SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

I'm running into an issue with the Brood Maiden and Kyne's Blessing quests (is it because they are somehow both active at the same time?). In Brood Maiden, Lastelle is in her cave, but she always says she doesn't need anything. So she hasn't asked for the 100 eggs. In the Kyne's blessing quest, I'm stuck at the 'Learn how to harvest ingredients' stage. I have no idea what to do next there (Admittedly I took a break from the game for a few weeks and I can't remember if Danica told me anything useful). Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Huttle said:

I'm running into an issue with the Brood Maiden and Kyne's Blessing quests (is it because they are somehow both active at the same time?). In Brood Maiden, Lastelle is in her cave, but she always says she doesn't need anything. So she hasn't asked for the 100 eggs. In the Kyne's blessing quest, I'm stuck at the 'Learn how to harvest ingredients' stage. I have no idea what to do next there (Admittedly I took a break from the game for a few weeks and I can't remember if Danica told me anything useful). Any ideas?

Can you share a screenshot of the journal for the quest from Lastelle?

13 hours ago, Papersword said:

I don't believe so, no. It might have been related to Flare Delay, in the mcm. Setting that to a larger number might fix the issue. 

I changed to to the maximum of 30 and still get the same result of instant rejection. 

Edited by Jtaygang

Not sure how much it will help but this is what my papyrus log looks like when it instant rejects,

[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] Check parasite event: ChaurusWormVag - Chance of trigger: 29819
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     _iNextStageTicker: 1795180
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     _iParasiteDuration: 0
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     flareDelay: 30.000000
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     fThreshold: -29719.666016
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] tryParasiteNextStage - ChaurusWormVag
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] clearing device string: ChaurusWormVag
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] clearing device keyword: [Keyword <_SLP_ParasiteChaurusWormVag (47008600)>]
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [Zad]: [SLP] clearParasite - destroy: [Keyword <_SLP_ParasiteChaurusWormVag (47008600)>]

Looking through the code the best I can it seems like when fThreshold is negative it instant rejects, iNextStageTicker being really big seems to guarantee that as well

fThreshold = 100.0 + (100.0 - ( ( ((_iNextStageTicker as Float) * 0.5) + ((_iParasiteDuration as Float) * 2.0) ) / flareDelay ) )

Edited by Jtaygang
punctuation
5 hours ago, Jtaygang said:

Not sure how much it will help but this is what my papyrus log looks like when it instant rejects,

[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] Check parasite event: ChaurusWormVag - Chance of trigger: 29819
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     _iNextStageTicker: 1795180
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     _iParasiteDuration: 0
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     flareDelay: 30.000000
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP]     fThreshold: -29719.666016
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] tryParasiteNextStage - ChaurusWormVag
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] clearing device string: ChaurusWormVag
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [SLP] clearing device keyword: [Keyword <_SLP_ParasiteChaurusWormVag (47008600)>]
[01/31/2023 - 12:26:38AM] [Zad]: [SLP] clearParasite - destroy: [Keyword <_SLP_ParasiteChaurusWormVag (47008600)>]

Looking through the code the best I can it seems like when fThreshold is negative it instant rejects, iNextStageTicker being really big seems to guarantee that as well

fThreshold = 100.0 + (100.0 - ( ( ((_iNextStageTicker as Float) * 0.5) + ((_iParasiteDuration as Float) * 2.0) ) / flareDelay ) )

Thanks... the threshold should definitely not be that low, and not meant to be negative. 

I will add a fix for that.

16 minutes ago, Huttle said:

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Not yet but  I will soon.

I just got to the point where I talked to Danica and I am on my way back to talk to Lastelle.

I will let you know in a couple of days after I get a chance to test.

29 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

The face huggers seem to inject Nord Mead into the PC, is this intended? I was wondering if we could get an option to have it supply lactacid instead, from MME.

It is intended to get the player drunk through Needs type of mods.

What is not intended is that I wanted it to be silent and Skyrim refuses to hide what potion is being applied.

Lactacid would be a possibility.. I need a way to detect Milk Mod is installed and a form ID of the Lactacid potion. 

I am already doing something similar for the Flying/Wings mods, but I didn't get to that yet for Milk Mod.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:36 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Not yet but  I will soon.

I just got to the point where I talked to Danica and I am on my way back to talk to Lastelle.

I will let you know in a couple of days after I get a chance to test.

Thank you!

I cannot progress the Chaurus Queen quest past the Shrouded Grove, I cannot speak to the Elder Root avatar there. No dialogue comes up.

EDIT: It seems that the Chaurus Armor (I think this is separate to the shiny armor?) isn't configured properly for RaceMenu High Heels, and so YPS is saying that my arched feet can't fit. This could potentially be fixed for a future update? In the meantime I've removed the requirement to wear high heels, and I'll roleplay it.

Edited by MysticDaedra

Greetings! This is very good mod, thanks to the author! I have problems with this mode: messages of infection by parasite show up, but parasite dont adding into my inventory or even equip (when i swimming or mating with spider - nothing happends, only message and only option "OK"). The same issue with spriggan infection: how i dont trying to infect myself - always failure (in the mod settings chance to infect is 50%). I'm playing with Skysex 2 modpack and use sanguine debauchery plus mod (Devous Devises and outher Devious mods are installed). Please, could you help me?  

Mby its can be problem with load order? First are sexlab mods, devious and SD+

Note: I've also tryed to equip spider eggs or chaurus worm from mod menu. It was working but i cannot unequip them, even after i've used dwemer oil (for spider eggs) - equiped before eggs just dublicating and i cannot remove them. Even command removeAllitems doesn't works. 

Edited by DiSoDS

Hello, loving this mod so far, so thanks for making it. I am having a few issues, is there a walkthrough? I had a look but it's 150 pages and couldn't see anything at a cursory glance. 

Almost everything is working fine but when I try to remove a Chaurus worm it removes a glowing mushroom from my inventory and then nothing happens, no animation, and the critter is still inside my character. I was hoping to collect live ones for study. I am using Animated Parasites too, in case that's an issue.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Cumpleanos said:

Hello, loving this mod so far, so thanks for making it. I am having a few issues, is there a walkthrough? I had a look but it's 150 pages and couldn't see anything at a cursory glance. 

Almost everything is working fine but when I try to remove a Chaurus worm it removes a glowing mushroom from my inventory and then nothing happens, no animation, and the critter is still inside my character. I was hoping to collect live ones for study. I am using Animated Parasites too, in case that's an issue.

Thanks in advance.

There is a walkthrough here without quest stages:

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Parasites:-Walkthrough

I dont konw if this is just me being dumb, but the hip huggers are invisible ingame. I've looked around in bodyslide and they're not there to build as well. I have both the main file and the cbbe conversion files

Edit- So ive noticed that the hip hugger is in my inventory and i can see that its been built but I still cant see it on the my character after i equip it

Edited by Fushiguro Megumi
21 minutes ago, Fushiguro Megumi said:

I dont konw if this is just me being dumb, but the hip huggers are invisible ingame. I've looked around in bodyslide and they're not there to build as well. I have both the main file and the cbbe conversion files

Edit- So ive noticed that the hip hugger is in my inventory and i can see that its been built but I still cant see it on the my character after i equip it

If you are using mods or items that occupy the same slot. the parasite can be added and not equipped.

42 minutes ago, wardrake said:

kyne doesn't really fit the name for me. Parasites don't seem like Kyne's area of influence. Now Paryite or the deadra that you get the cannable ring from fits parasite better.

The subscript of the mod is that Kynareth is a glossy, cleaned up version of the original nordic deity Kyne, which was closer to being one with nature and linked to even older gods.

I went with this quote from the Lore 'She is often called the Mother of Men and beasts' (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Kyne).

As a devotee of the older version of Kyne, Danica implies that parasites are not pests... they are beings living in unity with their hosts and as such, as gift from Kyne.

Vor 38 Minuten sagte Tamai:

Ich habe sie zu schnell gesprochen und gesagt, jetzt weißt du, wie man den Trank herstellt, aber ich habe noch einmal mit ihr gesprochen und sie hat es nicht erklärt, lol

look at an alchemist's table or a cooking stove to see if you can make something there

or just wait a while - the "living armour" has its own "needs" for which it needs you as the wearer

the priestess said that this creature is quite harmless

?