24 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Thank you for affirming my decision to stay with SSE 1.5.23 and SKSE64 2.0.6 just a wee bit longer... just call me a Luddite. :classic_biggrin:

Do you still have the older version of it. Could you please send it my way so I can test it out to absolutely make sure it's not my hardware? Just PM. 

27 minutes ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Still, my recommendation stands :smile:

HDT SMP, Framework, HH, and 400 mods, I've got no NPC issues...

Ah, if only you had posted the recommendation... or a link to the post containing it, if any...

*sigh of resignation as she equips her Shovel of Unnecessary Scrollback and begins the hunt for the actual recommendation* :classic_biggrin:

26 minutes ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Respectfully disagree, and my recommendation still stands :smile:

HDT's SKSE64 2.0.7 fix, HDT SMP, Framework, HH, and 400 other mods, I've got no NPC issues...

Here is the problem. I'm getting 60 FPS stability. I've not had the problem till recently. Either it's the hardware or it's a bug with the newest version. You're computer is not the same as mind. I might have discovered something, but I want to be absolutely sure.

23 minutes ago, Tooneyman23 said:

Do you still have the older version of it. Could you please send it my way so I can test it out to absolutely make sure it's not my hardware? Just PM. 

Just sent you two versions for SSE 1.5.23.

42 minutes ago, Tooneyman23 said:

Here is the problem. I'm getting 60 FPS stability. I've not had the problem till recently. Either it's the hardware or it's a bug with the newest version. You're computer is not the same as mind. I might have discovered something, but I want to be absolutely sure.

Well yeah, it could totally be a specific hardware issue on the new version. I was just pointing out one possibility, not that it was the only or most likely ;)

43 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Ah, if only you had posted the recommendation... or a link to the post containing it, if any...

*sigh of resignation as she equips her Shovel of Unnecessary Scrollback and begins the hunt for the actual recommendation* :classic_biggrin:

Was just referring to the fact that he should think about upping to 16Gb's of RAM for SSE, that's all.

1 hour ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Well yeah, it could totally be a specific hardware issue on the new version. I was just pointing out one possibility, not that it was the only or most likely ;)

Was just referring to the fact that he should think about upping to 16Gb's of RAM for SSE, that's all.

EDITED: I figured out the problem. I think everyone should be aware of this. Seems SSE Engine Fixes was causing the bug with HDT Physics. At least that was what I thought. I updated to the newest version and it seems the mod is working well. I'm a dumb, dumb... Can be modding for over six years and still feel stupid. 

@PhoenixTheSage Thanks for the suggestion. I should definitely upgrade my ram, but if I do that. I'm buying a new VR graphics card and getting a new headset which is really bad since I don't want to do that right now since I'll be moving states in about six months. 

38 minutes ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Ah, OK, thanks. I had made it 6 pages back with no luck when I got the notice that you had posted.

Alright, I've started a new project... Woot, woot!.. Horse HDT tails. I've already started the process and it looks to be alright. I've gotten everything converted, and I've started to work on the animals tail, but.... I can't seam to get the tail to move. It's as stiff as a door nail. I've converted the mesh into HDT SMP format. I made sure everything was locked on target. Here is a look at what I'm doing. 

Spoiler

Here is the horse model. 

image.thumb.png.a57ab6df29056fb9a099e023c841a453.png

Here are the tail bones. I've found them and connected them accordingly in the body of the horse. Now here is the bone it's attached to at the top. 

Boneprint.thumb.png.4691008e0e923081c278b8e3efebee40.png

If you look at my XML file. You'll see how I setup the bones. They should be working properly. However, I feel like I'm missing something a connection between the bones. This shouldn't be a very hard mesh to get movement with HDTSMP. It's literaly a tail. However, the bone structure of the horse is very complex and if you click on the tail of the horse in full view. You'll see the main is attached to it. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.45844a09968fb2d39e5bac035404a48b.png

I find this fascinating. Since I'm wondering if I need to lock the main bones along with the pelvis and the leg bones near the tail. 

If anyone is interested in what mod this is from. You can check it out here, "Horse's Revamped." The horse mesh comes with animations and an HDT Tail. I've already converted the mesh, but I just can't get the dang tail to stop looking stiff. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot11.thumb.png.5484321b69d1b34318610aa7d8d345e6.png

If you look at the tail. It's like a long limp side. Here is the XML if anyone would like to take a peak at it. This is how I setup the HDT SMP path in the horse mesh if anyone is curious. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.581b4cfcfe806116a52f5bc738ba950d.png

Horse_tail.xml

@DarkFireTim

Any suggestions since you've worked with tails before. 

4 hours ago, Andarus said:

Got it working now, but I'm still not ready to switch to SSE. I need Enhancer Camera and a ENB binary that fixes the ugly Shadows/SSAO.

ENB already has SSAO and will probably not have "Detailed Shadows" as a feature, which I believe is what you're referring to, because SSE already has an improved deferred shadow system over that of Oldrim and there is really no need. Subsurface Scattering was just added recently as well.

But yeah, we need Enhanced Camera, although it's not that bad without it.

2 hours ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

ENB already has SSAO and will probably not have "Detailed Shadows" as a feature, which I believe is what you're referring to, because SSE already has an improved deferred shadow system over that of Oldrim and there is really no need. Subsurface Scattering was just added recently as well.

But yeah, we need Enhanced Camera, although it's not that bad without it.

My SE Shadows look complete garbage even though I set them to 8K. They look just pixelated like in Skyrim without ENB. And the SSAO is also shit no matter what I do. I disabled the Vanilla SSAO, tried Lite and Full - all looks like shit.

13 hours ago, Gromilla said:

I'll leave it here just in case: Skyrim Horses Renewal

I'm really glad you posted this.. I've gone ahead and converted it over. I've gotten some progress. I wasn't getting any movement for some reason with the HDT horse From Horses Revamped... And I was wondering why... I just don't think HDT-SMP is compatible as of right now with animals. Here's my conclusion. The horses HDTSMP react to the HDT-SMP in this mod above. However, with Horses Revamped. They don't react at all. It should have been an easy transfer over. I'm not to caught up on Horse skeleton and mesh framework, but from my experience. The XML file I'm presenting should allow the horse tail and movement in the mod above. 

This is all I'm getting.. 

ScreenShot13.thumb.png.03e484818c00d11a5ef0c0a9f851f078.png

The main and the tail stretch, but no matter what values I put into the XML. They are constantly staying the same. 

With horses revamped. I had the right setup for the XML file, but no reaction. 

For horses revamped my guess comes down to it doesn't have a properly HDT Skeleton to hook onto. 

For Skyrim Horses Renewal it comes down to HDT Physics isn't up to date with animals or creatures. It'll react to the mesh, but it won't allow for values since there is none it can work with since it's only designed at the moment for NPC's. 

Here is the XML file for Skyrim Horses Renewal if anyone wants to play with it. 

HorseTail.xml

8 hours ago, Andarus said:

My SE Shadows look complete garbage even though I set them to 8K. They look just pixelated like in Skyrim without ENB. And the SSAO is also shit no matter what I do. I disabled the Vanilla SSAO, tried Lite and Full - all looks like shit.

Then you're doing something wrong with your configuration, sorry...

More on topic -

@Tooneyman23 I'm now awaiting on permissions from Nivea for Winter Is Coming to release the WIC SMP officially. I've already got permission from isoku for Wet & Cold, and Cloaks of Skyrim is basically open perms. Rosent is on board as well.

The patch collection will be called "Artesian Cloaks of Skyrim" when it's published on the Nexus, would you want to join in on that and host your alternatives there when you get to them? Or would you just prefer doing your own page?

15 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

I'm really glad you posted this.. I've gone ahead and converted it over. I've gotten some progress.

Na zdorov'ye! ;)  Do not mention it. 

I am very glad that your wonderful idea was realized. I myself wanted to tackle this issue but there is no time unfortunately. I hope that by common efforts soon really complete physics in the game for the Special Edition will be collected. and it's cool :)

17 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

I'm really glad you posted this.. I've gone ahead and converted it over. I've gotten some progress. I wasn't getting any movement for some reason with the HDT horse From Horses Revamped... And I was wondering why... I just don't think HDT-SMP is compatible as of right now with animals. Here's my conclusion. The horses HDTSMP react to the HDT-SMP in this mod above. However, with Horses Revamped. They don't react at all. It should have been an easy transfer over. I'm not to caught up on Horse skeleton and mesh framework, but from my experience. The XML file I'm presenting should allow the horse tail and movement in the mod above. 

This is all I'm getting.. 

ScreenShot13.thumb.png.03e484818c00d11a5ef0c0a9f851f078.png

The main and the tail stretch, but no matter what values I put into the XML. They are constantly staying the same. 

With horses revamped. I had the right setup for the XML file, but no reaction. 

For horses revamped my guess comes down to it doesn't have a properly HDT Skeleton to hook onto. 

For Skyrim Horses Renewal it comes down to HDT Physics isn't up to date with animals or creatures. It'll react to the mesh, but it won't allow for values since there is none it can work with since it's only designed at the moment for NPC's. 

Here is the XML file for Skyrim Horses Renewal if anyone wants to play with it. 

HorseTail.xml

Yes, this is my understanding also so far. HDT SMP for SSE is not configured yet to deal with meshes other than for NPC's and PC. Have tried to get collisions with creatures , but no luck. I can modify a creature to use a npc schlong and get collision, but no creature from for instance, More nasty Critters work.

2 hours ago, Farass said:

Yes, this is my understanding also so far. HDT SMP for SSE is not configured yet to deal with meshes other than for NPC's and PC. Have tried to get collisions with creatures , but no luck. I can modify a creature to use a npc schlong and get collision, but no creature from for instance, More nasty Critters work.

I'm wondering if I can add the horses as NPC's and allow the collisions to happen. If there is a way inside the creation kit to allow for the horses to be considered NPC's for the time being. 

12 hours ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

Then you're doing something wrong with your configuration, sorry...

More on topic -

@Tooneyman23 I'm now awaiting on permissions from Nivea for Winter Is Coming to release the WIC SMP officially. I've already got permission from isoku for Wet & Cold, and Cloaks of Skyrim is basically open perms. Rosent is on board as well.

The patch collection will be called "Artesian Cloaks of Skyrim" when it's published on the Nexus, would you want to join in on that and host your alternatives there when you get to them? Or would you just prefer doing your own page?

@PhoenixTheSage I'm going to start playing with collisions with cloaks on my own setup just to see what I can do. The invisible body is probably superior, but I'll see if my method works. If it does work better. I'll convert everything and send you the file setup when I'm done. Plus I'll definitely need people to test it. I'm doing this as a way to learn more coding and HDT-SMP. I want to be very good at it. I've already started on Argonian dreads, but run into the problem with the dreads not showing up in game. The mesh shows up in the CK, but not in game for the the life of me I can't figure out why. I'll start messing with cloaks this coming week. 

I'm going to be dropping a video on how to convert things to HDT-SMP today or tomorrow.  

Hey guys I've been having a problem with something creating or editing a loose file in my SSE install that causes SSE to crash when I load a save or start a new game. I can fix it by having NMM purge all unmanaged files, and then putting things like SKSE back, but it keeps happening and is occurring faster and faster each time. So I'm really out of the loop and won't be much help till I get the cause locked down and this fixed, sorry to those of you that have messaged me or tagged me in posts. While I'm here tho I'll try to be at least a little helpful ?.

@Vyxenne

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to solve that particular bit of hair to floor clipping. Or to be more accurate you can but the solution will be worse than the problem. What you need to do is add an invisible shape to some part of your character where the floor would be so your wig has something to interact with. The problem is that shape has to be attached to your character and that means it will move and change orientation as your character does. This is why even long wigs, or tails, that come with a virtual ground will still clip through the floor in that or similar positions. The virtual ground is attached to her feet and thus isn't in position to block her hair at that angle. So you can either always have an invisible wall behind your character, that is roughly where the floor would be if she was lying down, or your wig can clip through the floor. It sucks but that's what were stuck with until someone figures out how to have SMP acknowledge and use all shapes in SSE with out killing itself.

@Tooneyman23

I've never worked with an animal skeleton before so I can't say for sure what your problem is, but in my experience with wigs and tails the error your getting in your screen shot happens when your weight painting is off or when a bone is attached to a shape it shouldn't be. Unfortunately I am truly terrible with both weight painting and manually attaching bones so I can't help with fixing it if that is the problem.

41 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

@Vyxenne

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to solve that particular bit of hair to floor clipping. Or to be more accurate you can but the solution will be worse than the problem. What you need to do is add an invisible shape to some part of your character where the floor would be so your wig has something to interact with. The problem is that shape has to be attached to your character and that means it will move and change orientation as your character does. This is why even long wigs, or tails, that come with a virtual ground will still clip through the floor in that or similar positions. The virtual ground is attached to her feet and thus isn't in position to block her hair at that angle. So you can either always have an invisible wall behind your character, that is roughly where the floor would be if she was lying down, or your wig can clip through the floor. It sucks but that's what were stuck with until someone figures out how to have SMP acknowledge and use all shapes in SSE with out killing itself.

Thank you! I'll work around it in three ways:

1. Use beds or go outside and screw in a flower patch- the hair still disappears into the mattress/ground but it's not as obvious as it is on a hard floor
  2. Switch to a short hairstyle for sex
  3. Have more stand-up sex, thereby eliminating the problem at its source

Hope you track down your game gremlins soon! :classic_heart:

1 hour ago, DarkFireTim said:

Hey guys I've been having a problem with something creating or editing a loose file in my SSE install that causes SSE to crash when I load a save or start a new game. I can fix it by having NMM purge all unmanaged files, and then putting things like SKSE back, but it keeps happening and is occurring faster and faster each time. So I'm really out of the loop and won't be much help till I get the cause locked down and this fixed, sorry to those of you that have messaged me or tagged me in posts. While I'm here tho I'll try to be at least a little helpful ?.

@Vyxenne

@Tooneyman23

I've never worked with an animal skeleton before so I can't say for sure what your problem is, but in my experience with wigs and tails the error your getting in your screen shot happens when your weight painting is off or when a bone is attached to a shape it shouldn't be. Unfortunately I am truly terrible with both weight painting and manually attaching bones so I can't help with fixing it if that is the problem.

Do you have XPMSE 4.31 installed by the chance? It has been known to cause sudden CTDs.

If so, I would recommend to roll back to XPMSSE 4.20 or install the newest SSE Engine Fixes https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

1 hour ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

Do you have XPMSE 4.31 installed by the chance? It has been known to cause sudden CTDs.

If so, I would recommend to roll back to XPMSSE 4.20 or install the newest SSE Engine Fixes https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

@DarkFireTimI installed the newest version of SSE Engine Fixes and I'm still getting the newest issues with XPMSE 4.31 and racemenu. 

As for the horses. Horses Revamped tail won't even react to the XML file I've created. I've checked everything from top to bottom. I really think it's because HDTPhysics hasn't been designed for creatures yet. 

With how active this thread is and how I'm actually unable to find the answer via Search & Google, I'd figure I'll ask the experts in this thread.

Has anyone figured out how to combine the XMLs (specifically defaultBBP.xml) to utilize both CBBE and UUNP?  So far, regardless of my efforts, I can only use one body type with HDT SSE.  With a balanced list of NPCs and Followers using CBBE and UUNP, I was hoping they'd all benefit once HDT was in the mix.

9 hours ago, KravisGile said:

Has anyone figured out how to combine the XMLs (specifically defaultBBP.xml) to utilize both CBBE and UUNP? 

I don't believe it's possible because the body shapes are named differently, and I don't believe you can define the "body" tag as both "body" (CBBE) and "UUNP" at the same time. Also, the bones are different, but HDT-SMP will happily ignore non-existent bones with no penalty.

If you're determined to try, you might consider renaming the UUNP shape "body" in every HDT mesh you plan to get physics/collision on including the UUNP body itself (because it wouldn't make sense to rename the CBBE "body" shape to "UUNP" :classic_tongue: ) then use the CBBE xml's and add the missing UUNP "Belly" bone.

Full disclosure: I'm no expert, just been fiddle-farting around with it while lurking in the shadows watching Tooney-man and DarFartTim tear stuff up. :classic_biggrin: