Being a Guard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest ffabris
12 hours ago, hgsf said:

Can you make this mod for SSE or does it work with SSE ?

I can't, sorry, but maybe someone else can port it. I don't think it will work with SSE as-is.

I resaved it with the SSE's CK and it works (I'm playing it in SkyrimVR). The only difference I have seen is that at one point where there are suposed to be several sex scenes after each other there was only one.

I wonder if @Vachnic is planning to upload a conversion (as he did with the other ffabris mods). If not I can make a "clean" conversion and upload it.

21 hours ago, prinyo said:

I resaved it with the SSE's CK and it works (I'm playing it in SkyrimVR). The only difference I have seen is that at one point where there are suposed to be several sex scenes after each other there was only one.

I wonder if @Vachnic is planning to upload a conversion (as he did with the other ffabris mods). If not I can make a "clean" conversion and upload it.

Hey Prinyo,

I am not going to make a conversion of Being a Guard, because I was never able to make it work even in LE (never got past the Riverwood scenes) and could never figure out why.

So please, feel free to upload a clean conversion! Maybe it will finally work for me as well. All of ffabris' mods have open permissions (except for the art work), so anyone can make and upload conversions.

Here is the converted mod. Tested it with both SAM and SOS and it looks fine.

Being A GuardSSE.7z

On 12/30/2019 at 11:04 AM, Vachnic said:

(never got past the Riverwood scenes)

Hmm, I'm currently stuck in the same place playing in VR. I remember playing the whole mod in Oldim with no problems, 

Looking at this it seems it is waiting for a travel package to be finished - onEnd of the package it will advance the stage. So if the guy never gets from Whiterun to Riverwood it will never advance. I'm going to check where is he now in my game. I guess one solution is to simply port him instead.

• 3 months later...
Guest ffabris
6 hours ago, Sr_Rau said:

Hi ffabris, when I was "modding" your mod (how ironic)  (someone's port to SSE) to Spanish, when I wanted to test it to see how it looked, the game is left on an endless loading screen, any solution?

Conflict with another mod, at a guess. That's the best I can do.

Guest ffabris
11 hours ago, Sr_Rau said:

What happens is that if I don't touch the code it works fine, but if I edit something from the .esp it gives me the error.

OK, so, if you're editing this mod, you need to make sure that any ESPs that is has as requirements are flagged as master, otherwise when you save changes, those mods will be purged. That's just how Creation Kit is. However that normally results in stuff just being stripped, not the load problem you describe. Still, you never know.

If that isn't it, no idea, frankly. Possibly it is the specific changes you're making.

13 hours ago, Sr_Rau said:

What happens is that if I don't touch the code it works fine, but if I edit something from the .esp it gives me the error.

Open the esp with xEdit and see if it shows some errors.

A wild guess - get a fresh copy of the esp and edit only a single line by putting there all letters/characters that you would use in your translation (including Ñ). This will help you see if you have a problem with the encoding.

Another thing would be to be sure you are translating only the text that should be translated and not some "special" words like properties, names, internal pointers.

6 hours ago, prinyo said:

Abra el esp con xEdit y vea si muestra algunos errores.

Una suposición descabellada: obtenga una copia nueva del esp y edite solo una línea colocando todas las letras / caracteres que usaría en su traducción (incluyendo Ñ). Esto lo ayudará a ver si tiene un problema con la codificación.

Otra cosa sería asegurarse de que está traduciendo solo el texto que debe traducirse y no algunas palabras "especiales" como propiedades, nombres, punteros internos.

9 hours ago, ffabris said:

OK, entonces, si está editando este mod, debe asegurarse de que cualquier ESP que tenga como requisitos se marque como maestro , de lo contrario, cuando guarde los cambios, esos mods se eliminarán. Así es como es el Kit de creación. Sin embargo, eso normalmente da como resultado que se eliminen las cosas, no el problema de carga que describe. Aún así, nunca se sabe.

Si eso no es así, ni idea, francamente. Posiblemente son los cambios específicos que estás haciendo.

Thank you, thanks I'll try and see how it goes.

Guest ffabris
15 hours ago, victoriasophia said:

i got a problem with this mod pls help me. Everytime i go to the Whiterun guards barrack behind the inn after talking to the captain. It either crashes or have a infinite loading(no tips and figures just mist and black screen)

Sounds like a conflict with another mod, probably one that modifies the barracks.

its okay found a solution for it i just enter the dragonreach jail and make my my to the barracks using one of the cells. Is the quest end at riverwood? it after he says to go find and speak ognar at riverwood. it ends theres no dialog for ognar and there no quest marker for him also there no quest at the jurnal 

Guest ffabris
21 hours ago, victoriasophia said:

its okay found a solution for it i just enter the dragonreach jail and make my my to the barracks using one of the cells. Is the quest end at riverwood? it after he says to go find and speak ognar at riverwood. it ends theres no dialog for ognar and there no quest marker for him also there no quest at the jurnal 

From the mod description:

First, please note that there are a few points in the mod where you have to wait before the story will progress. These, however, are usually clearly indicated either by dialog (an NPC will tell you you have to wait for a certain time), or via quest objective. In the few cases where there is no indication, just wait a bit... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with the very last quest  - Honeymoon. I'd get to Orgnar, talk to him about double teaming him, and then...nothing. Ulrorn would go into the bedroom and Orgnar stayed outside in the inn. 

I eventually progressed using setstage, but it seemed that the trigger that should have fired in Orgnar's dialogue to end that section of the quest and call him into the bedroom didn't fire for some reason. The progression was to 40 IIRC.

The only possible conflict I can think of would have been JK's Skyrim, or possibly the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul -- but the waypoint was still there for Ulrorn, so no idea.

Anyway, mostly posting so other people know it's fixable if this happens to them.

• 6 months later...

I am having a bit of trouble with the Riverwood quest. I went to riverwood, had sex with the guard, and then talked to orgnar, but after that nothing happened (no sex scene, quest marker remains on orgnar but no additional conversation dialogues are available. I tried the fix (using G_Part4) with player.sqs and nothing happened. doing showquesttargets shows the quest ID as G_Part4. But attempting to use that as the quest ID in player.sqs or getstage results in failure.

• 1 year later...

A good mod, but it's a pity that it's short and there are no consequences from it, except for adding a follower at the end. It would be possible to leave the function of belonging to the guards with dialogues about sex on a permanent basis when the quests are over. A mod to play for an hour and then delete because of the superfluous and unnecessary esp.

• 5 months later...