Being a Guard

Always needed. I mean it wont hurt one more time to enjoy that "farewell symphony", when the roommates are leaving the scene one at a time after it is done.  And their words are "Trouble?", or "No lollygagin", or "Come dragon or giant... let them come" :)

Only one question: any new quest is coming soon? Though, I think it would be not a good idea just copy this GREAT mod's fabula and paste it to another Skyrim fraction. Though... I think one more story repeated to the bards, or i.g. elders would be a sweet roll. Aye.

Only one question: any new quest is coming soon? Though, I think it would be not a good idea just copy this GREAT mod's fabula and paste it to another Skyrim fraction. Though... I think one more story repeated to the bards, or i.g. elders would be a sweet roll. Aye.

I was actually working on a continuation of this mod - but I ran into a brick wall (aka writer's block) and don't know how to proceed from where I am. :-|

Maybe I should say or do something inspiring?

And I am wondering at the name Ulrorn you gave to one of your characters. What's the origin of this name?

I picked one I liked from here;)

Anyway, I decided that continuing this story would be very much an anticlimax, so am going to try something else. We'll see.

Hey, I am really loving the mod so far! I'm messaging because I recently hit a problem with the story; I got all the way to the "The Big Day Prep" quest, I would start the wedding, do the "ritual" then after the sex, nothing happens, my character can move around but I'm not able to interact with anything or anyone. When I checked the quest .sqs the 20 has a 1 but it just stops there. I would love some help so I can continue the fun!

Ah, thank you. I'm not sure why it's having troubles loading the next bit of dialog after the sex, but maybe there's a mod that I have that could be conflicting with it. I haven't had any problems that I couldn't figure out myself with the story besides the occasional sex skip (which is probably caused by my sex animations that are toggled because I change them frequently).

Ah, thank you. I'm not sure why it's having troubles loading the next bit of dialog after the sex, but maybe there's a mod that I have that could be conflicting with it. I haven't had any problems that I couldn't figure out myself with the story besides the occasional sex skip (which is probably caused by my sex animations that are toggled because I change them frequently).

No idea what the conflict is either, sorry. But the above should allow you to proceed. :)

Hi, before I destroy my life with this mod, I wanted to know what heavy modification to Sleeping Giant Inn means? This mod doesn't play nice with Realistic Room Rental?

Changing the interiors in a significant way. Specifically, BAG makes use of a bed in the inn. It also gets Delphine out of the way, if she's still hanging out there.

I don't know the mod you mentioned, so I can't confirm/deny if the two mods will work together.

Hi, before I destroy my life with this mod, I wanted to know what heavy modification to Sleeping Giant Inn means? This mod doesn't play nice with Realistic Room Rental?

Changing the interiors in a significant way. Specifically, BAG makes use of a bed in the inn. It also gets Delphine out of the way, if she's still hanging out there.

I don't know the mod you mentioned, so I can't confirm/deny if the two mods will work together.

Delphine is still there with RRR until moving to Sky Haven Temple, but there are a couple more beds and maybe some changes in furniture location/abundance. it also adds Hearthfire things to inns like ovens. I don't remember how it looked before, because i've had RRR for years, hovever Sleeping Giant seems to be one of the less changed inns according to google images of before.

Delphine is still there with RRR until moving to Sky Haven Temple, but there are a couple more beds and maybe some changes in furniture location/abundance. it also adds Hearthfire things to inns like ovens. I don't remember how it looked before, because i've had RRR for years, hovever Sleeping Giant seems to be one of the less changed inns according to google images of before.

OK. All I can say is try. As noted, one of the vanilla beds is referenced (not the room you're sent to during the main quest, the other one). Plus markers are placed to position NPCs. Oh, Delphine is also sent to her bed during your first visit there.

Basically, if vanilla items are left alone, then you should be fine.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i really enjoy your mod, but as some others, i have a bug with a part of the quest. I completly finished the first unconter with Ulrorn and it worked fine. But nothing happens after that. He tells me to go to Riverwood, and this part of the quest finished, but i never have the next step... I've reloaded my save four times, restarsted the game and the mods wich could make some conflicts are not actives in my game. 

I don't know wich code i must use to fix that. Can you please help me? I really like this mod and i want to play all the quest line! 

Guest ffabris

Have you completed "Before the Storm" (part of the main quest in the vanilla game)? If not, it won't work as there will be no guards in Riverwood yet.

From the download page:
"Before the Storm" must be completed, or use a mod that removes the quest, such as Skyrim Unbound. You also need to have enough male guards available. Up to 4 are needed, depending.

Otherwise, open the spoiler in the Troubleshooting section for help.

Thank you for the quick answer. Even if it is the first time i'm asking for help, i'm not new at all with this game and playing with mods, and i've been using mods from loverslab for three years. I have more than 1800 hours of playing with Skyrim and i've, of course, read everything on the download page of your mod before using it. I downloaded "Skyrim Unbound" specially for your mod. Usually i use "Alternate Start" mod and all alternate mods working with it. I've read all this topic twice. Riverwood is the Vanilla one, i just use a mod wich adds a Bow under Delphine Bed. I used "Prison Overlaw" and i stopped this mod. It's the only mod i used that created conflicts with your mod. I hope i will fix this, because i like your mod and there is too less gay mods for this game lol and this is not a slavery mod, it is a good change lol. Thanks for your patience and for this quick answer. I just need, i thing, the right code to start the part 4. Number of guards are not the troubles, there are enough ot them, it is just the quest finished and nothing else after.. I will test with an older character and pray that it will works! 

Guest ffabris

Part 4 starts automatically when part 3 ends. You can try to force it with

setstage G__Part4 0

in console. But if it didn't start by itself, then forcing it won't work either. If it isn't starting, one of the alises isn't filling, so you're missing something, or there is a conflict. A bit later, I'll load it into CK and find out what alaises need filling.

Guest ffabris

Part 4 - "Riverwood" - requires all of the following, or it won't start:

• Player (always valid)
  • One guard (see below)
  • Orgnar
  • Delphine (so she can be removed)
  • Ulrorn (part of the mod, so always valid unless killed... but he is flagged essential).
  • Capt of Whiterun Guard (Caius or Sinmir)
  • Note (part of the mod, so will always be there)

The guard is selected as follows:

• GetInCurrentLoc = RiverwoodLocation
  • GetInFaction = IsGaurdFaction
  • GetIsSex = Male
  • GetDead = false
  • GetIsInjured = false

Note that GetIsSex uses the vanilla system to determine sex, not SexLab. Orgnar can be dead; if so, he will be resurrected. Delphine cannot be dead (she is marked as essential in the vanilla game), so if you killed her, the quest will fail.

So, my best guess (and it is just a guess) is that some mod is changing the factions on the guards at Riverwood, perhaps changing IsGuardFaction to GuardFactionWhiterun. Either way, it is a conflict with... something.

Added: Ah, I almost forgot! Part4 triggers a parallel quest, one that sends the vanilla courier to meet you on the road to Riverwood. However, if that fails, it won't break Part4 itself, nor Part5.

Added: And I think you're saying Part 4 finished but Part 5 won't start... in which case...

Part 5 - "A Guard in Distress" - requires all of the following:

• Player
  • Captain of the Guard (Caius or Sinmir)
  • Cage, cage door, chest, markers in SilentMoonsCamp (added by this mod)
  • Ulrorn
  • Player Bed in Whiterun barracks (added by this mod)
  • Triggers added by this mod

Anything messing with the interior of Silent Moons Camp may cause this to fail if the cage, etc, cannot be placed. Similarly, anything messed with the guard barracks... but I think that isn't the case as you were able to complete the previous parts.

• 1 month later...
Guest ffabris

After I complete Learning the Ropes, a new quest dosen't start.... How do I start the River wood quest? nothing happens when I talk to Orgnar of the whiterun guard. I've checked the quest and it has something to do with the courier I'm guessing?

Go to Riverwood, then open console with ~ and type:

setstage G__part4 0

See if that starts it.

• 1 month later...

well done FFabris
elaboration:

i cant even remember when i downloaded this mod, and had it installed in the NMM but never had the chance to even try it out, one day, after i finished Isle of Mara/ Debauchery, i was really bored of it & went for enslavement process when a wild comment appeared (i want to be a guard) or something. great story line, always wondered why Debauchery didnt have that kind of story, decision based story.
long story short,
this is by far the greatest mod i have among the mods, i wish it never ended.
thank you for the great mod

• 3 months later...