SSE Criticism Thread

For those having issues getting SSE to run on their machines, would it be possible for you to include your rig specs?  Just curious and want to compare, as I have trouble running FO4 as well.

Check this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68700-hardware-compatiblityperformance-reports/

The trick that seems to work for everybody in order to fix fps issues is to turn off the vsync of the game (via ini change) and cap the fps via 3rd party tools (like Nvidia Inspector).

Quite ironic it takes ini changes and 3rd party tools in order to make the "modern edition" stable....

By the way I guess this is what Gopher did in order to achieve the fps he is showing in his video, but I didn't hear him talk about it, so I stopped watching it after the first minutes as it is pure propaganda.

I'll give it a peek, thank you :)

I think you just killed the thread. 

Why?

I do not think so.

No insult, only the truth.

but some do not tolerate truth.  ;)

Suck that you got banned from beth.net winny. Also, I'm back to be helping in the requests threads again. My computer broke back in august and only just got a new one.

bethesda sux.

I did write this huge thing chiming in with my opinion, but the pressed back and lost it all, and I'm not doing that again, so...

tl;dr

I don't think we can make an accurate judgement about whether sse is a waste or not until skse64 comes out. Most stuff seems like it will port pretty easily. But we have to wait to see if stuff that requires skse will port easily or if it will take lots of effort. The other thing is physics. Which obviously all hdt stuff is broken. I am right now heading to go ask hydrogen if she has any plans for anything.

edit:after reading up on a bunch of stuff from modders who were in the beta, I now have no doubt that bethesda did sse for no reason other than to sell mods to console players for the price of a full retail game. bethesda sux.

edit: we will see, but I'm not optimistic about hydrogen. her 3dm page is vacated, the arrow n knee page appears to be dead, and moderteam is gone. the only site she has logged into in a while is nexus, and she hasn't posted in forever. messaged, off to bed now. let you guys know the results tomorrow or if she ever responds.

-snip-

The other thing is physics. Which obviously all hdt stuff is broken. I am right now heading to go ask hydrogen if she has any plans for anything.

If this is true then it's worth reading through the last 4 pages of this thread. 

Even if she's not going port HDT over it'd still be nice to have a definitive answer.

-snip-

The other thing is physics. Which obviously all hdt stuff is broken. I am right now heading to go ask hydrogen if she has any plans for anything.

If this is true then it's worth reading through the last 4 pages of this thread. 

Even if she's not going port HDT over it'd still be nice to have a definitive answer.

Definitely. I read the pages, but I did post right after reading them all, so if I missed something do let me know. Either way, I know this thread is for venting, and even If my post seems mild mannered, I am angry with beth too. Mainly though I was trying to make some people over here who are just writhing with anger possibly less angry with some good news?

• I kinda hoped that they included settlement system , at least some barebones for modders to use.
  • no updates animations to match f4 quality
  • no updated characters
  • no new quests
  • 5 year old bugs really
  • piss filter which only adds another layer of tonemap on top of the tonemaps ( harder for enbs/reshade )
  • rescaled official DLC textures with applied some photoshop filter to make it look nice
  • they actually fixed mfg commands
  • disgusting UI
  • no nvidia phys like in fallout4 ( it would be a nice feature for some immersive semen techniques mods )
  • distant LOD flickering

I really expected something more from this remaster, I really did

<snip>

edit:after reading up on a bunch of stuff from modders who were in the beta, I now have no doubt that bethesda did sse for no reason other than to sell mods to console players for the price of a full retail game. bethesda sux.

<snip>

That's not a surprise to some of us. When we first heard about SSE we knew it was a cash grab. What will be interesting is when console players realize how few of the tens of thousands of mods already in existence they'll actually be able to use due to technical limitations and/or BethNet not hosting them. I would bet dollars to donuts that Bethesda is counting on a percentage of console players becoming frustrated with these limitations and then buying the PC version to take full advantage of mods.

With the whole limited console modding thing going on hopefully it will encourage more console gamers to just give up on console and realize PC is just superior when it comes to mods. This would be nice because it would favor the PC. But that's just a pipe dream.

With the whole limited console modding thing going on hopefully it will encourage more console gamers to just give up on console and realize PC is just superior when it comes to mods. This would be nice because it would favor the PC. But that's just a pipe dream.

One is quite safe, consoles players get such a long nose when they notice, that They do not get all the mods!

I guess that no modder for consoles work, then the sex mods for consoles are controversial, of LL they will not receive any mods, LL is a pure computer forum.

disney-graphics-pinocchio-489442.gif

Am I a terrible person for finding it kinda funny listening to these sulking mod review youtubers whining because they weren't thrown freebies from SE's release ? I understand the beta modders complaints for not being included in the marketing teams release strategy but mod reviewers have literally made the most money from other people's hard work for such little input. While all the controversy and drama was raging on over paid mods they were sitting pretty on a mountain of cash, where does this entitlement come from.

What will be interesting is when console players realize how few of the tens of thousands of mods already in existence they'll actually be able to use due to technical limitations and/or BethNet not hosting them.

it will be the same for pc players^^

161103024953545095.jpg

and let's not forget the stuff you won't find on nexus

161103024648475003.jpg

there's over 9000 mods sites to check for new stuff

the ones that can't convert mods themselves can forget about some, it's unlikely a sse version of most of their load order will be re upload

If Bethesda had fixed all the major bugs within the original game, either by incorporating the unofficial patches and other existing mods in the game or by fixing them themselves and gave it to PC users as a free "upgrade" or an optional patch, and also released it as a new game (Remastered, Special Edition, Gold Edition or whatever) on GOG, DRM free, they would no doubt jump into my top 10 best game developers list immediately. Well, yes, that's another pipe dream... as they'd rather go out of business...

What will be interesting is when console players realize how few of the tens of thousands of mods already in existence they'll actually be able to use due to technical limitations and/or BethNet not hosting them.

it will be the same for pc players^^

161103024953545095.jpg

and let's not forget the stuff you won't find on nexus

161103024648475003.jpg

there's over 9000 mods sites to check for new stuff

the ones that can't convert mods themselves can forget about some, it's unlikely a sse version of most of their load order will be re upload

That's true for those who don't have copies of Oldrim. Some of us have such. There are still copies of Oldrim for sale at various (local) mega-markets, video game stores, and that's not even looking at places like Ebay and Amazon.com, or the option of buying and downloading Oldrim from Steam (however long that lasts). It's still console players who are SOL and always will be when it comes to mods.

The first thing I really noticed was how terrible the Vanilla UI was, And the Mod Author for SkyUI says "Not Interested", hopefully someone else will port it over.

The second thing was the downgraded audio, it is absolutely terrible and I have to put the subtitles on.

Those were the first two things that really caught my attention...  The Textures... I wasn't worried about because as soon as the mods are converted, I am going to use those anyways.

On the plus side, I have really played it hard.  I already have 30+ mods going and the difference is quite apparent.  Even with vanilla "OldRim" as everyone is calling Skyrim32, the loadtime between outdoor/indoor was sometimes lengthy.  

It is practically instantaneous now with Skyrim64.

I also run a PC Performance on Monitor 2 and watching the thread usage is really so nice to see.   Memory is also better and honestly, I can watch Netflix on Monitor 3 and play Skyrim64 on Monitor 1 and not notice skipping and jitter on Netflix anymore.   When before, when playing "OldRIm" if I moved too fast or went indoor/outdoor frequently, like in Windhelm of Whiterun, I would see my video tile/jitter on monitor 3.

I guess, since I had all the DLCs and am getting SkyrimSE for free, I like it and cant wait for the mods like SkyUI and SKSE to be released.  Hell, XPMSE is already out! 

It's free and has its own folder/directory so as to not impede playing "OldRim".   I also think with the new Rendering Engine, some of the 'strongholds' and capabilities from FO4 can be done in SkyrimSE.... Maybe even constructing player based strongholds and fortresses!!! There are definately some ideas that FO4 came out with that I would like to see in SkyrimSE.... 

The first thing I really noticed was how terrible the Vanilla UI was, And the Mod Author for SkyUI says "Not Interested", hopefully someone else will port it over.

---snip---

If the mod author says * Not Interested * then can Nobody these take over work, It would be simply a copyright infringement!

SkyUI 64 would never be released!  ;)

Edit: I wish it would be more modder so decide!  :)

---snip---

If the mod author says * Not Interested * then can Nobody these take over work, It would be simply a copyright infringement!

That's not to say that someone couldn't just port the mod and get it working on their system, and then write some third party program or TESV64Edit plugin that would automatically inject the old mod into a SSE plugin and make the necessary changes for it to work. Kinda-sorta like how there's scripts for converting FO3 mods to TTW, is what I'm imagining.

Since it's all done on the user-end, without distributing copyrighted works against the mod authors wishes, and would still require the latest Oldrim SkyUI release to be downloaded by each unique user - I don't see where there would be any issues. After all, there's no restrictions on me modding the mods I download for my own personal use, so long as they're not redistributed. Hell, maybe even improvements could be made and updated versions could be developed - all still requiring the latest version of SkyUI for Oldrim as a base to work from.

---snip---

That's not to say that someone couldn't just port the mod and get it working on their system, and then write some third party program or TESV64Edit plugin that would automatically inject the old mod into a SSE plugin and make the necessary changes for it to work. Kinda-sorta like how there's scripts for converting FO3 mods to TTW, is what I'm imagining.

Since it's all done on the user-end, without distributing copyrighted works against the mod authors wishes, and would still require the latest Oldrim SkyUI release to be downloaded by each unique user - I don't see where there would be any issues. After all, there's no restrictions on me modding the mods I download for my own personal use, so long as they're not redistributed. Hell, maybe even improvements could be made and updated versions could be developed - all still requiring the latest version of SkyUI for Oldrim as a base to work from.

If that was the case you'd be right, but schanglster has said if someone else got everything working, he would update it and port.

https://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SkyUI-Not-In-The-Works-for-Skyrim-Special-Edition-schlangster-response-902x281.png

I just went trough the posts real quick, so don't know if this has been addressed yet (probably has been). But, here goes nothing.

As a veteran Skyrim pc user, does going through the hell of getting SSE and make all your old mods work on it has any advantages whatsoever? Like, in terms of performance (crashes, stability, RAM cap, etc); or it is yet to soon to tell?

I just went trough the posts real quick, so don't know if this has been addressed yet (probably has been). But, here goes nothing.

As a veteran Skyrim pc user, does going through the hell of getting SSE and make all your old mods work on it has any advantages whatsoever? Like, in terms of performance (crashes, stability, RAM cap, etc); or it is yet to soon to tell?

A lot of stuff appears to be more stable from initial tests. The 2 biggest things seems to be load times and obviously ctd from vram crash. However, it is far too early to tell with large load orders, as many gameplay mods that add constant running script, which are what usually effect stability and performance run on skse, and as such can't be tested on sse until skse64 comes out.

Of course, there are differences!

I have a 7 year old PC, AMD Phenom II x 6 Black Edition, Geforce GTX 750 Ti and 8 GB memory.

Oldrim I play in ultra settings, I have 255 mods installed, I use predominantly and if available 4k textures. Have very rare (not to mention) CTDs.

SSE is on my system, playable in the lowest settings.

In contrast to this Is The Witcher 3 with much better graphics quality and more demanding energy, on my system in very high settings playable.

And mind you, The Witcher is a 64 bit game!  ;)

I have a 7 year old PC, AMD Phenom II x 6 Black Edition, Geforce GTX 750 Ti and 8 GB memory.

Oldrim I play in ultra settings, I have 255 mods installed, I use predominantly and if available 4k textures. Have very rare (not to mention) CTDs.

In contrast to this Is The Witcher 3 with much better graphics quality and more demanding energy, on my system in very high settings playable.

Im gonna also guess you aren't on Windows 10?

Intel i7, Nvidia gtx 870 and 8gb memory.... 251 esm/esp mods, 436 total mods.

I cannot use Depth of Field on Oldrim ENBs without my fps hitting 13 - 15, without DoF steady 30. Cannot use 4k textures without guarenteed VRam crashes, at most I can use 2048 textures.... anything above that and CTDs are almost a certainty. Not to mention that most combinations of high script mods (for example, even so much as touching frostfall while playing my sexlab modlist) causes massive script lag, meaning almost 20 - 30 seconds before sexlab animations trigger, or cursed loot events.

Do tell me what witchery you have performed to get oldrim -that- stable?

In contrast by the way.... SSE runs a solid 60fps on ultra.....

Im gonna also guess you aren't on Windows 10?

Intel i7, Nvidia gtx 870 and 8gb memory.... 251 esm/esp mods, 436 total mods.

I cannot use Depth of Field on Oldrim ENBs without my fps hitting 13 - 15, without DoF steady 30. Cannot use 4k textures without guarenteed VRam crashes, at most I can use 2048 textures.... anything above that and CTDs are almost a certainty. Not to mention that most combinations of high script mods (for example, even so much as touching frostfall while playing my sexlab modlist) causes massive script lag, meaning almost 20 - 30 seconds before sexlab animations trigger, or cursed loot events.

Do tell me what witchery you have performed to get oldrim -that- stable?

In contrast by the way.... SSE runs a solid 60fps on ultra.....

properly, Windows 7 Is on my system.

Why I do not have CTDs Is quite easy to explain, I use almost no mods the with scripts are burdened.

and particularly I do not use mods, which are dependent on other Mods!

No FNIS, no SKSE, no SkyUi, So also no sex mods.  :)

No FNIS, no SKSE, no SkyUi, So also no sex mods.  :)

So your posts on LL are only so you can entertain yourself while trolling?

What has that one with the other to do?

fragezeichen.jpg

I'm here on LL!

1) because I help a lot of people and already helped have!

2) because I have very many good friends here!

3) because I only got outfits for my body type!

4) because I brought different mods (HDT) here!

I hope it is reason enough around be here to allowed.  ;)

Edit: and if you look once in my friends list, then you notice that among my friends are many modders, the helped me and to whom I helped.

I didn't mean "not allowed" or something like this. As far as I can see everybody is allowed on LL.

I was thinking more that your way of experiencing the game and the modding of the game is quite different from what almost everybody else here. That's why the way you see the game and the problems with modding it will be different. 

i didn't mean any disrespect, I was just combining what you said about not using sex mods with my recollection of your last posts :-)

I didn't mean "not allowed" or something like this. As far as I can see everybody is allowed on LL.

I was thinking more that your way of experiencing the game and the modding of the game is quite different from what almost everybody else here. That's why the way you see the game and the problems with modding it will be different. 

i didn't mean any disrespect, I was just combining what you said about not using sex mods with my recollection of your last posts :-)

I have not evil taken.

most people think LL is exclusively for sex mods there is.

So it is not, here there is everything and that is also good so.

Many come here just because of these sex mods, If these mods did not exist, then LL would be EMPTY (no people)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: