2 hours ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

No idea why you'd do it from scratch, unless you plan on overhauling the meshes to use texture sets at the same time.

Or fixing other problems with the base mod.

Both.. I'm using it as a learning experience. I'm doing everything for HDT-SMP from scratch so I can get a hell of a handle on it. I want to be able to look at a HDT-PE mesh and go. Alright.. This.. needs this.. and this.. and Wallha!... We have magic.. 30 minutes later after testing it.. I get mad and start over because I screwed up on something with a bone placement or line of code. 

It's about the process with me. I'm enjoying it right now. @PhoenixTheSage Don't kill my creativity vibe man.. HAHA Just kidding. 

Mostly to learn and I might find something out where other people didn't. Going back and forth with @DarkFireTim and @dduserab @wolfbread @Vyxenne I can say xfor sure. I've found new things I can do where I couldn't before. It'll be the same with the cloaks, but for now. My next project is going to involve animal tails, hair and HDT SMP setups for that. I'm jumping straight into that once I'm done with my setup with Resplendent Armor. =)

@Tooneyman23

Hey. I worked a bit more on my Resplendent armor setup today and I thought you might be interested.

Basically, I didn't make any functional breakthroughs, instead, I spent some time to try to understand the xml better. I found some documentation here and here, and tried to both understand and clean up my xml. I ended up with a cleaner xml with unnecessary bits removed and duplicated bits deduplicated, and I now understand every part of the xml structure.

Some things I learned that might not be obvious at first glance:

• Every time you declare a <bone-default> tag, you modify the default values for any bones declared from that point after.
  • Every time you declare a <generic-constraint-default> tag, you modify the default values for any constraint groups declared from that point after.
  • When you declare collision for mesh via <per-vertex-shape> or <per-triangle-shape>, any undeclared bones associated with the mesh will be declared at that point using whatever the default bone values happen to be at that point
  • When you declare constraints and specify bones via bodyA and bodyB attributes, if any of those bones are undeclared, they will be declared at that point using whatever the default bone values happen to be at that point

One important caveat of this is that as long as you're using <bone-default> tags, order of which you do things matter for any implicitly declared bones that might happen. This can be a dangerous pitfall that leads to unexpected behavior if you don't keep it in mind. If you're using <bone-default> tags, I would recommend to declare collision for rigid objects first, followed by kinematic bones, followed by dynamic bones, and between them make sure you cover all the bones your cloth mesh or your constraint groups will later refer to. Then you can define the cloth mesh collision and constraints however you want.

Or, alternatively, either specify bone parameters within each <bone> tag without using <bone-default>, or maybe explore the "name", "extends", and "template" features added earlier this year. Hydrogen has an example in the release notes here (search for the word "template" to see the xml snippet).

Anyway, attached is the xml I ended up with. I also added detailed comments that explains exactly what each part is doing. For context, I'm still using the nif from Czano's retexture and mesh fixes mod, with a virtual ground and virtual body added. I removed the belt and legs collision because the virtual body makes that no longer necessary. Boots collision is now optional.

ResplendentSkirtF.xml

1 hour ago, Dibella Follower said:

I've been searching, but haven't found a definitive HDT-SMP CBBE file. Is there an all encompassing HDT-SMP with collisions for CBBE download? 

Isn't that what the optional file on the CBBE SE Nexus page does?

12 hours ago, dduserab said:

@Tooneyman23

Hey. I worked a bit more on my Resplendent armor setup today and I thought you might be interested.

Basically, I didn't make any functional breakthroughs, instead, I spent some time to try to understand the xml better. I found some documentation here and here, and tried to both understand and clean up my xml. I ended up with a cleaner xml with unnecessary bits removed and duplicated bits deduplicated, and I now understand every part of the xml structure.

Some things I learned that might not be obvious at first glance:

• Every time you declare a <bone-default> tag, you modify the default values for any bones declared from that point after.
  • Every time you declare a <generic-constraint-default> tag, you modify the default values for any constraint groups declared from that point after.
  • When you declare collision for mesh via <per-vertex-shape> or <per-triangle-shape>, any undeclared bones associated with the mesh will be declared at that point using whatever the default bone values happen to be at that point
  • When you declare constraints and specify bones via bodyA and bodyB attributes, if any of those bones are undeclared, they will be declared at that point using whatever the default bone values happen to be at that point

One important caveat of this is that as long as you're using <bone-default> tags, order of which you do things matter for any implicitly declared bones that might happen. This can be a dangerous pitfall that leads to unexpected behavior if you don't keep it in mind. If you're using <bone-default> tags, I would recommend to declare collision for rigid objects first, followed by kinematic bones, followed by dynamic bones, and between them make sure you cover all the bones your cloth mesh or your constraint groups will later refer to. Then you can define the cloth mesh collision and constraints however you want.

Or, alternatively, either specify bone parameters within each <bone> tag without using <bone-default>, or maybe explore the "name", "extends", and "template" features added earlier this year. Hydrogen has an example in the release notes here (search for the word "template" to see the xml snippet).

Anyway, attached is the xml I ended up with. I also added detailed comments that explains exactly what each part is doing. For context, I'm still using the nif from Czano's retexture and mesh fixes mod, with a virtual ground and virtual body added. I removed the belt and legs collision because the virtual body makes that no longer necessary. Boots collision is now optional.

ResplendentSkirtF.xml

@dduserab Thank you for this write up. I'm going to be going over this in massive detail. My brain is absorbing this stuff like a sponge right now. 

I've got great news. Not only do I have permission from SarcasticShark, but I've got it from Czano too. I'm going to see about going over the files next couple of days little by little. I can't do it fully right now due to my course work and job, but once I get some more free time. I'll definitely jump in and finish this up. 

We do have a problem however. I can't seem to get a basic invisible body for males in the older male body armor for sarcasticskark's set. However, I noticed the invisible bodies tend to turn some of the NPC's invisible too. It's freaking weird. I don't know if it's a bug or something to do with processing power. I'll continue to look into it. 

If you're able to find a way with the male armor to get an invisible body into it please let me know. I'm looking to do to it, but it's going to take me a few days. I've literally have no time right now. The end of the weeks usually stink for me because I must work and study. Again thank you so much for all the info and helping me learn this stuff. You're definitely going into the special thanks department when I port this armor over to Nexusmods. But great news is we'll be able to bring Czano's armor pieces over. I'm just waiting now on DavidRobinson1986 who created these really cool texture sets to get back to me. I'd like to include them in the fomod I'm creating for Resplendent Armor and Greatsword. 

The CBBE SMP settings kind of suck. The ones from hydrogen are better but here are some CBBE body xmls that I worked on.

customCBBExmls.zip

I believe the CBBE - final one is the best I've done. 

For SOS, I just use https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3692-sos-light-version-with-tempered-skins-for-males-sse/. Seems to work fine.

I don't think anyone maintains a finalized all-in-one version of all settings (yet). Just make sure you set up the references in your defaultBBPs.xml file for boners and what not.

11 hours ago, Tooneyman23 said:

@dduserab Thank you for this write up. I'm going to be going over this in massive detail. My brain is absorbing this stuff like a sponge right now. 

I've got great news. Not only do I have permission from SarcasticShark, but I've got it from Czano too. I'm going to see about going over the files next couple of days little by little. I can't do it fully right now due to my course work and job, but once I get some more free time. I'll definitely jump in and finish this up. 

We do have a problem however. I can't seem to get a basic invisible body for males in the older male body armor for sarcasticskark's set. However, I noticed the invisible bodies tend to turn some of the NPC's invisible too. It's freaking weird. I don't know if it's a bug or something to do with processing power. I'll continue to look into it. 

If you're able to find a way with the male armor to get an invisible body into it please let me know. I'm looking to do to it, but it's going to take me a few days. I've literally have no time right now. The end of the weeks usually stink for me because I must work and study. Again thank you so much for all the info and helping me learn this stuff. You're definitely going into the special thanks department when I port this armor over to Nexusmods. But great news is we'll be able to bring Czano's armor pieces over. I'm just waiting now on DavidRobinson1986 who created these really cool texture sets to get back to me. I'd like to include them in the fomod I'm creating for Resplendent Armor and Greatsword. 

Sweet on the permissions!

If I have some time I'll try to remember to take a look at the male armor/body this weekend. No guarantees though.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, PhoenixTheSage said:

Have you tried any cloaks as a male character? The reference body is female is UNP based I believe, not entirely sure if that would have anything to do with it if you're using CBBE. If that's the issue, you'd have to change that yourself cause there's no where I'm going through all those meshes again :tongue:

Only other thing I can think of is...do you have XPMSSE installed? You need that.

Anyway, updated the BSTriShapes in a bunch of the meshes that I found had wrong naming as it corresponds to the XML. Might kill some log warnings at least, fix some cloaks that weren't working at best. I haven't tested everything to find out, I tested about a dozen randomly and they all worked for me. I'm using UUNP though.

Google Drive:

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.1

Attached:

Cloaks of Skyrim SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.1.7z

I have tried it with a male character and also without CBBE. I do have XPMSSE installed. Weird. Not working at all for me.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, cminnow said:

The CBBE SMP settings kind of suck. The ones from hydrogen are better but here are some CBBE body xmls that I worked on.

customCBBExmls.zip
I believe the CBBE - final one is the best I've done. 

For SOS, I just use https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3692-sos-light-version-with-tempered-skins-for-males-sse/. Seems to work fine.

I don't think anyone maintains a finalized all-in-one version of all settings (yet). Just make sure you set up the references in your defaultBBPs.xml file for boners and what not.

You can use the XML i refined for the body physics here it should work with all bodies if the tags are correct and the bones exist otherwise anything missing it will get ignored, just a matter of renaming things either in the XML or Nifs

2 hours ago, Slashz said:

You can use the XML i refined for the body physics here it should work with all bodies if the tags are correct and the bones exist otherwise anything missing it will get ignored, just a matter of renaming things either in the XML or Nifs

Nice. Didn't know anyone was working on an overall one. Is the mempatch still necessary with SSE and hydrogen's newest version? Feel free to take whatever you want from my body physics XMLs too.

I was playing a little bit today with the cloaks and I found a body from SMP which has armos, back, thigh, breasts, etc.. Collisions.. I'm trying to port them into the nif and see if I can use the collisions as barriers for the cloak to bounce off of instead of an invisible body. I found that with an invisible body attached to the regular body. It causes certain NPC's to go invisible themselves. I'm basically creating an invisible skeleton on the cloak and using the armor and legs collisions as a point to bounce off of the body. 

I've got it working like this. I'm going to have to fix the nif since I had to port the Cloak over to the body and not the other way around, but I think I could use this as a starting point. 

image.thumb.png.6c0424b7ca37e5a598bf9f779ef37ee2.png

I think the only thing I'd need to do now is create a couple fake collision for the calfs and we can use them as a way to create leg and feet collisions. The whole invisible body was causing a major issue with the cloaks for me. I think this might a be a better solutions since I noticed the other bodies for UUNP didn't cause any issues with the beasts collisions since they were there. 

These were originally designed for HDT-SMP to allow the armors and legs and lower back to jiggle, but I think I could use them as bumpers for the cloaks. Thoughts?....

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Amazing news! I has nose-to-clam collisions!!! :classic_shy:

Reveal hidden contents

My nose :classic_tongue: vs. Sashwyn's clam!

20180518201821_1.thumb.jpg.cce7f7e4d4fb2d578fedb31cbbd16edb.jpg

So now I just need to somehow rig SoS-Full's Schlong to trigger clamwise collisions and I'll be a happy girl!

That's great.. Did you convert Clams of Skyrim To SE? And were able to convert the HDT-SMP setup on the clam genies?

13 hours ago, DykkenTomb said:

That's great.. Did you convert Clams of Skyrim To SE? And were able to convert the HDT-SMP setup on the clam genies?

No, I did not convert Clams of Skyrim- I'm using the default UUNP-Special body, which features a physics-enabled vagina, and Leyenda Skin textures. Then I declared "UUNP.xml" in DefaultBBP.xml, then inside of UUNP.xml there are these declarations:

<bone name="NPC L Pussy02">
        <mass>0.10000</mass>
        <inertia x="10" y="10" z="10"/>
        <centerOfMassTransform>
            <basis x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1"/>
            <origin x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        </centerOfMassTransform>
        <linearDamping>0</linearDamping>
        <angularDamping>0</angularDamping>
        <friction>0</friction>
        <rollingFriction>0</rollingFriction>
        <restitution>0</restitution>
    </bone>

<bone name="NPC L Pussy01">
        <mass>0.00000</mass>
        <inertia x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <centerOfMassTransform>
        </centerOfMassTransform>
        <friction>0</friction>
    </bone>

<bone name="NPC R Pussy02">
        <mass>0.10000</mass>
        <inertia x="10" y="10" z="10"/>
        <centerOfMassTransform>
        </centerOfMassTransform>
        <friction>0</friction>
    </bone>

<bone name="NPC R Pussy01">
        <mass>0.00000</mass>
        <inertia x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <centerOfMassTransform>
        </centerOfMassTransform>
        <friction>0</friction>
    </bone>

<generic-constraint bodyA="NPC L Pussy02" bodyB="NPC L Pussy01">
        <frameInB>
        </frameInB>
        <useLinearReferenceFrameA>false</useLinearReferenceFrameA>
        <linearLowerLimit x="0" y="0" z="-0.5"/>
        <linearUpperLimit x="10" y="0" z="0.5"/>
        <angularLowerLimit x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularUpperLimit x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <linearStiffness x="10" y="10" z="10"/>            
        <angularStiffness x="100" y="100" z="100"/>        
        <linearDamping x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularDamping x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <linearEquilibrium x="-10" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularEquilibrium x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
    </generic-constraint>

<generic-constraint bodyA="NPC R Pussy02" bodyB="NPC R Pussy01">
        <frameInB>
        </frameInB>
        <useLinearReferenceFrameA>false</useLinearReferenceFrameA>
        <linearLowerLimit x="-10" y="0" z="-0.5"/>
        <linearUpperLimit x="0" y="0" z="0.5"/>
        <angularLowerLimit x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularUpperLimit x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <linearStiffness x="10" y="10" z="10"/>            
        <angularStiffness x="100" y="100" z="100"/>        
        <linearDamping x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularDamping x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
        <linearEquilibrium x="10" y="0" z="0"/>
        <angularEquilibrium x="0" y="0" z="0"/>
    </generic-constraint>

<per-triangle-shape name="UUNP">
    <margin>0.1</margin>
    <penetration>0.25</penetration>
    <tag>body</tag>        
    <no-collide-with-tag>body</no-collide-with-tag>
    <no-collide-with-tag>Lbreast</no-collide-with-tag>
    <no-collide-with-tag>Rbreast</no-collide-with-tag>
    <no-collide-with-tag>Belly</no-collide-with-tag>
  </per-triangle-shape>    

/spoiler]

Now I need to get hand-to-clam and schlong-to-clam collisions! There is a schlong-physics file on the SoS-Full SE page AND a strapon-to-clam mod too (somewhere, forgot where I saw it) but I'm not sure what to do with them or how to declare them in (some) xml.

Does anyone know how I can get the "HDT KS Hairdo's" (sic) SMP Ponytail to collide with the floor? Here's the problem:

While this is going on upstairs

20180516154412_1.thumb.jpg.aa85eb6e6893aab8e6ec198b5d19a123.jpg

This is happening in the room below:

20180516154440_1.thumb.jpg.c72257c5271709ceeb3d1a513a71813b.jpg

which is beyond weird.

From reading the various posts on this wig I had thought there was a ground collision object declared in the xml, but it doesn't look like there is, and I can't find out how to add one.

Here's the xml: HDTHair.xml

I have a strange problem when my game fps suddenly drops to almost 0 with spazzing mody parts (I think its the breasts?) of random female npcs nearby. It seems to trigger when they use work benches (which I have seen before in old versions of SMP), but now I am also getting it when I begin a sexlab scene (not the current character involved, but a nearby female npc which isnt involved starts killing my fps).

If I leave the area and return (eg, enter/exit a building) the problem is resolved until another trigger.

Has anyone found a solution to this or a way to minimise it? I am using UUNP body, latest SKSE, latest SMP, 4.20 skeleton

Cheers

48 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Does anyone know how I can get the "HDT KS Hairdo's" (sic) SMP Ponytail to collide with the floor? Here's the problem:

Reveal hidden contents

While this is going on upstairs

20180516154412_1.thumb.jpg.aa85eb6e6893aab8e6ec198b5d19a123.jpg

This is happening in the room below:

20180516154440_1.thumb.jpg.c72257c5271709ceeb3d1a513a71813b.jpg

which is beyond weird.

From reading the various posts on this wig I had thought there was a ground collision object declared in the xml, but it doesn't look like there is, and I can't find out how to add one.

Here's the xml: HDTHair.xml

I don't think you'll like the answer but I think you have to edit the ponytail nif to add a virtual floor and then set the collisions in the XML like so...

<per-triangle-shape name="VirtualGround">
    <margin>1</margin>
    <prenetration>1</prenetration>
    <tag>ground</tag>
  </per-triangle-shape>

Not impossible but not easy.

1 hour ago, turtle321 said:

I have a strange problem when my game fps suddenly drops to almost 0 with spazzing mody parts (I think its the breasts?) of random female npcs nearby. It seems to trigger when they use work benches (which I have seen before in old versions of SMP), but now I am also getting it when I begin a sexlab scene (not the current character involved, but a nearby female npc which isnt involved starts killing my fps).

If I leave the area and return (eg, enter/exit a building) the problem is resolved until another trigger.

Has anyone found a solution to this or a way to minimise it? I am using UUNP body, latest SKSE, latest SMP, 4.20 skeleton

Cheers

Replacing <per-triangle-shape> with <per-vertex-shape> helped me a lot with FPS.

So this might be a first:

Winter is Coming SSE HDT-SMP

----------------------------------------

Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rwsQUASzcsz8iyEPEYHhPMA3mC9TIr27

Wet & Cold SSE HDT-SMP

Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VP00m6N8gfSkjYf-hi5g4_NkDEulEMqe

Wet and Cold was pretty easy, but Winter is Coming was a troublesome SoB. Thank god for Mesh Rigger.

They may not be perfect, but I've tested them and they work :smiley:

I wanna see if Rosent can be contacted so maybe I could release an SSE page for all three (Cloaks of Skyrim SMP is 2 pages back for those who may have missed)

Alternative links attached for registered users...

Winter Is Coming SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.0.7z

Wet and Cold SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.0.7z

6 hours ago, cminnow said:

I don't think you'll like the answer but I think you have to edit the ponytail nif to add a virtual floor and then set the collisions in the XML like so...

Thanks for the xml tips. I would like the answer just fine if someone could point me to some guide on what, exactly, to do to the nif in NifSkope. NiStringExtraData? BSTriShape?

1 hour ago, PhoenixTheSage said:

So this might be a first:

Winter is Coming SSE HDT-SMP

Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rwsQUASzcsz8iyEPEYHhPMA3mC9TIr27

Wet & Cold SSE HDT-SMP

Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VP00m6N8gfSkjYf-hi5g4_NkDEulEMqe

Wet and Cold was pretty easy, but Winter is Coming was a troublesome SoB. Thank god for Mesh Rigger.

They may not be perfect, but I've tested them and they work :smiley:

I wanna see if Rosent can be contacted so maybe I could release an SSE page for all three (Cloaks of Skyrim SMP is 2 pages back for those who may have missed)

Alternative links attached for registered users...

Winter Is Coming SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.0.7z

Wet and Cold SSE HDT-SMP v1.0.0.7z

Are these for CBBE or UUNP? Please say UUNP... :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Are these for CBBE or UUNP? Please say UUNP... :classic_biggrin:

I just used the base shape that was in Rosent's WIP upload. It kinda looks like it might be CBBE. Hard to tell with no shader set applied.

Should work for either one I think though, the mesh is invisible. I use UUNP and it works fine.

Edit: Just applied the texture to check, reference shape is CBBE but yah it works for UUNP.

I could make UUNP versions for more accuracy I suppose.