Being a Guard

Guest ffabris

En respectant les termes de l'autorisation de l'auteur, j'ai publié sur mon blog une version féminine française.

By respecting the terms of author's authorization, I published a  female French version of my blog.

http://floranais.blogspot.be/p/blog-page_4.html

Very nice, thank you! :)  I'll add a link on the download page.

Guest ffabris

thank you but now im haveing a issue with part 8 when i go to marry it i cant move and nothing happens once i enter the building

Hum, you may be missing one of the required participants. See the troubleshooting section of the download page for how you can supply more useful info.

Guest ffabris

As I hinted before, see the troubleshooting section for how you can provide more useful info... like where exactly the quest gets stuck. :)

I'm actually having an issue with the "Deva Vu" questline. the quest pointer points to a pine thrush egg on a table in a bandit camp but when I pick it up absolutely nothing happens. even after I've waited a week in game time. I've even tried going back to the guard captain and the barracks just to see. I'm a bit stuck. i've tried the player.sqs command but "G_stage9" is not a valid quest name apparently. I get the compiled script not saved error. I'm obviously missing something simple but damned if I can figure out what.

Decided to play through this again, and I got stuck starting part 4.  I went into full "why the fuck won't this work" mode. 

I set up a profile in Mod Organizer with only the required mods for this, and tested it twice. (I had forgotten how ugly vanilla Skyrim was.)

Both times I got stuck at the end of stage 3. After doing some googling about reference aliases I discovered this.  The relevant part is that for "Find Matching Reference"

This option allows the Story Manager to find a reference from anywhere in the world (but only persistent references, or Unique actors, can be found this way outside the loaded area).

The important part of THAT is "outside the loaded area," as guards aren't persistent or unique.

So, realizing what was probably happening, I loaded up my save at the end of part 3 and coc-ed to Riverwood, then back to the guard barracks. The alias filled and part 4 started. I tested this several times. If I didn't visit Riverwood, part 4 never started. If I did, the quest ran.

This probably explains why the quest works for some people and not others. Intermittent bugs are fun!

tl;dr - if the Riverwood cell isn't in memory when the conditions are evaluated - the Guard01 alias won't fill and the mod breaks. This likely also will affect part 7 starting.

Guest ffabris

I'm actually having an issue with the "Deja Vu" questline. the quest pointer points to a pine thrush egg on a table in a bandit camp but when I pick it up absolutely nothing happens. even after I've waited a week in game time. I've even tried going back to the guard captain and the barracks just to see. I'm a bit stuck.

You an advance the quest manually, I guess... I have no idea why you'd get stuck there. See the troubleshooting section on the download page.

Decided to play through this again, and I got stuck starting part 4.  I went into full "why the fuck won't this work" mode. 

I set up a profile in Mod Organizer with only the required mods for this, and tested it twice. (I had forgotten how ugly vanilla Skyrim was.)

Both times I got stuck at the end of stage 3. After doing some googling about reference aliases I discovered this.  The relevant part is that for "Find Matching Reference"

This option allows the Story Manager to find a reference from anywhere in the world (but only persistent references, or Unique actors, can be found this way outside the loaded area).

The important part of THAT is "outside the loaded area," as guards aren't persistent or unique.

So, realizing what was probably happening, I loaded up my save at the end of part 3 and coc-ed to Riverwood, then back to the guard barracks. The alias filled and part 4 started. I tested this several times. If I didn't visit Riverwood, part 4 never started. If I did, the quest ran.

This probably explains why the quest works for some people and not others. Intermittent bugs are fun!

tl;dr - if the Riverwood cell isn't in memory when the conditions are evaluated - the alias won't fill and the mod breaks. This likely also will affect part 7 starting.

Bizarre. I played though the entire quest multiple times and never had that happen. Good catch though!

Bizarre. I played though the entire quest multiple times and never had that happen. Good catch though!

You're a mod developer. By definition almost, you don't play the game, you load it up to test things. ;)

If you tested this from start to finish using Skyrim Unbound, then Riverwood would have always been in memory and the bug wouldn't hit you. I suspect you never quit out and reloaded during that time. Try a quick runthrough but save and quit in Whiterun after it's been started and see what happens.

Guest ffabris

You're a mod developer. By definition almost, you don't play the game, you load it up to test things. ;)

If you tested this from start to finish using Skyrim Unbound, then Riverwood would have always been in memory and the bug wouldn't hit you. I suspect you never quit out and reloaded during that time. Try a quick runthrough but save and quit in Whiterun after it's been started and see what happens.

Point. Unbound is probably why it works for me, yes.

Trying to fix this would mean re-writing that part of the quest - and others too, I suspect. So I'll leave that as an exercise in anyone who fancies taking that on.

• 1 month later...

in case if i forgot to show my appreciation for this mod, thank you very much for this wonderful job, i keep on repeating the mission, despite it is tagged as silly

wish i can select someone else than ulrorn, or maybe related mod like, dragondaddy ..

• 1 month later...
Guest ffabris

Edit the mod with TES5Edit, and replace the KS hair with whatever you want. Then clean the mod to remove the reference to KSHairdos. That done, you need to load the mod into CK and rebake facegendata for all NPCs.

• 4 months later...
Guest ffabris

Best guess is that there's an NPC missing. I don't recall what NPCs are needed there, I'm afraid. Just please note that this mod has been around for some time and is quite robust, if not perfect. At least the mod should continue even if the sex fails. I hope.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm so frustrated that I downloaded most of your fabulous mods, but nearly all of them crash my game when just entered the game, can't even load the menu... And finally I find that I can get into the game with this mod. I was trying to start the quest, but I talked nearly each and every guard in Whiterun, but there's no one have an option can let me start the quest... I tried to start the question by using console, and it said "item 'G_part1' not found for parameter quest"... : / I think your mods hate me a lot lol

Guest ffabris
1 hour ago, joshua8188 said:

I'm so frustrated that I downloaded most of your fabulous mods, but nearly all of them crash my game when just entered the game, can't even load the menu... And finally I find that I can get into the game with this mod. I was trying to start the quest, but I talked nearly each and every guard in Whiterun, but there's no one have an option can let me start the quest... I tried to start the question by using console, and it said "item 'G_part1' not found for parameter quest"... : / I think your mods hate me a lot lol

Odd that my mods crash your game. Suggests a severe conflict with something.

as for the error, that suggests you're using the wrong command, or the mod hasn't loaded properly. See 

Anyway, it really does sounds like a problem with other mods you have, or with load order, or some such. My mods don't hate you, your game has issues of some kind.

Guest ffabris
13 hours ago, joshua8188 said:

God, i waited for an hour and restart my pc, then it finally works ;-;!!! Thank for the reply though XD

(And, the 3 bath house mods are not work for my game... tried to install all the require mods, but the game still crash every time :(

You have a conflict or some such there, if it crashes. 

Guest ffabris
1 hour ago, joshua8188 said:

Will these 3 mods conflict with Underground bath house or Paradise Valley?

I honestly don't remember. I don't think those locations are touched, but can't be sure. Even so, they would not prevent the quest from starting, as is your case, nor would it result in crashes.

• 3 months later...

Dear friends, I just finished the Learning of Ropes but next quest Reverwood did not appear. I try talk with Ufron so many time but nothing happen. Please help me how to solve ít (I am beginner to study English, so forgive me if my sentences is mistake)

Guest ffabris
19 hours ago, lavajoro said:

Dear friends, I just finished the Learning of Ropes but next quest Reverwood did not appear. I try talk with Ufron so many time but nothing happen. Please help me how to solve ít (I am beginner to study English, so forgive me if my sentences is mistake)

You may want to read the troubleshooting section on the download page.In some cases, there are intentional delays in the quest. That section also explains how to force it to proceed - assuming nothing is "broken", and no other mods are interfering.