optimized enough. Well, I know my BS builds take a looong time, so I can do something else during that time.

I doubt any ssd from the cheapest chink shit to the most expensive samsung ssd will bottleneck a bodyslide run. SSDs smash lot of small file and prolonged, heavy i/o workloads. Heavy i/o workloads will slow down if the cache gets maxed, but as long as you are using garbage you'll be alright, my bargain ssd can handle about 250GB of constant write before it slows down from 1800MB/s to (only) 100MB/s.

But the issue isn't a hardware bottleneck. The only thing that has changed is that I am now using bhunp instead of 3ba

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, folks! A noob (I think) question here.

Sometimes some outfits suffer from clipping body parts through it (yeah, I know, a shocker, right? :) ). So, what I found for myself to be an ultimate solution for this - is to make this outfit a sliiiitly bigger. So I open up this oufit in the OutfitStudio and stretch it a tiiiny liiittle bit with a transform tool by the blue and red axises and voila! No more clipping..

BUT! When it comes to say gloves or boots - I can't do just that. Stretching them along the blue axis is OK, but when I try to stretch them along the red one - they come further apart and their inner sides start to clip even more :( 

Can someone tell me how to stretch them along the red axis one at a time, not both as one object? Thanks.

UPD: Really? No one knows?..

Edited by evilblade
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Moving said:

Does anyone know the solution to the textureless hip on Argonians? Using CBBE, and apologies if I am not giving enough information so please feel free to ask for more.

You need argonian textures that are compatible with CBBE body meshes. Here are some nice ones:

Feminine Argonian Textures by MONSTERaider:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574

Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux by Flewn:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105864

fyi: This issue is caused by using cbbe meshes with incompatible (unp, vanilla, etc.) textures.

So, this may very well already be well known among a lot of Bodyslide users, but I only discovered it recently and it was a gamechanger for adjusting outfits: you can make adjustments and build meshes while in-game. You just have to unequip and re-equip the item for the changes to take effect. So you can tweak a mesh in Outfit Studio, rebuild in Bodyslide, re-equip in-game, and see if more work needs to be done or not. It's fantastic for fine-tuning.

Again, this is probably known among a lot of people, but for those who didn't know (I only recently figured it out and I've been using BS for years), I figured I'd share this small bit of wisdom.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive my inexperience. I have some questions
1) How do I know which body to select? To be exact, which version?
2) Probably (answering the previous question myself) you will tell me that I have to select the one I have installed. Here, I do not remember some details, how can I see "exactly" which body I installed?

I did a lot of things some time ago so I don't remember very well. I know that I have installed a cbbe (I don't remember if it is slim or curvy. It seems slim to me but I'm not sure) which I then changed to a 3bbb. I don't know if it's relevant but in all cases I also put physics into it.

7 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Forgive my inexperience. I have some questions
1) How do I know which body to select? To be exact, which version?
2) Probably (answering the previous question myself) you will tell me that I have to select the one I have installed. Here, I do not remember some details, how can I see "exactly" which body I installed?

I did a lot of things some time ago so I don't remember very well. I know that I have installed a cbbe (I don't remember if it is slim or curvy. It seems slim to me but I'm not sure) which I then changed to a 3bbb. I don't know if it's relevant but in all cases I also put physics into it.

Oops, I have the wrong version! excuse me!
I have Skyrim SE.

• 1 month later...

HI need help in nifscope... i got problem when changing bodypart slot...

first.. i got the bodyslide that has nif that has Niskininstance

Spoiler

image.png.975572f68a84a026e782a0a73766408a.png

so i convert it to bsdismembermentskininstance so i can change the the bodypart slot.. after changing this i also change the esp using tes5edit to the same slot but it still doesn't show in game.. anyone knows something wrong here? or maybe i missing something

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 12:47 AM, CuriousGuy01 said:

HI need help in nifscope... i got problem when changing bodypart slot...

first.. i got the bodyslide that has nif that has Niskininstance

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.975572f68a84a026e782a0a73766408a.png

so i convert it to bsdismembermentskininstance so i can change the the bodypart slot.. after changing this i also change the esp using tes5edit to the same slot but it still doesn't show in game.. anyone knows something wrong here? or maybe i missing something

As far as I know you don't need to convert niskininstance to make it work in LE if that's why you're doing that. if mesh is niskininstance then you only need to change slot in esp. Seems better this way since you don't have to change mesh and esp, just esp.

Make sure you change slot for both "armor" and "armor addon sections" of the armor you are changing. Most common reason I see for invisible mesh is typo in name or path to nif in esp. You could also try to strip off all armor/items and then test if still invisible to rule out possible mod conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, newbie here trying to get my imagination into reality with BodySlide and Outfit Studio, need help haha

Im trying to give new shapes to some armors but sometimes there are like void gaps between the clothe and the "body", stuff like this that gets even worst if I lower the chest zone of the armor, here is an example. When I started with the Outfit Studio, I saw that no matter how much you remove from a clothe or change the armors shapes, you would have the body below, but that doesn't happen in the BodySlide preview nor in-game. 

This said, is there any way to always keep a whole naked body under outfits? That would help me a lot in order to give my personal touch to the clothes and armors in my game.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,a little help pls,I was trying to build my armors in bodyslide and I've miss clicked something that I don't even know,and my bodyslide menu changed a little bit visually but I thought I don't care as long as it works,but when I hit batch build I received no message to select which armor to convert that appeared every time,how can I fix it? I'm pretty sure the presets of the armors are not deleted

On 3/27/2022 at 12:41 AM, samanjimbo said:

Hi guys,a little help pls,I was trying to build my armors in bodyslide and I've miss clicked something that I don't even know,and my bodyslide menu changed a little bit visually but I thought I don't care as long as it works,but when I hit batch build I received no message to select which armor to convert that appeared every time,how can I fix it? I'm pretty sure the presets of the armors are not deleted

i'm not really sure what you're talking about. can you provide a screen shot?

• 1 month later...

hello I m trying to figure a problem for the latest BHUNP update and I think this is where ill find the most help. So in the screen shot the body is working but shows the wrong body and I'm not sure why. I'm trying to get the demoniac skin with the sweaty look but it will only show this type of body ScreenShot4.bmp , I'm trying to get a sweaty demoniac body and I don't want the abs. Any help would be appreciated apologies if I did not provide an accurate description.

• 6 months later...

This has got to be a FAQ but I couldn't find any info about it in the wiki.  I recently added a mod that provides bodyslide files to conform the TAWOBA armors to the COSIO body, which is a CBBE derivative I believe.  But when I select those armors in Bodyslide, the Presets dropdown is empty.   How do I make it so that I can use my regular preset on these armors?

I build the DD gear using the BHUNP zero slider with the goal that it would work with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61685 (oBody).

It mostly works, but not for skin tight clothing, like the boots and the DD gloves, I have clipping problems with the skin mesh popping through.  I tried rebuilding the glove with the arm sizes shift from 100% to 98% without noticeable effect.

I would be happy with glovers a little big, if they wouldn't clip. 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:37 AM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

This has got to be a FAQ but I couldn't find any info about it in the wiki.  I recently added a mod that provides bodyslide files to conform the TAWOBA armors to the COSIO body, which is a CBBE derivative I believe.  But when I select those armors in Bodyslide, the Presets dropdown is empty.   How do I make it so that I can use my regular preset on these armors?

Most armor / clothes mods do not add presets. Presets are provided from body presets (like CBBE 3BA or BHUNP).

Still several armors add groups so after selecting your body preset, you choose your armour group.

It's sometimes not a straight forward name, I have armor groups with special character that are at the bottom of the list or groups that start with the name of the mod author.

Best practice is to check the group name in the archive of the mod you want to install to check if there is one and what is the actual name.

The "Unassigned" group is used for all sets that did not move themselves to a specific group.

If you "Batch Build" everything (no group selection) after selecting your body presets you can be certain that all armor/cloths/body etc. meshes are built.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...